Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:27:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will You Trust a Project Announce BY A Legendary Member  (Read 4408 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 01:16:50 PM

I does not matter at all, because everyone could be scammed. When even big exchanges are getting tricked and launching IEOs of scam projects, what are we talking about? I hardly doubt that a rank can determine a project legitimacy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 01:18:35 PM

In as much as we have seen here whereby a legendary member is involved in a scam and his account receives a red tag, I don't think its wise to tie a trust with rank of member. I have seen many project announcement being posted by Jr Members that turn out fine while also I have seen many also being posted by hero and legendary member that turn out to be scam. Irrespective of the rank of the member, project can be successful and also fail. Posting on announcement and telling users that you are not member of the team or do not have any involvement in the project is just a smart way of telling us we should not disturb you if the project turn out to be scam
im_not_dazzled

Activity: 325

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 01:19:09 PM

Some time back project announcements were usually made by high ranked members because it was perceived they were more trust worthy and things went on smoothly but with time you expect change and now this is possible with any account(copper member for lowest rank) and issues of trust are all a matter of how good a project is and not the announcer.
It is never good to naively believe that projects opened by high ranked users are good ones. It is main reasons why people (scammers) tend to buy high ranked accounts to make OPs of their projects. At the ends, those projects run by bought accounts mostly end as dead ones. It might be not exactly 100 percent, but most of them end as scam projects. Moreover, Copper Member accounts do not equal more reliable ones.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 02:47:42 PM

NEVER TRUST ====> VERIFY !!  Shocked

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Zulkifli BI

Activity: 277
Merit: 22

lumintoken.com

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 02:57:37 PM

Will you trust a project that the one that announced it in the announcement thread is a legendary member even though the legendary has announced that he is not part of the team and was just part of the service he offered.

Let me know your thoughts here.

no ... because many legendary members who manage bounty projects are not intended to be in the project team they manage ... so they cannot guarantee that a project will pay off and succeed in the future ... because there are many legendaries who manage projects that end scam and not paying to bounty campaign participants ...

●●●●●●●●[Lumintoken - First Direct Democracy Over Monetary Policies]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Discord◂ | ▸Twitter
accounting 181293

Activity: 662
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 03:19:27 PM

Will you trust a project that the one that announced it in the announcement thread is a legendary member even though the legendary has announced that he is not part of the team and was just part of the service he offered.

no ... because many legendary members who manage bounty projects are not intended to be in the project team they manage ... so they cannot guarantee that a project will pay off and succeed in the future ... because there are many legendaries who manage projects that end scam and not paying to bounty campaign participants ...

yes you are right, they only manage bounties and are not included in the project team. so trusting them is a mistake. I have often seen, the member who made the announcement thread. when the bounty has been distributed they will not update the thread. and after that there is rarely update information about the project. and we have to believe this, come on, this is a mistake.
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 03:20:32 PM

For me only the account has many positive feedback even he's not a legendary member, but it is important that you analyze the project so that you know what it is or this project is good or not.

Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 03:30:07 PM

It would not matter to me. The only need for a higher rank is to post images to make the thread look nice. That is why they buy copper rank to make a nice thread. If you mean do I trust them more? No.
Even if they have very few posts it doesn't bother me. I know it is ok since it will probably be an already active user here just using the new account for the Announcement thread.

That is very true. I have never heard that a good project is determined by the rank of people who promote it. Is it no longer useful website and whitepaper to analyze the project yourself. It is very funny, if there are people when they want to invest, see the rank of people who are promoting the project.  Cheesy
not a rating that might be seen. Her experience holding the project and the history of the projects she has finished handling, it will be a recommendation. like someone who is fanatical about a bounty manager. then he will participate in every project handled by the bounty manager. success or not, we can only surrender to luck.

You should follow bounty managers that try their best to support good and paying bounty. Someone honest who will not have personal gain lying to us or tricking us. They must want the bounty to succeed too.
This will lessen your chances to support bad bounties. It is very helpful if you new or not good at spotting scams or bad projects.
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 03:51:58 PM

he is not part of the team and was just part of the service he offered.
Based on this, it can be concluded that the legendary member distances himself in advance from the project, thus showing that he has nothing to do with the project or the development team. This item will make me even more wary and push away from participating in the bounty campaign.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 03:57:03 PM

If they are not included in the project team, it doesn't really matter whether they're legendary or regular member. I would think that people would find legendary more trustworthy than your newbie member but I don't know if it means they would trust legendary more than lets say full member.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 564

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 02:21:12 PM

Why not it's not the one who's going to announce it, most important is the project itself and the people behind the project, we must admit some of us here are paid to do announcement they hire some of us here to announced their project, but that does not mean the project is legit and good.

Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 03:13:12 PM

a bounty manager's ranking is certainly very important, because the higher the rank of a bounty manager, the less likely he is to cheat. but that does not mean that also a high-ranking bounty manager will always be honest, it's just that I personally feel more secure if he has a high ranking

mattadc

Activity: 426

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 05:13:41 PM

It doesn't matter who posted the information about the project, the essence of the project is important, if the project is good, I will participate in it, if it is bad, then of course not

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
sulis sudibyo

Activity: 882
Merit: 11

Volare.network

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 05:35:04 PM

believe this is very strange. because I don't even trust experts who promote the project. many projects have used experts as advisors, but in the end the project could not survive in the market. then if we believe in legendary members, this is even worse. only people who first took part in the ICO / IEO project who believed in them.
my advice is not to refer to this, if you want to participate in a new project. this is a mistake.

───[  Volare.Network  ]───
─────────────[  The First Commercial Blockchain Network from EQBR Technology  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    mVOLR AIRDROP    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:03:10 PM

Announcement of a project by a legendary member does not in any way guarantee the legitimacy of the project. A legendary member can work with scammers and make an announcement on bitcointalk about the project. At the same time, a newbie account can post announcement and it will be a legit project. My opinion on this is that it very important to DYOR before investing.

suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:56:37 PM

An announcement made by a lagendary member will certainly get much more trust than a newbie or member account. But still we need to verify deeply about the project.

yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 08:41:36 PM

If they are not included in the project team, it doesn't really matter whether they're legendary or regular member. I would think that people would find legendary more trustworthy than your newbie member but I don't know if it means they would trust legendary more than lets say full member.
I do not trust any project like that and I have reasons behind this. Firstly, you do not know if you should trust someone with your money. You can trust a code and that code is never going to break your trust but you cannot trust an individual. Yes if the project is great enough to offer something and if its IEO is conducted by the best platform, I am ready to put in my money.
Kwansimaa

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 08:48:56 PM

Trusting a project to me has nothing to do with the legendary member who posted it on the thread, it solely depends on the findings from my research and conclusion made on that. Most bounty managers makes us aware that they are not part of the team and just doing their work as bounty hunters and without proper research before participating, I think you promote such bounties at your own risk.

senyorito123

Activity: 1736
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 09:03:21 PM

Yes I maybe going to establish a definite trust to Legendary member who handle a crypto project which seems to be reliable and having great future based on the details of entire platform. Of course this must be a trusted Member of the community which is recommended also by many people who been successfully experienced great deals with this member as well. That's very important for now, because previous days most projects showed up without even checking reputations of the anonymous people involved for an announced project and after all it was huge disappointments and frustrations.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 09:03:29 PM

In one area he is quite credible if he himself trusts the project and does invests but if he is just paid to promote the project then he has nothing to do with it. Usually members that post announcement threads are just in lower ranks except bounty managers of course that are in higher ranks already but it doesn’t guarantee anything you should find yourself if the project is legit or not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: