Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:47:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748200 times)
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:01:13 PM

In the meantime I've got first customer who exchanged 2M coins for 2M QORA units and set a selling order.

Also the page has new look and more detailed info http://qoragateway.com/

SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:02:04 PM

At the time being, I would prefer to not use a competitors platform (NXT). But maybe that's just me.

To offer liquidity is beneficial to us and gives NXT people a chance to get to know Qora. BTW Counterparty is also looking for alt-coin assets.

Considering QORA will have its own AE at some point you could also say that traditional exchanges are a competing platform Smiley

Why not launch on XCP as well then, letting people to decide which AE platform and exchange currency (NXT or BTC/XCP) they want to use? I personally would love to buy some Qora for XCP.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:04:35 PM

At the time being, I would prefer to not use a competitors platform (NXT). But maybe that's just me.

To offer liquidity is beneficial to us and gives NXT people a chance to get to know Qora. BTW Counterparty is also looking for alt-coin assets.

Considering QORA will have its own AE at some point you could also say that traditional exchanges are a competing platform Smiley

Why not launch on XCP as well then, letting people to decide what platform they want to use (NXT or BTC/XCP)? I personally would love to buy some Qora for XCP.

Sure why not. I'm a longtime NXTer so it was natural for me to issue an asset on Nxt AE but if anybody would like to do the same on XCP or Mastercoin it would be great.

Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:07:09 PM

Not a supporter, just very impressed by the Distributed-Exchange-That-Must-Not-Be-Named Smiley I'll be of course even more impressed by anything Qora does Smiley

Oh and MSC is on page 2 of Coinmarketcap for a reason. Sinking ship I think.

burp...
SyRenity

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:08:08 PM

Sure why not. I'm a longtime NXTer so it was natural for me to issue an asset on Nxt AE but if anybody would like to do the same on XCP or Mastercoin it would be great.

Checking this with XCP, will post an update here.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:22:08 PM

Why not launch on XCP as well then, letting people to decide which AE platform and exchange currency (NXT or BTC/XCP) they want to use? I personally would love to buy some Qora for XCP.

This is what UP offered with NEM.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:34:05 PM

Also the page has new look and more detailed info http://qoragateway.com/

The awesome purple doesn't make that much of an impression with the black background...  maybe try #676767.

Looks nice. Changed to 676767.

QoraKnight

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:43:19 PM

Checking this with XCP, will post an update here.

No, you obviously don't get it.  There is definitely no reason to use an intermediary coin UNLESS the coin can provide a direct FIAT-to-Crypto exchange.  That's the whole point of having Bitcoin as the reserve currency of the Crypto world.  Bitcoin is well established, and there are many trusted FIAT-TO-CRYPTO channels.

Right now we're witnessing a race to have Bitcoin replaced and a concerted effort to have a new standard established (2nd-gen coins race). and the coin that wins out will become the new designated reserve currency. Nxt (and even counterparty) is leading the pack at the moment since they've already have a built-in exchange. So simply put, by listing on a competitor's exchange, we're essentially telling people that the competitor (ie. NXT) should be the next reserve currency that will take on Bitcoin's current status and role. Is that a wise move in your opinion?

Keep in mind listing on another coin's exchange will only give our competitors more leverage and an edge over Qora, which does not have a built-in exchange at the moment.  It will help promote the competitor's platform and not the other way around since Qora, being late to the game, is still in its infancy and is not necessarily features-rich at this stage.  Bottom line is we should protect Qora and give it more time to become mature.

As a newly converted enemy of Nxt, I have no intention of helping Nxt succeed (in fact, I have just the opposite intention). I hate Nxt with a passion and I will do anything to decimate it and run its price down to the ground.  Angry Angry Angry

On the other hand, there are already several established altcoins markets where trades are possible. I know busoni and Poloniex, and I trust them wholeheartedly. There is no reason for Qora to get listed on our competitor's exchange and give our enemies ammo, when we can already list our beloved Qora in traditional markets run by trusted guys like busoni.

I rest my case.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:56:32 PM

Looks nice. Changed to 676767.

A thought crossed my mind because of this discussion...  look at my signature!!!   Cool

Wow. Did the same.

Code:
[url=http://coinia.net/Q][color=#4440c0][b]QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE[/b][/color][/url] [color=#333333]| QRhPStz6C4C4MBgC9kmbUbJRQdGsZqe1EK[/color]
[url=https://twitter.com/qoracoin][color=#4440c0]twitter.com/qoracoin[/color][/url] [color=#333333]|[/color] [url=https://www.facebook.com/qoracoin][color=#4440c0]facebook.com/qoracoin[/color][/url]

Daedelus

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:08:44 PM

As a newly converted enemy of Nxt, I have no intention of helping Nxt succeed (in fact, I have just the opposite intention). I hate Nxt with a passion and I will do anything to decimate it and run its price down to the ground.  Angry Angry Angry

What exactly is it that you don't like, beyond that you see it as a competitor?
SyRenity

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:26:55 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 11:43:28 PM by SyRenity

Right now we're witnessing a race to have Bitcoin replaced and a concerted effort to have a new standard established (2nd-gen coins race). and the coin that wins out will become the new designated reserve currency. Nxt (and even counterparty) is leading the pack at the moment since they've already have a built-in exchange. So simply put, by listing on a competitor's exchange, we're essentially telling people that the competitor (ie. NXT) should be the next reserve currency that will take on Bitcoin's current status and role. Is that a wise move in your opinion?

Keep in mind listing on another coin's exchange will only give our competitors more leverage and an edge over Qora, which does not have a built-in exchange at the moment.  It will help promote the competitor's platform and not the other way around since Qora, being late to the game, is still in its infancy and is not necessarily features-rich at this stage.  Bottom line is we should protect Qora and give it more time to become mature.

Sorry, but I don't agree with this zero-game thinking. There is enough space for multiple gen2 alts, which will slowly replace the current bunch of gen1's (or these will evolve into them, like peercoin for example). While NXT has indeed the first to market advantage, it focuses on providing a solution only to a specific set of problems, leaving rest to be handled by other competition. Focus, doing only several things well is the key to success of any new initiative, just ask any start-up or even look at Bitcoin for the matter.

Back to our matter at hand, putting Qora on other gen2 exchanges will actually make it more visible to these gen2 holders, and allow them easily to divest their holdings to this exciting new crypto, increasing the trading volume and as a result, pushing the value and price. Also additional advantage is having Qora opened to new trading pairs (NXT, XCP, etc...), without waiting for the exchange to add them up. And the cherry on the cake - as this a distributed exchange, no one can run off with your precious qoras, as just happened with sharecoin.

I've already in touch with XCP team which likes this idea, and hope there will be some good news for qora and xcp communities soon.
QoraKnight

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:32:16 PM

Pray tell. Why do Nxters keep on perpetuating the myth that Qora is just another NXT clone on nxtforum?

Just two quick examples:

================================
 Re: How many Nxt clones so far?
May 27, 2014, 03:53:01 am

You missed Qora i think.

Re: How many Nxt clones so far?
Today at 08:35:21 am

Qora  Nas  N2  NTX   by now

I don't have any problem or hold any grudge against any NXT dev per se. But I do have problem with majority of the Nxt investors, since they're obnoxious and always have an angle in everything (secretly pushing their agendas and slandering others in the process). For some unknown reason, NXT seems to attract the worst crowd in the crypto community, the conniving, slandering type.

I guess they just really got on my nerve, and I'm openly calling for WAR if they still refuse to change their tactics. If they want to talk about NXT, talk about the damn coin in NXT's own thread and stop plastering every thread with their lies and promotion shit.  I am truly pissed and hate NXT, and I have no wish to see any NXT discussion in the threads I frequent (By the way, I never visited NXT thread.). Stay out of my beloved Qora!

If they still refuse to change their strategy and tactics, I will snipe NXT and turn it into a pump & dump scheme because I've grown to hate it so much to the point that the mere mention of NXT gets me enraged.  Angry

I honestly don't care if people think it's just a bluff or not. Bluffing is not what I'm doing here. I just wish to get the warning out that I'm looking to get rid of this NXT plague, and get this NXT disease that've infested several threads under control, and keep those idiots' actions under check. That's all.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:36:10 PM

Pray tell. Why do Nxters keep on perpetuating the myth that Qora is just another NXT clone on nxtforum?

I'm sorry but for me it looks like a battle of one dumbass againt others. If you see Nxt as an enemy please keep it out of Qora thread. We've got more important things to do than throwing shit in Nxt.

QoraKnight

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:43:19 PM

dzarmush,

First of all, who elected you the spokesperson of Qora and why are you making every decision?  Who gives you the right to decide where Qora should be listed or traded? Doesn't that decision belong to the community?

And do you honestly think with your share, you represent the community?

You were the one promoting NXT Asset Exchange in the first place, and personally, I think you should stop and get the fuck out.

If you want to promote Qora on NXT AE, go do that in NXT thread. This thread is about Qora and Qora only.

NXT AE promotion belongs somewhere else, and no, as a major NXT community partcpant and promoter, you will never get my vote.

Grin

I'm sorry but for me it looks like a battle of one dumbass againt others. If you see Nxt as an enemy please keep it out of Qora thread. We've got more important things to do than throwing shit in Nxt.
Daedelus

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:47:06 PM

From the little we have to go on (Jean-Luc's quick review), Qora might be based on v4.x of the Nxt code. They could be cousins, based on the same heritage but different.

Until it is open source or unobfuscated, Qora could well be based on Nxt and could be called a clone, uncharitably or as shorthand depending on your view.

... please keep it out of Qora thread. We've got more important things to do...

Ok.
QoraKnight

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:50:18 PM

I'm calling a spade, a spade.  You were the one promoting NXT Asset Exchange in the Qora thread, and I think it's highly inappropriate.

I do not like the fact that you think you're the one that's calling the shot when you're actively promoting NXT in Qora thread (which is understandable consider the sizable NXT holding you have).

You do not represent the community and you do not have the approval of one of the biggest holders to promote Qora on NXT AE. I despise you for what you're doing, and I'm asking you to drop the NXT AE promotion.

I did not name anyone in my posts, but I'm calling you out now.

Please take your NXT AE shit with you and crawl back to the NXT thread where it (and you) belongs.

Thank you.  Smiley

THE FIRST QORA GATEWAY

NXT ASSET EXCHANGE

Account: NXT-SSGH-KCZX-YBJQ-7NKWE
Asset Id:  2950240446121913764

Deposits
Send any amount of Qora over 10,000.00 to QRhPStz6C4C4MBgC9kmbUbJRQdGsZqe1EK and PM to dzarmush https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=176058 your NXT address in Reed Solomon Format (for example: NXT-SSGH-KCZX-YBJQ-7NKWE)

Fees
0.5% Deposits
0.5% Withdrawals

Minimum deposit
10,000.00 Qora

Minimum withdrawal
10,000 QORA

Redemption time
Maximum 48 hours. Just for a few first days.
Minimum 1 hour

P.S. I bought a domain name, but haven't built a website. Will make a simple page withing a couple of days.

P.P.S. I'll contact Anon136 after (if) I got first 10M Qora. 

Can someone explain how this works, or point me to where it is explained in detail. I have used the Nxt asset exchange with NEM.

How does this work. Im confused about the 1hour, 48 hours, etc.

Just a simple explanation will do. Went back four pages, was that not far enough lol.

Someone already perfectly explained how it works. I just wanted to add a bit from myself.

As for the price as soon as someone sends me Qora coins and get Qora tokens you'll probably see better offers. The only selling offer is mine. It's just a price I feel comfortable to sell my coins.

After everything is settled and stable and confirmed trasactions don't cancel because someone sent coins being in a fork I'll be doing 90% desposits and withdrawals withing 1 hour tops, since I spend most time in internet anyway.
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:50:50 PM

dzarmush,

First of all, who elected you the spokesperson of Qora and why are you making every decision?  Who gives you the right to decide where Qora should be listed or traded? Doesn't that decision belong to the community?

Dzarmush put a lot of effort into promoting Qora. Giveaways, logo designs, website desigs etc etc. This gives him right of speaking. You on the other hand, make exactly 1 good post and then start ranting.

So now can't we all just get a long. Enough trolling in this thread already.

burp...
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:53:52 PM

dzarmush,
First of all, who elected you the spokesperson of Qora and why are you making every decision?

No one has elected me. I'm not the spokesperson and I'm not making any decisions for anybody except myself.

Who gives you the right to decide where Qora should be listed or traded? Doesn't that decision belong to the community?

Nobody gave me the right. Any person in the world has the right to start or stop trading Qora wherever he wants. You can't forbid someone to trade Qora.

No, dumbass, I don't thinks so.

If you want to promote Qora on NXT AE, go do that in NXT thread. This thread is about Qora and Qora only.

How could one be so retarded. Qora holders can sell their coins through AE, dumbass.

NXT AE promotion belongs somewhere else, and no, as a major NXT community partcpant and promoter, you will never get my vote.

I don't care about you or your vote.

P.S. I don't know why I even bother to answer some asshole with 3 posts.

QoraKnight

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:59:24 PM

darzmush,

I can assure you this -- if we have a poll of all the Qora stakeholders and early adopters now, you will be asked to leave.  Keep in mind that you were not elected the spokesperson of Qora, and you were not appointed the leader of Qora. A lot of us are honestly not happy with you and want you to go.

First off, I'm in talk (and in league) with several early Qora adopters and stakeholders.  And if all of our voice will be heard, you will realize none of us want anything to do with NXT or NXT Asset Exchange.

To many of us, it just adds an extra step and hassle to our trade activities.  So how can the true voice of the Qora community be heard? We certainly do not want to have dzarmush speak for us, and made decisions on our behalf. Having an open survey or poll will show that I'm telling you the truth.

Is this a democracy or a one-man show (dictatorship)?

dzarmush does not represent us, and he does not have our support nor our permission to make decisions on the majority of Qora investors behalf.

dzarmush,

First of all, who elected you the spokesperson of Qora and why are you making every decision?  Who gives you the right to decide where Qora should be listed or traded? Doesn't that decision belong to the community?

Dzarmush put a lot of effort into promoting Qora. Giveaways, logo designs, website desigs etc etc. This gives him right of speaking. You on the other hand, make exactly 1 good post and then start ranting.

So now can't we all just get a long. Enough trolling in this thread already.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:03:27 AM

Looks like the asshole wants to prevent Qora expansion and success.

Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: