Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:22:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
Error404

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:42:01 AM

Bitcoin , gold can stolen from us from your trusted people everybody changes in terms of money , they not know about bitcoin but gold ? everybody knows it and everybody wants it so being practical in life
PryptoMontreal

Activity: 588
Merit: 285

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:58:46 AM

Gold is way better investment. Gold can be used to make jewelries and other stuffs and you can show off but can't do much with bitcoins. If the matter is of price rise, both need patience. We can't predict how will prices vary in future.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:01:12 PM

Bitcoin popularity how much running day by day it's not very much far not only Gold in this world every business should deals by great Bitcoin. Gold and Bitcoin almost similar who have Bitcoin they can buy anytime any moment everywhere Gold and who have gold they can buy too both is I think related each others and both is valuable things.

Bitcoin and Gold doesnt correspond to each other because bitcoin is a short term investment but gold is a long term investment so both of them is much a like just as investments but both of them doesnt affected to each other. Their market doesnt same too. And gold is more valuable things since their market is much much more larger than bitcoin plus bot of their price is a matter. Gold will rise every year but it doesnt go to bitcoin that still have a volatile price until now
How is Bitcoin a short term investment?
Anyone that is on here should be aiming 10+ years, anything less and it's a waste of time and you'll likely sell way too early and lose money.
Gold, it is what is. It may take half a lifetime for a pump and meanwhile stay solid. Not very exciting investment wise.

With that volatile price how are you going to make this investment in a long term? You can use pumping and dumping type right? Not asking you to sell all of your bitcoin directly and get one time profit. From what I know gold price is never been volatile compare to bitcoin and the price will never going down pas this 10 years so it will make gold a great investment in this lifetime
AlgoSwan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

ancap

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:14:13 PM

Compare these two charts and ask yourself which one has more room for upside?

BTC chart:

And yes gold chart is a bit outdated. But the current situation is very similar to above chart. We all know it jumped into 1900's and crash below 1200's now.

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 03:01:01 PM

Random data invariably shows some pattern, so you can take any source of data, find some seeming correlation and adduce it as a proof of your point (whatever it might be)...

Nothing to compare here

AlgoSwan

ancap

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:03:08 PM

Random data invariably shows some pattern, so you can take any source of data, find some seeming correlation and adduce it as a proof of your point (whatever it might be)...

Nothing to compare here
Another random walk academics and/or efficient market theorist.

So, you think all these (W.D. Gann, R. N. Elliott, John Bollinger, and many others) hard workers wrong?

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 05:33:57 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 06:00:44 PM by deisik

Nothing to compare here
Another random walk academics and/or efficient market theorist.

So, you think all these (W.D. Gann, R. N. Elliott, John Bollinger, and many others) hard workers wrong?

Lol, it seems that you don't even see that what I said is actually contrary to the idea of an efficient market. Regarding Ralph Elliott and Co, they are as right as a broken clock is correct about twice daily. For anyone curious, I personally tested EUR-USD tick data for a few years time span with different incremental settings, and, you guess, the data confirms virtually any assumption about repetitive patterns that you can only think of, given the right settings...

But I wouldn't risk my money on using found patterns as a basis for a trading strategy. It might work (for some time), but that would be purely coincidental, alas

zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:45:28 PM

The old school people still think: "physical gold is way more safe then anything else, particularly on a long enough timeline. I personally don't trust the math behind crypto". I don't seem to be able to combine old people into the safety of BTC.

I agree the people should change their mindsets who are totally dependent on the gold as a investment tool there are many new products in market which can replace gold and can give better rate on investment and bitcoin is one of them so presently it would be good decision to invest in bitcoin as compared to gold
AlgoSwan

ancap

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:15:41 PM

I personally tested EUR-USD tick data for a few years time span with different incremental settings, and, you guess, the data confirms virtually any assumption about repetitive patterns that you can only think of, given the right settings...

But I wouldn't risk my money on using found patterns as a basis for a trading strategy. It might work (for some time), but that would be purely coincidental, alas
Believe me you are in the same boat with Nassim Nicholas Taleb (a well known random walker).

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 07:13:43 PM

I personally tested EUR-USD tick data for a few years time span with different incremental settings, and, you guess, the data confirms virtually any assumption about repetitive patterns that you can only think of, given the right settings...

Believe me you are in the same boat with Nassim Nicholas Taleb (a well known random walker).

As another curiosity, in my tests I didn't find a single example of the ZigZag pattern (5-3 wave with a break-out) of the EUR-USD pair in the tested period of 2 recent years for any price change. And I used precise data, that is, a constant train of individual trades (not averages)...

AlgoSwan

ancap

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:18:10 PM

As another curiosity, in my tests I didn't find a single example of the ZigZag pattern (5-3 wave with a break-through) of the EUR-USD pair in the tested period of 2 recent years for any price change. And I used precise data, that is, a constant train of individual trades (not averages)...
You're looking a noisy time frame. Try longer time-frames.

zendantom

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:25:08 PM

The old school people still think: "physical gold is way more safe then anything else, particularly on a long enough timeline. I personally don't trust the math behind crypto". I don't seem to be able to combine old people into the safety of BTC.

Things are changing and so the mindsets and the behavior of an individual people everytime wants something new every one trusts gold more as compare to bitcoin but now time has come that we need to experiment something new risk is involved in both the products and it totally depends on the future and luck factor and the decision which could profitable or may incur losses in the future.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 07:34:50 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 10:09:49 PM by deisik

As another curiosity, in my tests I didn't find a single example of the ZigZag pattern (5-3 wave with a break-through) of the EUR-USD pair in the tested period of 2 recent years for any price change. And I used precise data, that is, a constant train of individual trades (not averages)...
You're looking a noisy time frame. Try longer time-frames.

You don't understand. I didn't use time frames at all. I took price changes (in fact a reasonable range with the lowest possible increment within that range for a single test), irrelevant of time frames (you can think of a floating time frame). Thereby I removed noise altogether and left only pivotal points (i.e. price changes greater than a given cut-off price change)...

That revealed the true randomness of the EUR-USD pair price movements

wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:31:22 PM

I agree the people should change their mindsets who are totally dependent on the gold as a investment tool there are many new products in market which can replace gold and can give better rate on investment and bitcoin is one of them so presently it would be good decision to invest in bitcoin as compared to gold

Just remember Daddy is Daddy You cannot ignore this fact and if you compare bitcoin and gold to each other the the gold is daddy and you cannot afford to miss the history that gold has given to the world people trust gold more over the bitcoin as the history answers everything.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 10:32:31 AM

Things are changing and so the mindsets and the behavior of an individual people everytime wants something new every one trusts gold more as compare to bitcoin but now time has come that we need to experiment something new risk is involved in both the products and it totally depends on the future and luck factor and the decision which could profitable or may incur losses in the future.

yes but I think the gold is one of the best investment until now, because the price is constant and never drop a lot year by year.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 10:43:20 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2015, 12:01:57 PM by deisik

yes but I think the gold is one of the best investment until now, because the price is constant and never drop a lot year by year.

Gold is still the best money out there. You can take any fiat (US dollars, Swiss franc, British pound, whatever) and gold will be hands down winning against it through decades...

So historically gold is the best option for a retirement plan (if you plan to live that long)

Error404

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:02:32 AM

Gold is way better investment. Gold can be used to make jewelries and other stuffs and you can show off but can't do much with bitcoins. If the matter is of price rise, both need patience. We can't predict how will prices vary in future.
Hahahahaha Why are you continuing reply/post to the other person ? if bitcoin waste your time bitcoin is also wasting time for you because you join in this community because you want and no one force you to join this and dont blame bitcoin for wasting your time
nayakayush2

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:16:46 AM

Few things that you should keep in mind
Gold has a long history as a storage of wealth. Gold price very much relates to the confidence of the Dollar/price of oil.
There is some speculation being priced-in to the current price of Bitcoin. The technology looks promising, but whether it will go mainstream in the short/long term as a storage of wealth or as a currency remains to be seen.
Fat Ronaldo

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:29:26 AM

Hahahahaha Why are you continuing reply/post to the other person ? if bitcoin waste your time bitcoin is also wasting time for you because you join in this community because you want and no one force you to join this and dont blame bitcoin for wasting your time

He's probably just trolling but I think bitcoin is a much better investment and also a far superior currency. True, gold has intrinsic value but you can't really use it to buy things nor can you send it around the world in seconds. It has it's use as jewelry etc but who really cares about having gold jewelry?
Error404

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:30:51 AM

Few things that you should keep in mind
Gold has a long history as a storage of wealth. Gold price very much relates to the confidence of the Dollar/price of oil.
There is some speculation being priced-in to the current price of Bitcoin. The technology looks promising, but whether it will go mainstream in the short/long term as a storage of wealth or as a currency remains to be seen.

but mining gold is not a good for our mother earth some mining company abused mining they not follow rules for mining golds they infringed the law and the affected for this mining was our mother earth look earth some calamities was a huge and no mercy calamity its affects people whos not suitable for the punishment of our nature
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: