Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:41:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⛏️ [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡️ Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT  (Read 50860 times)
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 08:52:28 PM
Merited by whitespider62 (1)

Lost wallet password so restored from seed using Windows GUI. Synced local node but balance empty... rescanned wallet. No joy.

Seems like all my addresses are not showing up, only address #0...

Any idea what I may doing wrong?

>1 million UPX in there!

Thanks

Please write in Discord: https://discord.gg/cHVav3
yo'll get help faster there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
whitespider62

Activity: 18
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 08:53:47 PM

Lost wallet password so restored from seed using Windows GUI. Synced local node but balance empty... rescanned wallet. No joy.

Seems like all my addresses are not showing up, only address #0...

Any idea what I may doing wrong?

>1 million UPX in there!

Thanks

Please write in Discord: https://discord.gg/cHVav3
yo'll get help faster there.

OK thanks!
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:51:29 PM

Is  rx 480mining uplexa profitable?
Foxi3_-

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 12:34:47 AM

You can check a list of user submitted benchmarks on this page https://www.uplexamining.com/hw-benchmarks/
You hv to determined whether it is profitable for you. happy mining  Wink
RyanDokter

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 07:20:13 AM

You can check a list of user submitted benchmarks on this page https://www.uplexamining.com/hw-benchmarks/
You hv to determined whether it is profitable for you. happy mining  Wink

I think The RX cards do well on All CN Algo's but specifically on UPX i would say there is profit to be made
But it all depends on the Electricity cost in your area and other costs (hardware and storage if not locally hosted).
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2019, 01:28:29 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new algo is suited more towards
low powered devices and CPUs. GPUs should hash equally or worse
compared to decent CPUs. As far as I can see memory will be
even less and only the number of cores will matter.
Any real-world observations/benchmarks so far?

tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 01:32:06 PM

I didn't exactly get that... I got that IoT devices will get more efficiency out of mining, but that doesn't necessarily mean that gpus will get less? Anyway it's a constant run if you want to keep things CPU, and I'm not even talking IoT...

Let's wish the best for this fork
secoccular

Activity: 226

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 03:08:20 PM

I didn't exactly get that... I got that IoT devices will get more efficiency out of mining, but that doesn't necessarily mean that gpus will get less? Anyway it's a constant run if you want to keep things CPU, and I'm not even talking IoT...

Let's wish the best for this fork

It does mean GPUs will need to get less. If you look at the native hashing power of an IoT device compared to a GPU, it's no contest by a huge margin. I'm having trouble seeing how UPX could succeed in the IoT arena WITHOUT punishing the GPU miners somehow. It's just necessary if you want really distributed hash power among low-powered devices.
Korifeetxs

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 06:54:22 PM

I too think that the IoT devices must have a big advantage in comparison to GPU and maybe even certain CPU's (if possible). But that should be a matter of time and maturity (in lifetime) of the coin/project. Right now a steady base of followers, fans and users is the most important thing at this stage. Later on the development wil no doubt be aimed at punishing or surpressing miners on GPU or something comparable (whatever we have  say 5 years from now). In this timespan the number of IoT devices will have grown big time as well which, apart from price, will need to have such system in place to be viable. Could a hashing limitation per device be an option, when you reach a certain amount of networksupport?   
secoccular

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 09:21:05 PM

I too think that the IoT devices must have a big advantage in comparison to GPU and maybe even certain CPU's (if possible). But that should be a matter of time and maturity (in lifetime) of the coin/project. Right now a steady base of followers, fans and users is the most important thing at this stage. Later on the development wil no doubt be aimed at punishing or surpressing miners on GPU or something comparable (whatever we have  say 5 years from now). In this timespan the number of IoT devices will have grown big time as well which, apart from price, will need to have such system in place to be viable. Could a hashing limitation per device be an option, when you reach a certain amount of networksupport?  

The issue with what you're saying will be, with a huge head start by GPU miners, later UPX development to enable IoT devices will be too late. You can't make an IoT device hash more than it will, and it will never be more than a tiny bit compared to GPU. So where were headed is the GPU miners will have huge stashes built up. Later, when IoT devices start to mine, the hash rates will be poor enough they'll never catch the head start GPU had. It's like trying to mine with an android miner--you just can't get enough hashing to make it profitable compared to a decent CPU, and a decent CPU can't touch a decent GPU (unless there's effort to equalize the hashing).

The rational thing would be to punish GPU miners immediately, before their mining destroys the chance of IoT mining getting off the ground. But until then, I encourage all GPU miners that like the project to mine the heck out it and build up your stash while you can. I think GPU miners are the biggest threat to this coin, and yes I'm one of them. Smiley
Gi01

Activity: 342
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 11:26:03 PM

This project has a good lay out plan and roadmap, but I will like to find out the current progress and state of this project. are the set plans on the roadmap for the first year of the launch of the project achieved ?
RyanDokter

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 06:33:23 AM

This project has a good lay out plan and roadmap, but I will like to find out the current progress and state of this project. are the set plans on the roadmap for the first year of the launch of the project achieved ?

Absolutely! I have been with the community pretty much from the beginning and i have yet to see the Devs miss a deadline by more then a couple of days or without proper notification.
This DEV team is pretty solid and dare i say better then most of the top ten crowd!

Better yet there is always someone in the community willing to help out if the Dev team is to busy to respond right away, but in most cases they are pretty much on top of things.
tybiboune

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 10:08:06 AM

I too think that the IoT devices must have a big advantage in comparison to GPU and maybe even certain CPU's (if possible). But that should be a matter of time and maturity (in lifetime) of the coin/project. Right now a steady base of followers, fans and users is the most important thing at this stage. Later on the development wil no doubt be aimed at punishing or surpressing miners on GPU or something comparable (whatever we have  say 5 years from now). In this timespan the number of IoT devices will have grown big time as well which, apart from price, will need to have such system in place to be viable. Could a hashing limitation per device be an option, when you reach a certain amount of networksupport?   
That sounds like a nightmare to get working Smiley) how to identify accurately whether this or that device is in the 'IoT' category or not? IoT devices can be equipped with a large range of processing units, not only arm or such... So would the hashing power inversely calculated from the processing power, for instance? XD THAT would be quite disruptive, actually =)) the less powerful your device is, the more rewards it can get, lol

I'm only half joking here actually... Wouldn't it be THE way to go mainstream and the most 'satoshi flavored' way of crypto? Because for now, whatever is done to change the mining algos, the scheme is still pretty unchanged :the more powerful your mining system is, the more reward you get... The richer you start, the richest you get. Not sure this was the way cryptocurrency was intended in the first place Smiley

Do you think there's a way to make it more 'fairly distributed'? And do you think it would favor the global value, or tu the opposite force it to stay 'in the mud'?
Mashy81

Activity: 225

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 11:34:44 AM

I ran a quick benchmark on my mix vega/rx570 rig and I am seeing about 25%higher hashrate than Pico. So the UPX2 algo will be great for CPUs
secoccular

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 12:35:49 PM

I ran a quick benchmark on my mix vega/rx570 rig and I am seeing about 25%higher hashrate than Pico. So the UPX2 algo will be great for CPUs

So it runs faster on GPU. What makes you say the new algo will be better for CPU? If anything, it will be worse for CPU if hashing rates for GPUs is increased as much as you say.
Korifeetxs

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 09:26:00 PM

Recapping from what I saw here and in discord, the most hashing progress is in the Androidminer, then CPU, then GPU? The way I see it then only a series of those hardforks will get the Android/IoT devices on top of CPU and GPU so the devs are already doing it right:-) (Man I wish I know what I am talking about...) For now I stick with scooping up as much coins as possible and it seems this hardfork helps with just that.
joosep

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:41:26 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2019, 03:33:29 PM by joosep

Recapping from what I saw here and in discord, the most hashing progress is in the Androidminer, then CPU, then GPU? The way I see it then only a series of those hardforks will get the Android/IoT devices on top of CPU and GPU so the devs are already doing it right:-) (Man I wish I know what I am talking about...) For now I stick with scooping up as much coins as possible and it seems this hardfork helps with just that.
Often this android mining is more a symbolic function on crypto projects to compare with GPU and ISIC mining. This is vital to uPlexa to differentiate it from other coins to develop real mobil and IoT mining.
tybiboune

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 10:22:20 AM

Honesty I dont think there's a way to advantage Android miners compared to regular cpu /gpu miners...
Make it easier on android yup, but that should make it easier too for reg cpu. For gpu it's another matter, but anyway pushing gpu owners away is not necessarily the best option to keep a good network hashrate
babkaVkedax

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 12:06:18 PM

New wallets & daemons will be available tomorrow April 23rd (suggest you update!).
 A message will be posted when all new wallets are available.
YOUR MINERS WILL REQUIRE AN UPDATE!
Supported miners:

XMRig-UPX v0.0.4 will be available April 24th.
 UPX Android Miner v 0.1.2 - April 24th
 FruityMiner v2.0 - April 25th
 XMRigCC - Supported (date not confirmed)
 SRBMiner - Supported (date not confirmed)
 Required updates for POOLs:
node-upx-hashing (node-cryptonight-hashing fork) - April 24th
 UPXTWO IS LIVE ON TESTNET Testnet pool: upx-testnut.poolbux.com (No GUI).

---------------------------------------------
Where is the new miner?
 Huh Huh Huh Huh
iisbetoq

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 03:57:42 PM

Where is the new miner?

check here bro https://uplexa.com/9

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: