Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:16:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⛏️ [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡️ Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT  (Read 50867 times)
Cappex

Activity: 571
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 08:26:45 AM

I heard some rumors about new uPlexa exchange listing.
Can anyone confirm this?
I'll be glad if I see UPX on more exchanges.
where bro? interesting news... i am so excited and curious about the new pos system and his potential. can be a game change for our lovely project...

Now I understand it. Since Stex announced KYC at the end of the year and UPX is a privacy coin,
they ar enow switching to a decentralized exchange. Here is the original announcement:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$UPX BISQ LISTING!
In a decentralized era, you should be trading on decentralized exchanges. Now you may trade uPlexa on
BISQ DEX!

https://bisq.network/

https://twitter.com/uPlexaCoin/status/1189547587017162752

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow, great step forward... i have received the notify on discord about the new listing... this is the right way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 08:33:19 AM

Last day before halving, anybody excited to see what the price will be tomorrow?

Btw, your change to have a decentralised go at getting some uPLexa:
Yesterday it was announced that UPX is added to Bisq DEX, a great step to further decentralisation!
https://twitter.com/uPlexaCoin/status/1189547587017162752
https://bisq.network/
check it out!
BISQ is another step in the decentralization / privacy direction. This road is a rocky one though, as we know that all the governments will OFFICIALLY fight against all kinds of privacy projects (I'm mentioning "officially", because we all know that behind the curtains they'll be more than happy to use those private networks for their shady transactions...)
But it's definitely another proof of consistency from the Team : they walk their talk.

So, congrats for the BISQ listing!

Although this milestone also has a downside, because this exchange requires installing an app on your device (phone or computer), and I remember last time I tried to use it it didn't feel very intuitive. So maybe that's a step towards decentralization and privacy, but it might also be a step backwards concerning mass adoption & ease of use & access... Do you guys think it can be possible to find a good balance between privacy/decentralization, AND ease of use?

As far as price is concerned, I don't really think the halving will have any kind of influence on the price, but please prove me wrong guys Smiley
thesudio

Activity: 109

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 09:40:16 AM

Hi guys what version of electralight windows wallet am i meant to be using? is the latest version on the website good to go for Nov 1?

Here is the updated wallet:

https://github.com/uPlexa/electralight-wallet/releases/tag/v0.2.0?source=post_page-----e30013ccac4----------------------

Please note guys this version was updated 22 days ago Quantum Leaper has said he will update it shortly, I will update here when he does.

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
thesudio

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 07:18:05 PM

Ok everyone Electralight update is live, Halving happens later today so make sure to update asap.

https://github.com/uPlexa/electralight-wallet/releases/tag/v0.2.1

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
Korifeetxs

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 07:17:42 AM

Ok, halving is complete! Fee reduction by more than 5 times, that's all good news! Congrats uPlexa team for making that happen!
Price action has not followed yet, remains the same as before halving. I consider that a good thing for now, since I can get more Utility Nodes for a bargain price:-)

Anyone thinking the price will increase towards Steadfast Storm? Or only after the roll-out of the e-commerce part and getting a real usecase?
TheDragons23

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 08:21:25 AM

Ok, halving is complete! Fee reduction by more than 5 times, that's all good news! Congrats uPlexa team for making that happen!
Price action has not followed yet, remains the same as before halving. I consider that a good thing for now, since I can get more Utility Nodes for a bargain price:-)

Anyone thinking the price will increase towards Steadfast Storm? Or only after the roll-out of the e-commerce part and getting a real usecase?

Unfortunately the price has not increased at all with halving, about the e-commerce part. I would love if someone would figure out a way to make a uPlexa atm or something i dont know at this point. I'd also like to know if the team is working on getting like uPlexa onto e-shops and irl shops too, if anyone knows please reply!
tybiboune

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 10:21:07 AM

hi everyone ! happy Forkloween Wink

So, as I was expected, halving didn't change anything to the price...No surprise here! Smiley
What changes prices is hype / crazy BS shilling, OR real good stuff happening.

The real good stuff will be when the coin is getting used, not only mined and traded.

Nobody reacted to my topic 'decentralization/privacy OR accessibility/ease of use : do you think there is a choice to make, and what would be yours?'? Smiley
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2019, 12:51:37 PM
Merited by davis196 (1)

So, as I was expected, halving didn't change anything to the price...No surprise here! Smiley

The real good stuff will be when the coin is getting used, not only mined and traded.

Nobody reacted to my topic 'decentralization/privacy OR accessibility/ease of use : do you think there is a choice to make, and what would be yours?'? Smiley

I'll take all 3 of them.

If I take only Privacy, all crooks will try to use it for illegal means which is bad for the image.
If I take Accessibility, mighty $Dollar is accessible, Paypal is accessible, Visa is accessible...
If I take Decentralization, it has no value without the two above. If no government can control my money, but everyone
can see my transactions then it again is a no go.

So I'll take all 3 of them. Not an easy problem to solve. But even if it does not solve it, at least it will bring inspiration
to the later generations (as Satoshi did it for us with Bitcoin).

Cappex

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 08:41:10 PM

this is our bet, there are too many differences between what is necessary do and what we can do... for example why in this epoch there are people without food and city with a food in excess to finish in junk, or why we continue buy petrol for our car when there are alternative, why we pay electricity if there are solutions for free energy... and finally why we continue use dollar or euro with an infinite supply certaily devalueble in time? because we aren't free, we cannot live outside the system... we are slave to unusefull things, i see the entier cryptospace like the most revolutionary method to take our freedom back...

for reply at your question i think that accessibily/easy to use is the key for reach the masses... decentralization/privacy is the necessity for be free.
thesudio

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 01:53:46 AM

On the topic of decentralization and UPX listing on bisq. Here is a resource Komodo released, obviously biaaed but raises great points on what to look out for but since bisq isnt compared i wonder if we can reach out to them to see how they fair against the competition...?

https://komodoplatform.com/decentralized-exchange/

whotheff

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 08:26:29 AM

On the topic of decentralization and UPX listing on bisq. Here is a resource Komodo released, obviously biaaed but raises great points on what to look out for but since bisq isnt compared i wonder if we can reach out to them to see how they fair against the competition...?

Wow, pretty extensive article on DEXs. Thanks for it, I learned a lot (although I did not understand everything).
Maybe uPlexa team can consider listing to other DEXes than Bisq?

Now here are my after fork mining results: I mine almost the same amount of coins as before.
I cannot explain it, but it's a fact. The only difference is the slightly lower network difficulty.
But it is not that low either.

Has anyone else observed almost same mining results after the fork compared to before it?

tybiboune

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 12:42:19 PM

Wow, pretty extensive article on DEXs. Thanks for it, I learned a lot (although I did not understand everything).

Now here are my after fork mining results: I mine almost the same amount of coins as before.
I cannot explain it, but it's a fact. The only difference is the slightly lower network difficulty.

Has anyone else observed almost same mining results after the fork compared to before it?

That link is really interesting and an eye opener!

About the mining rewards, I'd say it usually balances itself quite nicely, as some whales will leave the network, making the overall profitability better for those who stay.

I haven't tried mining recently so I can't say more, are you still having the same income after some days? What kind of rig are you mining with?
Korifeetxs

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 01:44:39 PM

Yes, interesting indeed. What I take away from it is that DEX's are not yet simple enough for the general audience. To much hassle to get from one currency to another, moving in and out of wallets, take to many steps compared to the monetary system we use today. Other then that there, to the potential cryptonewbies there is no sense of urgence to change to crypto. As long as there is no other incentive, like the easy money in the bullrun 2017, they will stay away from it and explosive growth is not going to happen.

this is our bet, there are too many differences between what is necessary do and what we can do... for example why in this epoch there are people without food and city with a food in excess to finish in junk, or why we continue buy petrol for our car when there are alternative, why we pay electricity if there are solutions for free energy... and finally why we continue use dollar or euro with an infinite supply certaily devalueble in time? because we aren't free, we cannot live outside the system... we are slave to unusefull things, i see the entier cryptospace like the most revolutionary method to take our freedom back...

for reply at your question i think that accessibily/easy to use is the key for reach the masses... decentralization/privacy is the necessity for be free.
Posted on: November 01, 2019, 12:51:37 PMPosted by: whotheff

That's exactly what I mean: if we are able to generate a sense of urgence to change, growth in crypto will happen far more quickly. And so will DEX's...
...Interesting discussion: anyone more on this?

I stopped mining right at the fork, will give it a try.

Cappex

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 10:00:43 PM

the mining's difficult is sensibly reduced after the fork but i think the real reason is the pair upx/eth on stex... price fall down and the miners goes to another profitable coins... they are remain are the sostenitor of the project.
i will check my stats after monday but i think that now we obtain less coins than before.
TheDragons23

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 12:13:36 AM

About the mining rewards, I'd say it usually balances itself quite nicely, as some whales will leave the network, making the overall profitability better for those who stay.

I haven't tried mining recently so I can't say more, are you still having the same income after some days? What kind of rig are you mining with?

Yea, unfortunately due to halving and everything else i've turned off my miners for now. will be turning them on again when the price increases and some of the big miners leave. How about everyone else?
thesudio

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 01:35:31 AM

Mining income dropped with price and now itll be half that, i have been mining BEAM and swapping for btc on binance and buying upx which has been much better returns but beam also had a halving of price recently lol

thesudio

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 01:36:14 AM

It would be interesting to see what changes in behavior mining pools have noticed since the UPX halving...

whotheff

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2019, 09:30:46 AM

Yea, unfortunately due to halving and everything else i've turned off my miners for now. will be turning them on again when the price increases and some of the big miners leave. How about everyone else?

I turned on my miners to see if the reward is really halved, but instead I'm getting almost the same yield from same CPUs.
So either because of dificulty or something else. Since I'm not selling, I don't care about the price.

@thesudio

What changes do you expect them to notice?

Cappex

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 09:37:35 AM

if you believe in this project this is the right moment to run your machines at full speed... we are not focused at the this price but at him future potential.
thesudio

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 08:09:40 AM

I turned on my miners to see if the reward is really halved, but instead I'm getting almost the same yield from same CPUs.
So either because of dificulty or something else. Since I'm not selling, I don't care about the price.

@thesudio

What changes do you expect them to notice?

Yeah my motive is to aquire enough to run 3 nodes and i only have a single gaming machine with a 1080ti the price is too good right now to pass up lol

I wonder if more little rigs will join up or see if higher hash rate miners leave for other coins. My hope is we grt more decentralized i wanna see upx mining apps for android tvs that activate when its got no display inputs or phone miners that turn on during inactive hours ect coupled with nice guis... i wish i was more programming savvy instead of data entry type layman stuff lol id build it for upx myself

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: