Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:22:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1259999 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 04:21:54 PM

... what was shown was the solid confidence that these rigs will ship on spec and on time. nothing less and nothing more ...
True, that was the intention.

Not to pour water on your fire (as I think you folks are legit) but a brief cost-benefit analysis would easily show that the potential loss of 25 btc in the bet is far over weighed by the value in sales between now and the time you ship that result from maintaining the appearance of confidence.

Therefore, if that was your intention it was an ineffective way of demonstrating it …

Light-speed to everybody trying to ship next-gen ASICS. We'll need all the luck we can get to ROI them.

BTW, what is your refund policy if you don't ship on time ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:24:59 PM

The product speaks for itself. So does their communication.

You can always elevate the level of conversation. Don't feed the trolls.

quite true. i'm itching to get my hands on something from spondoolies, unfortunately, as always I'm missing the boat at every turn. my old uncle has left some rare stamps in his will so it may be a possibility that I can join the queue at sometime in the near future. I just had this hunch from the very start that these guys will be around for a very long time, with more and more to offer to feed my mining obsession. As a business owner myself (albeit in a dying industry), I take my hat off to anyone who ventures into something for the long term. After 16 years doing what I do, it's coming to an end and I can at least say, i did my best.

That picture of a massive farm should send shivers down everyone's spine. Does it mean the end of diversity and spreading the network to a wider base? It might if people who care about bitcoin and cryptocurrency continue acting on their own. There is value in working within groups and collectives to help secure the network away from those LARGER farms. Spondoolies is making a promise to those who want to disrupt that ecosystem that they will be there with chips and miners. I am hoping that it is true and people do join together and secure the network differently. Spondoolies is just one company here is hoping others take up that same challenge and offer chips and miners to a growing group of collectives that are keen on making it impossible to have monopolies on mining in any form.

Any effort in method which breaks up the hashpower in any way possible is always welcome; where it is obviously now impossible to have the entire world mine solo at home, there is the option of smaller farm-type share-holdings, which would in the very least bring a spread of the earnings, if not the hashpower. It's going to take something special to get it together, and a team of special people to make it the 'new norm' in bitcoin mining. I don't mind that I am getting so close to being unable to make anything in the way of a profit, by mining at home now - as I said, it's a hobby, nothing more. Hence the reason I made a floor on the price I would be willing to sell BTC at, and currently, am ploughing it all back into cloud mining and not cashing out; which is a big risk, but at the very least, I can try to keep head-to head with current difficulty trends and create my little 1BTC each month. I retort to my thought, we have only had one block halving, and there is still a long way to go. At least, it still feels like i'm an early adopter, I still have a glaze in my eyes about it all and I feel young enough (in mining terms) to make the mature decision to carry on, not throw my toys out of the pram and stick in with it. Uncle Ivor always said; 'stick in with anything you do and it will come good in the end'. Upon this, i'm still a firm believer.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 04:40:07 PM

I don't think the 'KnC route' is a viable long term business model - more a 'get rich quick' scheme.

If mining isn't economically viable long term at the scale shown here, bitcoin is dead.
raskul

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:49:56 PM

I don't think the 'KnC route' is a viable long term business model - more a 'get rich quick' scheme.

If mining isn't economically viable long term at the scale shown here, bitcoin is dead.

you completely misinterpret what I said there.
best wishes.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 04:51:10 PM

you completely misinterpret what I said there.
best wishes.

Then perhaps you'd clarify ?

best wishes Smiley
newguy05

Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 05:13:00 PM

The SP10 starts shipping on March 25th! Actual orders (and not “pre-orders”) are available right now!

haven't really been following this thread, can someone just answer if they delivered? anyone received their march 25th orders?

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
raskul

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:23:46 PM

The SP10 starts shipping on March 25th! Actual orders (and not “pre-orders”) are available right now!

haven't really been following this thread, can someone just answer if they delivered? anyone received their march 25th orders?

SP10/Dawson received. It's hashing nicely at around 1370 GH/s on "Normal". Front/back temps are 22C and 73C. It's running on 115V. Thanks, Spondoolies.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:34:38 PM

I got one too!

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 05:49:33 PM

SP10/Dawson received. It's hashing nicely at around 1370 GH/s on "Normal". Front/back temps are 22C and 73C. It's running on 115V. Thanks, Spondoolies.

You have the latest firmware, because it might go faster.
We're limiting the draw from the PSU to about 1100W in 115V to comply with safety.
It's nice 0.8 Watt / GH/s ratio, true to the thread caption

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:03:29 PM

@Spondoolies

What is your refund policy if you miss the August date on the SP30 ?
raskul

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:10:02 PM

@Spondoolies

you clearly have no intention of ordering any mining equipment anyway, so may I ask, why are you wasting people's time here?
I am sure you will receive all the info you need by contacting them via their website

Folks, you gotta learn to roll with the times - as hard as it is to abandon your hopes and aspirations of getting rich quick on the back of cryptos.

Bitcoin prices are trending towards the cost of mining them.
No ASIC manufacturer is offering equipment that small customers can expect to ROI in less than a year. if at all.
Mining is becoming a utility business with returns that will trend towards 7% a year, just like water and gas and electricity generation.
To make money, you will have to do it at extreme scale in locales with cheap electricity.

There is a washout coming in the ASIC mining equipment business and the only companies which will survive are those that adapt their business model to the new normal. KNC obviously plans be one of them.

The new 'great opportunities' in cryptos have moved up the food chain, to the infrastructure and application level.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:18:16 PM

you clearly have no intention of ordering any mining equipment anyway

You are quickly becoming ignore worthy friend !

Spondooglie-Tech refund policy is an important consideration in my analysis of the risk of ordering an April set of SP30s and no doubt is also of interest to others reading this thread.

I'm looking forward to hearing from Spondooglie themselves, not some self-appointed guardian of a bitcointalk thread with more 'my this', 'my that' and 'my the other' in his footer than anybody else on the planet.

raskul

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:24:14 PM

you clearly have no intention of ordering any mining equipment anyway

friend !

errr. no. thank you.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:39:03 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 06:49:14 PM by Spondoolies-Tech

@Spondoolies

We can say "full refund" but it won't be true, since the only scenario in which we'll miss July date (not August, July was already sold out) on SP30 is a total catastrophic one, in which refund policy won't matter.

Unlike other vendors, when we're committing to a date, we mean it.

As explained before in the thread, the SP30 ASIC (RockerBox) is a die shrink (40nm -> 28nm) of our SP10 ASIC (Hammer).
It's a relative trivial project, this is why we're feeling safe to do pre-orders for SP30.

(unlike our 3rd gen ASIC, PickAxe for which we won't take pre-orders since the ASIC is an higher risk)

Needless to say, even in this relative trivial project we're doing verification + FPGA validation.

The exact status of the project:
We've submitted final net list to Global Unichip, the tapeout will be in the beginning of May.

Edit: ASICs in the beginning of July. In Hammer case, we had working SP10 system within a week from getting the ASICs.

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:49:59 PM

Haven't seen any group buys for hosted options for these rigs.  Surprising.  Other than 2 months free at shop.   Cry  If you know of any please post.  My electric bill has surpassed my mortgage and need a hosted option.  Shocked
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:51:50 PM

Haven't seen any group buys for hosted options for these rigs.  Surprising.  Other than 2 months free at shop.   Cry  If you know of any please post.  My electric bill has surpassed my mortgage and need a hosted option.  Shocked
If you'll arrange one - we've secured a deal with a high quality data center in Central WA for ultra cheap long term hosting. US bundles customers (50 units or more, SP10 or SP30) are invited to contact us at sales@spondoolies-tech.com for details

For non US customers: http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/collections/products/hosting

We're working to secure more locations (e.g. Iceland)

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 07:02:25 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 08:36:56 PM by Spondoolies-Tech

That picture of a massive farm should send shivers down everyone's spine. Does it mean the end of diversity and spreading the network to a wider base? It might if people who care about bitcoin and cryptocurrency continue acting on their own. There is value in working within groups and collectives to help secure the network away from those LARGER farms. Spondoolies is making a promise to those who want to disrupt that ecosystem that they will be there with chips and miners. I am hoping that it is true and people do join together and secure the network differently. Spondoolies is just one company here is hoping others take up that same challenge and offer chips and miners to a growing group of collectives that are keen on making it impossible to have monopolies on mining in any form.

Our promise is true. Miners, ASICs, Bare boards, whatever it takes to distribute the hash-rate.
We'll support any serious collective and group effort. WPC falls into that category.

We're honing the perfect weapon against those massive farms. A weapon for the EH/s era (1,000 PH/s)

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 07:05:06 PM

@Spondoolies

We can say "full refund" but it won't be true, since the only scenario in which we'll miss July date (not August, July was already sold out) on SP30 is a total catastrophic one, in which refund policy won't matter.

As explained before in the thread, the SP30 ASIC (RockerBox) is a die shrink (40nm -> 28nm) of our SP10 ASIC (Hammer).
It's a relative trivial project, this is why we're feeling safe to do pre-orders for SP30.

(unlike our 3rd gen ASIC, PickAxe for which we won't take pre-orders since the ASIC is an higher risk)

Needless to say, even in this relative trivial project we're doing verification + FPGA validation.

We've submitted final net list to Global Unichip, the tapeout will be in the beginning of May.

Edit: ASICs in the beginning of July. In Hammer case, we had working SP10 system within a week from getting the ASICs.

Thanks for your quick reply Spondoolies-Tech.

Is it fair to summarize your reply by saying: "We don't have a refund policy because we aren't going to miss our dates" ?

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 07:06:36 PM

@Spondoolies

Thanks for your quick reply Spondoolies-Tech.

Is it fair to summarize your reply by saying: "We don't have a refund policy because we aren't going to miss our dates" ?

No

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 07:11:29 PM

Sorry then, I must have misunderstood you. What is your refund policy if 3 SP30s ordered in April for August delivery aren't delivered in August ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: