Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:42:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:44:44 PM

Can anyone explain to me concisely why Qora will be better than Nxt?

You already asked that question and loads of people attempted to answer your question. Did you forget fuckhead?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg7196876#msg7196876

After reading up, I can see this went nowhere last time.  Does it help if I ask which features Qora is planning that Nxt is not planning?  Obviously I'm trying to make some differentiation between the two and having a hard time of it.  Is it just too early for this?

Check last two posts of Qora dev  Roll Eyes

How can I do that?  I'm a potential investor with a legitimate question.

Here is the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=289537;sa=showPosts
Read it. Think.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:48:40 PM

You already asked that question and loads of people attempted to answer your question. Did you forget fuckhead?

After reading up, I can see this went nowhere last time.  Does it help if I ask which features Qora is planning that Nxt is not planning?  Obviously I'm trying to make some differentiation between the two and having a hard time of it.  Is it just too early for this?

Here is the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=289537;sa=showPosts
Read it. Think.

What are those last two posts supposed to show me?
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:52:38 PM

Read it. Think.

The link is the source for analyzing and thinking. You can extract the direction of Qora movement from it by yourself.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:55:54 PM

Read it. Think.

The link is the source for analyzing and thinking. You can extract the direction of Qora movement from it by yourself.

I think I have.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:01:13 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=289537;sa=showPosts

This may help  Smiley

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:04:57 PM

After reading up, I can see this went nowhere last time.  Does it help if I ask which features Qora is planning that Nxt is not planning?  Obviously I'm trying to make some differentiation between the two and having a hard time of it.  Is it just too early for this?

Check last two posts of Qora dev  Roll Eyes

How can I do that?  I'm a potential investor with a legitimate question.

Read it. Think.

I think I have.

1. New source.

2. New POS aglorithm. "The algorithm will allow accounts to start generating blocks after only 10 confirmations. Each account will also know at exactly which point they will generate the next block."

3. Most useful desktop client ever. Among 2nd gen coins.

4. Alisases trading platform.

5. Dev is working on anonymous transactions.

6. Voting system will be implemented by the end of the week.

Answering your first question: "Can anyone explain to me concisely why Qora will be better than Nxt?", nobody states that Qora will necessarily be better than Nxt. From what we have now I can say that it's an original cryptocurrency with unique source. The dev is one of those geniuses that push the crypto world forward. All of that together means that Qora is not one of those weird coins like eMunie or Nem or Nxtl. It's something big and the future will show how big it is.

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:13:18 PM

1. New source.

2. New POS aglorithm. "The algorithm will allow accounts to start generating blocks after only 10 confirmations. Each account will also know at exactly which point they will generate the next block."

Answering your first question: "Can anyone explain to me concisely why Qora will be better than Nxt?", nobody states that Qora will necessarily be better than Nxt. From what we have now I can say that it's an original cryptocurrency with unique source. The dev is one of those geniuses that push the crypto world forward. All of that together means that Qora is not one of those weird coins like eMunie or Nem or Nxtl. It's something big and the future will show how big it is.

Thank you for your thoughtful response.  The dev has shown himself to be a genius through his work on Qora thus far or does he have other credentials?  I have heard the rumor that he is in fact BCNxt.  Is that still just a rumor?
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:26:24 PM

1. New source.

Thank you for your thoughtful response.  The dev has shown himself to be a genius through his work on Qora thus far or does he have other credentials?  I have heard the rumor that he is in fact BCNxt.  Is that still just a rumor?

Yep. I don't think we will ever find out. Most importantly that the patter is the same. Instead of years of development we got the coin within a couple of month and had 7 new versions of the client since then. We'll have v9.0 by the end of the week and the opportunity to vote what features shoud be implemented next.

As for Qora/BCNext:
1. He write "can not" instead of "cannot".
2. He doesn't worry about a nice logo, website, even open topic look. ANN topic was one of the uglyest OP on the forum. The same as Nxt's.
3. He doesn't spend a lot of time on the forum, but coding instead. He even missed IPO closing! So he's super focused on the code.
4. He is Europian.
5. He invented new POS algorithm.
6. He's working on anonymous transactions.
7. He postponed IPO because he didn't want to have the same problem that Nxt has.
8. Both Qora and Nxt have great names. Qora sounds awesome, Nxt was the right name for the first 2nd gen coin. So equally great.
9. He never denied he's not the same person.
10. BCNext's original hero account (one of NXTers guess) was again abandoned and 2 weeks later - there was a Qora.
11. As for the distribution - mining is lame, it is better to have IPO whales who can easily provide bounties for future development and marketing.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:41:58 PM

I believe qora said the function will be there at the end of the week bit it won't work till a further update a week from then.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:43:20 PM

@bitcoinrocks First, I am invested in many coins, but Nxt and Qora are 2 of the larger amounts for alts. I don't think at this point you will find a definitive answer to your question. What I can say is, thus far, I have had a lot less problems with the Qora client than I did in the beginnings of Nxt. I also seem to get better and more frequent block rewards with Qora with a comparable investment.

Both Java based
Different Codebase
Multi OS Bitcoin QT like client
Interesting Password/Seeding
Fuction over Form

If we remove all the fud/troll/argument/promotion posts, I think you'll find it's a solid investment as the potential is there.

From what I see this far, the dev Qora will deliver all features, but it will be up to the community to determine if it will become a success.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:43:53 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 12:24:55 AM by dzarmush

I believe qora said the function will be there at the end of the week bit it won't work till a further update a week from then.

Yep. He wants to give everybody some time to update clients. But the feature itself will be implemented.

Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:09:47 AM

3. I know renat0 thinks himself as the biggest Qora owner and buyer out there, since he's been actively buying all the Qora out on the market. So part of me is very eager to show my card - Show that I am actually the biggest holder of Qora and not that pompous ass, and shut his trap once and for all. On the other hand, I cannot help but wonder whether my action will harm the price of Qora or not because my stake is much larger than his.

So I let you guys decide.

If you can prove you are the truly biggest holder, that's be great.
I don't think it can harm the price.
gilbertzk3r

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:17:46 AM

People,

I honestly want to do what's good for Qora.  Now NEM is out of the race, we've got one less competitor. It should come as obvious to anyone that Qora and NXT will prolly be the only 2nd-Gen coins left in the foreseeable future.

So here is my proposal -

1. We exercise self-censorship.  We will voluntarily remove all the useless posts in the last 10 pages or so.  If you guys do it, I will surely follow suit. I'm making you a deal to make this thread look better. It'll be good for Qora.

2. So I came on here with a different opinion, and people in this thread started attacking me without justifiable reason, telling me to go away, and calling me a troll. Well, all I was telling you in the beginning is not to promote NXT AE Gateway in Qora thread, and that makes me a troll? Why are you so eager to defend Nxt AE Gateway?

With renat0, I can see the reason. He is one of the biggest buyer and holder of NXT, so he's got a perfect reason to promote both coins in Qora's thread. How about the rest of you guys? Why do you like to talk about NXT so much in Qora thread?

And you're calling me a Troll? You're just NXT trolls yourself.  Smiley

3. I know renat0 thinks himself as the biggest Qora owner and buyer out there, since he's been actively buying all the Qora out on the market. So part of me is very eager to show my card - Show that I am actually the biggest holder of Qora and not that pompous ass, and shut his trap once and for all. On the other hand, I cannot help but wonder whether my action will harm the price of Qora or not because my stake is much larger than his.

So I let you guys decide.

4. I honestly wish a more suitable person will agree to step up to the plate and replace Dzarmush as project lead. This person should not have conflicted interests (not a major stakeholder of another coin).

NotSoShifty has my vote. I honestly hope nonsoshifty will agree to be the new project lead, and replace dzarmush.

Thanks.  Smiley

support plan 1.
if you want to show your card,support it too.

eli_lyd1

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:00:48 AM

I suggest everybody does 2 things.

2. And most important. If 5-10 people report QoraKnight we will be at least warned by mods to leave the thread. If he don't stop post here he will be banned. So everybody please report him and put this or your own text in details field: "This user posts multiple comments day after day. We can't discuss anything because of his trolling. On some pages 50% of total comments is posted by this troll. Could you please ban him?"
No need to do that.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:03:26 AM

2. And most important. If 5-10 people report QoraKnight we will be at least warned by mods to leave the thread. If he don't stop post here he will be banned. So everybody please report him and put this or your own text in details field: "This user posts multiple comments day after day. We can't discuss anything because of his trolling. On some pages 50% of total comments is posted by this troll. Could you please ban him?"
No need to do that.

Just check last 10-15 pages, he's posting like crazy. Every other post is his. He's literally blocking the thread.

eli_lyd1

Activity: 422

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:08:01 AM

No need to do that.

Just check last 10-15 pages, he's posting like crazy. Every other post is his. He's literally blocking the thread.
I don't think it is a problem. He just keep the thread on the top.
His idea is just different with many people. We should accept the  existing of diffrence.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:15:23 AM

No need to do that.

His idea is just different with many people. We should accept the  existing of diffrence.

So he convinced you he's not a troll. I must admit he's good.

Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:59:55 AM

No need to do that.

So he convinced you he's not a troll. I must admit he's good.
All you did like a child.
All your reputation is fading.
Yes anyone who has the different views with yours are troll. Grin
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:11:32 AM

1. New source.

Yep. I don't think we will ever find out. Most importantly that the patter is the same. Instead of years of development we got the coin within a couple of month and had 7 new versions of the client since then. We'll have v9.0 by the end of the week and the opportunity to vote what features shoud be implemented next.

As for Qora/BCNext:
1. He write "can not" instead of "cannot".
2. He doesn't worry about a nice logo, website, even open topic look. ANN topic was one of the uglyest OP on the forum. The same as Nxt's.
3. He doesn't spend a lot of time on the forum, but coding instead. He even missed IPO closing! So he's super focused on the code.
4. He is Europian.
5. He invented new POS algorithm.
6. He's working on anonymous transactions.
7. He postponed IPO because he didn't want to have the same problem that Nxt has.
8. Both Qora and Nxt have great names. Qora sounds awesome, Nxt was the right name for the first 2nd gen coin. So equally great.
9. He never denied he's not the same person.
10. BCNext's original hero account (one of NXTers guess) was again abandoned and 2 weeks later - there was a Qora.
11. As for the distribution - mining is lame, it is better to have IPO whales who can easily provide bounties for future development and marketing.

Very thoughtful and concise update.

Any update on the website and launch timeline?

Thanks Dzarmush! Keep up the good work.
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:14:50 AM

All you did like a child.
All your reputation is fading.
Yes anyone who has the different views with yours are troll. Grin

Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: