June 25, 2024, 12:27:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009219 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:18:53 AM

whats happening fellow zeits?

Im having issue with the new wallet.

I had no problems with the old wallet but new wallet will not connect at all/no sync.

MP announced delist, I bought more, upgraded wallet now nada.

have the nodes changed? Either way it would be nice if the OP contained mention of the conf file.

HI ,

I had this problem, if you have it on a laptop stop by a free wifi or friend's house with a different ISP and run it there , if it finds a few connections after ~15 Minutes you are good to go.

IF not have a friend install it on their PC , (They should be on a different ISP than your Home) , once it finds a few connections, Then go under the Directory c:\Users\*loginname*\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin\
and copy the peers.dat file to a USB drive and then copy it to your home PC under your c:\Users\*loginname*\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin\ , this worked for me, none showed up on my ISP, but a bunch showed up on my friend's Time Warner ISP. But with the updated peers.dat it works fine on mine now.
Good Luck.
 Cool

P.S. only copy the Peers.dat nothing else.

BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:32:20 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 06:15:00 PM by BainbridgeJ

whats happening fellow zeits?

Im having issue with the new wallet.

I had no problems with the old wallet but new wallet will not connect at all/no sync.

MP announced delist, I bought more, upgraded wallet now nada.

have the nodes changed? Either way it would be nice if the OP contained mention of the conf file.

HI ,

I had this problem, if you have it on a laptop stop by a free wifi or friend's house with a different ISP and run it there , if it finds a few connections after ~15 Minutes you are good to go.

IF not have a friend install it on their PC , (They should be on a different ISP than your Home) , once it finds a few connections, Then go under the Directory c:\Users\*loginname*\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin\
and copy the peers.dat file to a USB drive and then copy it to your home PC under your c:\Users\*loginname*\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin\ , this worked for me, none showed up on my ISP, but a bunch showed up on my friend's Time Warner ISP. But with the updated peers.dat it works fine on mine now.
Good Luck.
 Cool

P.S. only copy the Peers.dat nothing else.

It's interesting that some Internet Service Providers seem to perform differently when it comes to installing altcoin wallets. Also, some ISPs do switch off the connection and reset according to their 'fair-useage' 'Unlimited' packages - it could be that you might have exceeded yours.

As most readers of this thread will know, I'm sold on Zeitcoin. I've never had a problem with the old, or the new wallets. Of all the crypto-coin wallets I have, I've found Zeitcoin the easiest to install. The Zeitcoin wallet is one of its strengths.

For more info on Zeitcoin wallet trouble-shooting try:
https://forum.zeit-coin.net/viewforum.php?f=28&sid=241a5395f342c425543b7220a617ce32 and
http://www.reddit.com/r/ZEITCOIN/comments/22yudw/whats_wrong_with_my_zeitcoin_wallet/

In general, malware, anti-virus and firewall programs are not particularly well-disposed towards altcoin wallets. The same goes for other programs going on in the background.  Try installing/syncing with those switched off. Try Piriform's CCleaner to get rid of resource hungry cookies etc. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Different computers handle altcoin software differently. For instance, I've never been able to open the Maxcoin wallet on my Windows 7, i-5, 64 bit machine. With Zeitcoin, I have had no problems and my two wallets sync up nicely - as they both did earlier today.

Kiklo's suggestion of trying a different ISP seems to me to be a piece of good advice based on valuable experience. I should imagine that is the solution to your problem - i.e. the problem is likely to be with your ISP.
BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:31:32 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 10:27:41 PM by BainbridgeJ

http://www.coindesk.com/need-altcoins-can-get/

However, it’s easy for developers to get burned out, or to go rogue. In the past, there have been cases where a single developer for an alt has absconded, leaving the community floundering and angry at having put in so much work building the ecosystem for the coin.

Wonder who that might be?

The Third Man - Harry Lime?  Wink
nut0.1

Activity: 137

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:30:01 AM

David Geoffrey Lucas I've heard talk of 'Zeitcoin'. If the half million members of TZM universally adopted this system, and built a logistical infrastructure through which they could exchange goods and services, then we'd be well on our way...

‘There are none so blind as those who will not see
Vandalay23

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:09:59 AM

Can anyone please update the OP for the list of exchanges?
Vandalay23

Activity: 341

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:18:55 AM

David Geoffrey Lucas I've heard talk of 'Zeitcoin'. If the half million members of TZM universally adopted this system, and built a logistical infrastructure through which they could exchange goods and services, then we'd be well on our way...

I must admit that the progress of this coin is very disappointing.
I, Personally, decided to invest from the beginning because of the idea of TZM adopting a cryptocurrency.
I've been a victim to the cryptorush scam and even though decided to invest again.
Even when the price was pumped to 17 sat I didn't sell because of the belief that there is a dev team and strong community that will pursue the initial goal of the coin.

There are many PoS coins out there, some of them showing much more effort to succeed.
Market volume represents the interest of the crypto community in a specific coin, and it seems that zeitcoin is not anymore...

Long and short of this, I agree with nut0.1.
Zeitcoin must be adopted by the Zeitgeist movement in order to have any value.

LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:26:15 PM

OK, so how about this then...

An 'organised' campaign, by 'us', to flood the TZM twatter, FB, etc accounts with messages saying something like...

"Why aren't you talking to #ZeitCoin? It was created for you, yet you ignore it. Have you lost your direction & purpose?"

Twatter:-      @tzmglobal
FaceBook:-   https://www.facebook.com/tzmglobal
YouTube:-     https://www.youtube.com/user/TZMOfficialChannel

Surely if we create enough 'noise', they'll at least be forced into talking about us?

We are 6 months old in just over 2 weeks - that would seem like a fitting date to REALLY start hitting them!

So, whatcha say fellow Zeitista?

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Mitras

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:57:08 AM

Hello,

I´m a Zeitcoin Fan since the very first hour, but I think if nothing is changing it will disappear like many other Coins.
The main problem imo is that no one wants to trade it because of the damn POS. What have we made 25% per Year of POS and -400% caused in holding and sitting on it like an old chick on the eggs.
I think its 5 to 12 to change something, open your wallets, try to make a market that the Coin has a sense. 

Just my 5 Cents.

Zels

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:34:28 PM

Hello,

I´m a Zeitcoin Fan since the very first hour, but I think if nothing is changing it will disappear like many other Coins.
The main problem imo is that no one wants to trade it because of the damn POS. What have we made 25% per Year of POS and -400% caused in holding and sitting on it like an old chick on the eggs.
I think its 5 to 12 to change something, open your wallets, try to make a market that the Coin has a sense. 

Just my 5 Cents.

Hobonickel is a POW/POS coin, and with 100% Stake year. 4x more than Zeit and trading volume/price is way better than zeit.

This coin perhaps need to restart the POW even with a low reward, trade will restart Smiley
fengzi52188888

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:12:59 PM

Is Dead!!!!!!!!!
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:09:04 PM

BUMP

Bit of a let-down that 2 days after I posted this, the only new posts are from newb whiners & a pure FUD-peddler.

If you're not prepared to do ANYTHING to help the coin & community, how the FUCK can you expect to make a profit from it?

I used to think we were different because we cared collectively about something more important than getting rich quick.

I'm starting to think that maybe humanity will be better off sticking with the 'wolves of wall street' - at least we know for certain that they're cheating lying psychopathic scumbags who'll sell thier mums into sex-work to fund their addiction.

PROVE ME WRONG.

An 'organised' campaign, by 'us', to flood the TZM twatter, FB, etc accounts with messages saying something like...

"Why aren't you talking to #ZeitCoin? It was created for you, yet you ignore it. Have you lost your direction & purpose?"

Surely if we create enough 'noise', they'll at least be forced into talking about us?

We are 6 months old in just over 2 weeks - that would seem like a fitting date to REALLY start hitting them!

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
jommy99

Activity: 575

PND DevTeam

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 08:02:25 PM

Can anyone please update the OP for the list of exchanges?

I can't do that, but fyi my personal list currently has only these below listed sites as working exchanges, some others are having technical trouble or no longer list ZEIT at the moment.
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/176
https://www.allcrypt.com/market?id=507
https://usecryptos.com/market/ZEIT-LTC
https://lazycoins.com/

I have to put another plug in for http://usepnd.com/  supporting Zeitcoin at least experimentaly including insta-buy and insta-exchange Growing Store /Shop, Fun Games that pay you to play , Lotteries etc.

Buy ZEIT with USD PayPal, Credit Card or Coinpayments.net to use another crypto!  http://usepnd.com/?page_id=425
InstaBuy ZEIT into your usePND.com account (rate  0.00000100 USD per ZEIT)  just email or contact us for any outside withdrawal requests for now
If you have an account and haven't claimed your Zeit coupon / tipcode ZEIT10000  the first twenty available bonuses of 10000 ZEIT have not been claimed yet so claim them on the top of the same page.

♝ Pandacoin    ♝ Earn Pandacoin ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Seeking Dev Team Help ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Android Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
rbizz

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:21:51 PM

BUMP

Bit of a let-down that 2 days after I posted this, the only new posts are from newb whiners & a pure FUD-peddler.

If you're not prepared to do ANYTHING to help the coin & community, how the FUCK can you expect to make a profit from it?

I used to think we were different because we cared collectively about something more important than getting rich quick.

I'm starting to think that maybe humanity will be better off sticking with the 'wolves of wall street' - at least we know for certain that they're cheating lying psychopathic scumbags who'll sell thier mums into sex-work to fund their addiction.

PROVE ME WRONG.

An organized spam campaign is not something I'm interested in.  Like most people, I didn't invest because I want a job working for free for Zeitcoin.
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:49:48 AM

i agree start the POW again. just like the beginning.
Mitras

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:56:30 AM

I am new - thats right, but as I wrote, I follow Zeitcoin since the first hours.
I don´t want to get rich, I just want to stop the price falling.
It is not possible to do something good to other with a coin which has no value.

I buy Zeitcoin! I´m using a Multipool to mine Zeitcoin! But I am just one person.
But I don´t have other wallets to keep the price in a mid range. We all have to do something and thats what I am missing.
I stood a long time in backgroung without saying something but now I will try to reach somebody who will help to help the Coin.
gorilo23

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:56:14 AM

I am new - thats right, but as I wrote, I follow Zeitcoin since the first hours.
I don´t want to get rich, I just want to stop the price falling.
It is not possible to do something good to other with a coin which has no value.

I buy Zeitcoin! I´m using a Multipool to mine Zeitcoin! But I am just one person.
But I don´t have other wallets to keep the price in a mid range. We all have to do something and thats what I am missing.
I stood a long time in backgroung without saying something but now I will try to reach somebody who will help to help the Coin.

We are a lot of ppl that would love to help where possible.
This coin must get the respect it deserves.
It should be welcomed by TZM and should have a btc-zeit market.
Rocou
Legendary

Activity: 3199
Merit: 1181

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:43:07 AM

Mac wallet does not sync any more. Is there a trick to unlock it?
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:45:54 PM

ZEITCOIN is a Full POS coin , No ASIC (POW) needed
It would be a step backwards to make it a hybrid and reintroduce the asic arms race back to the coin.
Plus reintroducing Asics would open a security hole in a nearly perfect coin.
Personally I don't want to have to buy a new asic every few months and never make my investment back.
The Coin has been working fine without constant needs for updates like some others which shows it underlying strength.

If you look at the other coins MintPal was their undoing , because of all of the dumpers on Mintpal.
Now that the coin is off of Mintpal , Zeitcoin will have a chance to become stable and grow in price.
It will not happen overnight , or even this month , but it will happen over the coming months as more people realize how futile asic mining is in the long run (Just as most have quit Bitcoin mining) and realize that POS is the only way to earn a profit with coins. 

Look at all of the Coins talking about going POS like Noblecoin, it is the final solution to the ASICs arms race.
Now is the best time to load up on zeitcoins at Cryptsy.
Before everyone else see that POS is the final solution and raise the price higher than most can afford.
Have Patience and your Rewards will come.
 Cool

LionOfNarnia

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:50:03 PM

ZEITCOIN is a Full POS coin , No ASIC (POW) needed
It would be a step backwards to make it a hybrid and reintroduce the asic arms race back to the coin.
Plus reintroducing Asics would open a security hole in a nearly perfect coin.
Personally I don't want to have to buy a new asic every few months and never make my investment back.
The Coin has been working fine without constant needs for updates like some others which shows it underlying strength.

If you look at the other coins MintPal was their undoing , because of all of the dumpers on Mintpal.
Now that the coin is off of Mintpal , Zeitcoin will have a chance to become stable and grow in price.
It will not happen overnight , or even this month , but it will happen over the coming months as more people realize how futile asic mining is in the long run (Just as most have quit Bitcoin mining) and realize that POS is the only way to earn a profit with coins. 

Look at all of the Coins talking about going POS like Noblecoin, it is the final solution to the ASICs arms race.
Now is the best time to load up on zeitcoins at Cryptsy.
Before everyone else see that POS is the final solution and raise the price higher than most can afford.
Have Patience and your Rewards will come.
 Cool

That's pretty much how I feel about the coin too.

..and (somewhat reluctantly) think that TZM should still be the 'primary target' of our short-to-mid term plans.

I'm getting started twating at them as above.

Anyone else who wants to actually DO SOMETHING (no matter how futile) to try to regain our purpose is welcome to join me.

joelpina

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:19:20 PM

New market developing: https://lazycoins.com/trade#zeit-doge
Pages: « 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: