Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:28:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:44:08 PM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?
because bitcoin will bankrupt / smthing

and gold u can keep it until u die xD
no one investment is safe, not gold,bitcoin,property or etc. every investment have a risk and gold in this year drop -40%

No investment guarantees you the success. It is better to diversify the investments in different products. But for me I choose Gold over bitcoin as Gold have many satisfied customers who have invested in the past and have earned good profits too. So I would choose to invest in Gold rather then bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:48:40 PM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?

no one investment is safe, not gold,bitcoin,property or etc. every investment have a risk and gold in this year drop -40%

No investment guarantees you the success. It is better to diversify the investments in different products. But for me I choose Gold over bitcoin as Gold have many satisfied customers who have invested in the past and have earned good profits too. So I would choose to invest in Gold rather then bitcoins.

To invest you must risk, we can see in history how often people lose by their investment or didnt get all the invest at the end
torrentheaven

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:55:49 PM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?

To invest you must risk, we can see in history how often people lose by their investment or didnt get all the invest at the end

Risk will always follow when it comes to invetment. No investment is sure shot success. The luck factor is also important when it comes to an investment. And I think real estate is one field which is better then bitcoin or gold as the value keeps on increasing day by day and after 5 to 10 years your investment is almost doubled.
pureelite

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:45:25 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

As much as the value of Bitcoin, gold will always have more value, I think even in the distant future, so I think you should choose gold than before Bitcoin, although I think it's a great thing Bitcoin.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:50:56 AM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?

Why would you buy gold just to keep it until you die?

Well if you have a family to take care about then yes. My grandfather left me a .999 gold watch that  i inherited, and he bought it on his first salary in the 40's.

Now you can buy 3 houses with it....

It does preserve wealth.

However i dont have descendands so i just rather invest in get-rich-quick models, and so far being succesful.

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:26:03 AM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?

Every investments sure got risk, whether it is high risk high gain or low risk low gain, it depends on yourself though. Actually it depends on which investment do you take. And you need to diversify it to make the risk lower so if you fail on this investment you still got others to cover the loss so you wont lose much on one investment
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:44:16 AM

In my opinion, definitely Bitcoin mate. Gold is falling and will be falling in the near future.
Take a look at this:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-gold-is-falling-and-wont-get-up-again-2015-07-20?mod=mw_share_twitter
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:02:51 PM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?

Risk will always follow when it comes to invetment. No investment is sure shot success. The luck factor is also important when it comes to an investment. And I think real estate is one field which is better then bitcoin or gold as the value keeps on increasing day by day and after 5 to 10 years your investment is almost doubled.

I have invested in many platforms what were cloud mining, i got some proffit at the beginning but at then end i was scammed.
So must be always careful when we choose to invest somewhere
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:07:12 PM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?

Every investments sure got risk, whether it is high risk high gain or low risk low gain, it depends on yourself though. Actually it depends on which investment do you take. And you need to diversify it to make the risk lower so if you fail on this investment you still got others to cover the loss so you wont lose much on one investment
It all back in timing, when you see is your chance to make investment and get profit but you must know when you must stop.
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 04:10:22 PM

Gold, it has industrial use, been used a lot longer, has more trust and much bigger exposure, it would be the wisest and less risky investment to just keep your savings safe.

On the other hand, you want make a huge profit, might even lose some. At best you keep your savings at the rate you bought the gold for.

Apart from that, why are people never talking about palladium, platinum etc?

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 05:14:32 PM

Gold, it has industrial use, been used a lot longer, has more trust and much bigger exposure, it would be the wisest and less risky investment to just keep your savings safe.

On the other hand, you want make a huge profit, might even lose some. At best you keep your savings at the rate you bought the gold for.

20% VAT here on the UK on silver, platinum and palladium.

Gold is VAT free and if you buy gold legal tender like sovereigns, Britannia's etc. they are capital gains tax free too Smiley
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:15:02 PM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?

I have invested in many platforms what were cloud mining, i got some proffit at the beginning but at then end i was scammed.

Cloud mining is not a great invesment though, that is like a ponzi and you will end up in losing. Ponzi will never earn you money and that is not something you should invest on. There are still many solid investments out there that have solid payout too, so choose wisely about your investment and remember to diversify it to cover the risk
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:54:39 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

As much as the value of Bitcoin, gold will always have more value, I think even in the distant future, so I think you should choose gold than before Bitcoin, although I think it's a great thing Bitcoin.

bitcoin is going to have a greater value than gold in the future, it did already surpass gold one time it can certainly do it another time, and this because gold, is going to be dumped like no tomorrow, under 1k

see the prediction on 200-400 gold in the speculation thread
stromma44

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:21:30 PM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?

Yeah even I was planning to invest in cloud mining, but one of my expert friend suggested me not to invest in it, he told me at the early stage they will pay you in the beginning but at the end it would be turn out to be a scam, and the same thing happened, so I was lucky enough not to loose my money in it.
Scamc0p

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:25:22 PM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?

This is what I like about it. It is a physical object you can keep safe for a rainy day when times are tough, you know it will hold some of it's value for a long time.
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:29:28 PM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?

This is what I like about it. It is a physical object you can keep safe for a rainy day when times are tough, you know it will hold some of it's value for a long time.

Well I would not completely underestimate bitcoin if I was you guys. Keep your gold, but also don't forget to keep a small part of that gold in Bitcoin as well.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:54:21 PM

20% VAT here on the UK on silver, platinum and palladium.

Gold is VAT free and if you buy gold legal tender like sovereigns, Britannia's etc. they are capital gains tax free too Smiley

Good job United Kingdom for this fair VAT free for GOLD, this strategy must be applied in most of the countries of the world.
This increase the chances to buy and sell more gold.
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:22:45 PM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?

Well I would not completely underestimate bitcoin if I was you guys. Keep your gold, but also don't forget to keep a small part of that gold in Bitcoin as well.

Keeping the gold was always a good thing, and has it's own value that doesnt change too much like bitcoin
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:37:08 AM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?

Keeping the gold was always a good thing, and has it's own value that doesnt change too much like bitcoin

Exactly. I bet on Gold over the bitcoin. Gold is more stable as compared to bitcoins and that is the reason why people trust Gold more and are attracted towards it.

On the other hand, Bitcoin is very new to the most of the people and they really don't trust it as a investment product due to its volatility.
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:55:39 AM

ofcourse i chose gold

why ?

Exactly. I bet on Gold over the bitcoin. Gold is more stable as compared to bitcoins and that is the reason why people trust Gold more and are attracted towards it.

On the other hand, Bitcoin is very new to the most of the people and they really don't trust it as a investment product due to its volatility.

I bet that gold will be more stable in the long run but ROI and potential at the moment, I would always go with bitcoin.

I know that bitcoin is much more risky than gold but that's why there is an opportunity for profits. Gold on the other side might be a safe haven for the part of your portfolio that you don't want to risk at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: