Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:56:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will You Trust a Project Announce BY A Legendary Member  (Read 4408 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 08:31:13 AM

I will have better trust on a project that's introduced by legendary member than that from a junior member, let's say 70% trust on a project from a legendary member and a 40% trust on a project from a junior member, still I recommend doing research on the projects from anybody, legendary members aren't always perfect too.

How can you define if legendary account is used by its owner or it was bought to promote scam? Everyone has a price. I'm sure that if even reputed legendary, with generous offer, will sell his account without any doubt. Other example - take a look on cooper member/jr. member accounts that manage bounty and have same name as the project. Not always they are less trusted than legendary ranked bounty managers. Quick example - Oikos. Cooper member - bounty distributed everything on time and as promised.
True, I heard that some people buy accounts from members of this forum, meaning that not all legendary members are real legendary members, you can spot them through their manners of posting and topic creatings

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 12, 2020, 09:07:21 PM

I will have better trust on a project that's introduced by legendary member than that from a junior member, let's say 70% trust on a project from a legendary member and a 40% trust on a project from a junior member, still I recommend doing research on the projects from anybody, legendary members aren't always perfect too.

How can you define if legendary account is used by its owner or it was bought to promote scam? Everyone has a price. I'm sure that if even reputed legendary, with generous offer, will sell his account without any doubt. Other example - take a look on cooper member/jr. member accounts that manage bounty and have same name as the project. Not always they are less trusted than legendary ranked bounty managers. Quick example - Oikos. Cooper member - bounty distributed everything on time and as promised.
True, I heard that some people buy accounts from members of this forum, meaning that not all legendary members are real legendary members, you can spot them through their manners of posting and topic creatings

I wonder, if they have been active, they might be well known with many other high ranking members - so their identity could be verified through personal email, in person, etc

I would expect that all the members of the project post their Bio, their relationship with other project members; and also verify that they "are who they say they are" (if they bought the account - tell everyone when they bought the account).

I don't see why 4-5 legendary members start something or get behind something; and ask for supporters - i would support them if the project looked attractive.

taufik0911

Activity: 1274
Merit: 104

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2020, 07:58:36 AM

Legendary members mean huge experience has from the all forum. At least you can't ignore any of the legendary members' projects announced. yahoo62278 and Hhampuz are more than legendary members. Actually often they announce BTC payment campaign. But we should apply our own theory before joining any campaign, we can't blame others for our wrong research.
yes we should not ignore them because they have their own experience to publish an ann project that will not reduce their trust
but maybe I will believe more if the project is published by a donated or admin account, what about you?

riso2015

Activity: 1246
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 08:14:22 AM

Legendary members mean huge experience has from the all forum. At least you can't ignore any of the legendary members' projects announced. yahoo62278 and Hhampuz are more than legendary members. Actually often they announce BTC payment campaign. But we should apply our own theory before joining any campaign, we can't blame others for our wrong research.
yes we should not ignore them because they have their own experience to publish an ann project that will not reduce their trust
but maybe I will believe more if the project is published by a donated or admin account, what about you?
There are only a few Legendary ranks can be trusted when managing a Bounty project, many of them also manage Scam projects even though they are Legendary rank. What we are afraid is when a developer buys a Legendary rank to convince his project to us.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
fauzan123

Activity: 1260
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 08:37:36 AM

actually not a benchmark for project success if managed by a legendary member it all depends on how the project is if the project looks good even newbee member surely many investors will come
mydona

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 08:40:04 AM

There are only a few Legendary ranks can be trusted when managing a Bounty project, many of them also manage Scam projects even though they are Legendary rank. What we are afraid is when a developer buys a Legendary rank to convince his project to us.

exactly, there is no rule, it is all risky, with levels, yea legendary ANN is less scam risk but not 100% scam free or safe, that is the conclusion of all this discussion
sfireman

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 09:57:52 AM

I think the same as you dude! Legendary members have to maintain their reputation and they have joined the market for years to achieve that rank! Therefore, they can have enough experience and skills as well as knowledge to target a good project! I agree that maybe they get paid to promote for the project but why would they promote for a bad project that can reduce their reputation? I will not completely rely on their words, but I will consider it and do my own researches!

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 10:23:37 AM

To rely only on the rank of the participant who announced the new project is, to say the least, unreasonable. In addition, the legendary may just be a manager and become the same victim if the project team suddenly turns out to be fraudulent.
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 04:41:51 PM

It's matters a bit. I think when you get high ranking on bitcoitalk profile that means you are a bit trusted from other low ranks profile. But when it's comes to promotions it's all about money. The projects normally pay money for promotion so whoever do it do it for money. But there are  some manager those are very trusted. I think ranks doesn't matters that much

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 06:41:37 PM

How does rank supercede the viability and authenticity of a project, specially when everyone, no matter the rank is at pretty much equal risk.
HodlerKing101

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 09:38:28 PM

DYOR is still key, I never trust anyone in position that's promoting something. You have to check if the project is legit and has potential to go 100x.
amos77978
Copper Member

Activity: 351

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 09:58:25 PM

Will you trust a project that the one that announced it in the announcement thread is a legendary member even though the legendary has announced that he is not part of the team and was just part of the service he offered.

Let me know your thoughts here.
I dont see how this matters.. as long as the user making the announcement isnt a negative flag bearer.. I think it's fine..  most bounty managers have nothing to do with the project,  yet the conduct the campaign anywag
pedpedped101

Activity: 552

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 11:36:32 PM

Will you trust a project that the one that announced it in the announcement thread is a legendary member even though the legendary has announced that he is not part of the team and was just part of the service he offered.

Let me know your thoughts here.
I dont see how this matters.. as long as the user making the announcement isnt a negative flag bearer.. I think it's fine..  most bounty managers have nothing to do with the project,  yet the conduct the campaign anywag

I do not believe in I have nothing to do with the project, yet you took their job and you still collect the money they pay to you and still you renounce them. Projects are sometimes better handled by those that are ready to bear the risks peradventure anything happens, not withstanding the rank.
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 11:45:33 PM

Ranks do matter when it comes to advice and mentoring. Sometimes ranks may be considered when doing business but a higher rank, being legendary in this case does not indicate an authentic or successful project. To my understanding, project managers are usually hired, he the manager may be genuine or trustworthy but it takes the entire team to carry out what he the manager has said or posted.
well of course the developed project is more important than just the rank that the team has because some time ago in 2018-2019 there were many scam projects that collaborated with the big rankings in this forum and ended up with a scam case that eventually made the name cryptocurrency become bad.

STUDENTCOIN