June 21, 2024, 10:43:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 [501] 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009219 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:14:30 PM

Hmmm ... for me Zeit sounds too much like another word that might have negative associations (Sh***); a word that has been used in this thread before. Semiotics are important!

First, let's establish some firm ground: is a name change feasible? Ray, what do you think?
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1341
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:25:55 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 01:44:18 PM by Rent_a_Ray

This is a lot of damn work.
We need some people for that. I did most of the design shit and website, Client (with beejay). But i have a lot of RL work at the moment.

What we need is:

Webdesigner
C++ Developer (Client)
Guys for the social media
New URL
Good Connections to all big Exchanges etc...
A new name and a new direction
a new coinlogo
(and a lot of things more....)

Zeit is the german word for time. So we could change the direction completely, but "Zeitgeist" is more than suitable for this coin. Zeitgeist is not TZM.
It's efficient, it's green, it's fast. <-- That is Zeitgeist.

just my 2 cents.
BainbridgeJ

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:56:45 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 02:24:09 PM by BainbridgeJ

... "Zeitgeist" is more than suitable for this coin ... just my 2 cents.

If that is the most practical solution, I would agree with you. "Zeitgeistcoin" for my 2 Zeitgeistcoins worth is more preferable than simply "Zeitcoin", even though it is an extra syllable to say. Zeitgeistcoin also emphasises the feel-good factor that comes along with English language associations to the word "zeitgeist" - the vibrant spirit, or mood of the time.

If agreed by all, how easy would it be to universally replace the word "Zeitcoin" with "Zeitgeistcoin" throughout the forums and on the exchanges? Zeitgeistcoin emphasises where the coin is coming from.

Also, another 2 Zeitgeistcoins worth - could individual units be abbreviated simply to "ZGC"? That's just my 4 ZGC altogether!
rbizz

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:09:25 PM

... "Zeitgeist" is more than suitable for this coin ... just my 2 cents.

If that is the most practical solution, I would agree with you. "Zeitgeistcoin" for my 2 Zeitgeistcoins is more preferable than simply "Zeit", even though it is an extra syllable to say. Zeitgeistcoin also emphasises the feel-good factor that comes along with English language associations with the word "zeitgeist" - the vibrant spirit, or mood of the time.

If agreed by all, how easy would it be to universally replace the word "Zeit" with "Zeitcoin" throughout the forums and on the exchanges? Zeitgeistcoin emphasises where the coin is coming from.

Also, another 2 Zeitcoins worth - could "Zeit" to be abbreviated simply to "Zt"? That's just my 4 Zt altogether!

Honestly I don't think a lot of people know what Zeitgeist is and it will deter people from investing.  I think even changing it to Zcoin would be better.  Then we can get rid of all relationship to Zeit, Zeitgeist etc, but maybe we can still use all the old stuff without having to modify anything to much?
BainbridgeJ

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:32:38 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 05:32:23 PM by BainbridgeJ

I tend to agree with a name overhaul, but as Ray has pointed out, there is a lot of work involved. Do we have anyone with the ability, time and inclination to do it, if agreed?
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1341
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:54:38 PM

I personally think, that the name is our smallest problem.

We're having a lot of others.

1. We have no manpower behind the coin - active community is very small. There is no development at the moment. Let us change this.
2. Altcoinmarket is sleeping: there is LTC, DRK, Doge, BC and BTC. Solution as a community: One little trade a day - No need to push the price, we want to show the world that we are active.
3. We need some ideas, a leader and/or a voice of zeit. (maybe a good looking girl with a zeit youtube channel or a blogger and ZEIT supporter  Grin )
4. Sometimes i think, i am the only zeit-miner at Hashco.ws. This is a good scrypt based multipool. Get your ASICs in.
5. (i cannot talk about this point - it's a wonderful idea but i have to check it out first)

The advantages of zeitcoin are plain: Ultrafast Transactions, low energy and easy to use.

Edit: If that all is done, we make usecryptos to our homebase with a ZEIT/USD market. A long way .....
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:07:14 PM

I agree with Ray that the name is not the issue. It is the association with TZM that the original dev was striving for. Once we got essentially blacklisted by TZM we no longer had the "global backing" that I think he was hoping to get. It really is a black eye for our coin to be even assumed to be in association with TZM without an official statement of acceptance (which we will never have from them).

There are some great ideas being kicked around now. We can call this our "replanning phase" of operation.

LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:39:04 PM

Some good stuff coming out - encouraging Grin

Think the hardest part will be deciding what constitutes 'community approval' for any changes, as the active community seems to be about 6 of us these days. Easiest way might be to just put up a list & give a time limit for objections to be discussed, like the 'NY rules for BTC'.

The only 'feature' I've come across that MIGHT be worth incorporating one day is an equivalent to 'VeriBit', which SHOULD have been a game-breaker for VeriCoin already - but they're being whale-humped even worse than we were. (Anyone else think there is a 'silent conspiracy' amongst the old guard to keep ALL promising alts nailed to the floor?)

Don't think Zeit/USD is of much use though - most of us are European or British hence LazyCoins is my bet for a future 'favoured exchange'. I've even got buy orders for Zeit in freakin' DOGE over there! (Thanks to 'playing the game' @ http://usepnd.com/)

I'd be happy to put my name forward for at least one of the social media channels - preferably FaceBook.

After the death of my #1 motherboard, I'm not doing ANY gpu mining anymore (certainly not in summer!), but am hoping to be heavily asic-powered by the start of winter. If that comes together I'll get the price stable on a Zeit/BTC pairing - 2 or maybe 3 satoshi with healthy buy-support - by late spring 2105, on my own.

But I still want to make full use of the year-two minting before I even think about actually SPENDING any of my stash!

-remember we haven't even issued 1/3 of the total coins yet, these are still very early days indeed compared to most. We are the custodians of a sleeping giant which has just as much chance of becoming the silver to the bitcoin gold as any other, and much more than most (TittyCoin? FFS!)

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:01:41 PM

I like the progress so far. I know altcoins are not doing so well these days, but with active community support we'll get there one day. I think we need to stay with the current name and build things upon it. We don't have to depend or relying on TZM's blessing.
BainbridgeJ

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:57:37 PM

So let's stay with the name and develop our own brand of Zeitgeist. I'd like to do some proper volunteering, but won't be active until September-ish. I'm currently building a workshop and repairing a large, old house in the countryside. I can only pay rushed, flying visits here at the moment. However, I do have marketing skills, have ran a medium-sized business and can put business plans together reasonably well.

Maybe we should apply to Max Keiser's Startjoin to fund any viable ideas that we may come up with - an Android wallet for instance.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:56:37 PM

FYI:

Mintpal exchange Zeitcoins Deposits are currently stalled.

Deposits have been pending since yesterday.

Support tickets unanswered.

Cool
snakegi

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 04:50:36 AM

So let's stay with the name and develop our own brand of Zeitgeist. I'd like to do some proper volunteering, but won't be active until September-ish. I'm currently building a workshop and repairing a large, old house in the countryside. I can only pay rushed, flying visits here at the moment. However, I do have marketing skills, have ran a medium-sized business and can put business plans together reasonably well.

Maybe we should apply to Max Keiser's Startjoin to fund any viable ideas that we may come up with - an Android wallet for instance.

I also think the name is fine, but the brand is not.
For non german spearkers ZeitCoin sounds cool i think.

BainbridgeJ

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:16:02 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 01:06:38 PM by BainbridgeJ

I also think the name is fine, but the brand is not. (my emphasis - Bainbridgej)

Your thoughts, or anyone's thoughts on why the brand is not fine, and how we can improve it.

Positioning is fundamental to a brand. Ideally, people should think of Zeitcoin as one of the top three when it comes to crypto-currencies (Reiss and Trout). Although we are far from that, currently Zeitcoin does stick in the mind for some relatively, minor reasons: it is at the end of the alphabet on any list; it is, by far, one of the least expensive; and it has more pages and contributions on Bitcointalk than many other coins - even those that are well established.

More importantly, Zeitcoin is one of a few cryptos that are fully POS. It out-performs the other POS coins that I hold in terms of delivering Proof of Stake interest. The Zeitcoin wallet is stable, reliable and easy to install. It has advanced coin control. Zeitcoin is also fast!

While the prices of most of the other established altcoins have been falling dramatically, Zeitcoin's price has held to around the 20 Litoshi figure. I believe that, while the alt-coins are in a state of Limbo, we should build added value into Zeitcoin to make it that little more unique and customer-focused. Commissioning a coder to produce an Android wallet could be one way to take us another step closer to joining the crypto-currency premier league.

We should also be thinking of who our most likely, potential, fellow Zeitcoinistas are - where we can find them - and how we can reach them to spread the good word about Zeitcoin. In my opinion, Zeitcoin is the hidden gem in the crypto-currency world. Over to you.
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:04:14 PM

I also think the name is fine, but the brand is not. (my emphasis - Bainbridgej)

Your thoughts, or anyone's thoughts on why the brand is not fine, and how we can improve it.

Positioning is fundamental to a brand. Ideally, people should think of Zeitcoin as one of the top three when it comes to crypto-currencies (Reiss and Trout). Although we are far from that, currently Zeitcoin does stick in the mind for some relatively, minor reasons: it is at the end of the alphabet on any list; it is, by far, one of the least expensive; and it has more pages and contributions on Bitcointalk than many other coins - even those that are well established.

More importantly, Zeitcoin is one of a few cryptos that are fully POS. It out-performs the other POS coins that I hold in terms of delivering Proof of Stake interest. The Zeitcoin wallet is stable, reliable and easy to install. It has advanced coin control. Zeitcoin is also fast!

While the prices of most of the other established altcoins have been falling dramatically, Zeitcoin's price has held to around the 20 Litoshi figure. I believe that, while the alt-coins are in a state of Limbo, we should build added value into Zeitcoin to make it that little more unique and customer-focused. Commissioning a coder to produce an Android wallet could be one way to take us another step closer to joining the crypto-currency premier league.

We should also be thinking of who our most likely, potential, fellow Zeitcoinistas are - where we can find them - and how we can reach them to spread the good word about Zeitcoin. In my opinion, Zeitcoin is the hidden gem in the crypto-currency world. Over to you.

Absolutely agree with everything you said.

All that I'd add is, if we do get an android wallet, we also need some way of using it - which means a clone of something like VeriBit (allows anything billed in BTC to be paid in VRC)

I'm actually thinking we are better off, long term, by being 'beneath the radar' right now - coins like RZR, VRC, IOC etc, which do have big-budget teams behind them, are still being whale-humped to death right now. By just 'hiding on the bottom' we may get the time & space to re-group, find leadership, raise some funds & ADAPT TO WHAT PROVES TO WORK from other coins this year (rather than try to compete with all the wild 'innovations' that are being tried in order to 'break through'.)

But here's the crux - To me, it makes perfect economic sense to 'give away' a portion of my bag if that is going to help increase the value of the coin by more than I 'spent'. But if no-body else can see that, or worse do see it but just want to leave it up to everyone else to dig deep, then HOW do we raise the dosh for developments?

I know that after a)the russian rip-off & b) the multi-pool abortion (to name but two) there is precious little left in the pot.

So, who is willing to pledge material i.e. financial support (not now, when we have a new team) for the good of the coin, and the benefit of your own holdings?

Time to stand up & be counted.

I'd like to start the bidding at 10%.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:01:11 PM

ZIET is a powerful brand, and has a ready made community that will get it.

a dev would be nice but this wallet is already very good. 

"The Zeitcoin wallet is stable, reliable and easy to install. It has advanced coin control. Zeitcoin is also fast!"

let's sell that, because it is true.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:00:35 PM

a problem is i can hire someone to make a 100% zeitcoin clone for .5btc
BainbridgeJ

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:39:23 PM

Good point, but all open source coins are prone to being cloned. Maybe we should build some unique, hidden 'junk DNA' into Zeitcoin that doesn't affect function. That could be copyrighted to protect the coin to a certain extent. Quark have done this. But could you hire/clone committed community members of the same calibre as we have at Zeitcoin - yourself included?  Smiley
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:07:38 PM

Good point, but all open source coins are prone to being cloned. Maybe we should build some unique, hidden 'junk DNA' into Zeitcoin that doesn't affect function. That could be copyrighted to protect the coin to a certain extent. Quark have done this. But could you hire/clone committed community members of the same calibre as we have at Zeitcoin - yourself included?  Smiley

Don't think any one of us could be bought for .5BTC

Loyalty is priceless!

BainbridgeJ

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:23:28 PM

So, who is willing to pledge material i.e. financial support (not now, when we have a new team) for the good of the coin, and the benefit of your own holdings? ... I know that after a)the russian rip-off & b) the multi-pool abortion (to name but two) there is precious little left in the pot ... I'm actually thinking we are better off, long term, by being 'beneath the radar' right now - coins like RZR, VRC, IOC etc, which do have big-budget teams behind them, are still being whale-humped to death right now ...

I'd be willing to contribute along with others to any worthwhile project, just as Solarian did way back with his wallet initiative. Of course consultation with Ray would be key to make sure that we are not treading on his toes. I was surprised though to hear that the 'Russians' were funded. I thought that their idea was far too premature. Regarding being humped by whales: from trading patterns on the exchanges, I believe that we have one in our midst already; one who holds a massive amount from almost day 1, which is churning out so much POS interest that he can afford to sell off quite cheaply on a regular basis. Marketing starts at home with our own troops. Convincing them is half the battle.
rbizz

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:50:53 PM

So, who is willing to pledge material i.e. financial support (not now, when we have a new team) for the good of the coin, and the benefit of your own holdings? ... I know that after a)the russian rip-off & b) the multi-pool abortion (to name but two) there is precious little left in the pot ... I'm actually thinking we are better off, long term, by being 'beneath the radar' right now - coins like RZR, VRC, IOC etc, which do have big-budget teams behind them, are still being whale-humped to death right now ...

I'd be willing to contribute along with others to any worthwhile project, just as Solarian did way back with his wallet initiative. Of course consultation with Ray would be key to make sure that we are not treading on his toes. I was surprised though to hear that the 'Russians' were funded. I thought that their idea was far too premature. Regarding being humped by whales: from trading patterns on the exchanges, I believe that we have one in our midst already; one who holds a massive amount from almost day 1, which is churning out so much POS interest that he can afford to sell off quite cheaply on a regular basis. Marketing starts at home with our own troops. Convincing them is half the battle.

Solarian is/was sitting on billions of coins.  He's definitely someone to get on board if he's not the one dumping.  I was hoping he had some sort of plan for this coin considering he had so much invested, but he disappeared recently.
Pages: « 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 [501] 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: