Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:29:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 972 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Cricket Prediction and Discussion Thread [self - mod]  (Read 124966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (6 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 04:00:58 AM

Right now Australia is up 2-1,
Isn't it 1-1? Australia won the 1st test, 2nd one is drawn and England won the 3rd. Both team has opportunity to lift the Ashes 2019, however, Australia could have changed bowlers which is likely to be happened in nezt matches.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 06:55:31 AM

I am expecting Australia to decimate England in the upcoming test since Stokes cannot save them everytime and Smith might be returning after his concussion recently. Anderson could also return making this a heated contest.

Would love to see Anderson and Archer vs Smith currently. I do hope that the umpires do a better job this time around since their standards have fallen a lot lately.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 08:30:41 AM

Isn't it 1-1? Australia won the 1st test, 2nd one is drawn and England won the 3rd. Both team has opportunity to lift the Ashes 2019, however, Australia could have changed bowlers which is likely to be happened in nezt matches.

It's 1-1 only.

The best thing about test matches are able to yield a result unlike earlier times when teams used to not declare and the matches used to end in a draw. May be because these are WC matches.

WI vs IND: Jadeja will be playing in place of Ashwin. Don't know why they can't play both.
Keemo Paul will play in place of Cummins. The later's SR is better but he is still a newbie unlike Cummins. WI are out of options.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 09:02:35 AM

It's 1-1 only.

The best thing about test matches are able to yield a result unlike earlier times when teams used to not declare and the matches used to end in a draw. May be because these are WC matches.

WI vs IND: Jadeja will be playing in place of Ashwin. Don't know why they can't play both.
Keemo Paul will play in place of Cummins. The later's SR is better but he is still a newbie unlike Cummins. WI are out of options.
Maybe Indian cricket board might have given Ashwin rest for the upcoming series against South Africa which is scheduled for the upcoming month. These days every test matches were getting results as mentioned in a post. This makes the test matches to be more interesting and watchable for the fans who stopped watching test cricket and moved to T20 matches.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 11:31:47 AM

It's 1-1 only.

Maybe Indian cricket board might have given Ashwin rest for the upcoming series against South Africa which is scheduled for the upcoming month. These days every test matches were getting results as mentioned in a post. This makes the test matches to be more interesting and watchable for the fans who stopped watching test cricket and moved to T20 matches.

Yes, we are seeing results at the end of test matches, but previously we don't see results because in most cases players are very experienced and they will continue to play but now things were changed in test matches. Definitely test matches will be more interesting and even fans will show lots of interest towards the test matches.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 01:39:26 PM

Maybe Indian cricket board might have given Ashwin rest for the upcoming series against South Africa which is scheduled for the upcoming month.
I have not seen Ashwin play in a very long time, may be because of the competition in the side as they have a well balanced bowling unit, if there is a Test series in the sub continent we might see two spinners playing. Jadeja is a much better player in the team with his brilliant fielding and he is bowling really well and a useful batsman lower down the order.

These days every test matches were getting results as mentioned in a post. This makes the test matches to be more interesting and watchable for the fans who stopped watching test cricket and moved to T20 matches.
It is because the captains are taking an aggressive approach than the old generation, earlier we used to see players looking for a draw rather than winning, but now every team is playing aggressively and so is the reason we are seeing results.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 02:04:04 PM

Wow, LFC watching the cricket? Looks like that final of the World Cup succeeded in bringing new people close to the sport! Grin
Thanks to Stokes :-P

Does anyone know if Smith is going to be in the 11 for the 4th Test? I need to do a multibet but before I do, I need to know Smith is there. If Smith is playing then Australia is going to win easily.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 02:36:06 PM
Merited by AB de Royse777 (1)

Wow, LFC watching the cricket? Looks like that final of the World Cup succeeded in bringing new people close to the sport! Grin
Thanks to Stokes :-P

Does anyone know if Smith is going to be in the 11 for the 4th Test? I need to do a multibet but before I do, I need to know Smith is there. If Smith is playing then Australia is going to win easily.

Yes. Steve Smith will be part of the playing XI for the 4th test. You can check this:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18659/scorecard/1169534/derbyshire-vs-australians-tour-match-australia-in-eng-2019

He is currently part of the playing XI in the warm up match against Derbyshire. So in all probability, he will be playing in the 4th test. But I think you are a bit overoptimistic when you say that Australia is going to win "easily" if Smith makes it to the playing XI. From what I have seen, one-man armies are not very efficient in winning the matches on a constant basis (Kohli is another example). Cricket is a team sport and you need at least some support from the remaining 10 players to win the game.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 02:48:16 PM

~snip~
Also did anyone here see the banter between Warne and Prior it was funny, and if England wins it I’m expecting Prior to once again target Warne and Lyon.

Lol yeah enjoyed it very much.

~Snip~

Yes. Steve Smith will be part of the playing XI for the 4th test. You can check this:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18659/scorecard/1169534/derbyshire-vs-australians-tour-match-australia-in-eng-2019

He is currently part of the playing XI in the warm up match against Derbyshire. So in all probability, 

Not commenting on if he's playing or not in the next test match. but here i noticed their professionalism and dedication when it comes to Test Cricket. in between breaks they are playing warm-up match. can't say the same for any other Test playing nation.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 04:42:29 PM

Okay I would like to go for a 2 fold since India vs WI is starting from tomorrow, less than 24 hours left.

India vs West Indies: India
England vs Australia: Australia

Odd @ 3.41

I am considering Smith is going to play.

Interestingly the bookies are favoring England. They may have a chance but I do not think it's much than Australia. The last Test was in their (Australia's) grip all the time except Stokes monster innings at the end that changed the result.

Thanks Vishnu.Reang

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 05:02:37 PM

I would agree with the prediction by Royse for both the matches. But I would be closely watching Smith's (batting) performance during the warm up match. I want to make sure that the small break didn't made him rusty. One interesting thing is that Australia gave chance to all their bench bowlers, and that means that Starc, Marsh and Neser are playing along with Siddle. They went for an all pace attack.

I couldn't watch the game, but from the scorecard it looks like Mitchell Starc cleaned up the lower order in very quick time. He took 3 wickets in a single over, to finish with 46/3. I want Australia to go for the 4th test with four pacers (Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Siddle), with part time spin from Marnus Labuschagne and Steven Smith as the slower options.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 05:10:23 PM

~snip~
I couldn't watch the game, but from the scorecard it looks like Mitchell Starc cleaned up the lower order in very quick time. He took 3 wickets in a single over, to finish with 46/3. I want Australia to go for the 4th test with four pacers (Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Siddle), with part time spin from Marnus Labuschagne and Steven Smith as the slower options.
I was always missing Starc in the last three matches. If Starc were there then may be we would not see Australia to lose the last test. Starc is very good to wrap up the tail enders quickly. It's beyond my imagination that why did the management lost confidence from Starc. I hope to see him in the next Test.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 11:09:09 PM

~snip~
I was always missing Starc in the last three matches. If Starc were there then may be we would not see Australia to lose the last test. Starc is very good to wrap up the tail enders quickly. It's beyond my imagination that why did the management lost confidence from Starc. I hope to see him in the next Test.

Like I have been saying for the past week, Strac has to play in the fourth test match as he is one bowler who can change a game fast. Forget about Siddle and Pattinson as they have been okay but don't have the x-factor that Strac has. Strac is one of the best Australian bowlers for cleaning up the tail so for me he must come into the team.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 01:40:17 AM

So everyone agrees that Starc needs to be included in the playing XI for the 4th test. It was very unfair to him, to be overlooked in favor of James Pattinson and Peter Siddle. Both Pattinson and Siddle performed well during patches, but on few occasions they were able to break an established partnership. They conceded a lot of runs against the English lower order as well.

Australia made the mistake by including just one spinner in their squad. They should have included Adam Zampa as well. As I can see, Nathan Lyon has been performing very poorly for the last two matches and even then he'll get a slot in the playing XI for the next match. I would recommend Australia dropping Lyon and going with 4 pacers.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 05:59:20 AM

~snip~
As like Indian Cricket Board there might be some internal politics which has kept Starc out of the last three matches. As said Starc is a strong player to take away the end wickets, but I don't think his presence could've taken the wicket of Stokes. The entire team has been targeting him, and at some point he started aggressive game, by that time he could've caught or bowled and send to the pavilion.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 07:18:35 AM

Okay I would like to go for a 2 fold since India vs WI is starting from tomorrow, less than 24 hours left.

Odd @ 3.41
I would choose the bets(With draw included) in order to earn a higher payout in this case. Also, I agree with your picks and am expecting big wins by both India and Australia.

As like Indian Cricket Board there might be some internal politics which has kept Starc out of the last three matches. As said Starc is a strong player to take away the end wickets, but I don't think his presence could've taken the wicket of Stokes. The entire team has been targeting him, and at some point he started aggressive game, by that time he could've caught or bowled and send to the pavilion.
I don't think internal politics has anything to do with his omission. I think that he himself chose to sit on the bench or the committee decided by themselves in order to provide more opportunities to bowlers like Pattinson etc.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 09:36:38 AM

Odd @ 3.41
You made a call for England to win the match and somehow they magically won the match and that too with the help of botched umpiring decisions and Australia taking a replay for a bowl pitched well outside leg stump and if they did not take that replay they could have used that when the umpires denied a straight LBW decision. The odds are great to ignore and i am willing to go along with you on this one  Wink.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2019, 01:25:44 PM

Steve Smith has started solidly against Derbyshire, and currently he is batting along with Mitchell Marsh. This match should be a cakewalk for Australia, as Derbyshire has been historically one of the weakest English county sides. Look out for 18-year old Hamidullah Qadri. He was born in Afghanistan, and we may soon find him in international cricket.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2019, 01:30:07 PM

~snip~
You made a call for England to win the match and somehow they magically won the match and that too with the help of botched umpiring decisions and Australia taking a replay for a bowl pitched well outside leg stump and if they did not take that replay they could have used that when the umpires denied a straight LBW decision. The odds are great to ignore and i am willing to go along with you on this one  Wink.
I was siding for England last time because Smith was missing from Australian squad but since Smith is back, I think it will be hard for England to beat them. On top of it, if Starc plays then it will be much easier for Australia to win.

Yeah, even though Smith was not there - English team could not take advantage of it instead they were in the back seat all the time in the last test. No one expected the win but it was miraculous. I was not proud of my pick but was surprised to see it a win.

The latest tip is for straight wins however if you want then you can go with draw no bet too. It's much safer, just in case there are rain. You can not always trust English weather. Odd will not that bad too.
Australia to win (draw no bet)
India to win (draw no bet)
@2.43

Good luck.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2019, 01:39:29 PM
Merited by AB de Royse777 (1)

OK.... I just want to give a weather update for the fourth test. Rain is predicted for the first 3 days and there is good chance of a passing shower during the 4th day. 5th day should be cloudy, but devoid of rains.

Sep 4: Chances of precipitation - 60%
Sep 5: Chances of precipitation - 64%
Sep 6: Chances of precipitation - 73%
Sep 7: Chances of precipitation - 49%
Sep 8: Chances of precipitation - 16%

(source: accuweather.com)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 972 »
  Print  

Jump to: