July 02, 2024, 11:03:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 [549] 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009221 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
atronite

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:01:55 PM

ZEIT NEWS UPDATE

Our New Block Explorer is now Online at
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/

Our 2nd Block Explorer is at
http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=ZEIT

Plus the Block Explorer built into the latest Wallet version.

For everyone who wants to start buying goods and services at
https://www.coinpayments.net/store-directory

You can Vote for them to accept Zeitcoin at
https://www.coinpayments.net/vote
(Only one vote allowed per person , .001 Btc to Vote.)

Cool

How do we know where we are at in terms of votes?
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:54:32 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2n2wcw/cryptsy_bug_causes_significant_losses_company/

I wanted to draw attention to a serious bug in Cryptsy's trading engine that has caused us significant losses. Cryptsy has refused to honor its published price data, and has overcharged us more than $70 in trades dating back several days. A message to Paul Vernon to correct the company's mistake has been refused even though Cryptsy itself acknowledged that there is a problem.
I represent Prohashing, a mining pool that allows users to mine any coin and receive payments in any coin. Trades are conducted through Cryptsy and, as soon as manpower is available to complete the testing of the Poloniex code, other exchanges. In August, we at Prohashing complained to Cryptsy in this forum about poor customer service. In that incident, someone (without our direction) actually went to Cryptsy headquarters with a video camera to investigate why our tickets were not being answered. Eventually Mr. Vernon showed up and apologized for a communication error, and we decided to give them a second chance since, at the time, there were mistakes in our software.
Cryptsy's documentation states that their system matches buy orders placed above the market price so that they will be executed at the market price. To place a market order and purchase coins immediately at Cryptsy, one simply enters a price above the market rate. For example, if I wanted to purchase 2 bitcoins at the current market price of $350, then I can enter an order for 2 bitcoins at $500. The order will be executed at $350, and if there aren't enough bitcoins available at that price, then at the next order at $351, and so on, until I've obtained two bitcoins or the price has climbed to $500, whichever occurs first. This behavior is consistent in both the web interface and Cryptsy's API.
Therefore, if one wants 2 bitcoins at the best possible price, one can even place an order for $999999, without actually paying $19999998. Our system takes advantage of this feature by offering to pay 1.1 times the market price, so that we receive the market rate in most cases but also limit slippage to a reasonable figure. Theoretically, as someone did in this case, a person should be able to place a sell order for a few Megacoins at 0.00000007, and the order will be executed at the highest buy price, after which it will disappear from the order book.
On Wednesday, November 19, and possibly for several days before, Cryptsy's Megacoin market contained the orders listed in http://shoemakervillage.org/prohashing/MEC_error.jpg. The site's "push API" and the "public API" mirrored this order book. As you can see, the lowest sell order was below the highest buy order. If the system were working as advertised, this situation would not be possible. Since this data was listed as the "buy price" for Megacoins, any person or algorithm that attempted to trade Megacoins saw that the price of Megacoins was 0.00000007, since it was the lowest price.
During this time, Cryptsy allowed trades to execute against this phantom sell order. Customers who attempted to purchase Megacoins believed they were paying the low price, but they silently were charged the higher price of the second-lowest order for all their coins. If the "phantom order" were simply filled and then slippage occurred, the system would still have been incorrect, but there would have been minimal losses. Instead, anyone who traded Megacoins that day was overcharged repeatedly. They didn't know it until they looked at their account balances and noticed that they were close to zero. The "phantom order" remained on the books for the entire day (and perhaps before that) and was the published Cryptsy price no matter how many orders were placed against it.
Meanwhile, many of our customers (as well as us) noticed that Megacoins were cheap and chose to be paid in Megacoins. Since Cryptsy executed trades at the low price but delivered 1000x fewer coins than promised, nobody noticed this problem until a regular audit determined that the database balance was outside of the tolerated range from the Cryptsy expected balance. At the same time, a customer pointed out that his balance was far higher than even he expected. By the time that Megacoins were payout disabled, Cryptsy had charged us at least 0.14 bitcoins more than what we had directed them to spend for these orders.
In hopes of resolving the problem, we contacted Cryptsy through their support desk twice. We politely requested that they investigate the issue and reimburse us for the excess bitcoins, since they had advertised one price and charged another. A customer service representative acknowledged that Cryptsy was responsible for the error, and stated that they would send the issue to the "network team" for investigation. Several minutes later, the bad order was removed from Cryptsy's system, as shown in the huge crash in http://shoemakervillage.org/prohashing/MEC_error2.jpg. We submitted a reply explaining that a store cannot advertise one price, charge another, and then refuse to correct the difference, and asked for the issue to be escalated to a supervisor or directly to Mr. Vernon. Instead, Cryptsy replied with the following response:
Unfortunately our terms of service state that we do not endorse , nor can we be responsible for the use of 3rd party content ie: If you were not using the automated trading software which is not endorsed by cryptsy, im sure the trades would not have been placed. Wish i could do more to assist you, but there is not much more I can do about these types of situations.
Sincerely, Jim aka: JShock Customer Service Manager Cryptsy.com
Keep in mind that there was no "third party content" being used here. The content (price data) was obtained directly from Cryptsy's website. No additional sources of information were used in making trading decisions. Furthermore, humans using Cryptsy's website would also fall victim to the same issue, as would an API trading program created by Cryptsy's own engineers.
To review, imagine that you walk into a hardware store and see that there is a sale on a type of screw. You take the screws to the cashier and since they are so cheap, you say that you're even willing to pay 1.1 times the sale price. Since the cost is so low, you buy 10,000 of these 5 cent screws to use in building your new home. The cashier tells you that paying more than the sale price isn't necessary, and that the store will just charge the normal price, so you give the cashier a credit card. The card rings through at the agreed price, and you leave. After a long day of using up all the screws to install drywall, you return from the job site and log onto your bank's website to balance your budget. You discover that, instead of paying $500.00 for all the screws, you were actually charged a half million dollars for a few dozen boxes of fasteners. You call the company to complain and correct the error, but they refuse, saying that the cost was actually 1000 times greater and they were passing on the error to you. After all, it was your fault that you relied on the price they listed on the shelf when you decided how many screws to purchase.
We refuse to pass such losses onto our customers, so I withdrew money from my personal account to cover them. The problem we face is that mining is an industry dominated by liars, cheats, and frauds. I hear stories from people who talk about companies like the Middlecoin pool, where h2odyssey claimed that BTC-e froze over 50 bitcoins and he just decided to disappear. The number one problem we have to deal with every day is customers who refuse to do business with us not because we have ever cheated them, but because every other mining company they have dealt with has ripped them off. It is extremely difficult to run a business that actually stands by its commitments when people have come to expect everyone else to cheat them. However, despite honoring our own commitment, we have made it clear to our customers that Cryptsy is not honoring theirs.
There is something deeply wrong when a startup pool that is just registering as a company pays out others' problems from personal funds, and a corporation with an actual office, many employees, and which is registered as a FinCEN money transmitter passes losses from its own bugs to its customers.
If Mr. Vernon reads this post, then I hope that he does the right thing by apologizing for what Cryptsy has already acknowledged as a mistake, and adding the correct number of bitcoins to reimburse the account balances of everyone affected by this bug. If he chooses not to do so, then his negative business practices have proven that Cryptsy is little better than the dishonest companies in the bitcoin industry.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
atronite

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:55:05 PM

So this just means not to put absurdly high buy order, or absurdly low sell orders?
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:18:46 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 01:36:19 AM by kiklo

shadowmoon

Activity: 180

« Sent to: atronite on: November 17, 2014, 03:53:02 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete  
Good day I am responsible for the site www.bitscoinshop.com.br/en/
We are always looking to partner with altcoins.
I wonder if you are interested in adding your currency in our store and if some Bountys for merchants.
We await response.

What do you guys think?

By the way, is there any way to add a section to the Zeitcoin website which lists merchants that accept Zeitcoin? Like a directory? Plus an invitation for merchants to register with the Zeitcoin website in order to be listed (along with a user rating system in order to report businesses that should not be listed for whatever reason).

I know I would find such a directory to be extremely useful, and I know bitcoin and other coins do the same thing.  

Already listed in the Goals List
Goals , Long & Short Range for Consideration
A Directory of Services/Items for sale using Zeitcoins       submitted by BainbridgeJ  

But will add yours
A user rating system in order to report Businesses      submitted by Atronite

Our 1st priority will be in getting Listed as a Supported Coin on coinpayments.net , due to their voting policy , it will be up to the members of the community to get Zeitcoin added to it.
Only 1 vote per person.
Once we are on their supported coin list , any site that accepts coinpayments.net can accept zeitcoins.

However ask www.bitscoinshop.com.br/en/ what size bounty is required to have them take zeitcoins directly. Depending on their answer, if the bounty is too high, it will have to wait until more of the ZeitKnights are Active at the RoundTable. Plus it will give us an baseline idea what some merchants are looking for in Bountys?

Cool

EDIT:
https://www.coinpayments.net/vote-thanks
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:35:57 PM

on the new wallet and fully synced! was a bit scary there for a minute when my balance showed up at 50% but it shot up during the syncing. zeitcoin blockchain is a beast!
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:40:31 PM

ZEITKNIGHTS
Jan 31., 2015
Become a legendary zeight (zeitknight) and help us to help others.
Registration is open for 4 weeks in February, 4 weeks in June, 4 weeks in October.

Zeit-Knights
Charity            : (Donate up to 10% of their interest stake to help others and fund the Faucet & Bountys)
Sword & Shield :(Provide Stability to the Zeitcoin Market Price)
ZGames          :(Commission or Partner with OnlineRolePlay Game with a working Zeit wallet)
                       (Also fund specific amount of zeit monthly to be used in Zeit Games)
                       (Also we will setup a ZEIT Game Links on the Web Site & in the Forums.)

Goals , Long & Short Range for Consideration
A Directory of Services/Items for sale using Zeitcoins       submitted by BainbridgeJ  
A user rating system in order to report Businesses           submitted by Atronite
ZEIT Friendly Tourist Location Listings

Exchange Zeit for Preloaded Gift Cards                          submitted by kiklo
Site for buying and selling 3D printing blueprints              submitted by Atronite
Merchandise shop stickers, wallpapers, Watermarks         submitted by Mitras
Charity & Crowdfunding Projects                                  submitted by Rent-A-Ray
Picture shop selling commercial pictures for Zeitcoins       submitted by Rent-A-Ray
Help Support a Charity                                               submitted by fxtronic

Wallets: Option to Combine Blocks, Automatically            submitted by Zels
(SplitThreshold: small # blocks not split)
Chatrooms / Exchange Link                                         submitted by Podizzle
Chat button in the qtGUI                                            submitted by Atronite
Commission an Android Wallet for Zeitcoin                      submitted by kiklo

Build, or Transform an Existing City                               submitted by BitcoinNational
Making The Zeitcoin Council A Legal entity                     submitted by BainbridgeJ  

Requirements:
All Members must have 100 million Zeitcoins as a requirement of being part of the Zeit-Knights.
Members with more than 100 million zeit may proxy any extra to someone else to be considered for entry on the Zeit-Knights. (Lion working out the Proxy regulations)

Listed under Completed Goals   Cheesy
Thanks to Efforts of Rent-A-Ray
New Wallets to speed up the Zeit Wallet Load time: submitted by UKI
Wallet Block explorer:  submitted by Podizzle
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:36:21 PM

How much Ziet needed to be a mere esquire or simple page?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:53:52 PM

How much Ziet needed to be a mere esquire or simple page?

So far , we have only thought about the Knights and their role.

Does the zeit community want there to be Zeit esquires or Zeit pages?

If so , Post if you want their to be Zeit esquires or Zeit pages and what you think their zeit requirement should be and what functions they would fill.

If there are a lot of postings on it , we can have the 1st Batch of ZeitKnights vote on it around March 1st, 2015.

Cool
podizzle

Activity: 535

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:16:36 PM

any hopeful zeit knights need a proxy im your guy..... looking at you bitcoinnational
atronite

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:14:41 AM

shadowmoon

However ask www.bitscoinshop.com.br/en/ what size bounty is required to have them take zeitcoins directly. Depending on their answer, if the bounty is too high, it will have to wait until more of the ZeitKnights are Active at the RoundTable. Plus it will give us an baseline idea what some merchants are looking for in Bountys?

Submitted a ticket to ask them , waiting for response.

Cool

In answer to your question:

Good night,
depends very often always I leave to the DEV. provide a value that he would be comfortable to give and how much he would think a service like ours would. Normally the values and when we receive something like 0.06BTC the 0.1BTC in coin values of dev. the special discounts we offer.
I leave from his position as would find this value in zeitcoin.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:30:36 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 10:04:21 PM by kiklo

Good night,
depends very often always I leave to the DEV. provide a value that he would be comfortable to give and how much he would think a service like ours would. Normally the values and when we receive something like 0.06BTC the 0.1BTC in coin values of dev. the special discounts we offer.

That seems like a reasonable amount to me.
First lets see if the community gets Zeitcoin added to coinpayments.net as a supported coin.
That will automatically add US to a lot of online stores including the bitscoinshop.com.br/en/  
without additional bountys for each store.

Thanks for checking that out.
 Cool

EDIT:

11-23-2014 Edit:
There are currently 2 votes for Zeitcoins, if 24 more from the community vote, We will be in 1st Place.
zodiac3011

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 02:29:10 AM

clean TEMP folder... update new wallet.... Rescan... still a no-go @@
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:13:08 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 05:31:33 AM by kiklo

clean TEMP folder... update new wallet.... Rescan... still a no-go @@
-Rescan first, Close Zeitcoin wallet , then clean Temp Folders, then restart zeit wallet

If that does not work.

Which Wallet version are you running?

What is the exact time in minutes that the wallet takes to start?

What are you running on , CPU & Memory ?

Which OS?

Is it running in a Virtual Machine?

Are you running any other wallets before the zeit wallet is loaded?

Cool

FYI:
Running a Quad processor after a rescan and then cleaning temp files with no other programs running , my zeit wallet (ver 2.0.1.3) is open in less than 30 seconds, Now if I have other programs running , my zeit wallet will not open as fast.
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1341
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:34:47 PM

Zeit-Site Update:

Widgets:

Cheers,
Ray
BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 04:52:15 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 05:20:43 AM by BainbridgeJ

Good night,

That seems like a reasonable amount to me.
First lets see if the community gets Zeitcoin added to coinpayments.net as a supported coin.
That will automatically add US to a lot of online stores including the bitscoinshop.com.br/en/  
without additional bountys for each store.

Thanks for checking that out.
 Cool

EDIT:

11-23-2014 Edit:
There are currently 2 votes for Zeitcoins, if 24 more from the community vote, We will be in 1st Place.

I'm Spartacus. Roll Eyes That makes 3 votes and we have now jumped up to joint 6th position. This is an excellent opportunity to raise the profile of Zeitcoin.

If anyone is interested in voting, besides Bitcoin (0.001 BTC) you can use Litecoin (0.10326 LTC) and Dogecoin (1483.411677 Doge). The cost of a vote is equivalent to 23 pence (£0.23), 37 cents (US$0.37), or 0.30 Euros.

For anyone voting, make sure that you confirm your vote by clicking on the authorisation link which will be sent to you via email, otherwise it won't be registered. Allow for any transaction fee in sending a deposit to Coinpayments.
BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 05:34:24 AM

Quote from Kiklo's previous post:

Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1341
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:58:25 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2014, 07:14:37 AM by Rent_a_Ray

Come on, legendary Knights. Family and I did 2 votes. 0.1 LTC for charity.
That's what ZEIT stands for -> Helping others.
I wanna see ZEIT on the first position there - any other coin is not acceptable.

Cheers,
Ray
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:53:21 PM

Come on, legendary Knights. Family and I did 2 votes. 0.1 LTC for charity.
That's what ZEIT stands for -> Helping others.
I wanna see ZEIT on the first position there - any other coin is not acceptable.

Cheers,
Ray

My next cash-in of Blake-256 mining will go to the coinpayments vote (instead of buying more Zeitcoin). This weekend, probably.

I've been UTMA in Bytecent recently, it was a very good call, if I cashed out now I'd get around 3 BTC but I know it's gonna go much, much higher so I'm HODL for now.

My loyalties are still to the Knights.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
tamara163
Legendary

Activity: 1027

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:17:45 PM

what nodes are not synchronized?
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:00:58 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 12:16:00 AM by kiklo

what nodes are not synchronized?

Must be losing something in the translation.

Please provide a lot more detail on what you are asking?

Cool

Edit:
Did you mean you are having troubling syncing your wallet?
If so , download , unzip file, and copy peers.dat in your C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0vkd42840abcfi/Zeitcoin-Peers.zip?dl=0
Pages: « 1 ... 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 [549] 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: