Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:41:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
cornfed82

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:08:32 AM

2nd place on Crypto Rush!
cornfed82

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:55:22 AM

This coin is now live on Prelude.io exchange. The exchange is currently in beta and looks great.

Well, another low volume beta exchange. But, I must say the site is nice  Smiley I'll keep it on my list!

I'm transferring some 888 there now.

So far, this one and cryptoaltex are my favs.

We still need some volume though. This will do for now Smiley

Thanks for the kind words frame.  If you ever hop on irc please stop in #octocoin, it seems myself and a bot have some conversations but he really never talks besides asking me to go vote at cryptorush Smiley

In other news, we are currently trying to promote our exchange with a slightly more unique way to vote for a coin.  Hopefully this generates more traffic which should increase volume for all coins on our site.  We will continue to work hard to register new customers and we hope they decide to pickup some 888 along the way.

Details of program below.

Want your favorite coin listed on CryptoALTeX?

Welcome to CryptoALTeX's Get Listed Program

The Get Listed program offers some unique ways to get a coin listed.  Each registered user gets 1 vote per day for their coin.  You can also donate .001BTC to your coins posted address on our "Get Listed" page.

Each vote or .001BTC donation generates a "Chance" at being listed. The coin with the most chances after 3 days will automatically be listed on our site. The remaining coins that have a minimum of 100 chances will have their chances entered into a random selection which we will live stream and record. The coin that wins, will be listed. All unselected chances will roll over to the next drawing.

This means that the big money coins won't always win, giving the little guy a chance. 

Want your coin added? Please enter a ticket at https://cryptoaltex.freshdesk.com with some information about your coin and we will generate a deposit address and place your coin into the contest!

Next drawing: Wednesday at 8PM UTC

Please visit, https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=newcoin to see the current coins and votes.

CryptoALTeX reserves the right to list any coin at any time regardless of the drawing. Any coin listed for trading on CryptoALTeX that is already part of the drawing will have its chances removed from the drawing. In the event CryptoALTeX decides to list the top two coins of the week, the other coins will still have a random drawing.

Thanks all and feedback is always welcome,

Chiznitz

Sounds like a neat way to handle the new coin process! Good luck with your exchange - I like the looks. Cool
OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:50:24 AM

We realize that people are anxiously awaiting a progress update; what we can provide is firm assurance that the projects we are working on are progressing quite well. In the coming days, we will provide some screenshots/teasers of a couple of our smaller stage 1 projects. Full disclosure: a portion of our financing has been provided by an investor from the gaming industry - as such, gaming has always been a part of the (early) 888 equation. So, while the first wave of releases will primarily consist of games, they will be OctoCoin-exclusive and of a level of quality rarely seen in the cryptocurrency space (at least in our experience.) This should provide a good entry into the currency to help keep things interesting without exposing the details surrounding the projects that will make up the true heart and soul of OctoCoin: business tools and services. We want to bring all of these worlds together like never before by making it viable to use while simultaneously putting cryptocurrency within reach of every business and every individual across the globe. While all of these products will feature OctoCoin, we will reserve the right to make them available for other major currencies as well should we conclude it to be necessary. If things play out the way I personally believe they will, 888 will end up on the largest possible stage.

Our first wave of commerce and investment-based projects remain at least 1-2 months out which should provide plenty of time to establish a stable base value for 888. We are in the #2 position at CryptoRush and will likely be added at some point this week; this is another step forward, no doubt, and will be enough to get OctoCoin listed at coinmarketcap.com, but the exchange goal is to get listed on MintPal before April. If we begin to approach that goal via voting/community effort, the OctoCoin team will certainly pitch in the BTC needed to get us across the finish line (as long as it isn't something ridiculous - don't want to make promises we cannot keep!) While it may prove easier to get listed on Cryptsy, MintPal will be a better longterm fit for OctoCoin and remains a higher priority from our perspective.

Hype has faded a bit, prices have dwindled a bit on the handful of shaky exchanges trading 888, and from the outside it likely appears things have stagnated. This is a world where attention can be diverted by the newest shiny object - we anticipated a slow period around this point. We expect obstacles and eat them for breakfast. 10 days in the crypto world is like 10 years in the stock market - no other market has this level of uncertainty mixed with a lack of regulation and inexperienced investors - it is truly bordering on insanity and that's part of what makes it so interesting. Rest-assured, we are hard at work building the software and finalizing the business models that will eventually form the base of OctoCoin. Immature investors with short attention spans are not a good fit for this community as 888 has a long-term plan that will unfold over the course of time. We are dedicated to the success of OctoCoin and unforgiving when it comes to quality control. If you feel your hash power and/or money is better spent on coins like "RainbowGoldCoin," "DopeCoin," "JipLOOT," or the "[insert country name here]coin" scam of the week, OctoCoin likely isn't for you. Certainly a little luck and a bit of timing may be able to net you a small profit investing in those coins but, at the risk of sounding elitist, 888 is on a completely different level. That being said, we also know that well done is better than well said. There are 10 new coins/day being launched and for those of you that have hung with us, you have truly made a wise decision. The block reward subsidy will remain at the current level for nearly another three months - plenty of time to show you what we're made of.

"Patience, grasshopper..."

rurikar

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:54:16 AM

i need pool.

Come mine at 888.fedaykin.us! Please read about our stratum server, it's 888US.fedaykin.us:3333, use that for mining.

In other news, I think I'm going to take down the Singapore stratum server, with our hashrate in the dumps right now, it's not economically feasible to keep it going. I don't think anyone is using it anyway, but if anyone is, please switch to 888US.fedaykin.us!

Just threw my whole 50 KH at your pool, lets do this! Smiley
ozie

Activity: 239
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:32:20 PM

We realize that people are anxiously awaiting a progress update; what we can provide is firm assurance that the projects we are working on are progressing quite well. In the coming days, we will provide some screenshots/teasers of a couple of our smaller stage 1 projects. Full disclosure: a portion of our financing has been provided by an investor from the gaming industry - as such, gaming has always been a part of the (early) 888 equation. So, while the first wave of releases will primarily consist of games, they will be OctoCoin-exclusive and of a level of quality rarely seen in the cryptocurrency space (at least in our experience.) This should provide a good entry into the currency to help keep things interesting without exposing the details surrounding the projects that will make up the true heart and soul of OctoCoin: business tools and services. We want to bring all of these worlds together like never before by making it viable to use while simultaneously putting cryptocurrency within reach of every business and every individual across the globe. While all of these products will feature OctoCoin, we will reserve the right to make them available for other major currencies as well should we conclude it to be necessary. If things play out the way I personally believe they will, 888 will end up on the largest possible stage.

Our first wave of commerce and investment-based projects remain at least 1-2 months out which should provide plenty of time to establish a stable base value for 888. We are in the #2 position at CryptoRush and will likely be added at some point this week; this is another step forward, no doubt, and will be enough to get OctoCoin listed at coinmarketcap.com, but the exchange goal is to get listed on MintPal before April. If we begin to approach that goal via voting/community effort, the OctoCoin team will certainly pitch in the BTC needed to get us across the finish line (as long as it isn't something ridiculous - don't want to make promises we cannot keep!) While it may prove easier to get listed on Cryptsy, MintPal will be a better longterm fit for OctoCoin and remains a higher priority from our perspective.

Hype has faded a bit, prices have dwindled a bit on the handful of shaky exchanges trading 888, and from the outside it likely appears things have stagnated. This is a world where attention can be diverted by the newest shiny object - we anticipated a slow period around this point. We expect obstacles and eat them for breakfast. 10 days in the crypto world is like 10 years in the stock market - no other market has this level of uncertainty mixed with a lack of regulation and inexperienced investors - it is truly bordering on insanity and that's part of what makes it so interesting. Rest-assured, we are hard at work building the software and finalizing the business models that will eventually form the base of OctoCoin. Immature investors with short attention spans are not a good fit for this community as 888 has a long-term plan that will unfold over the course of time. We are dedicated to the success of OctoCoin and unforgiving when it comes to quality control. If you feel your hash power and/or money is better spent on coins like "RainbowGoldCoin," "DopeCoin," "JipLOOT," or the "[insert country name here]coin" scam of the week, OctoCoin likely isn't for you. Certainly a little luck and a bit of timing may be able to net you a small profit investing in those coins but, at the risk of sounding elitist, 888 is on a completely different level. That being said, we also know that well done is better than well said. There are 10 new coins/day being launched and for those of you that have hung with us, you have truly made a wise decision. The block reward subsidy will remain at the current level for nearly another three months - plenty of time to show you what we're made of.

"Patience, grasshopper..."

We are still here. Waiting, voting and dreaming about a brighter Future  Wink
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:30:32 PM

If we can get the pool at http://888.fedaykin.us back to ~80MH, I will lower fees to back to 0.5% in an effort to show my gratitude.

I've been glad to be a part of this thus far and looking forward to a bright future!

Don't forget about our weekly 25% giveaway! We can only have a prize if we have miners, though, so come in and mine!

SlientBit

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:41:57 PM

edric, it's funny how they didn't shred your tk link on sig
Better update it, though Wink, since you're using another domain now Cheesy

As to pump your ash rate, well ... you do know that some pools are 0% fee/donation only, right? Competition is tough, but its necessary. You need to find yourself another competitive advantage (the 25% giveaway isn't convincing, I'm afraid).
I'll be glad to move my meager 600Khs over, but not at a loss, sorry bro. Keep the light shining!

CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:15:18 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

888.charityminingpools.com

Be a pioneer and help us get started, come mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.5% Pool Fees, 0% AP TX Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
edric

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:54:30 PM

As to pump your ash rate, well ... you do know that some pools are 0% fee/donation only, right? Competition is tough, but its necessary. You need to find yourself another competitive advantage (the 25% giveaway isn't convincing, I'm afraid).
I'll be glad to move my meager 600Khs over, but not at a loss, sorry bro. Keep the light shining!

Yeah, it's pretty tough keeping your head above water when running pools, I hate charging a fee, but unfortunately a necessity since I'm just starting out in the last month. I like to offer some type of incentive to mine with my pools, which is why I do the giveaway, but I do agree, there needs to be something else. If we were a big pool, the 25% could be a pretty substantial reward up for grabs. We will get there one day, like you said, keep the light shining!

I'll change my link in my profile now.. Honestly, forgot all about it, been very busy behind the scenes.

MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:14:45 PM

Yeah, it's pretty tough keeping your head above water when running pools, I hate charging a fee, but unfortunately a necessity since I'm just starting out in the last month. I like to offer some type of incentive to mine with my pools, which is why I do the giveaway, but I do agree, there needs to be something else. If we were a big pool, the 25% could be a pretty substantial reward up for grabs. We will get there one day, like you said, keep the light shining!

I'll change my link in my profile now.. Honestly, forgot all about it, been very busy behind the scenes.

0.5% fee is ridiculously low. Even if your pool was free, people would still think they were doing you a favor mining there. 0.5% with a 25% giveaway? That's basically nothing - if anything, people mining at your pool should certainly be donating on top of that for the service you provide instead of considering it a "fee" - people are so damn greedy. You've had an awesome pool that has been bumping since Octo launched, you've been active, you've been updating it as you went along. Man we should be so lucky to have somebody like you running a pool for us to mine at. I hope you add some other high quality coins as well because you are my go-to guy. You have to pay for servers, domains, maintenance - people underestimate the value of a quality pool that isn't dropping shares and whatnot. Those percentages on the blocks page mean nothing if the shares are never making it into the database due to lag - FusionHash and edric have offered the best daily returns of any of the pools and I've tried them all. Sometimes you get what you pay for and at 0.5% you aren't even paying much. Plus a 25% giveaway? Crazy. Most new coins have launched pools charging 2% - 3% fees.
SlientBit

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:01:42 PM

MEGAman, it's nice that you appreciate and support edric's efforts. He's being with Octo from the start and deserves it, for sure.

Now, take a minute and think about the dynamics of pools - MPOS, that is, since p2pools are a different kind of beast - from the point of view of a small hasher like myself (600~700 KHs):

• Unless we stick to small sized pools, that allow for low diff contributions and have very few miners, our hashing power pays out close to nothing
  • If the coin we're hashing doesn't come through or doesn't sustain itself above a few satoshis, there's no way the mining costs are ever going to be covered, let alone having a profit
  • Transaction fees in MPOS pools tend to be significant, specially if the payout is low, and so we keep our gains in the pool's wallet for long periods, and that makes it unavailable for other purposes like trading or PoS interest gains

For all of these, if we can use the same hash power and not pay any fee, it makes a difference!
In Octo's particular case, now that the blocks are paying only 88 coins, the math is easy, but i'll give you some hard facts:

I'm mining in another pool (sorry edric, but I guess you already knew that from my previous post), one where the number of workers is low, dif is low and is very stable (I will not say the name, 'cause I want to keep it that way Smiley ), and it uses PROP - with my low hash power, I'm able to consistently pull between 15% and 18% of the payout, so my octos are coming with a very nice rate. On top of that, this pool had the change of finding one of those superblocks that pay 888 Grin and I got close to 184 octos!
If I was on edric's pool, my hash power would probably afford me only a couple of octos, so both me and edric would essentially be waiting our resources, 'cause 75% of 0.5% of a few coins is pretty close to nothing.

So, you see, relative numbers mean nothing unless you do the math and look at the actual values. Edric's 0.5% means something to me that probably means almost nothing to another miner that's able to use GHs across several pools.
The network needs all of us, so we need options for all of us, even if that means that swell guys like edric don't get my hash power Smiley

MEGAman

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:32:38 PM

MEGAman, it's nice that you appreciate and support edric's efforts. He's being with Octo from the start and deserves it, for sure.

Now, take a minute and think about the dynamics of pools - MPOS, that is, since p2pools are a different kind of beast - from the point of view of a small hasher like myself (600~700 KHs):

• Unless we stick to small sized pools, that allow for low diff contributions and have very few miners, our hashing power pays out close to nothing
  • If the coin we're hashing doesn't come through or doesn't sustain itself above a few satoshis, there's no way the mining costs are ever going to be covered, let alone having a profit
  • Transaction fees in MPOS pools tend to be significant, specially if the payout is low, and so we keep our gains in the pool's wallet for long periods, and that makes it unavailable for other purposes like trading or PoS interest gains

For all of these, if we can use the same hash power and not pay any fee, it makes a difference!
In Octo's particular case, now that the blocks are paying only 88 coins, the math is easy, but i'll give you some hard facts:

I'm mining in another pool (sorry edric, but I guess you already knew that from my previous post), one where the number of workers is low, dif is low and is very stable (I will not say the name, 'cause I want to keep it that way Smiley ), and it uses PROP - with my low hash power, I'm able to consistently pull between 15% and 18% of the payout, so my octos are coming with a very nice rate. On top of that, this pool had the change of finding one of those superblocks that pay 888 Grin and I got close to 184 octos!
If I was on edric's pool, my hash power would probably afford me only a couple of octos, so both me and edric would essentially be waiting our resources, 'cause 75% of 0.5% of a few coins is pretty close to nothing.

So, you see, relative numbers mean nothing unless you do the math and look at the actual values. Edric's 0.5% means something to me that probably means almost nothing to another miner that's able to use GHs across several pools.
The network needs all of us, so we need options for all of us, even if that means that swell guys like edric don't get my hash power Smiley

You do realize that everything you said (other than the part about paying lower pool fees) makes no sense, right? You might get a bigger share of each block found at a smaller pools but you will also be finding fewer blocks. You will obviously find fewer blocks because of the lower overall hash hate but also because the bigger the pool, the more likely the workers are to receive fresh work faster (because you are in a pool that is more likely to find the previous block.) It's clear to me many people don't understand anything about cryptocurrency mining and, while I know it's complicated, it might be wise to educate yourselves before thinking you are an expert. Between this and all of the fallacies regarding 51% attacks in this thread alone, it's making my head hurt. Mine where you want to mine but please do some research on how these things work.
cornfed82

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:56:36 PM

Found some cool octopus wallpapers here: http://fin6.com/2013/10/octopus/
swainzag

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:00:32 PM

Found some cool octopus wallpapers here: http://fin6.com/2013/10/octopus/

You should get this tee shirt:

http://www.cornfed.com/Still-Hungry-P390C68.aspx

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
edric

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:19:26 PM

0.5% fee is ridiculously low. Even if your pool was free, people would still think they were doing you a favor mining there. 0.5% with a 25% giveaway? That's basically nothing - if anything, people mining at your pool should certainly be donating on top of that for the service you provide instead of considering it a "fee" - people are so damn greedy. You've had an awesome pool that has been bumping since Octo launched, you've been active, you've been updating it as you went along. Man we should be so lucky to have somebody like you running a pool for us to mine at. I hope you add some other high quality coins as well because you are my go-to guy. You have to pay for servers, domains, maintenance - people underestimate the value of a quality pool that isn't dropping shares and whatnot. Those percentages on the blocks page mean nothing if the shares are never making it into the database due to lag - FusionHash and edric have offered the best daily returns of any of the pools and I've tried them all. Sometimes you get what you pay for and at 0.5% you aren't even paying much. Plus a 25% giveaway? Crazy. Most new coins have launched pools charging 2% - 3% fees.

I really appreciate you and everyone else for sticking up for me here, I do try my best to provide a quality service at a price that I feel comfortable charging to people without being overly greedy. I do understand, however, that many people look for different things when deciding where they're going to send their valuable hashes, and I hold no ill will for that! That said, I can see some of SilentBit's point, while I try to be as altruistic as possible and offer my giveaways and as low a fee as possible, I really question how effective that is at attracting miners. We really need things to be jumping this week if we're going to offer up a fat giveaway!

Like you said though MEGAman, servers do cost money, and right now I'm running everything straight out of my pocket. I think, though I'd have to crunch some numbers, my pool may have recovered 1/4-1/3 of what I've spent. I am planning on opening pools for some other coins, very soon, but I'm not like okaypool or others who open a pool for every coin in existence, as I do not have the infrastructure to support that and am not ok with things running half-assed because I'm overworking my machines! I don't have any plans to abandon 888, so I'm hoping for a bright future and a rekindled interest as the rest of you guys are. Once again, I thank everyone who has been kind enough to give my pool a spin and hope you'll stick with us in the future!

SlientBit

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:24:05 PM

MEGAman, thank you for the appraisal, then. Mind you that I didn't claim to be an expert - those are your words, not mine.

As to being educated of these matters, I think it's always more profitable for everyone that those that do know find it in their best interest to help others into that knowledge - unfortunately, you don't seem to be in a such a mood, at least for now. Perhaps another time?

As to being plain wrong or mistaken about my conceptions on mining dynamics, chill out Smiley , it's my problem, not yours - I have been on p2pools and on edric's pool, you see, so my insights are purely empiric. I did read on it, but actual hashing carries other facts and no matter how skewed and biased they might be, they have provided me with a maximized payout of my low hash power.

If you care to take notice, here's some basic math that guided me on to this: 18% of 88 = 15.84 , whilst 1,5% of 10x88 = 13,2 (you see, 1,5% was the average share I was able to get when I was on edric's pool Smiley - of course back then, the hashrate was quite higher than currently). So, I might be better off in a pool that finds blocks 10x slower, even if your are right Wink

In the end, what matters is the health of the network, so edric's pool is most welcomed, as any other pool that is able to be stable and available, and all of them require miners to do so.

As I said before, keep the light shining! There's always someone coming your way if you do Wink

So, my thanks to Octocoin, edric and you, MEGAman,  and all other miners and pool operators that keep this coin going. I'll enjoy my profits, even if they'll be meager than what they could have been if I had taken other choices Smiley

EDIT: edric, just saw your post now. Keep it up, bro, you'll get in to profit land. Choosing other coins like Octo isn't easy, because their not much Smiley I won't advertise another coin in this thread, it's basic politeness, but you can PM me and I'll tell you what other choices I would recommend

edric

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:55:13 PM

MEGAman, thank you for the appraisal, then. Mind you that I didn't claim to be an expert - those are your words, not mine.

As to being educated of these matters, I think it's always more profitable for everyone that those that do know find it in their best interest to help others into that knowledge - unfortunately, you don't seem to be in a such a mood, at least for now. Perhaps another time?

As to being plain wrong or mistaken about my conceptions on mining dynamics, chill out Smiley , it's my problem, not yours - I have been on p2pools and on edric's pool, you see, so my insights are purely empiric. I did read on it, but actual hashing carries other facts and no matter how skewed and biased they might be, they have provided me with a maximized payout of my low hash power.

If you care to take notice, here's some basic math that guided me on to this: 18% of 88 = 15.84 , whilst 1,5% of 10x88 = 13,2 (you see, 1,5% was the average share I was able to get when I was on edric's pool Smiley - of course back then, the hashrate was quite higher than currently). So, I might be better off in a pool that finds blocks 10x slower, even if your are right Wink

In the end, what matters is the health of the network, so edric's pool is most welcomed, as any other pool that is able to be stable and available, and all of them require miners to do so.

As I said before, keep the light shining! There's always someone coming your way if you do Wink

So, my thanks to Octocoin, edric and you, MEGAman,  and all other miners and pool operators that keep this coin going. I'll enjoy my profits, even if they'll be meager than what they could have been if I had taken other choices Smiley

EDIT: edric, just saw your post now. Keep it up, bro, you'll get in to profit land. Choosing other coins like Octo isn't easy, because their not much Smiley I won't advertise another coin in this thread, it's basic politeness, but you can PM me and I'll tell you what other choices I would recommend

I appreciate everyone's kindness, it's uncommon to find people these days who can have differences of opinion yet still get along nicely. My sentiments exactly on the network being healthy. I think some pool ops have the "if you build it, they will come" attitude, which is correct to a certain amount, but I want to build a reputation for delivering excellent personal service as well as having an operational pool. That's another reason I don't want to go nuts with this whole thing, but yes, it's tough squeezing a few pennies out of this endeavor.

I'm trying to come up with a logo for my pools as well, but I suck with photoshop. My forum name and the names of my pools (as well as in MMO's and such) is all Dune related, so I came up with something that I thought looked kind of cool. What do you guys think?

Might could do with a little smaller resize...

MEGAman

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:05:23 PM

If you care to take notice, here's some basic math that guided me on to this: 18% of 88 = 15.84 , whilst 1,5% of 10x88 = 13,2

Here is some basic math for you:

100% of 10 = 10
10% of 100 = 10
1% of 1000 = 10

There are a number of factors that can skew those numbers slightly - technical issues such as connectivity, hardware, lost shares, etc. Also, those issues are historically more likely to occur at smaller pools. However, ignoring historical statistics (as they aren't always relevant anyway) and all things being equal, you will typically get a better return at a larger pool. The reason is that the larger a pool is, the more blocks they find. The second a pool finds a block, it can instantly calculate the work and distribute it to the miners for the next block giving them an edge over miners at other pools still crunching away on stale shares. For the most part, this edge is reduced to milliseconds with stratum servers but those milliseconds begin to add up. Sorry if I was being rude - I'm easily rattled these days I guess. Just so much false information out there and it's frustrating to cut through the noise.
cornfed82

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:47:57 PM

lol! Cool
coin123123

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:04:35 AM

tonight octocoin on cryptorush
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: