Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:33:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHA]SHACoin2 - Dead Revival - Virtual & Physical Coin - Faucet  (Read 198277 times)
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:12:59 PM

There was a fork on the 26th, and an updated wallet released. The dev has gone quiet, which sucks. The only real problem is that for some reason there seems to be some lag in the network. I think it is because people are adding nodes that are not running the updated client. I've tried to tell you guys not to add any nodes, but people keep doing it. If your wallet gets stuck on a block just close the wallet and reopen it. If your not seeing stake you either didnt update correctly, are not unlocked or simply didnt get stake.

Edit: If you read the last few pages instead of just posting your problems, you would probably find your fix.

Gettin' real fucking sick of this. I have tried EVERY THING that people have posted, read every post, talked to people on Skype. The above is pure bullshit. This coin is broken.

I mine alts, and I trade them. I have installed over 75 wallets in the last few months, and THIS is the only one that just plain refuses to work. I currently have seven wallets running on my system, none of which are giving me trouble, and two of them are coins launched within the last week.

Sounds like you should just move on. I've been mining alts for almost 2 years now and have yet to get so worked up over any of them. If what I posted previously does not help you idk what to tell you. Lots of people are synced up and running fine now. To be honest though, if this this coin is bothering you that much, you should just move on either way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mine2slow

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:23:24 PM

There was a fork on the 26th, and an updated wallet released. The dev has gone quiet, which sucks. The only real problem is that for some reason there seems to be some lag in the network. I think it is because people are adding nodes that are not running the updated client. I've tried to tell you guys not to add any nodes, but people keep doing it. If your wallet gets stuck on a block just close the wallet and reopen it. If your not seeing stake you either didnt update correctly, are not unlocked or simply didnt get stake.

Edit: If you read the last few pages instead of just posting your problems, you would probably find your fix.

Gettin' real fucking sick of this. I have tried EVERY THING that people have posted, read every post, talked to people on Skype. The above is pure bullshit. This coin is broken.

I mine alts, and I trade them. I have installed over 75 wallets in the last few months, and THIS is the only one that just plain refuses to work. I currently have seven wallets running on my system, none of which are giving me trouble, and two of them are coins launched within the last week.
I was having problems also.
Since your coins are not stuck in stake it's easy to start over.
rename your wallet.dat to wallet.datold then delete or move everything in bonus folder except wallet.datold and shacoin.conf
restart wallet. this will create a new wallet.dat and leave wallet.datold alone. get your new addy from new wallet after it's in sync and save it
you will need it in a few min. Now rename the new wallet.dat to wallet.datnew, then rename wallet.datold to wallet.dat and restart the wallet.
You should now be on the original wallet, send the coins to the new wallet. If your nervous only send 1 coin to test. now flip back to the new wallet
and wait for the deposit to arrive. this will give you a new addy and new wallet. Wait for coins to stake in new wallet.

It sounds a little confusing but worked like a charm for me. Cheesy
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:36:47 PM

Sounds like you should just move on. I've been mining alts for almost 2 years now and have yet to get so worked up over any of them. If what I posted previously does not help you idk what to tell you. Lots of people are synced up and running fine now. To be honest though, if this this coin is bothering you that much, you should just move on either way.

You're right, I should. I just hate it when things don't work no matter what you try. I will let it go now. I just got irritated by the RTFM comments, because I did. repeatedly. I gave it one more go with a completely clean install, just to see if it would behave any differently. No skin in the game this time, nothing to gain or lose.
Still hangs the sync, still don't see the whole chain, and I did read and implement everything in this thread.

Good luck guys, I'm out.

mine2slow

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:40:02 PM

You're right, I should. I just hate it when things don't work no matter what you try. I will let it go now. I just got irritated by the RTFM comments, because I did. repeatedly. I gave it one more go with a completely clean install, just to see if it would behave any differently. No skin in the game this time, nothing to gain or lose.
Still hangs the sync, still don't see the whole chain, and I did read and implement everything in this thread.

Good luck guys, I'm out.

Before you give up. check the taskmanager and make sure sha is the only wallet running. I have issues with wallets not closing sometimes
and need to manually kill the wallets with the taskmanager.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:51:36 PM

Good luck guys, I'm out.

Before you give up. check the taskmanager and make sure sha is the only wallet running. I have issues with wallets not closing sometimes
and need to manually kill the wallets with the taskmanager.
did that. also on two attempts did a clean install in a vm with nothing but windows 7, firefox, and shacoin. similar results.

I am thorough. Or obsessive, however ya wanna see it. I like the concept, but this just ain't gonna work.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:55:12 PM

quick note before I pop out.
wallet has finally synced. I wiped everything related to SHAcoin except wallet.dat, installed new copy, let it sync, replaced wallet.dat.
all synced fine... now just waiting on some stake.

and my lottery numbers are;

126984.768132 SHA

I know that off the top of my head now having stared at it for the past 12 hours.
tricky coin, but not yet dead.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:31:07 PM

raskul,

repairwallet and you will see your stake right away.  I did the same thing you did.  Now i'm all synced and staking away.

-tb-

frank123m

Activity: 672

*** NULL ***

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:44:58 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 07:03:15 PM by frank123m

yup, even following all methods of instruction, (and currently with 18 active connections) sync seems to slow, stick and after restart, kicks in again, eventually.
I have no doubt that I have the capability to get the wallet totally synced, but am dubious as to whether or not it will stay synced. we;ll have to see. thankfully, i'm a patient man!

i got 3 wallets for test(send coins) and they totally synced.
but few hours after, they got out of sync and cannot sync anymore.
i almost give up because i tried so many times, i delete them again just like before.
i found people talking about the "sever" command. my shacoin.conf didn't have that.

i look into the #1 post, i found that.

now all my wallets synced again, and i use the #1 post CONF only.
everything seems okay, i will wait and see if they can stay synced.
SummersideGuy

Activity: 518

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:19:03 PM

its been 20+hours now and wallet still all sync'd up, i have a question however since this is the fist pos coin i have ever dealt with, my staked coins have now moved back to my confirmed and i now have nothing in staked is this normal.
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:39:03 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 08:56:33 PM by Gamer67

its been 20+hours now and wallet still all sync'd up, i have a question however since this is the fist pos coin i have ever dealt with, my staked coins have now moved back to my confirmed and i now have nothing in staked is this normal.

Once your mined blocks fully confirm then the staked amount goes back into your balance along with the new coins mined for that block.

Not sure how often or if they even get staked again. All of my recently mined blocks have fully matured and I have yet to see another new block. Time will tell.

My wallet is still working fine and is displaying exactly what the block chain is.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
mingophoria

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:41:03 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 08:54:37 PM by mingophoria

Roll Eyes i have a million in stake... bloody hell....

lets say if you guys wanna free your coins from the stake , Open your Sha-qt wallet and let it sync exactly as the block explorer and DONT ever type the ""walletpassphrase yourwalletpassword 9999999 true"" for minting  .    I somehow accidentally tried it. I wonder if anyone else can confirm it as well?

Free BITCOINS N LITECOINS in your wallet everyday.
http://qoinpro.com/7314e7c13b16ece2e726a1e32650cd4a
"Pass the Flutter": F8WQXnNgmN9EpN3PWrztrNgDvmLpCjQudD
SummersideGuy

Activity: 518

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:51:43 PM

Once your mined blocks fully confirm the the staked amount goes back into your balance along with the new coins mined for that block.

Not sure how often or if they even get staked again. All of my recently mined blocks have fully matured and I have yet to see another new block. Time will tell.

My wallet is still working fine and is displaying exactly what the block chain is.
Ok makes sense, i made 19coins doing pos and they have all been confirmed and my stake is now back in my confirmed
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:06:31 PM

Please
Make
One step by step details for the wallet
kiffner

Activity: 505

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:21:53 PM

Somebody please make wallet for Raspberry Pi or post how to.  Huh
frank123m

Activity: 672

*** NULL ***

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:13:16 PM

Please
Make

it is not easy! i will try my best to do this.

for windows 7.

1.download the new wallet from #1 post.(SHACoin-win-v1.1.0.zip)
2.extract new wallet.
3.run the wallet SHACoin-qt.exe 10 secs and then close.
4.go to AppData\Roaming\SHACoin and delete everything(but wallet.dat) in it.
5.make a txt file name shacoin.conf with the #1 post CONF in it (AppData\Roaming\SHACoin folder).
6.go to your shacoin-qt.exe folder and run it 5 mins then close.
7.step 6 until it synced.

and if you want encrypt your wallet,
download the old wallet from Offical Website http://www.shacoin.co (SHACoin-windows-qt.zip)
then open the old wallet and extract the SHACoind.exe file to the new wallet folder for unlock.

can use a .bat file or command.
soulistyce

Activity: 699
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:26:01 PM

Please
Make

it is not easy! i will try my best to do this.

for windows 7.

1.download the new wallet from #1 post.(SHACoin-win-v1.1.0.zip)
2.extract new wallet.
3.run the wallet SHACoin-qt.exe 10 secs and then close.
4.go to AppData\Roaming\SHACoin and delete everything(but wallet.dat) in it.
5.make a txt file name shacoin.conf with the #1 post CONF in it (AppData\Roaming\SHACoin folder).
6.go to your shacoin-qt.exe folder and run it 5 mins then close.
7.step 6 until it synced.

and if you want encrypt your wallet,
download the old wallet from Offical Website http://www.shacoin.co (SHACoin-windows-qt.zip)
then open the old wallet and extract the SHACoind.exe file to the new wallet folder for unlock.

can use a .bat file or command.

theres no point on getting the old wallet

just do this it worked for almost everybody

copy wallet.dat somewhere to bacup
delete SHACoin folder -  C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\SHACoin
run wallet - SHACoin-qt and let it sync
close wallet - SHACoin-qt
copy your wallet.dat back to C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\SHACoin
run SHACoin-qt
go to console
type "repairwallet" and hit enter
chiznitz

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 11:45:19 PM

I have been talking with bittrex and we are both on the same block count as the explorer.

CryptoALTeX is using the following nodes.

addnode=142.54.179.178
addnode=23.88.228.99
addnode=198.98.120.30
addnode=98.249.224.129
addnode=77.231.228.69
addnode=90.244.121.120
addnode=37.187.134.164
addnode=210.195.45.22
addnode=218.244.148.189

The first 3 nodes alone only had gotten us to 15475 blocks or something similar.

Has anyone on the same block count as the explorer had any issues?  If not I believe we may turn trading back on.

Thoughts?

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:51:35 PM

run SHACoin-qt
go to console

Thank you, this is the 1st time that it worked for me, with minting enabled.
toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:52:51 PM

I have been talking with bittrex and we are both on the same block count as the explorer.

CryptoALTeX is using the following nodes.

addnode=142.54.179.178
addnode=23.88.228.99
addnode=198.98.120.30
addnode=98.249.224.129
addnode=77.231.228.69
addnode=90.244.121.120
addnode=37.187.134.164
addnode=210.195.45.22
addnode=218.244.148.189

The first 3 nodes alone only had gotten us to 15475 blocks or something similar.

Has anyone on the same block count as the explorer had any issues?  If not I believe we may turn trading back on.

Thoughts?

Those nodes are good, and I'm also synced with the block explorer.   As long as you are synced with the block explorer that is the correct chain.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:56:36 PM

run SHACoin-qt
go to console

Thank you, this is the 1st time that it worked for me, with minting enabled.

The above action is what I did and I've been in sync with the block explorer and it has minted coins 8 different times so far.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: