Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:53:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⛏️ [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡️ Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT  (Read 50870 times)
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:49:11 AM

Masternodes are essential for achieveing speed and cheap transactions.
However, many coins tend to die out when they enter that phase.
Do you think masternodes are the way to go for uPlexa to become really quick
and almost free to transfer UPX?

Do you know of any other way to achieve it?
Maybe they can implement some kind of "lighting network" transactions, or some kind of "off-chain transaction" like Pivx or clones does? Though it does it through Masternodes, so I guess we're kinda stuck with them here Wink
Masternodes the uPlexa way will be different, anyway... Because first of all, everyone will be able to accumulate the collateral by regular PoW mining, and then.. I'm not sure the Masternodes phase will mean extinction of the PoW phase. Maybe both could co-exist? Wouldn't it be the best of both worlds? After all, PoW mining and Masternodes/staking have different purposes in the network.

Question to uPlexa dev: will PoW continue along with Masternodes?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyanDokter

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 09:39:04 AM

Maybe they can implement some kind of "lighting network" transactions, or some kind of "off-chain transaction" like Pivx or clones does? Though it does it through Masternodes, so I guess we're kinda stuck with them here Wink
Masternodes the uPlexa way will be different, anyway... Because first of all, everyone will be able to accumulate the collateral by regular PoW mining, and then.. I'm not sure the Masternodes phase will mean extinction of the PoW phase. Maybe both could co-exist? Wouldn't it be the best of both worlds? After all, PoW mining and Masternodes/staking have different purposes in the network.

Yes PoW will make up the larger percentage of the Uplexa environment to ensure the IoT vision is realised.
However i do believe that IF Masternodes are introduced that there will be a fair and sustainable method of obtaining one.
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 09:00:26 PM

Masternodes will eat some of the PoW reward. So i guess MN will be needed at some point after all.

Another question then:

There was a comparison which shows how uPlexa
has all privacy features that other privacy coins lack.

Since the world went crazy on being "green",
can uPlexa's Cryptonight-upx prove if it is more power efficient than other algos/coins?

If yes by how much?

Korifeetxs

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:16:12 PM

I am sure the uPlexa team will find a way to make it work (MN and PoW incentives or something very different) for the majority, if not all. They have shown that it is possible to create something that has not been done before. Let's keep throwing idea's; it could help them in any way, and push it in the right direction. A shame I don't have any background in this, other than what I have learned so far from this project.

Did the team create an overview with possibilities, and strenghts and weaknesses regarding this matter? And maybe share it with the community?
iisbetoq

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 01:52:33 AM

nice shoots, we are now on 993 rank nice volume  Shocked

tybiboune

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 08:00:02 AM

Masternodes will eat some of the PoW reward. So i guess MN will be needed at some point after all.

Another question then:

There was a comparison which shows how uPlexa
has all privacy features that other privacy coins lack.

can uPlexa's Cryptonight-upx prove if it is more power efficient than other algos/coins?

If yes by how much?

I'm not from the team, so I won't be able to reply with many technical details, but I can see that the Android miner works fine with 25% (the minimum setting) power, and it doesn't work better on my phone if I use 50 75 or 100% setting. That tends to prove a point concerning the "power efficient" matter Wink

I remember that jce cn cpu miner's dev used to say that uPlexa CN was the most efficient CN variant around, from a CPU point of view. Maybe that was related to power efficiency too?

This would require some thorough testing though... and with different configurations, as one test on one specific computer wouldn't prove anything Smiley

uPlexa team?
neqniox

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 09:18:56 AM

Correct, JCE wrote (on BTC I believe) that UPX made the most sense from a CPU efficiency standpoint.
And wow guys! I've woken up to a 40%+ price increase. Exciting times! Cheesy
Fumzy

Activity: 255

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 02:42:23 PM

Is the bounty program for this project still ongoing? If yes, I would really love to partake in it. If not, is there other ways for me to acquire fee tokens
secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 03:49:51 PM

\

If yes by how much?

I don't think anyone can confirm this. By my figuring, it's not possible. If CN-UPX is more efficient, it just means we'll get more hashes with the same power usage, right?. The miner doesn't use less energy or slow down when it reaches X number of hashes, it just gives more hashes for the same effort.
Korifeetxs

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:00:56 PM

But to get to mainstream adoption we need to change the mining bussiness to make it more environmental friendly and I think uPlexa is the way to go. I'll just get on my IoT bike,
I power it's CPU through pedalling and while cycling through the countryside I am mining me some uPlexa, how is that for profit?!
Lose the belly, fill the wallet and support the environment... The uPlexa-Green-Project!
whotheff

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 10:09:39 PM

\

If yes by how much?

I don't think anyone can confirm this. By my figuring, it's not possible. If CN-UPX is more efficient, it just means we'll get more hashes with the same power usage, right?. The miner doesn't use less energy or slow down when it reaches X number of hashes, it just gives more hashes for the same effort.

My point was pointed more to IoT devices.

Current reality: Banks have huge Data Centers (usually more than 1) full of servers.
Bigger banks have IBM mainframes which (when fully loaded) draw up to 30kVA.
All this is used so you can login via PC/phone/ATM and send money from account A
to account B. The money banks throw for

1. Machine cost
2. Maintenance
3. Security
4. Personnel
5. Electric cost

..are enormous.

If uPlexa can save atleast 10% of several billions by just utilizing
the power of blockchain, distributed, power-efficient, IoT computing,
then it can attempt to actually compete with richest
institutions on this planet. Imagine if it can save.. 30% of 10 billions?

An IoT device is usualy low powered, mobile or specialized to do one thing.
So when you put more load on it by mining it will start using more electricity.
So if CN-upx can be tuned for such devices properly (the now widely
stolen by other coins uPlexa android miner for example)
or any future ARM based miners, it could create a massive IoT network which
can act on it's own, while conserving electricity, compared to other blockchains
or bank DCs.

RyanDokter

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 05:31:13 AM

In terms of being "green" there are many miners turning to renewable energy to counter commercial costs of electricity.
I don't have specifics but i have seen a few saying their mining is 100%powered by solar energy or wind energy so it is possible in the right circumstances to be completely green.

I for one would like to explore this further as well at some point.
tybiboune

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 12:51:39 PM

In terms of being "green" there are many miners turning to renewable energy to counter commercial costs of electricity.
I don't have specifics but i have seen a few saying their mining is 100%powered by solar energy or wind energy so it is possible in the right circumstances to be completely green.

I for one would like to explore this further as well at some point.

I'm sorry for ruining the party here, but how is solar energy 'green '??
When you get an idea of what it requires to produce, maintain and recycle those solar panels, and the impact of it on the environment, you realise it's actually a pretty hypocritical way to go 'green' especially for big countries with a huge economy that will happily pollute the less economically developed countries to make THEIR home more 'green'..

Same with the electric cars :exploiting rare metals and underpaid workers in poor countries to produce some lovely batteries that last a few years, and then get rid of them by burying them in the same countries where they were produced. :/

So the way to greener crypto mining is more probably to focus on LESS energy spent, or eventually other energy devices that are being totally ignored for now (magnetic). Not 100 % sure about the production of magnet either, though

That upx mining bike sounds awesome, though! =)
joosep

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 09:10:03 AM

I am happy that utility nodes are coming, presently I am mining uPlexa with gpu's but they are old and I don't want buy new ones. These nodes are good to stake mined coins. Regarding green energy I think that important is all cycle and long-term impact. One component may seem very good but some other factor ruins this and there are always business and hype blinding consumers.
iisbetoq

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 01:05:22 PM

Is the bounty program for this project still ongoing? If yes, I would really love to partake in it. If not, is there other ways for me to acquire fee tokens
atm bounty only for plextor (discord members) but you can joint and win $50 on UPX
check on https://twitter.com/uPlexaCoin/status/1115415243784695808

whotheff

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 01:06:49 PM

From Core Team Today:

Utility nodes will exist on the uPlexa network this year. Utility nodes will provide the gateway to instant transactions, remove the chance of any 51% attack, help power DApps, and will be the exit nodes for our privacy network. However, PoW via IoT will continue to be the backbone of the uPlexa network. More information regarding our PoS/PoW split will come after the PoW upgrade.

Details & code for the PoW upgrade have been delayed until Tuesday, April 16th.

PoW hardfork will be scheduled for sometime between the 27th-30th.

MegaBounties will continue to be reviewed over the weekend.

Medium: https://medium.com/@uplexa

So Harj, some form of nodes will be still needed Sad
I hope Devs wil think this over very very good.
If mining is threatened, then a lot of people will leave.
So far all Dev decisions were very logical and well defined.

As a result, hashrate is steadily rising, it's 11Mh/s today.
If we add some MNs network will be lightning fast.

In the meantime, price went up to 82 sats.

Tjoplie

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 05:52:32 PM

From Core Team Today:

Utility nodes will exist on the uPlexa network this year. Utility nodes will provide the gateway to instant transactions, remove the chance of any 51% attack, help power DApps, and will be the exit nodes for our privacy network. However, PoW via IoT will continue to be the backbone of the uPlexa network. More information regarding our PoS/PoW split will come after the PoW upgrade.

Details & code for the PoW upgrade have been delayed until Tuesday, April 16th.

PoW hardfork will be scheduled for sometime between the 27th-30th.

MegaBounties will continue to be reviewed over the weekend.

Medium: https://medium.com/@uplexa
Will the new algorithm have a change for the difficulty in mining? Or will that stay the same?
Korifeetxs

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 06:25:07 PM

uPlexa is on fire today, some good price action!

Is allready known how much coins are needed tot be able to stake with this utility nodes?
With the increasing difficulty getting more coins is much so harder for me now.  I am a small player and don't have millions of coins,
so I just want to know if I am going to be able to participate and get some staking rewards.
neqniox

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 06:49:29 PM

Whilst it hasn't been official decided yet, I believe a figure 2million UPX has been discussed..
thin

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 06:54:47 PM

uPlexa is on fire today, some good price action

Indeed. Let’s hope it is a new trend for the coin, forming new highs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: