Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:44:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 [672] 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260001 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 03:27:26 AM

Bulk sales?  Well of course... they are pretty bulky. Wink
I've already ran extension cords from all my neighbors yards preparing for arrival. (just kidding)
I believe this and other soon to be released miners are going to create a drop in Btc price at Christmas time.
But good job thinking big but a beast like this needs to be posted on Ebay or some Fortune 500 site.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 03:46:07 AM

Hmmm... What is it?..

http://bitcoinminershop.be/product/sp50-yukon-bitcoin-miner/

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:20:24 AM

Interesting, real?
quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:52:30 AM

That's no more efficient than their last gen gear, assuming it's even real.  Guessing it's not.
majestymage

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 07:09:52 AM

the price reduced badly Huh? but still is too damn high with very low electric specs...my bet...scam

██████
                                             ██████▄▄
                                             ██████  ▀▀▀▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄▄▄▄                             ▄▀ █ ▀▄         █▀████
         █████          ████             ▄▀   █   ▀▄     ▄▀   █
         █████          ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▀     █     ▀▄ ▄▀    █
       ▄▀     █         █▀▄█▀▄     █████     █       ▄▀▄    █
     ▄▀        ▀▄      █▄█▄▄█▄▀█▀▀▀█████     █     ▄▀   ▀▄ █
█████      ▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀█ █   ▀▄  ▀▄   █ █     █   ▄▀     █████
████████▀▀▀       █  █  █    █    ▀▄█   █  ████▄▀       █████
█████   ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█  █      █    █▀▄   █▄████         ▄▀
                  ▀█▀▀███     ▀▄  █  ▄█▀▀  █          ▄▀
                  █  ▄▀▀▀      █ █▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  █       ▄▀
             ░█████▄▀         ████        ▀▀▄█    ▄▀
              █████           ████▀▀▀▄▄▄      ███████
              ▀▀▀▀▀                     ▀▀▀▄▄▄███████
                                              ███████
                                              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
/iTEX/./INNOVATING TRADING EXCHANGE/.
/Whitepaper/ /Sign Up/ /Buy Token Now/

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:08:25 AM

All this of course assumes an intelligent designer.
I would never make such an assumption.  I'd be reasonably comfortable with some BGAs ( e.g. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=565418.msg6240896#msg6240896 ) that don't adhere to a more logical design, but if they can be avoided at all, that has most designers' preference.
Unfortunately you haven't launched your TO-220-5/7 chip yet Smiley

So miners are called transaction verification servers now?
At least since May; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg11412144#msg11412144
BTCS/SP aren't the only ones doing this either.  The terminology change makes sense in the long run on a technical level, and on a marketing level in the short run.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 12:14:23 PM

That's no more efficient than their last gen gear, assuming it's even real.  Guessing it's not.

Especially seeing as the picture is just 2 SP3Xs cropped on top of each other...

Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:06:32 PM

I would never make such an assumption.
This is very grim when we can't assume an intelligent designer even in the Spondoolies' thread.

I was sort of OK, when the Chinese mining chip vendors weren't able to hire or contract the actual design talent. China is undergoing a period of extra-fast growth and there are plenty of competing opportunities there.

But I'm getting scared if a Jewish company can't find an intelligent Jew to stay with them even part-time to tell the ins-and-outs of hardware engineering.

What does it mean for Bitcoin if the really intelligent Jews avoid it and the only Jews that deal with Bitcoin are the ones that skew towards being criminally optimistic?

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 04:20:46 PM

This is very grim when we can't assume an intelligent designer even in the Spondoolies' thread.

I was sort of OK, when the Chinese mining chip vendors weren't able to hire or contract the actual design talent. China is undergoing a period of extra-fast growth and there are plenty of competing opportunities there.

But I'm getting scared if a Jewish company can't find an intelligent Jew to stay with them even part-time to tell the ins-and-outs of hardware engineering.

What does it mean for Bitcoin if the really intelligent Jews avoid it and the only Jews that deal with Bitcoin are the ones that skew towards being criminally optimistic?

Am I criminally optimistic Jew ?

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:43:45 PM

I sincerely hope so Cheesy The world has been vastly improved by criminally optimistic Jews like Albert Einstein and Murray Rothbard..
TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:54:04 PM

No, I just wouldn't make the assumption in general.  Very few BGAs I've seen have had some thought put into ease of routing it out. Many of those are assumed to go onto 6+ layer boards with blind vias the norm, not the exception, and the internals instead designed to make life easier at the silicon level.

iirc, the RockerBox was similar in layout to the Minion chip I linked to - i.e. alternating gnd/pwr for most of the chip and i/o concentrated at one edge - just with fewer balls.  It's not entirely bad, but I can understand why e.g. sidehack would rather not go near it.  Still, that's a lot more 'intelligent' than some of the intel stuff that is a semi-random mess with two different ball pitches in die shadow / skirt .. at least for those needing to plunk it down on a board.

Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:34:41 PM

How would I know? It is not for me to judge, I'm just an observer.

In the past, in the case I was sort-of-involved by being the company insider, it took around 7 years from the time certain executive made certain sales projections to that executive being sentenced for breach of the fiduciary duty. Of that 7 years the company was defunct/bankrupt for 5-6 years.

The difference between the sentenced executive and the other one who weren't charged was, as far as I could tell, only that he was the most secretive whereas the other always kept giving interviews and co-authoring published scientific papers.

The way the lawyers explained it to me is that there's wide gray area between investing and gambling. Obviously there's no such actual charge as "criminal optimism", but it is an useful shorthand to how the courts decide in similar cases.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:39:00 PM

Am I criminally optimistic...

Dogie was barking about some outstanding commissions, apparently.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:52:00 PM

I'm sure they can sort this out on Skype, e-mail or PM when the sweet nectar of income is flowing. I'm guessing dogie isn't at the top of their list of creditors either.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:59:34 PM

No, I just wouldn't make the assumption in general.  Very few BGAs I've seen have had some thought put into ease of routing it out. Many of those are assumed to go onto 6+ layer boards with blind vias the norm, not the exception, and the internals instead designed to make life easier at the silicon level.

iirc, the RockerBox was similar in layout to the Minion chip I linked to - i.e. alternating gnd/pwr for most of the chip and i/o concentrated at one edge - just with fewer balls.  It's not entirely bad, but I can understand why e.g. sidehack would rather not go near it.  Still, that's a lot more 'intelligent' than some of the intel stuff that is a semi-random mess with two different ball pitches in die shadow / skirt .. at least for those needing to plunk it down on a board.
This checkerboard pattern is not "making life easier at the silicon level". It is a symptom of using completely invalid approximate model of parasitic components and then using those approximated, but not really existing, parasitics as an additional power decoupling filter.

It seems like despite the claims of "full custom" Spondoolies is still using only a very approximate all-digital low-power models. They are essentially invalid because they are used outside of their range of validity (in terms of self-induced noise and dissipated power).

I'm not sure if I understood your 2nd paragraph. It seems like you think I proposed using two different pad pitches: one denser for the chip and one coarser for the board. What I intended to convey is using the same pad pitch on both chips and board.  The power traces are bundled in the way similar to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litz_wire .

The bundling and spacing is wider to so that simple faults like shorting two neighboring pads doesn't create board-level and circuit-level fault.

I'm not up to speed with the most recent digital EDA tools, but I don't believe that their low-power all-digital tools can properly model the skin-effect and long-transmission-line-effect for those types of pad and board layouts. To get accurate models one has to drop to the all-analog or nearly-all-analog modeling.

TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 06:34:44 PM

This checkerboard pattern is not "making life easier at the silicon level". It is a symptom of using completely invalid approximate model of parasitic components and then using those approximated, but not really existing, parasitics as an additional power decoupling filter.
It's the exhibition of the symptom - but the cause thereof leads to that layout as it is.  Laziness/not having to deal with intricacies also makes life easier Smiley

I'm not sure if I understood your 2nd paragraph. It seems like you think I proposed using two different pad pitches: one denser for the chip and one coarser for the board. What I intended to convey is using the same pad pitch on both chips and board.
No, not at all.  I was referring to some of Intel's chips that actually have different BGA pitches on the same package as an example of some of the really oddball BGA designs some companies throw out there as a comparison point for alternating+side of I/O not being the worst, albeit not ideal either.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 07:17:29 PM

I'm sure they can sort this out on Skype, e-mail or PM when the sweet nectar of income is flowing. I'm guessing dogie isn't at the top of their list of creditors either.

Tried to do so for over a year, either I accepted a huge cut of what was owed or it was nothing. They then went through the 'lets discredit him so no one will believe him phase' and kicked me out the affiliate scheme even as their largest affiliate. I'll leave it like that for now and let the current activities play out, its not really fair when Guy can't easily discuss or counter what I'm saying due to now soon being part of a publicly listed company.

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:36:40 PM

Tried to do so for over a year, either I accepted a huge cut of what was owed or it was nothing. They then went through the 'lets discredit him so no one will believe him phase' and kicked me out the affiliate scheme even as their largest affiliate. I'll leave it like that for now and let the current activities play out, its not really fair when Guy can't easily discuss or counter what I'm saying due to now soon being part of a publicly listed company.

You can't pay people when you don't have money. When you have a knife hanging over your head you prioritize. Most bitcoin mining manufacturers couldn't make it through 2014, so the fact that spondoolies is still among us is impressive in itself. The SP50 looks like a killer product, plus they've already got a large bulk customer that more or less guarantees sales. Just let things cool down on one front and heat up on another (SP50 sales).

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:00:45 AM

So miners are called transaction verification servers now?

Sure...  I like the sound of that when doing my taxes writing off my hardware expenses.

LOL good luck with getting that past the IRS.

It's nothing to get "past" them.  It's only two sheets of paper I give my accountant for my business every year.  No details needed unless audited.  Even if I am audited, there is nothing to hide because EVERYTHING is documented and accounted for.  I give myself payroll and I also take some "draws" as well but never more than 50 percent.  My wife is an accountant.  I think you need to do your homework.  

What the hell do I have to get "past" the IRS?  The hardware (rigs) are depreciating assets.  They depreciate a certain amount each year.  If they are sold [As mine were] you simply subtract the depreciated value from what you sold them for.  Depending on the difference, you might end up on the "up" side.  If you end up making money from the sell AFTER depreciation, then money is made and corporate taxes are to be paid.  You don't even have to do it as a corporation as I have.  You can simply use your SSN.  I have an EIN for my S - Corporation.

yep were i'm at ...I made more in equip depreciation applied to taxes then I paid in revenue on btc and ltc mined...it 'coincidentally' was a draw (really no tricks got a cpa and everything)
so no issues at all i'm squeaky clean with IRS according to CPA (had to file had bank issues when btc was evil ....big boo boo by bank a error called sec...so if after all this it is a break
even with what I get for equip depreciation (or better) on what I mined I'll take that as a win Smiley ..but yeah home biz get a cpa it all works out (if you wish .....or just wait till 2018
when all this stuff gets straightened out and 'viola' you had a good year should you want to report 'ahem' your virtual coin to IRS or whomever..me I was stuck ...so this is the best outcome I can pull off.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:30:06 AM

yep were i'm at ...I made more in equip depreciation applied to taxes then I paid in revenue on btc and ltc mined...it 'coincidentally' was a draw (really no tricks got a cpa and everything)
so no issues at all i'm squeaky clean with IRS according to CPA (had to file had bank issues when btc was evil ....big boo boo by bank a error called sec...so if after all this it is a break
even with what I get for equip depreciation (or better) on what I mined I'll take that as a win Smiley ..but yeah home biz get a cpa it all works out (if you wish .....or just wait till 2018
when all this stuff gets straightened out and 'viola' you had a good year should you want to report 'ahem' your virtual coin to IRS or whomever..me I was stuck ...so this is the best outcome I can pull off.

Good to hear you got it all worked out, Searing.  I plan on doing a bit better with the new rigs I have on the way.  I came out ahead on all of my previous rigs.  Not much... but ahead.  I'm itching to get my S7's in my mining closet.  Have 9 on the way and 14 more in December depending on difficulty.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
Pages: « 1 ... 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 [672] 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: