June 16, 2024, 07:37:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009214 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Zeiban

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:14:06 PM

Wow such drama... I'm new to crypto so maybe this is normal. I don't know. Let try something constructive.

Would it be possible to add zeitcoind to the next wallet release? Normally this is of little use to most users but when it come to a PoS coin like this it's very useful. For Mintcoin I leave mintcoin-qt running all the time. Then, I have a batch file that asks for a passphrase and timeout value. It then runs "mintcoind walletpassphrase <passphrase> <timeout> true" for minting. This makes it so my passphrase isn't in the mintcoin-qt command history.

You could also have a scheduled task that periodically unlocks your wallet with out prompting but that increases the chance of someone getting your passphrase if it would actually need to be included in the batch file its self.  So not a very good idea but if you think your PC is really secure then go for it.   

Also devs, I have another suggestion. Please create release tags for your releases at github here https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin/releases. I would just build zeitcoind myself on Linuix (widnows is a pain in the a$$) but I have a policy of never building a coin from a github master. Otherwise I stick to binary releases from devs. Something CR should have known but I digress... Release tags let your users know what they are getting an official release of the coin an not what ever has been pushed to master because it could be anything.... as CR found out. Again I digress.....

Keep it up. I've been mining since launch and plan to keep mining until PoS only.

Thanks!
bwcainmay

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:32:59 PM

Does anyone else see the irony with the petulant comments in this thread and what this coin is supposed to stand for?  Tongue

Silly!

Perhaps you are right but don't get too angry Smiley

Sun will shine.

Regards.

Oh, I'm not angry. I find it all quite amusing.
atronite

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:39:50 PM

Also please realize that TZM has many chapters all over the world and the statement above is from the headquarters. By the time our inquiries had reached main office, we had already launched. However the second TZM told us they would not directly associate with us, we completely disassociated with them directly and instead are just a movement of people who believe in their principles.

Personally I am happier being one of the latter than I would be as one of the former.

(for reasons that are FAR too complex to attempt to go into here!)

In a way, every single person who is in any way involved with cryptos is, whether they like or are even aware of it or not, are also part of the movement to wrest power away from the truly corrupt financial institutions of today.

Gotta be some irony in there somewhere, huh?

Well having watched their movies, I can completely understand their perspective. To them, Zeitcoin is a meaningless thing compared to their desired end state of a "resource based economy", not a means to an end. They hate all money, all economics, all capitalism because they view it as just a bunch of people who would create ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY if that is what would keep them in business.

I mean look at patents or copyright laws. Both are supposed to allow the inventor or artist an incentive to create new content, but in reality it is preventing others from taking their great ideas and producing it themselves or making a superior product. In other words, it creates artificial scarcity in the name of profit, making things needlessly more expensive than it has to be, and what should be a song costing only 5c per download (or far less if the song is downloaded a lot) ends up costing $1-3 per song! And yet for the mere cost of electricity and internet subscription and a few hundred bucks for hard drives (which would be even less once 3d printing allows us to fabricate hard drives in our own home), you can download all the songs in the world if you so desired! And yet these copyright holders would throw you in prison for doing this if they had the means to do so. This is the sort of madness that unfettered capitalism combined with abuse of government power brings. But of course this all assumes that most of the scarcity in our society is actually contrived and false, and that we live in a world of almost unlimited abundance instead of a world of scarcity, if we only had the WILL to make it a reality.

In the resource based economy, zeitcoin has no place.

Unfortunately, the TZM has no coherent strategy or goal to moving us from here to there. They have no concept of strategy. Zeitcoin may be meaningless money, but it has the potential to be a much more SUSTAINABLE form of money by making things like banks and investment trusts obsolete and giving some income potential to the SAVER, not the INVESTOR (gambler). At the same time, Zeitcoin and all PoS coins won't consume ever increasing amounts of energy like bitcoin and litecoin.    

This is what the Zeitcoin movement brings to the table of the TZM: sustainable money until the day that a city or nation or the whole world based on the true resource based economy is eventually realized.
gimmezeit

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Have a ZEIT, have a kitkat.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:40:16 PM

there WAS a commit put on the github

Yeahh ok .. a commit. Do you develop software?
I mean committing is like hitting enter while typing text.
I tried to compile the git-code several times. 3 out of 4 it didnt even compile.
If i were a developer in charge of several thousand $ worth of transactions i would NEVER rely on "there is a commit". Wink

There is a saying "commit and run is a crime" which means you should not "commit untested code before taking hollidays".
However why does that saying exist in the first place? Cheesy
You see there is a reason to be cautious with what an existing commit means.

Another good example is the "brown paper bag release" http://lwn.net/1999/0204/kernel.php3

No I'm not a dev at all. The best I've done is compile stuff from source and occasionally tweaked that source when there was an error that hadn't been resolved but I'd found a post letting me know how to resolve it.

I'm not trying to say CR didn't completely screw up (that was the point I was trying to make at the end of the post), just that CR didn't intionally screw up, they were just crap at their jobs.
People will continue to use them though and justify using them in their own personal way. I stopped using CoinEx because they screwed me and right now, I'm feeling smug (and guilty about feeling smug).

Ah i see. Yeah i totally agree on "non-intentional".

I used CoinEx too and i had the impression that they do their homework "somewhat".
And i know that just doing homework is never enough in security.
This whole coin endeavour is still a risky thing in itself.

Even if it looks like it. >> I'm NOT THE DEV <<
-
This was useful? Glad to be of help! Smiley Share some ZEIT? MduTKn3TKpzU9NoAHTBchzAtscFN8HFjXz
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1337
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:41:12 PM

Well, let's go back to community. We are the community. ZEIT is innovative, interesting and cool. Forget the issues with the exchanges.. You choose a peer2peer currency? Well, then it is time to understand the system. YOU are your own bank. YOU are your own safe. That was the idea behind. If you loose money on external exchanges, it is your fault or problem.
If you want real safeties - please go back to the real market and pay the price...

I spent some funds for the CC victims, i am sorry what has happened there... but what should we do? They did a mistake... Look at Poloniex... They seems honest and try to pay all the stolen money back.

PS: Please take care of your coins. It is your job... not the job of ZEITCOIN.

Best regards,
Ray
atronite

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:46:54 PM

Well, let's go back to community. We are the community. ZEIT is innovative, interesting and cool. Forget the issues with the exchanges.. You choose a peer2peer currency? Well, then it is time to understand the system. YOU are your own bank. YOU are your own safe. That was the idea behind. If you loose money on external exchanges, it is your fault or problem.
If you want real safeties - please go back to the real market and pay the price...

I spent some funds for the CC victims, i am sorry what has happened there... but what should we do? They did a mistake... Look at Poloniex... They seems honest and try to pay all the stolen money back.

PS: Please take care of your coins. It is your job... not the job of ZEITCOIN.

Best regards,
Ray

Exactly. These arguments are the sorts of things that always hold us back as a society and spread fear, doubt and uncertainty. We are seeing the evils of our capitalist society work its poisons in our community even as we speak!! Do we really want the TZM folks that reject Zeitcoin to have the last laugh and be like "i told you so! I told you nothing good would come of this Zeitcoin thing-a-ma-bob!!"Huh??

I dont think so!! Cheesy
gimmezeit

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:50:53 PM

Wow I am sick of him!!! If anyone knows if there is a way to ban someone please inform me. Ignorance is very strong with him. I don't understand how people can't comprehend what happened.

Strikes me too Cheesy

Huh

-
This was useful? Glad to be of help! Smiley Share some ZEIT? MduTKn3TKpzU9NoAHTBchzAtscFN8HFjXz
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:51:03 PM

Network difficulty is down to 6

Good time to try a few hours solo, people Smiley

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Goattrading

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:51:20 PM

Getting some really good prospectives today!
 Grin Keep it up !  Grin

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
TuxNut

I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:53:09 PM

Look at Poloniex... They seems honest and try to pay all the stolen money back.

Yes. Poloniex screwed up too and I took a fair bit of stick in the comments of the CoinDesk article about it when I supported them because he 'appears' to be open, honest and humble about it. I continue to trust and therefore use Poloniex. I will not use CR or CoinEx again.

Similar issues between Mt Gox, Poloniex & CR, 3 exchanges, two different statements from them (CR and Mt Gox put the same statement out "we're sorry, not our fault, devs fault), I only use one of them now.

For me, it's what's at the heart of Open Source and also ties in with TZM/ZCM. Mistakes get made, bad things happen, they always will, it's what we do about it afterwards to address those problems that matters. Honesty and the ability to admit to the mistakes, learn from them and try to ensure they don't happen again.

On the CoinEx front, if anyone cares, I'll be posting my interactions with them and the reason I no longer use them in a few minutes (gave them until 10pm today UTC to resolve the issue). I'll post a link here.

Tired of how corrupt and  the world is? You're not alone
Take 2 hours to learn some stuff
gimmezeit

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:56:37 PM

"deleted the coins from the block chain for no reason" (bigc1984)

This got you into the ignore list. cheers.

-
ZEITCOIN (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 09:58:12 PM

Okay guys, step 1 of our promotional plan is rolling out NOW! As a community, we must stop discussing these unfortunate events in the past. Our team will work with all community members who have suffered a loss in private to resolve this, however publicly we must all come together and move forward.

We have commissioned AltcoinAuthority to host our "Bounty Giveaways" for us since BitcoinTalk is not a great place to keep a record of who has done what. Please DO NOT post your address on BitcoinTalk, this is not allowed.

Community Bounties: Help Spread Awareness!

The bounties include posting on a well-known blog, contacting well-known blogs to have them post, making a YouTube video about Zeitcoin, changing your signature & posting in other BitcoinTalk forums and simply sharing the bounty giveaway. We are open to any suggestions from the community regarding other ways we can create major buzz around this community.

This bounty giveaway will run for the next week and there is no limit to how many times you can enter for each task. We are aiming to DOUBLE the size of this community over the next week and we need your help guys. So much of our time has been put towards this CryptoRush issue and the block explorer that we must harness the resources of this entire community to make a buzz outside of this thread.

There are also bounties open for any type of promotional work or development work such as creating games, designing "info-graphics", messaging merchants or any other type of work. Also please tell others about these bounties to help grow this movement.

We value all of your suggestions so please share!  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
     Jᴏɪɴ Oᴜʀ Mᴏᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ᕗ       www.ZEIT-COIN.ɴᴇᴛ      ᕙ Bᴇ Pᴀʀᴛ Oғ Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ     ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Jeezy911

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:02:57 PM

I still like this coin, people get mad because a coin doesn't jump 500% in 3 weeks. Need to start thinking in terms of years.

atronite

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:07:20 PM

I still like this coin, people get mad because a coin doesn't jump 500% in 3 weeks. Need to start thinking in terms of years.

Well at this stage, people expect results in the stratosphere! We could be trading from 1/2 satoshi to 19/20, which would be way over 500%

No, price appreciation won't happen till after we are 100% POS. 
TuxNut

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:07:57 PM

For those with much time who wanted to know why I don't use CoinEx (there were some)
My interactive experience with CoinEx

It's a long read and I'm sure a fair percentage of people will put much of the blame on me for my tone (which I agree is at least partially valid as stated in the post), my defense is that my tone deteriorated as I got more frustrated with their "support".

MrKalipso

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:16:20 PM

will mintpal delete zeitcoin? like CR?
TuxNut

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:18:16 PM

If they're as dishonest and careless, yes!

They appear to be a really good exchange though from what I've seen, in not very long, so I don't see any reason why they would.

CR only dropped it to sweep their own mistakes under the rug, at least, that's how it appears to many of us here.

MrKalipso

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:20:59 PM

They appear to be a really good exchange though from what I've seen, in not very long, so I don't see any reason why they would.

CR only dropped it to sweep their own mistakes under the rug, at least, that's how it appears to many of us here.
Thank u for answer. zeitcoin fell down again to 0.00000001 that's why i asked.
TuxNut

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:26:12 PM

Thank u for answer. zeitcoin fell down again to 0.00000001 that's why i asked.

They didn't drop it because of the price. I hope that IF all the 1 sat buy orders are eaten up, MintPal will add the coin as a LTC pair as well to us through the cheap phase until we get enough halvings done and enough buzz kicked up to the price to stabilize above 1 sat again.
At least, that's what usually happens to currencies that have this many coins in circulation before the awareness increases sufficiently. MOON had it recently on Cryptsy, was dropped to a LTC trade pair due to zero BTC buy orders.

LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:28:46 PM

For those with much time who wanted to know why I don't use CoinEx (there were some)
My interactive experience with CoinEx

It's a long read and I'm sure a fair percentage of people will put much of the blame on me for my tone (which I agree is at least partially valid as stated in the post), my defense is that my tone deteriorated as I got more frustrated with their "support".

1) I don't think I would have been as civilised about it as you were.

2) I will never put a coin onto Coinex again

3) Aren't we all glad we made such a push to get onto MintPal on Friday now?

4) Love the double facepalm Cheesy

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: