Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:42:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⛏️ [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡️ Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT  (Read 50862 times)
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:19:09 PM

Gpu miner? Where can we find it, please? Do you have a link?

Though closed source seems a bit fishy... Unless it's an app made by the core team, and they are don't want it to spread too much right now...

why are gpu benchmarks here: http://www.uplexamining.com/hw-benchmarks/

is there a gpu mining software for UPX?

There is one, but it is closed source, 5% fee and not very efficient.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grega1999

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:33:14 PM

Link?
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 04:02:49 PM

Link?

It was posted about two weeks ago. You'll have to dig it out
yourself out of the Discord server here
That way you can also monitor the progress and participate in the bounties or even development.

Korifeetxs

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 08:23:23 PM

Because an airdrop is supposed to be drawing attention and spread the news of Uplexa, I was wondering: of the 36,750,000 UPX, how many coins have been allocated and/or distributed to participants in the airdrop? Will there be another round in the future? Was there some kind of target set regarding exposure or number of wallets created? Or was it more of a 'let's see how it goes' kind of approach?
whotheff

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 09:31:15 AM

If you follow the Discord's channel, you can see that Lee from IMineBlocks
is also supporting uPlexa. He also made a video  about it. You can see his
review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa6nz0qyA0E

SkyDr4k3

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 10:39:52 AM

why one single pool has more then 90% hashrate??
Korifeetxs

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 01:05:11 PM

Because this single pool https://uplexa.poolbux.com/#/home is the official one, the pool which was brought online by Uplexa devs to start up the process. Other pools are slowly coming online sinds then. As the project evolves, more pools will come, and the hashes will be spread out more. Just give it some time.
SkyDr4k3

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 01:45:48 PM

Because this single pool https://uplexa.poolbux.com/#/home is the official one, the pool which was brought online by Uplexa devs to start up the process. Other pools are slowly coming online sinds then. As the project evolves, more pools will come, and the hashes will be spread out more. Just give it some time.

It s funny that they write "The Cryptonight-UPX algorithm is specifically focused on mining any device's CPU, big or small, for a coin reward" but the main pool has 5000 upx minimum payments. I have a mid range cpu and I am discouraged from using the pool that the developers themselves have created. 5000 min is not for normal cpu.
tybiboune

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:15:34 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2018, 09:10:45 PM by tybiboune

Hi! That's a constructive comment Smiley And actually there are a few things to reply :
- first of all, for NOW the existing mining app is designed to work on PCs (windows or Linux, mostly Ubuntu). I'm not in the core team's deepest thoughts, but I'm assuming this is to incentivise the 'first comers' as they're supposed to become some kind of 'core' to the community.
- concerning the 5000 minimum for payments, that used to be 10000 till very recently, once a again I'm assuming two main reasons first that : firstly the team calculated that given the type of miners coming first to the project, 10000 would be fair not to pull too much out of the pool, and not waste too many transaction fees. But actually the main dev recently acknowledged that given the evolution of the network, his calculation and way of thinking was not that accurate.
- this first pool was the 'official' and has now been joined by a few others, who have a much lower minimum payment. You'll definitely get the best out of your little computer. Check http://www.uplexamining.com/pools/ they have a list of the existing mining pools. The 5000 minimum payment of the official pool will, actually, be a VERY good way to spread the hashing power and get really decentralized.
By the way, this website I just mentioned has been done by one member of the community, and it has many interesting things about the project. Check it out!

And... Welcome to this great project!

It s funny that they write "The Cryptonight-UPX algorithm is specifically focused on mining any device's CPU, big or small, for a coin reward" but the main pool has 5000 upx minimum payments. I have a mid range cpu and I am discouraged from using the pool that the developers themselves have created. 5000 min is not for normal cpu.
uPlexa (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 143
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 09:29:35 PM

We started at a 10k payout threshold. 10k payouts were achievable within a few hours on a mobile phone running a web based browser miner (one of the slowest methods possible). We've since reduced our threshold to 5k.

It came to our attention that we should not lower our payment threshold at this time. The idea behind this, is to incentivize miners to spread their hashes amongst other community pools. Each and every other uplexa pool offers a minimum payout range starting from 10-500 UPX.

We highly recommend pools such as https://fruitypool.com or http://hashing.center. The administrators of these pools are very active members of our community.

Cheers!

PS: tybiboune - well said! Smiley
tybiboune

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 01:13:53 PM

We started at a 10k payout threshold. 10k payouts were achievable within a few hours on a mobile phone running a web based browser miner (one of the slowest methods possible). We've since reduced our threshold to 5k.

It came to our attention that we should not lower our payment threshold at this time. The idea behind this, is to incentivize miners to spread their hashes amongst other community pools. Each and every other uplexa pool offers a minimum payout range starting from 10-500 UPX.

We highly recommend pools such as https://fruitypool.com or http://hashing.center. The administrators of these pools are very active members of our community.

Cheers!

PS: tybiboune - well said! Smiley
Hi! Open communication (would I dare... "transparency"?) is mandatory in a sphere where so many projects are mostly aimed at making their core Team (and close friends) wealthy... Nowadays, words such as "pre-mine", "ICO" or even "masternodes" can sound appalling to many potential investors. In the case of uPlexa, once you dig deeper, you understand why that pre-mine exists and how it's totally justified and for a good and honest purpose, but given the myriad of projects launching every day, and the "flourishing" (errr) current market, people barely have more than a few seconds to consider for a new project, and then decide to dig or skip.

I consider that announcing "loud and clear" some premine in a project Ann is actually a positive approach, and a first sign of honesty and transparency (we see many crypto projects announcing nothing about premine, and... you find out once you dig deeper =) ), but it can also be important to really highlight those points (x% premine -> what for exactly?)

Investor should read "premine", they eventually start to frown, then they read "x% of this premine goes to y, ..." and they're more prone to dig further.

Just my opinion Cheesy
supoplex

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:07:20 PM

So, mining speed depends on processor speed?
Korifeetxs

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:10:47 PM

Nowadays, words such as "pre-mine", "ICO" or even "masternodes" can sound appalling to many potential investors.
Given the market and projects we have seen the last year you can't blame the investors. But if they will look away directly just after seeing those words they might be missing out on the hidden gems, like Uplexa. My 2 cents: the real investors are still investigating projects with the word Premine, and if they don't they're not real investors. But IF they look away they will just be hearing from Uplexa in the news, and that's when it might be way too late (for them) Wink
whotheff

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 11:14:05 PM

So, mining speed depends on processor speed?

Generally speaking - yes, as in most coins. Ideally you must have as much CPU threads
as possible on your CPU, and each thread needs 1MB of L3 cache.
Atleast that works best for AMD CPUs.

I've heard for Intel it is better to use 2MB L3 per thread and use lower number of threads.

Here is a link with all the hardware that was benchmarked on this coin's algo:

https://www.uplexamining.com/hw-benchmarks/

LoveStory

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:21:38 PM

Nowadays, words such as "pre-mine", "ICO" or even "masternodes" can sound appalling to many potential investors.
Given the market and projects we have seen the last year you can't blame the investors. But if they will look away directly just after seeing those words they might be missing out on the hidden gems, like Uplexa. My 2 cents: the real investors are still investigating projects with the word Premine, and if they don't they're not real investors. But IF they look away they will just be hearing from Uplexa in the news, and that's when it might be way too late (for them) Wink
so are they really going to hold an ICO?
Investors turned always has excuses, whether it's because the process is too long or there is no development means. should be before that happens the team have prepared something great.

neqniox

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:47:40 PM

so are they really going to hold an ICO?
Investors turned always has excuses, whether it's because the process is too long or there is no development means. should be before that happens the team have prepared something great.

There is no ICO. There is a pre-mine, which is being used to incentivise the community to develop solutions and promote uPlexa. The community is incredibly transparent; everyone who's joined the discord for a couple of days has been pleasantly surprised by the attentiveness of the core team and supporting community members. We already have independent websites, stood up by non-project members at their own expense, just 3 weeks after code launch.

Join in, talk to them, you wont be disappointed.
No one on this project want's to BS you, or pull you in under false pretences Smiley ...maybe that's what the crypto world needs!
b0x0

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 07:41:33 AM

Interesting project. I will be mining it.
tybiboune

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:06:38 AM

And again, for those who wonder why there are only miners for the usual power computer for now, while the project talks about IoT all over the place... well, first of all the network needs to have a steady and stable base, and as the project is in its infancy, there aren't gazillions of users empowering the blockchain. So it makes sense to prioritize the "usual" computers, as it's the easiest and faster to release, and the firstcomers are most always miners, with existing rigs.

This provides a good stable securized network, which is now able to welcome the little machines (the so-called IoT devices Wink ). That's why the Dev and community are already and very actively working on developing the mining apps on the little rockchip processors for instance, aiming Android TV boxes, and Android smartphones.

And it's only the beginning Smiley
desi_translator2018
Copper Member

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 11:58:49 AM

RESERVED for HINDI translation....

helloo admin.... can i translate ANN page / WHITE paper  to HINDI(INDIA) language ??

here is my portfolio.....
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TTRWTdF-VC71_TgP4dcsy6wH4BoL9cxB

PM me if you need HINDI translation..... thank you....
Korifeetxs

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:21:30 PM

On discord I saw some discussion on the devices that could/should be used for uPlexa mining. Maybe it's an idea to set-up some sort of working document of devices:
1) on which it is possible to mine already
2) that are being worked on.
3) which could/should be a possibility in the future.
I think the community can easily keep such a list growing. I am sure the devs do have a list of awesome ideas somewhere, but it is possible they are missing/overlooking some or even a lot of the devices that are out there, since there should be quite a few IoT-devices in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: