Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:44:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:43:04 AM

does anyone know the exact block number for the reward drop?

Block 7855
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:46:03 AM

Finally I found you!

I am the largest mining operation in Nigeria. I sit as Prince of the operation here in Nigeria. I have large stockpiles of OctoCoin being mined now but the coins are frozen and cannot be transferred out in my name. In exchange for your help I will offer you 10,000,000 OctcoCoins. All I need you to do is send me 5000 OctoCoin to me to verify that this OctoCoin address is not mine. Once done, it will unfreeze the wallet and I can send all 10 million coins to your account.

P.S. This is not real Smiley

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You know what, it won't be long before we start seeing real stuff like this, lol

brb helping a barrister transfer some btc

edric

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:50:07 AM

hmmm so that put's them a little over .8%. considering they gave about 25% of their .8% premine, i'm fine with that. there were issues with all three pools at the start but it didn't last very long. I was mining from the get go but it took a few hours to get all the coins that i mined the first hour.

That first hour was horrid.. It was like our hashes were hitting a brick wall.. Getting raped by DDoS and scrambling miners, mining like mad and not hitting blocks, then the switch flips and blam, we're mining. Stressful for a pool op with stuff spread out over a few machines.

Edit: and it took nearly 2 days to manually pay out all the transactions that went into the abyss. I've devised my own system to do it automatically now Smiley

frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 04:13:33 AM

ummm how so? .008 (which is .8%) multiplied by 88,888,888 coins is 711,111.104 which is what the first block shows.

first block -yes

but dev start mine immediately after launch and get almost 1000 first blocks, even more than 1000

Interesting you should bring this up. First of all, you just linked to the FusionHash Pool address - the majority of hash power has been pointed at their pool and about 2/3 of all blocks have been found at that particular pool. Shortly before launch, we decided not to premine the first block and instead pointed our miners at all 4 launch pools - the same pools everybody else had access to. The launch pools were all given the source code before launch and instructed to fire up the stratum servers at 18:08:00 UTC; everybody was free to mine at 18:08:00 UTC. If you didn't notice, the first block wasn't found until 2014-03-08 18:08:39, which is 39 seconds after launch. Many people other than the dev team received shares of the "premine" although we did have more hash power than most (and were among the first shares submitted) so we received the majority of it. We have mined across 4 different pools from launch and have never solo-mined OctoCoin.

To summarize, there technically wasn't even a premine on OctoCoin - there was a brief instamine...but the instamine was by everybody that was there for launch - we had no advantages over any other early miners. Also, there were hundreds of people mining OctoCoin seconds after launch and, at block 1000 an hour in, the difficulty was at 2.5 and there were thousands of people mining OctoCoin - this is a higher difficulty than a lot of coins that have been out for months. It increased rapidly from there crossing over a difficulty of 15 by block 1200. I would disagree that could be considered an instamine.

Amateur detectives always come out of the woodwork when a new coin is launched but, unfortunately, most do not understand how to decipher a blockchain. With all of the scams out there, it's easy to understand why people approach everything with suspicion. There is no conspiracy here and an easy way to clear up any confusion is to look at the timestamps.

Word. You'll always have the suspicion which is fine but if people notice, compared to other coins, the forums for this coin really has had minimal "scam!" posts and such. When it's an honest launch there's nothing to hang over the devs heads.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 04:30:37 AM

hmmm so that put's them a little over .8%. considering they gave about 25% of their .8% premine, i'm fine with that. there were issues with all three pools at the start but it didn't last very long. I was mining from the get go but it took a few hours to get all the coins that i mined the first hour.

That first hour was horrid.. It was like our hashes were hitting a brick wall.. Getting raped by DDoS and scrambling miners, mining like mad and not hitting blocks, then the switch flips and blam, we're mining. Stressful for a pool op with stuff spread out over a few machines.

Edit: and it took nearly 2 days to manually pay out all the transactions that went into the abyss. I've devised my own system to do it automatically now Smiley

Yeah seems like most of the pools had some hiccups but man overall it's been great since, mining wise.

MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:55:48 AM

Vote to have OctoCoin added to CryptoRush here:

https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote

You can vote for free up to 16 times/hour if you have made enough trades there. Currently, there are just under 2000 votes in about 16th place. If 10 people max out their daily votes for 3 days it would put 888 in 1st place.

MintPal would be even better due to higher volume and fewer coins. We need people using the exchange for reasons other than just unloading what they mine if we want the prices to rise in the near future. Vote to have 888 added to MintPal here:

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

You can vote for free up to 5 times/hour.

There are desperate junkcoins at the top itching to dump that are paying thousands of dollars in BTC to be added but they will be bumped off the list soon and if people are voting as often as possible throughout the day we can get there without having to pay for votes. There aren't very many new coins coming out with a future so competition will only grow thinner. We need to be added to these exchanges to begin establishing a value. Does anybody know how to get added to the voting list at Cryptsy? 888 is going to be huge but it's never too early to start working on these things that the devs cannot do alone.
edric

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:09:17 AM

Yeah seems like most of the pools had some hiccups but man overall it's been great since, mining wise.

Oh yes, pretty smooth indeed. I'm hoping things stay stable after the 8 day rewards go down and there's no big dump-off or scandals! I've got a lot of time and energy invested into this coin and the pool, so I'm really crossing my fingers hoping it pays off!

edric

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:32:33 AM

It's come to my attention that octostratum2.tk (Singapore) may not be performing up to par for some people. I'm not sure if this is an issue for everyone or not, or maybe just a routing problem or latency issue for people residing in Africa. If you notice you're not getting enough shares, excessive stales, timeouts, or any other problems, please report it to me and switch to octostratum1.tk. I'll have a look tomorrow and see if we're having any latency issues.

Thanks for mining with my pool! Smiley

Sanasol

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:59:42 AM

ummm how so? .008 (which is .8%) multiplied by 88,888,888 coins is 711,111.104 which is what the first block shows.

first block -yes

but dev start mine immediately after launch and get almost 1000 first blocks, even more than 1000

Interesting you should bring this up. First of all, you just linked to the FusionHash Pool address - the majority of hash power has been pointed at their pool and about 2/3 of all blocks have been found at that particular pool. Shortly before launch, we decided not to premine the first block and instead pointed our miners at all 4 launch pools - the same pools everybody else had access to. The launch pools were all given the source code before launch and instructed to fire up the stratum servers at 18:08:00 UTC; everybody was free to mine at 18:08:00 UTC. If you didn't notice, the first block wasn't found until 2014-03-08 18:08:39, which is 39 seconds after launch. Many people other than the dev team received shares of the "premine" although we did have more hash power than most (and were among the first shares submitted) so we received the majority of it. We have mined across 4 different pools from launch and have never solo-mined OctoCoin.

To summarize, there technically wasn't even a premine on OctoCoin - there was a brief instamine...but the instamine was by everybody that was there for launch - we had no advantages over any other early miners. Also, there were hundreds of people mining OctoCoin seconds after launch and, at block 1000 an hour in, the difficulty was at 2.5 and there were thousands of people mining OctoCoin - this is a higher difficulty than a lot of coins that have been out for months. It increased rapidly from there crossing over a difficulty of 15 by block 1200. I would disagree that could be considered an instamine.

Amateur detectives always come out of the woodwork when a new coin is launched but, unfortunately, most do not understand how to decipher a blockchain. With all of the scams out there, it's easy to understand why people approach everything with suspicion. There is no conspiracy here and an easy way to clear up any confusion is to look at the timestamps.
okay  Wink
Last1212

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:16:57 AM

WTS nothing for 1 BTC. Send me 1 BTC and I will send you nothing! Only today!!!

Some donate will be good))))))
LTC: LLEhzonntRjo4pLqaw93ZQzw8Qdx3HQ2k7        DOGE: DCty26Yk5kbG2NfoknoyY3UajPzsmbhXP9
WDC: WYJW8RYrc3C8K7duaAWqs8YayMLLNEkWBC        CAT: 9nJcehD9dkcsrrVmJxnLJRFc61158nTvvP
cornfed82

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:34:08 AM

Don't forget to vote on Mintpal and CryptoRush!
SuperSta

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:14:26 AM

http://octo.lifeforce.info

System: Prop Stratum VarDiff
Pay Interval: Every 5 Minutes (for confirmed blocks)
Fee: 0%
Current Pool Hashrate: ~125MH
Current Pool Workers: 65

swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:48:39 PM

Don't forget to vote on Mintpal and CryptoRush!

Sitting in 17th place of right now on CryptoRush with 2250 votes!  Active traders can vote up to 16 times per hour!  Getting it added here would be a huge boost!

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
chiznitz

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 03:42:54 PM

hello all,

I would like to announce the release of OctoCoin on CryptoALTeX, LLC, www.cryptoaltex.com   Many of you may have already used our services for other coins, we opened three weeks ago with BlackCoin and received over 130BTC volume within the first 48 hours along with 1200 user registrations.  We have made even more system improvements since then and hope you place on your list of trusted exchanges.

We are registered as an LLC in the state of Colorado, USA and as we begin to raise capital will be moving towards requiring the necessary government paperwork to become registered money services business which at this time, according to lawyers is not required for virtual/virtual pairing but could be required any day here in the USA.

We will continue to add trading pairs and hope to have a nice update released today that will bring a chatbox to our site.  There is also a much more detailed "About" page that details are security posture among other things.

If you have any questions please feel to contact me via irc.freenode.net #cryptoaltex or submit a ticet @ https://cryptoaltex.freshdesk.com

Happy Trading!!

Chiznitz

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
LuxCapacitor

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:45:43 PM

hello all,

I would like to announce the release of OctoCoin on CryptoALTeX, LLC, www.cryptoaltex.com   Many of you may have already used our services for other coins, we opened three weeks ago with BlackCoin and received over 130BTC volume within the first 48 hours along with 1200 user registrations.  We have made even more system improvements since then and hope you place on your list of trusted exchanges.

We are registered as an LLC in the state of Colorado, USA and as we begin to raise capital will be moving towards requiring the necessary government paperwork to become registered money services business which at this time, according to lawyers is not required for virtual/virtual pairing but could be required any day here in the USA.

We will continue to add trading pairs and hope to have a nice update released today that will bring a chatbox to our site.  There is also a much more detailed "About" page that details are security posture among other things.

If you have any questions please feel to contact me via irc.freenode.net #cryptoaltex or submit a ticet @ https://cryptoaltex.freshdesk.com

Happy Trading!!

Chiznitz

This is great news!!  Thanks for the support!!!11
trdiablo

Activity: 540

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:59:36 PM

I will give your exchange a try, seems to run smooth and fast.
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 04:06:39 PM

Oh yes, pretty smooth indeed. I'm hoping things stay stable after the 8 day rewards go down and there's no big dump-off or scandals! I've got a lot of time and energy invested into this coin and the pool, so I'm really crossing my fingers hoping it pays off!

I guess that is the one good thing about 888 not being on a larger exchanges... good luck trying to dump right now if you wanted to. The volume just isn't there on the beta exchanges. And the prices are super low compared to the penny it was at. I think the current 24 hours high is .00000795. I have no idea what the price is on coins2themoon.

zeetak

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:08:34 PM

I will give your exchange a try, seems to run smooth and fast.
yeah, i've used it before and it's a great exchange. Looks like there are already a bunch of orders pouring in.
Drogean

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

"The future of advertisement intelligence"

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:16:35 PM

everyone needs to move their coins to www.cryptoaltex.com - site is stable, fast, and actually works

▄█▀▀▀▀▀ ● ◯ SaTT - The Revolution of Advertising Transactions ◯ ● ▀▀▀▀▀█▄
●███    Website | Ann Thread | Whitepaper | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram    ███●
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   PRE-SALE COMPLETED IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Winky

Activity: 506

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:17:01 PM

How long till block reducing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: