Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:22:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
chiznitz

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 04:46:04 PM

Hey all,

So far there have been at least two users that sent funds on to the network and they aren't getting confirmations, one of the users was able to get confirmations but it took quite a long time.  Has anyone else had issues sending 888 coins?  is the network fee not calculating properly?

I have one ticket on the exchange and one person in IRC that has the issue, rest assured this isn't an exchange, it's a network issue, would be nice to know if this is normal behavior for 888 or what is actually taking place so I can inform our users

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
homey108

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:14:21 PM

Why does the everyone and especially the DEV ignore the elephant in the room?  FusionHash has almost never been under 50% of the total hash. Usually they are in the 80+ range and often well above 90% of the total hash.

I think it's time for the DEV to disclose any relationship with fusionhash. I for one was surprised to see him/her making announcements on behalf of fusionhash throughout this thread. Is the dev also running fusionhash? What is the relationship if this is not the case? Part of the 8 unknown people behind this coin? If anyone doubts me, quickly check through this thread before the dev's posts are deleted or edited and you can see for yourself where he has been reporting on their behalf.

Like I said before, an ethical pool would have limited registrations long ago to prevent destabilizing the block chain. It makes no sense to try to get on bigger and better exchanges if the coin is going to fork out and cause lots of people to lose coins and exchanges to lose confidence. Miners don't have much choice as I see it, since we all know that when there is a fork that the dev will choose the fusionhash fork above all others. Meanwhile anyone else that ends up on another branch loses all their coins/$$$$.

Way past time to deal with the elephant in the room and stop complimenting the emperors nice clothes.
swainzag

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:22:29 PM

Why does the everyone and especially the DEV ignore the elephant in the room?  FusionHash has almost never been under 50% of the total hash. Usually they are in the 80+ range and often well above 90% of the total hash.

I think it's time for the DEV to disclose any relationship with fusionhash. I for one was surprised to see him/her making announcements on behalf of fusionhash throughout this thread. Is the dev also running fusionhash? What is the relationship if this is not the case? Part of the 8 unknown people behind this coin? If anyone doubts me, quickly check through this thread before the dev's posts are deleted or edited and you can see for yourself where he has been reporting on their behalf.

Like I said before, an ethical pool would have limited registrations long ago to prevent destabilizing the block chain. It makes no sense to try to get on bigger and better exchanges if the coin is going to fork out and cause lots of people to lose coins and exchanges to lose confidence. Miners don't have much choice as I see it, since we all know that when there is a fork that the dev will choose the fusionhash fork above all others. Meanwhile anyone else that ends up on another branch loses all their coins/$$$$.

Way past time to deal with the elephant in the room and stop complimenting the emperors nice clothes.

Honestly, how much does it really matter with a new alt coin?

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
homey108

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:26:13 PM

Doesn't matter one bit if you're already filthy rich. For the rest of us it matters a lot. It's not only miners that get hurt when this happens. Exchanges and investors also get raped when these coins fork. I guess some can't understand this until they personally lose $$$.
chiznitz

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 05:26:26 PM

The developer should ask fusionhash to close registrations until some pools catch up a little bit to avoid the badness from happening..

swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:27:26 PM

Doesn't matter one bit if you're already filthy rich. For the rest of us it matters a lot. It's not only miners that get hurt when this happens. Exchanges and investors also get raped when these coins fork. I guess some can't understand this until they personally lose $$$.

Thank you for explaining that in a total non-asshole type way.  That was very helpful for me and the community. 

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
SuperSta

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:03:58 PM

I agree and I've been saying it and when I told the Dev - I got no reply.

We are Lifeforce have just hit 150MH/s. However most of that is by 1-2 miners when they leave will we drop back down to 75 or so. Would be nice to have a few more miners to provide stability for this coin at our pool.
cornfed82

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:07:14 PM

You were surprised to see the dev making announcements regarding the biggest pool? Remind me not to throw you a surprise birthday party - you might die from shock.

FusionHash isn't some fly-by-night pool. They're reputable and have been around for months (I started out mining Anoncoin). What would be the advantage of doing anything negative? They'd probably lose their funding and nobody would mine there any more lol.

It's up to the community to start mining at a different pool. Really I'm not sure why everybody is at Fusionhash anyway...there are other pools with lower fees.
homey108

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:22:38 PM

Well once you've been through a fork or two on one of these altcoins you will understand.  Basically one fork has to be chosen, and anyone who ended up with coins on another fork is completely out of luck.

It's bad for the people that lose money and it's bad for the future of the coin. In any currency, the name of the game is confidence. Once that is lost, investors, miners, and exchanges are hesitant to get burned again. Usually the dev is concerned and taking an active role, but for some reason we have heard from neither the dev nor fusionhash on this issue.

Miners that have been through this, will always be on the lookout. It's up to the dev and the pools to be ethical and do the right thing for the good of the community. I've seen it before and it's the only method that works. The biggest pool simply stops new registrations until the stability of the block chain is no longer in danger. If that is not fast enough, some pools even raise the fees to discourage existing miners. They do this not only because they are ethical but because they care about future of the coin. There is no way that you're going to get all the miners to manage this on their own, especially since the more experienced ones know that if they end up on the wrong fork, they are SOL.
trdiablo

Activity: 540

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:31:28 PM

We should try to have 888 added to Cryptsy and/or BTER

We are not even on the Vote list of Cryptsy currently
Alexxquaker

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:38:32 PM

Wow!!!888 is on cryptoaltex.com allready!!!cool!!!)))
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 07:16:33 PM

i could care less if 888 ever makes it to bter.com, i'll never use that exchange ever again. it's garbage.

as for cryptsy! yes i'd like to see that. for now cryptoaltex is working perfectly, just needs more volume Smiley

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
spankyminer

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:27:00 PM

i could care less if 888 ever makes it to bter.com, i'll never use that exchange ever again. it's garbage.

Never had a problem with bter, cryptsy is laggy as hell
chiznitz

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 08:19:58 PM

Just need some buyers to arrive at cryptoaltex.  We are going to be doing some maintenance at some point today and will put a 30 minute warning up. it's not expected to last long but you may be logged out when we switch DNS to the new server.  If it fails we will switch DNS back so we should know pretty quickly if the new chatbox and session management items are working...should be even faster Smiley

cornfed82

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:21:46 PM

We should try to have 888 added to Cryptsy and/or BTER

We are not even on the Vote list of Cryptsy currently

I sent them a message asking to add it to the voting list. You should too - support (at) cryptsy.com
cornfed82

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:30:11 PM

Just need some buyers to arrive at cryptoaltex.  We are going to be doing some maintenance at some point today and will put a 30 minute warning up. it's not expected to last long but you may be logged out when we switch DNS to the new server.  If it fails we will switch DNS back so we should know pretty quickly if the new chatbox and session management items are working...should be even faster Smiley

This exchange looks promising. Going to register an account. Cool
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 08:55:23 PM

Never had a problem with bter, cryptsy is laggy as hell

cryptsy is laggy and has had some issues. but at least they answer your support tickets and fix your issues unlike bter.com.

chiznitz

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 10:27:06 PM

Chatbox is up on www.cryptoaltex.com  the connected users is a little wonky since a certain browser isnt sending a disconnect event, besides that troll away :0

CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 10:37:15 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

888.charityminingpools.com

PROMOTION!
0% Lifetime Octocoin Pool Fees for the 1st 88 Miners who sign up and Mine at our Pool!
* This does not apply to the Mandatory 0.8% Donation Fee to Charity, only Pool Fees

BRAND NEW - Need Miners!
Be a pioneer and help us get started, come mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.8% donation fee goes to The Water Project this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

SSL, STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups, DDOS Protection
0.8% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.8% Pool Fees (0% lifetime for 1st 88 Miners who sign up and Mine), 0% AP TX Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 10:56:37 PM

Chatbox is up on www.cryptoaltex.com  the connected users is a little wonky since a certain browser isnt sending a disconnect event, besides that troll away :0

sweet! every exchange needs a troll box.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: