Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:12:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⛏️ [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡️ Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT  (Read 50862 times)
neqniox

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 12:54:09 PM

As promised, http://www.uplexamining.com is now up!
It's still early days, and I will work on it over the coming weeks.

We aim to provide;

- A database of user-submitted performance figures, specific to uPelxa
- An overview of the project
- Links and live stats of our public pools
- Mining instructions for all supported mining applications (right now, that's just one)

Please feel free to submit your performance data. It could help other miners determine what hardware to buy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neqniox

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 01:00:19 PM

reading all the details for this project give me much interested to buy a rig to start mining too..what rig do you think is profitable to start mining with this coin..and what exchange do you plan to list/or negotiate to list?

Right now, it's not possible to determine profitability as the code has only been out for 3 weeks and we're not yet listed on any Exchanges.
Our official Discord group has some non-official peer-to-peer trading for prices ranging from 15-100 SATS per uPlexa.

The overall pool hash rate is still under 4MH/s, which is nothing in Crypto terms.

To give you an idea of what you can earn (coin-wise) right now, it's just under 1 UPX per day, per 1H/s

- Average i5 laptop @ 600H/s = 540UPX per day
- Ryzen 1700@ 3970 H/s = 3571UPX per day

Hope this helps!
Get involved!
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 01:44:44 PM

reading all the details for this project give me much interested to buy a rig to start mining too..what rig do you think is profitable to start mining with this coin..and what exchange do you plan to list/or negotiate to list?

Right now, it's not possible to determine profitability as the code has only been out for 3 weeks and we're not yet listed on any Exchanges.
Our official Discord group has some non-official peer-to-peer trading for prices ranging from 15-100 SATS per uPlexa.

The overall pool hash rate is still under 4MH/s, which is nothing in Crypto terms.

To give you an idea of what you can earn (coin-wise) right now, it's just under 1 UPX per day, per 1H/s

- Ryzen 1700@ 3970 H/s = 3571UPX per day

Hope this helps!
Get involved!

Just a quick hint, the Ryzen mentioned here is overclocked to 3.6Ghz and using 14 out of 16 cores, limited to up to 80% CPU load.
With full 16 cores it would do more than4100H/s
Please add a field for additional tweaks so people can destinguish one setup from another!

neqniox

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:03:34 PM

Hope this helps!
Get involved!

Just a quick hint, the Ryzen mentioned here is overclocked to 3.6Ghz and using 14 out of 16 cores, limited to up to 80% CPU load.
With full 16 cores it would do more than4100H/s
Please add a field for additional tweaks so people can destinguish one setup from another!

Thanks - the core utilisation is already accounted for on the on the site (albeit I didn't have your max_cpu figures).
I'll probably just denote overclocked systems with OC after the processor name, and then change the 'download config' to 'notes', where I can expand on any non-standard systems.

I'll obviously include this information in the key.

Thanks for the feedback! Smiley
SkyDr4k3

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:14:52 PM

We aim to provide;

- Mining instructions for all supported mining applications (right now, that's just one)

Please feel free to submit your performance data. It could help other miners determine what hardware to buy!
are you part of the uplexa team?
Papalou

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:15:36 PM

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker on bitcointalk here !

The uPlexa project is so exciting that I have decided to join the board :-)

I went on the discord community for help yesterday and someone solved my problem in a matter of minutes... very nice.

I'll set up another rig (XEON based) tonight !

Keep up with the good work.
neqniox

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:21:22 PM

We aim to provide;

I am not a member of the core team, no.
Just a technologist who loves the concept and is engaging with the project where required.
meandertal2

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 06:27:27 PM

Hi Guys,

I went on the discord community for help yesterday and someone solved my problem in a matter of minutes... very nice.

Hats off to ALL the new UPX miners and pool ops. You know who you are. Some of you even mining UPX as your first coin! Welcome to the uPlexa community!
KnyazED

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 06:42:58 PM

I see an active team and active managers. they are really focused, and do everything in order to raise their project to a high level
uPlexa (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 143
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 09:23:50 PM

Hi Guys,

Glad to have you as apart of our amazing community!

I see an active team and active managers. they are really focused, and do everything in order to raise their project to a high level

Much appreciated!
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:08:22 AM

That's what makes the power of this project, besides the inspired, hard-working and dedicated Dev team : the community Smiley
Thanks again @neqniox for this website, are you planning to add all the interesting articles and videos that are gonna be written withint the next months?

And... I have a question concerning the miner: I see that most of you guys set the cpu load at 80/85%, but never 100%. Why is that? Is the hashing performance lesser if you set it 100%?

We aim to provide;

Just a technologist who loves the concept and is engaging with the project where required.
Korifeetxs

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 12:37:42 PM

And... I have a question concerning the miner: I see that most of you guys set the cpu load at 80/85%, but never 100%. Why is that? Is the hashing performance lesser if you set it 100%?

I choose this setting because of two reasons: first: I need my CPU for other work as well, and second: I don't want my CPU to wear down too much by overstressing the cpu with max performance. To be honest I have no clue what  I am doing, so if anyone says it does not work this way and my reasoning does not make sense at all, I love to be corrected.. So far it works for me though Cheesy
Putting in 100% gave me no noticable more hashing power.
neqniox

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 01:05:15 PM

That's what makes the power of this project, besides the inspired, hard-working and dedicated Dev team : the community Smiley
Thanks again @neqniox for this website, are you planning to add all the interesting articles and videos that are gonna be written withint the next months?

We aim to provide;

I certainly am!

I'm very much leaving the door open for any content the community wants; it's main job is to provide benchmarks from one single place, but if people want author things or request for new content, I'll be listening.

It's for the community after all; I don't even consider myself as the owner of the site!

Re the max cpu setting; I think the above answer hits the nail on the head. Some people wish to use their machines for other things whilst mining, and this should prevent any significant slow-down of other operations.

Weirdly though, I've found some of my systems (my i5 laptop for example), can max out hashrate-wise at around 68% CPU, which means I'm always able to do 'something' else on the laptop whilst mining.
whotheff

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 03:15:01 PM

I choose this setting because of two reasons: first: I need my CPU for other work as well, and second: I don't want my CPU to wear down too much by overstressing the cpu with max performance. To be honest I have no clue what  I am doing, so if anyone says it does not work this way and my reasoning does not make sense at all, I love to be corrected.. So far it works for me though Cheesy
Putting in 100% gave me no noticable more hashing power.

First: mention your CPU model. Then what kind of software you use on it and then if you use it 24/7 or only 8-10 hours a day.

There are many options - low power mining, undervolting, lowe the number of mining cores, mine only during the night, etc. If you are interested and tweaky enough, you can tailor it to match your lifestyle without affecting your performance.

But also keep in mind that a single CPU is not going to make millions of UPX. You can also write an article, or create a piece of software which will bring you much more UPX via the Bounty: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5082311.20;topicseen

tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 09:58:53 AM

Thanks guys for the info concerning CPU power settings in the miner...

@DevTeam : do you have any approximative release date for the mobile wallet? And... are you going to make it mine too? =)
That would be awesome! Not that smartphone mining could bring anybody millions of UPX, of course, but every little bit makes a difference, and that would be a good start to democratize the project, don't you think?

Concerning Cryptonote-based mining, we already have Tony Monero's Android app, it's working fine, but of course for now it doesn't include uPlexa specific algo... I was thinking, maybe some kind of "joint venture" with the Dev? Or you think you can make your own integrated miner?
SkyDr4k3

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:14:29 AM

do we have a remote node?
Ribbitforum

Activity: 487
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:31:05 PM

do we have a remote node?
there is a remote node for pool posted in discord,
grega1999

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 06:26:59 PM

why are gpu benchmarks here: http://www.uplexamining.com/hw-benchmarks/

is there a gpu mining software for UPX?
whotheff

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 06:52:15 PM

why are gpu benchmarks here: http://www.uplexamining.com/hw-benchmarks/

is there a gpu mining software for UPX?

There is one, but it is closed source, 5% fee and not very efficient.

Virtual-Money

Activity: 236
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:26:53 PM

Why there is no Gpu Miner config and only CPU?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: