Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:24:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748200 times)
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:37:54 PM

Hey there IPO is till tomorrow right? I would like to invest 0.6 BTC, how many Qora will I get for that?
gfn134800

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:03:02 PM

If you can tell us about some of the team members as well as the launch time

lucienlu

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

Screenshots prove nothing. Many an IPO scam has had screenshots.

The bare minimum for any IPO should be a well known escrow service provider to hold the BTC. This is a bare minimum, and any IPO that refuses should be immediately questioned.

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.T4gejMMptw2hAf4Zi1BbD4ZtvJDEqeGXE8
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pw2t7Ly1uFCjGiZrKhYeXWJnxfp6ttcC6g
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:53:04 PM

Screenshots prove nothing. Many an IPO scam has had screenshots.

The bare minimum for any IPO should be a well known escrow service provider to hold the BTC. This is a bare minimum, and any IPO that refuses should be immediately questioned.

On the 1st page it says under Escrow:

Escrow is available. For more details check out the link below
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg6086813#msg6086813

rasmanki

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:49:43 PM

Okay. May not be a scam. But its being run as a one-man show. No technical info. No wiki. no website. No proper marketing. How this coin is going to succeed?
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:06:38 PM

Okay. May not be a scam. But its being run as a one-man show. No technical info. No wiki. no website. No proper marketing. How this coin is going to succeed?

how did nxt succeed?

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:13:30 PM

how did nxt succeed?

NXT was something new before we had a flood of 2nd gen coins. Every friken day I see a brand new coin with brand new code. People have new coin fatigue. But the important point is this is 99% likely to be a scam anyway.

NXTL
NEM
NEX
NAS
EXO coin
etc all claim to be completely new coding or 2nd gen coins and they all offer the same services as each other...and most are destined to fail.

wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:18:40 PM

how did nxt succeed?

NXT was something new before we had a flood of 2nd gen coins. Every friken day I see a brand new coin with brand new code. People have new coin fatigue. But the important point is this is 99% likely to be a scam anyway.

NXTL
NEM
NEX
NAS
EXO coin
etc all claim to be completely new coding or 2nd gen coins and they all offer the same services as each other...and most are destined to fail.

eXo and Qora have a working client...only they are the winners for now..time will tell for the others

NAS doesn't count - just copy paste of nxt

EDIT: I also like eMunie - let's not forget eMunie

hyunsookmom

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:30:39 PM

The sad thing is NXT was the only real innovation and people have decided to shy away from it due to some bullshit idea about fairness. All the features people have wanted came first in NXT. I don't care how many times developers say they are completely rewriting NXT code they are copying the original. The original ideas were clearly NXT. I didn't see any 2nd gen coins until NXT open the floodgates.  At least NAS doesn't try pretend to be anything other than a rip off.

Everything since NXT has been about making money for developers cause they realized people will send them money whether or not a new coin is any good or not...Its a personal opinion but if people had actually rallied around NXT and put the word out that this was the new and better Bitcoin then we would all own a great system which would of been tens of times more in price than now. Instead we followed developers trying to make a buck and now we have a fragmented market. I applaud innovation and the best man wins but this move away from NXT was actually reversing the idea that the best system wins, instead going for BS announcements from developers about their coin being better or more fairer than NXT for very minor differences. Basically I'm saying we all lost in the end. NXT could of pushed crypto to the next stage, instead we got a turf war..

Its all BS. You want NXT functions, use NXT. You want to use NXT functions use a clone that was made to make the developer money. That's your choices. Take your pick.

EMunie guy has been shown to have a past in fraudulent activities and scams. GREAT!!!

wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:54:16 PM

The sad thing is NXT was the only real innovation and people have decided to shy away from it due to some bullshit idea about fairness. All the features people have wanted came first in NXT. I don't care how many times developers say they are completely rewriting NXT code they are copying the original. The original ideas were clearly NXT. I didn't see any 2nd gen coins until NXT open the floodgates.  At least NAS doesn't try pretend to be anything other than a rip off.

Everything since NXT has been about making money for developers cause they realized people will send them money whether or not a new coin is any good or not...Its a personal opinion but if people had actually rallied around NXT and put the word out that this was the new and better Bitcoin then we would all own a great system which would of been tens of times more in price than now. Instead we followed developers trying to make a buck and now we have a fragmented market. I applaud innovation and the best man wins but this move away from NXT was actually reversing the idea that the best system wins, instead going for BS announcements from developers about their coin being better or more fairer than NXT for very minor differences. Basically I'm saying we all lost in the end. NXT could of pushed crypto to the next stage, instead we got a turf war..

Its all BS. You want NXT functions, use NXT. You want to use NXT functions use a clone that was made to make the developer money. That's your choices. Take your pick.

EMunie guy has been shown to have a past in fraudulent activities and scams. GREAT!!!

Why are you so pessimistic?

NXT had an unfair launch. That is true. It started also like a beta test. Everyone got tired of it. Every week or day there was a client update. eMunie, eXo and Qora are all based on different source code, or so they seem to be, thus they are something completely different than nxt. Skycoin and etherium will be different too. There is space and potential in all these.

Anyway, back to the subject

tijyoras

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:21:02 PM

NXT had an unfair launch. That is true. It started also like a beta test. Everyone got tired of it. Every week or day there was a client update. eMunie, eXo and Qora are all based on different source code, or so they seem to be, thus they are something completely different than nxt. Skycoin and etherium will be different too. There is space and potential in all these.

Did you invest in Qora?
wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:21:50 PM

Did you invest in Qora?

Yes. Through Anon

qora (OP)

Activity: 231

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:31:06 PM

Obviously there are people for and against alternative cryptocurrencies.
Please stop trying to force your will and give people the choice to make decisions by themselves.
I will not delete any posts in this topic but please keep it civil.

You can see that I have not been able to comment much these last few days.
These have been very busy days for me and I am spending all my free time working on this project.
Hopefully I will have more free time the next few days.

As far as development goes I am responsible for about 90% of it and there is one other person that helps me out with stuff that is not related to the core like the GUI and API. (The API will be completely reworked before the release.)

The release will not be for atleast 2 weeks but should be within a month.
There is still lots that needs to be done to make it a little bit user-friendly.

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:32:02 PM

Did you invest in Qora?

Yes. Through Anon

God , you're collecting every ipo coin around  , I remembr you since the visacoin & co fiasco.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
tijyoras

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:33:08 PM

Obviously there are people for and against alternative cryptocurrencies.
Please stop trying to force your will and give people the choice to make decisions by themselves.
I will not delete any posts in this topic but please keep it civil.

You can see that I have not been able to comment much these last few days.
These have been very busy days for me and I am spending all my free time working on this project.
Hopefully I will have more free time the next few days.

As far as development goes I am responsible for about 90% of it and there is one other person that helps me out with stuff that is not related to the core like the GUI and API. (The API will be completely reworked before the release.)

The release will not be for atleast 2 weeks but should be within a month.
There is still lots that needs to be done to make it a little bit user-friendly.

You planning whitepaper?
wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:35:25 PM

Did you invest in Qora?

Yes. Through Anon

God , you're collecting every ipo coin around  , I remembr you since the visacoin & co fiasco.

Yeah, not all IPO coins of course, but I try to invest if I think that something is worth it.

qora (OP)

Activity: 231

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:37:53 PM

You planning whitepaper?

There are currently no plans for a whitepaper however everything will be documented in detail on the website in time.
I would rather have a very detailed wiki then a whitepaper that only a handful of people will read.

Maybe I should let the investors decide if they want a detailed website before or after the release.

tijyoras

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:57:53 PM

Did you invest in Qora?

Yes. Through Anon

whats wrong with collecting the ipo coin? everyone is here to make money not for charity
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:05:05 PM

Did you invest in Qora?

Yes. Through Anon

Hello.

How do you invest trough Anon?
Is it enough to send the amount to his BTC address or
is needed to send also a PM with TX id and the info.

Thanks.

peled1986
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:20:23 PM

IPO still open?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: