Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:34:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ✅ SwC Poker ♣️ BITCOIN POKER ♣️ Hold'em✅ PLO✅ Mixed✅ MTT✅ ♣️ BBJ🌟 ♣️ BIG BTC🏆  (Read 87135 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (289 posts by 2 users with 3 merit deleted.)
SwC_Poker (OP)

Activity: 816
Merit: 140

Official SwC Poker Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2020, 05:53:25 AM

We are currently experiencing network issues with our hosting provider. We will be back online as soon as it's resolved.

SwC_Poker (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2020, 01:03:28 AM

THURSDAY DOUBLES BEGIN IN 1 HOUR

Play both A and B tournaments at the same time.

The player with the best combined finish in A and B will win the weekly bonus.

Win both A and B and you will also win the progressive bonus!

SwC_Poker (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2020, 12:35:10 PM

SwC Poker has upgraded password security. In a recent incident, several accounts with weak passwords exhibited unusual activity. Out of an abundance of caution, we are requiring all players to reset their passwords, substantially increasing the minimum requirements. We strongly encourage the use of 2-factor authentication, and it may soon become mandatory.

Funds are safe, as the vast majority of player funds are held offline. The players affected by this incident will be made whole by SwC.

SkyReVo

Activity: 171
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 01:41:30 PM

SwC Poker has upgraded password security. In a recent incident, several accounts with weak passwords exhibited unusual activity. Out of an abundance of caution, we are requiring all players to reset their passwords, substantially increasing the minimum requirements. We strongly encourage the use of 2-factor authentication, and it may soon become mandatory.

Funds are safe, as the vast majority of player funds are held offline. The players affected by this incident will be made whole by SwC.

I have reset my password and tried to log in, yet I am just asked to reset my password again.
I already have 2FA on, so I don't understand why this is necessary for those people.

While I am here, I was wondering yesterday whether every entry counts for the Double Thursday or just the first one, maybe you can clear that up. Thanks.
SwC_Poker (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2020, 02:42:28 PM

Every entry is eligible to win the Thursday Doubles bonuses. Only the best finish in A and the best finish in B from each player are considered when determining the weekly bonus.

WhiterWhites

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 05:13:01 PM

I can't remember which email I used for my SWC account.  I'm not even sure it was a legit email or if it was a legit email that I know the password for it anymore. How should I proceed?  I had over .1 btc in my account.
AlexTrebbert

Activity: 51
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 07:09:01 PM

Can we please get a little more detail on what information was hacked/leaked?  Were user's emails leaked? Were user's passwords leaked.
Catsarecool

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 09:07:30 PM

I use a Yahoo email and haven't gotten the password reset link.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 11:01:42 PM

are you saying there was a database compromise, or suspicion of one? or is this more like the binance "hack" last year where phished users had their accounts drained?

not a big deal for me since everything associated with my SwC account is a throwaway, but i also feel very lucky that i was able to find the right email and reset my password just now.

is anyone who can't log into their associated email just locked out of their SwC account?

SwC_Poker (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2020, 01:01:02 AM

FRIDAY FRENZY STARTS IN 1 HOUR

THURSDAY DOUBLES RECAP

The player with the best combined finish was HandyJay with 1st and 2nd place finishes.

Congratulations to HandyJay for winning this week's bonus of 5,600 chips!

Next week's progressive bonus for winning both tournaments will now be 62,200!

If you do not remember the email address used for your account, used a non-functional email address, or have any other issues related to password reset, please email support@swcpoker.eu and they will assist you.

Support is currently working through each individual case to help users during this process. It may take a few hours to respond to your request, but they are working hard to have a fast turnaround time.

Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 01:43:14 AM

is anyone who can't log into their associated email just locked out of their SwC account?
It looks that way, I tried to log in before work quick and forgot which email I used. I'll try again with a few emails tonight if not I guess I'll have to fire off an email in the morning.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Mooncryptee
Copper Member

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 01:51:39 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2020, 03:32:24 PM by mprep

are you saying there was a database compromise, or suspicion of one? or is this more like the binance "hack" last year where phished users had their accounts drained?

not a big deal for me since everything associated with my SwC account is a throwaway, but i also feel very lucky that i was able to find the right email and reset my password just now.

So the site has been hacked recently? What about the data stored, are they hacked as well? I feel like the site admin has to address this problem if they want to build a safe platform where players feel confident about the site and need not worry. Even though funds are safely stored, the data lost to hackers could be damaging to players.

[moderator's note: removed fake signature]
AlexTrebbert

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 10:39:01 PM

Any thoughts on lowering the BBJ table stakes. The lowest stakes BBJ table is 25/50. When SWC 3.0 launched, Bitcoin was approximately $6,000 USD a coin making the 25/50 game a $30 USD max buy-in.  At $18,000 USD a coin, the current max buy-in for 25/50 is $90 USD.
AlexTrebbert

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 10:55:36 PM

Since SWC is radio silent with regards to the hacked accounts, I will do my best to speculate on what has happened.

SWC has no security measures currently set up to prevent a brute force attack. A hacker can proceed to just try password after password with zero repercussions. So instead of developing a more secure site, SWC has decided to make the users responsible for increasing the security of accounts by requiring everyone to change their password to one with a minimum of 12 characters.   This solution requires no software development. This solution also doesn't prevent a brute force attack. It just makes it more difficult. I think a better solution would be one of the following: 1) make it so that after X amount of failed log in attempts an account is red flagged or locked, 2) log in with your email address instead of a very public screen name.
WhiterWhites

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 10:58:49 PM

Since SWC is radio silent with regards to the hacked accounts, I will do my best to speculate on what has happened.

SWC has no security measures currently set up to prevent a brute force attack. A hacker can proceed to just try password after password with zero repercussions. So instead of developing a more secure site, SWC has decided to make the users responsible for increasing the security of accounts by requiring everyone to change their password to one with a minimum of 12 characters.   This solution requires no software development. This solution also doesn't prevent a brute force attack. It just makes it more difficult. I think a better solution would be one of the following: 1) make it so that after X amount of failed log in attempts an account is red flagged or locked, 2) log in with your email address instead of a very public screen name.

Would be nice to know if this is true.  Can we get an official update please?  I would like to know what was or was not leaked.
ThatOneGuyOnHere

Activity: 38
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 12:01:01 AM

Would be nice to know if this is true.  Can we get an official update please?  I would like to know what was or was not leaked.

I'm pretty sure they've had to unlock my account for me before after trying to log into many times incorrectly when I was setting up MFA. So I don't think that's the case.
egghino

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 09:48:03 PM

I tried to reset my password but I did not receive any email.
As of now, I'm locked out.

What should I do?Huh
egghino

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 10:01:03 PM

I tried to reset my password but I did not receive any email.
As of now, I'm locked out.

What should I do?Huh

BTW,

I'm using 2FA since at least 2016
AlexTrebbert

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 10:41:24 PM

Can you please move the buy-in back up to 10k? The prize pool has been lower every week since the buy in was lowered from 10k to 5k.  It used to be 80 - 120k. The highest prize pool of the 1st 3 weeks of this tourney as a 5k was about 70k. And now it didn't even meet the minimum number of players to run. The 10k ran more than 75% of the time.  This is obviously a failed experiment.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 11:07:45 PM

Any thoughts on lowering the BBJ table stakes. The lowest stakes BBJ table is 25/50. When SWC 3.0 launched, Bitcoin was approximately $6,000 USD a coin making the 25/50 game a $30 USD max buy-in.  At $18,000 USD a coin, the current max buy-in for 25/50 is $90 USD.

+1. throw us a bone and lower the minimum stake to 10/20.

SWC has no security measures currently set up to prevent a brute force attack. A hacker can proceed to just try password after password with zero repercussions. So instead of developing a more secure site, SWC has decided to make the users responsible for increasing the security of accounts by requiring everyone to change their password to one with a minimum of 12 characters.

that's quite troubling if true. how hard is it to rate limit login attempts at least? Roll Eyes

i guess i've been lucky thus far because tbh my password was pretty weak. this is a definite wake up call to add 2fa.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: