Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:28:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will You Trust a Project Announce BY A Legendary Member  (Read 4408 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Eco_111

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 07:41:00 AM

Push aside Forum rankings and get busy with deep research on why you should promote a certain project to know if the Project will easily become successful or not, ranking as nothing to do with the success of a new project

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rowenta

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 07:51:54 AM

Saying legendary member introducing a project mean nothing means reputable bounty managers means nothing either, legendary members with no red trust introducing a new project is high risk for the account owner, if anything goes wrong the account will get ruined I like newbie and junior member account that can easily let go of their accounts, there is a big difference here

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Inkdull

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 08:37:36 AM

Do your own research on every bounty projects you see before promoting the project no matter what the rank of the person who introduce the project is, quality bounty projects will surely become successful, quality is a thing and ranks is another, they are both two different things

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 10:04:20 AM

Probably, the rank of the project manager is not so important when choosing a campaign as information about the project itself. More interesting is the topic of the project itself and the chance of its further development prospects. And a high rank of a manager is like a small plus in the piggy bank of trust.
Wingsbtc

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 11:00:49 AM

Ranks doesn't matter, the utility of the bounty project is what I care about, but to be honest legendary member introducing a bounty project isn't most time a joke, my advice is to do your own research

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 10:45:12 PM

For a lazy person like myself who is always waiting to be spoonfed with everything, I will definitely rely on the opinion of a Legendary member on any matter. However, there is a reason for the existence of the word "DYOR". DYOR hardly fail if adequately done.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
tracyhayley

Activity: 652
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 11:25:52 PM

Most of member here didn't know what will happen in the future about the project, even the legendary member. They're not in the core team. Most of them just created some post about the project and that's all. It doesn't affect anything. If the project goes scam then you'll get scammed.. if you join some campaign, find the project which used BTC as payment and also used some escrow, I believe they will paid you. So choose the project carefully

Tomcolor

Activity: 661

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 11:03:38 AM

Ranks doesn't matter, the utility of the bounty project is what I care about, but to be honest legendary member introducing a bounty project isn't most time a joke, my advice is to do your own research
Yes lots of people here member or full member there has expensive knowledge about the crypto market. Anyway We don't know future situation what's going on but if we received a good project then definitely it will profitable. I know some professional legendary member with there service always good and successful.

VanityWallets2015

Activity: 1498
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 02:35:01 PM

The rank of an account should not be necessarily affiliated with project.
Remember that anyone can do you wrong, so researching is a must.
Verifying and filtering information that you receive will do you good in making decision whether to trust a person or a project.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
alik111

Activity: 362

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 02:49:35 PM

If a project comes from a Legendary member then we should take it like a good project but not like a trustful project.Because we can't trust anyone in Crypto if we don't get results from the project.

So a  project is trustworthy when project team can make some good jobs for their community and some unique updates for the project.

So it's not a like trustful project but a good project until it can do something great.
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 03:04:47 PM

I agree that if a project will be launched by a high ranked member, it would most likely to look great. However, it is indeed true that being too trustful in crypto will put us in disadvantageous position. Observe extraordinary diligence, always.

Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 03:50:32 PM

I agree that if a project will be launched by a high ranked member, it would most likely to look great. However, it is indeed true that being too trustful in crypto will put us in disadvantageous position. Observe extraordinary diligence, always.

It does not guarantee as such if launched by legendary it will be a successful and scam free. But yes, if the reputation on this forum is good and has being launching then impact of such project is better of getting it successful. But yes, at the end of the day one should take their own call by doing their homework and analysing everything what is right for them and how much risk exist in that project success.

We should not. But it's a natural response to have a bit bias on anything announced by a legendary member as we know they are either an early bitcoin and crypto adopter or are one of the most useful member of this community. They have hundreds of hours logged and it would not be a blind guess to think thy did a bit of research before accepting to announce the project even for a price. Professionally they don't but personally they do have their recognition on stake.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 04:04:43 PM

There is an advantage if a project handled by a high ranked in the forum which gives more assurance to spectators that it will be worth it to read. It's still best to investigate first about the project because the legitimacy of the project doesn't based on the rank  who announced it but its the project itself including the team,  roadmap and the actual adoption in the real world.  As always, doing reasearch will always be the best way to spot a good project or not.

btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 05:02:34 PM

There is an advantage if a project handled by a high ranked in the forum which gives more assurance to spectators that it will be worth it to read. It's still best to investigate first about the project because the legitimacy of the project doesn't based on the rank  who announced it but its the project itself including the team,  roadmap and the actual adoption in the real world.  As always, doing reasearch will always be the best way to spot a good project or not.

Has there been a project in which several high ranked users have been involved? I mean like 9-10 legendary members - now that would be interesting and that is something that would make a lot of noise and attract a lot of attention.

If it's happening right now, please let me know
Untomabur

Activity: 669

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 05:35:12 PM

I believe that under certain conditions, the first bounty program has funding allocations with other altcoins such as Ethereum, and also BIitcoin,
of course if payment by Bitcoin or Ethereum the bounty hunter will feel very excited and believe in the project

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 02:45:01 AM

Everyone could be scammer even if they are a legendary member. But new member is easier to create, anyone can create it and change with other new account when their scam busted. Another possibility is, the account of legendary member has been hacked, and try to scam people with it.
The conclusion is, never trust the project by people who announce it, but trust it by the project quality itself.

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 03:11:08 AM

Everyone could be scammer even if they are a legendary member. But new member is easier to create, anyone can create it and change with other new account when their scam busted. Another possibility is, the account of legendary member has been hacked, and try to scam people with it.
The conclusion is, never trust the project by people who announce it, but trust it by the project quality itself.

You can check the list of the recently red-trusted members, and you may find a lot of Legendary users. So being a Legendary member doesn't guarantee anything. On top of that, as you mentioned a lot of accounts are being hacked and some are being sold in the market. That said, projects posted by newbies and junior members are automatically red-flagged, when compared to those posted by other members.
DarkTrix

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Keep - The privacy layer for Ethereum

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 06:54:51 AM

You can check the list of the recently red-trusted members, and you may find a lot of Legendary users. So being a Legendary member doesn't guarantee anything. On top of that, as you mentioned a lot of accounts are being hacked and some are being sold in the market. That said, projects posted by newbies and junior members are automatically red-flagged, when compared to those posted by other members.
red-trusted is now very easy to get unfortunately. You can find fault with everything that you write and do

Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 08:12:52 AM

I will have better trust on a project that's introduced by legendary member than that from a junior member, let's say 70% trust on a project from a legendary member and a 40% trust on a project from a junior member, still I recommend doing research on the projects from anybody, legendary members aren't always perfect too.

Erumo

Activity: 549
Merit: 42

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 08:17:35 AM

I will have better trust on a project that's introduced by legendary member than that from a junior member, let's say 70% trust on a project from a legendary member and a 40% trust on a project from a junior member, still I recommend doing research on the projects from anybody, legendary members aren't always perfect too.

How can you define if legendary account is used by its owner or it was bought to promote scam? Everyone has a price. I'm sure that if even reputed legendary, with generous offer, will sell his account without any doubt. Other example - take a look on cooper member/jr. member accounts that manage bounty and have same name as the project. Not always they are less trusted than legendary ranked bounty managers. Quick example - Oikos. Cooper member - bounty distributed everything on time and as promised.

You mess with the meow meow
You get the peow peow
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: