June 14, 2024, 12:29:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009213 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:59:03 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2014, 11:10:48 PM by BainbridgeJ

When you look at the exchanges, the amount of Zeitcoin for sale amounts to only a very miniscule proportion of that being held! Public perception is the key. If interest rates rise as expected, there most likely will be a financial crisis where more quantitative easing will make people look for alternative ways of storing  money. In my opinion, there should be some concerted move to bring Zeitcoin to the fore towards the end of the year when such moves should become more effective.
ZEITCOIN (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 05:35:39 AM

UseCryptos wants to give us a ZEIT/USD market.
I don't know if this is a good idea for now - (it would be a great idea with a living community)

For this market there are some rules:

I wish to know if you are interested in fiat markets for ZeitCoin.
We can offer you markets for USD and EUR, the deposit method is Payeer, and EgoPay will be added soon.
The only requirement is that you inject 100USD (or 100EUR for EUR market) in those markets, and keep a minimum volume of 300(USD or EUR) per week.

ZeitCoin is at a very low trading rate at our service, and may be delisted at some point if those rates do not increase.

We still host the ZeitCoin block explorer and we're able to open BTC market as well if the coin price rise again.

Looking forward to your answer.

I think the minimum volume could be the problem.

Greets,
Ray

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
     Jᴏɪɴ Oᴜʀ Mᴏᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ᕗ       www.ZEIT-COIN.ɴᴇᴛ      ᕙ Bᴇ Pᴀʀᴛ Oғ Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ     ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:33:04 AM

I don't know if this is a good idea for now - (it would be a great idea with a living community)

We can offer you markets for USD and EUR, the deposit method is Payeer, and EgoPay will be added soon.
The only requirement is that you inject 100USD (or 100EUR for EUR market) in those markets, and keep a minimum volume of 300(USD or EUR) per week.

ZeitCoin is at a very low trading rate at our service, and may be delisted at some point if those rates do not increase.

We still host the ZeitCoin block explorer and we're able to open BTC market as well if the coin price rise again.

Greets,
Ray

It's great that we are getting offers like this - shows that we are very much still alive - but yes, it's way too early to push for volume.

I've moved my junk over to LazyCoins, by the time that builds up to 'grade A' exchange status we'll maybe be ready for direct to fiat trading.

As for 'purpose', has that ever changed?

We have no way of knowing what happened back in March at TZM conference but as far as I know NOBODY has even attempted top-level contact with them since. THAT is the 'use case' we were designed for so that is the path that future efforts should concentrate on.

Don't we have any 'professional writers' out there who can put an executive proposal to TZM together?

OK, that is likely to mean 'giving up control' of the coin to them but I for one would be more than happy to do so, for the professional marketing & promotion that would bring. I'd like to think they would retain our technical people, at least for the short term.

Thoughts, gentlemen?

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
rbizz

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:12:38 PM

Greets,
Ray

It's great that we are getting offers like this - shows that we are very much still alive - but yes, it's way too early to push for volume.

I've moved my junk over to LazyCoins, by the time that builds up to 'grade A' exchange status we'll maybe be ready for direct to fiat trading.

As for 'purpose', has that ever changed?

We have no way of knowing what happened back in March at TZM conference but as far as I know NOBODY has even attempted top-level contact with them since. THAT is the 'use case' we were designed for so that is the path that future efforts should concentrate on.

Don't we have any 'professional writers' out there who can put an executive proposal to TZM together?

OK, that is likely to mean 'giving up control' of the coin to them but I for one would be more than happy to do so, for the professional marketing & promotion that would bring. I'd like to think they would retain our technical people, at least for the short term.

Thoughts, gentlemen?

I would support giving up control of this coin to anyone who is willing to do something with it.
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1337
Merit: 1044

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:52:13 PM

You don't understand i am sure  Smiley
Community is waiting for anyone who have good ideas etc.. This coin hasn't any CEO or a Master Dev. Dev has left long time ago.
There is only a domain name (zeit-coin.net is safe in my hands) - the rest is open source, including all GFX etc.
rbizz

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:45:01 PM

You don't understand i am sure  Smiley
Community is waiting for anyone who have good ideas etc.. This coin hasn't any CEO or a Master Dev. Dev has left long time ago.
There is only a domain name (zeit-coin.net is safe in my hands) - the rest is open source, including all GFX etc.

You're probably right that I don't completely understand.  So what you're saying is that we're basically waiting for someone to come and take over?
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:55:39 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 06:10:41 PM by Rent_a_Ray

If someone have the power to do it. Why not? If Community thinks it's better to have a leader, i have no problem.
Do you think it is funny for us seeing this coin dying? Lion, Beejay, Steve, some others and me engaged while it was dying.
It was not our purpose to do this forever. All we did was helping out - with the idea of an active community. But it was a bad idea.
We spent a lot of work and hours for this project. All we've got was a roundhouse kick from all sides.
rbizz

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:48:52 PM

If someone have the power to do it. Why not? If Community thinks it's better to have a leader, i have no problem.
Do you think it is funny for us seeing this coin dying? Lion, Beejay, Steve, some others and me engaged while it was dying.
It was not our purpose to do this forever. All we did was helping out - with the idea of an active community. But it was a bad idea.
We spent a lot of work and hours for this project. All we've got was a roundhouse kick from all sides.

I agree with you.  I personally think it's better to have one leader just to streamline decision making.  I'm not trying to take away from anything you have contributed.  I'm an investor/bagholder that saw a lot of potential in the team here including yourself.  I bought in and have continued to buy in as the price decreased because I know there are people here who have not given up on this coin.  That is something that a lot of coins don't have.  I'm just trying to get a grasp of the current situation, and understand what barriers are preventing progress from being made.
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:15:17 PM

I agree with you.  I personally think it's better to have one leader just to streamline decision making.  I'm not trying to take away from anything you have contributed.  I'm an investor/bagholder that saw a lot of potential in the team here including yourself.  I bought in and have continued to buy in as the price decreased because I know there are people here who have not given up on this coin.  That is something that a lot of coins don't have.  I'm just trying to get a grasp of the current situation, and understand what barriers are preventing progress from being made.

Well, i ask you - what should we do? Do you want to help as a (the) leader? Let's start an experiment and let us see what's going on in the next 3 months.
Zeit is one of the most honest coins out there: No scam, minimum pre mining, very low transaction delays and POS only. Can you sell this advantages to the people? Let us know!!!
We need people with experience. People which are able to enchant possible investors.
rbizz

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:50:39 PM

I agree with you.  I personally think it's better to have one leader just to streamline decision making.  I'm not trying to take away from anything you have contributed.  I'm an investor/bagholder that saw a lot of potential in the team here including yourself.  I bought in and have continued to buy in as the price decreased because I know there are people here who have not given up on this coin.  That is something that a lot of coins don't have.  I'm just trying to get a grasp of the current situation, and understand what barriers are preventing progress from being made.

Well, i ask you - what should we do? Do you want to help as a (the) leader? Let's start an experiment and let us see what's going on in the next 3 months.
Zeit is one of the most honest coins out there: No scam, minimum pre mining, very low transaction delays and POS only. Can you sell this advantages to the people? Let us know!!!
We need people with experience. People which are able to enchant possible investors.

I'm just an investor not a job seeker.  I have no idea what to do, I'm just trying to understand what is being done.
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:55:51 PM

I'm just an investor not a job seeker.  I have no idea what to do, I'm just trying to understand what is being done.

Now you know it !  Tongue
We have no idea, too.
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:22:51 AM

Now you know it !  Tongue
We have no idea, too.

Amen to that, Bro.

We have a solid, honest, fast-transaction coin that's actually far more suitable than Bitcoin for real-world transactions. We have holders who actually care about more than just lining our own pockets.

I don't think we need to do anything urgently.

But I would like to see movement in the direction of re-establishing our PURPOSE.

Being community-driven hasn't worked,

Hence 'leadership' seems to have become a necessity.

As I've said many times before, I'm happy to work for, or with, or in support of, ANY person or group who can take this thing to the 'next level'.

I'm 'not bad wiv wurds' Wink but I do not have the skills or experience in either technical development or digital marketing to do more than be a good foot-soldier.

Like the vast majority of YOU.

That’s Not My Job

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. 

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.  Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.  Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job.  Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it.  It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:41:41 AM

open source means cryptos belong to the (someday to be free) people of the world, not governments, not copyright holders. but corporations are made of ppl , and have equal rights of ownership ...
 i am watching a coin [WAM] in the process of being taken over by a corporation, but it is no joy, as they seem do be doing absolutely nothing except offending the mining community.
 well that's it for todays weather report  Roll Eyes, take care

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
snakegi

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 02:02:17 AM

Hello everyone,
i'm Egidio from useCryptos, and as i said in my talks with rent_a_ray, i'm a supporter of zeitcoin myself.
I do not support the coin because i own some, but the other way arround, i own some because i see potential here.
So i'll just post here what i think that might help:
- Disconnect from the Zeitgeist Movement: despite the coin was innitialy intended to support the movement, the movement didn't really supported the coin and being a "not official coin for something" is not good.
- Zeitcoin's speculation is over so, looking for new exchanges with the same ways of buying coins will not add anything. New ways of buying zeitcoin might help IF the coin has something to call attention.
- Coins need acceptance of merchants and service providers, a coin that no one accept in trade for products and services is no coin at all. We should try to get zeitcoin added in coinpayments for example (usecryptos is also developing a gateway).

snakegi

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 02:11:41 AM

I thought we could came up with a small store or marketplace accepting only zeitcoins.
Since zeitcoin now don't have much value, we should sell simple/cheap information services or products, like designs, websites, ebooks etc.
With the store we should do some marketing and the coin price will probably rise to something useful, opening more possibilities for new merchants and more attention.

What you guys think?

LionOfNarnia

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:13:31 AM

I thought we could came up with a small store or marketplace accepting only zeitcoins.
Since zeitcoin now don't have much value, we should sell simple/cheap information services or products, like designs, websites, ebooks etc.
With the store we should do some marketing and the coin price will probably rise to something useful, opening more possibilities for new merchants and more attention.

What you guys think?

That's what the Russian guys promised.

They got quite some hefty donations from the community to help them do it.

And it didn't happen.

"Once bitten, twice shy"?

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:45:00 AM

- Disconnect from the Zeitgeist Movement: despite the coin was innitialy intended to support the movement, the movement didn't really supported the coin and being a "not official coin for something" is not good.

I have actually been thinking about this a bit lately. If you google "Zeitcoin" one of the results is an "official" statement from some member of TZM stating all kinds of nasty things about the coin and how they don't support it and that we were never and will never be sanctioned by them and blah blah blah. They seem to have some imagination in believing that the world will ever accept a completely resource-based economy. I always thought they were more about an economy that moves away from fiat currency and into something more fairly distributed. Cryptocurrencies seems to me to be the next logical move. But according to that guy, they fully expect the world to let go of all of its greed and move directly from fiat to resource-based. Good luck with that!
I am all for a complete disconnect in any way from them. If it wouldn't be such a pain in the arse to do, I would even suggest we change the coin's name to something different.

rbizz

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:48:12 AM

Agreed.  Rename/Rebrand.  Get rid of the name "Zeit."  Initially it wasn't a bad idea, but it wasn't bought into, so we should go a different direction.
BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:00:18 PM

I have actually been thinking about this a bit lately. If you google "Zeitcoin" one of the results is an "official" statement from some member of TZM stating all kinds of nasty things about the coin and how they don't support it and that we were never and will never be sanctioned by them and blah blah blah. They seem to have some imagination in believing that the world will ever accept a completely resource-based economy. I always thought they were more about an economy that moves away from fiat currency and into something more fairly distributed. Cryptocurrencies seems to me to be the next logical move. But according to that guy, they fully expect the world to let go of all of its greed and move directly from fiat to resource-based. Good luck with that!
I am all for a complete disconnect in any way from them. If it wouldn't be such a pain in the arse to do, I would even suggest we change the coin's name to something different.
Agreed.  Rename/Rebrand.  Get rid of the name "Zeit."  Initially it wasn't a bad idea, but it wasn't bought into, so we should go a different direction.

Best ideas I've heard so far.
Rename. Rebrand. Identify our target market and reach out. Build extra value into the coin e.g. secure checkpoints on every block. Establish an inventory of resources - volunteers and skills. Establish a dedicated development and marketing strategy. Create unique advantages.

This coin is certainly the easiest to use of all the POS coins I have - minting payments are consistent and come through far more quickly. Any suggestions for a new name?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 01:09:02 PM

if u wana leave zeitgeist then still keep coin shortname ZEIT

and call coin ZEIT (without zeitgeist movement)

zeit=time

and there can be lot explaination why this is the coin name
best of all would be the truth

we tryed to convert the zeitgeist movement idea into cryoto world because not supportted by the movement we decided to switch name towards ZEIT only to make clear we not linked to the zeitgeist movement

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Pages: « 1 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: