Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:25:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046628 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Snagglebone

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:57:22 PM

So he concluded that the Scrypt algorithm somehow gave a coin it's value? That doesn't even make sense and makes his conclusion suspect. Bitcoin dwarfs all other alt-coins combined in terms of pretty much all those factors and does not use the Scrypt algorithm, therefore the Scrypt algorithm has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Here's a link to the episode:  https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/the-bitcoin-game-18-jeremy-gardner-adam-hayes

He looked at "66 commonly traded altcoins against bitcoin".  So in his analysis, of those alts, Scrypt algo apparently did better over other algos. 

I'm not sure what time period he used, but you know crypto - much can change quickly (see $UNO hash rate).  I think he did solid work using the data he had available to him at the time.  From the sound of it there was visual info accompanying his presentation - I'd like to see the $UNO data.  As it is - I thought the info was very positive for Unobtanium. 

I very seriously doubt it had anything to do with the algorithm. Scrypt was the second successful algorithm to come out, so it has the majority of the non-SHA256 traffic and really the only one to have ASICs built for it. I can in no way see how the choice of algorithm makes a single tiny bit of difference to the miner, as miners will mine whatever is the most profitable with the hardware they have. I doubt many of the people (if any besides myself and a few others) in this thread can even describe any of the algorithms or how they work, so why would they care? They don't.

Anyway, that'd kind of off topic. I think he should have left the algorithm bit out of the whole thing, as it is a red herring and data puffery.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:58:49 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2015, 11:35:30 PM by siameze

Hi,

Any news on Windows 32 wallet? And an ignorant question: If I have my wallet on a 32-bit machine, the only machine I have, does this mean I have to wait for the 32 version before I can use it?

Thanks!

I haven't heard any word from anyone on a Win32 wallet unfortunately. Sad

Having a good development environment so I can build for all OS's is on my to-do list. I'm close to meeting my funding goal to buy an extra box to do it on, as I'd rather do builds on a dedicated machine that isn't used for anything else.

Thanks siameze. This isn't directed at you, and I might be missing something, but why the fuck would there not be an immediate update for a win32 wallet when there's a hard fork?

I honestly have no clue, I only recently got involved with UNO and my specialty is mainly unix. The events of the fork to MM got me thinking it might be a good idea for me to learn how to build cross-platform so everyone has what they need. I'm not a fan of leaving anyone in the userbase struggling during updates.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with a friend who will kindly sell me a Windows lappy for the low price of 0.5 BTC. Stay tuned.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:53:54 PM

'data puffery' -- great term!

IMZ Mark
Maurice_WJ113

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:07:26 AM

Hi,

Any news on Windows 32 wallet? And an ignorant question: If I have my wallet on a 32-bit machine, the only machine I have, does this mean I have to wait for the 32 version before I can use it?

Thanks!

I haven't heard any word from anyone on a Win32 wallet unfortunately. Sad

Having a good development environment so I can build for all OS's is on my to-do list. I'm close to meeting my funding goal to buy an extra box to do it on, as I'd rather do builds on a dedicated machine that isn't used for anything else.

Thanks siameze. This isn't directed at you, and I might be missing something, but why the fuck would there not be an immediate update for a win32 wallet when there's a hard fork?

I honestly have no clue, I only recently got involved with UNO and my specialty is mainly unix. The events of the fork to MM got me thinking it might be a good idea for me to learn how to build cross-platform so everyone has what they need. I'm not a fan of leaving anyone in the userbase struggling during updates.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with a friend who will kindly sell me a Windows lappy for the low price of 0.5 BTC. Stay tuned.

Sweet, thanks siameze.
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:12:06 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 01:25:24 AM by infernoman

Still having problem with unobtaniumd constantly crashing. takes me 4-5 restarts to get it to stay online... then works for 5 or so hours sometimes longer up to 12.

A fix would be great:

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1418-unobtanium-uno-information/?p=182392

Just experienced this problem myself.
quick fix below will restart the daemon. which can be put on cron to run every minute
ps -ef |grep -v grep|grep unobtaniumd || unobtaniumd
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 02:31:59 AM

Still having problem with unobtaniumd constantly crashing. takes me 4-5 restarts to get it to stay online... then works for 5 or so hours sometimes longer up to 12.

A fix would be great:

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1418-unobtanium-uno-information/?p=182392

Just experienced this problem myself.
quick fix below will restart the daemon. which can be put on cron to run every minute
ps -ef |grep -v grep|grep unobtaniumd || unobtaniumd

thanks, that's an ok bandaid for now. Would really like someone to dig into this some more. Should someone log an issue in github?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 03:55:33 AM

slightly off top - more shite from the OKCoin debacle.

http://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/37u6ca/okcoins_response_to_czs_lies_and_desperate/

it just gets worse & worse (and everyone else is to brame)

apologies for brief derailment!
There's an easy solution, just buy Unobtanium...

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:18:09 AM

[SIGH]

I have simply failed in my efforts to write (saleable) Basic Crypto Security instructions. Here's why:

https://cryptoguild.qnetau.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3&p=488#p488

Ian and I will discuss it, and report to the community. (Our translator is likely to encounter similar difficulties.)

IMZ Mark
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:11:57 AM

http://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/37u6ca/okcoins_response_to_czs_lies_and_desperate/

i dont see that as a solution.

especially if we're actively chasing the chinese 'market'

the same practices they have maintained wrt bitcoin (and i sincerely doubt OKCoin are alone) could be fatal to UNO/lesser alts and may well seriously harm us all - not that theyll give a shit.

have you been keeping up with whats been going on?
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:37:27 PM

the same practices they have maintained wrt bitcoin (and i sincerely doubt OKCoin are alone) could be fatal to UNO/lesser alts and may well seriously harm us all - not that theyll give a shit.

@Edgar
Please give us a summary about what's going on with the asia markets as i have not been able to keep up with everything that's happening right now.

I'm on the Bitcoin fork thing and it does not look good for Bitcoin. Basically it falls apart and Gavin starts his own altcoin and tries to take down Bitcoin with his actions. The situation looks really grim right now for the Bitcoin community. This could crash hard. In case Bitcoin forks into two chains both chains will likely loose most if not all of their value. The dev team falls apart. There is a lot stuff going on right now. It is quite possible Bitcoin could see double digits this year thanks to Gavin.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:46:05 PM

it does not look/sound/appear good at all.

however we've seen the price lower on good news and rise on bad news so its all a bit, whats the word... unprecedented?

heres the tail end of the row, yesterday - http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/37tm1b/czs_statement_regarding_the_dispute_between/

the retort by star xu was posted earlier today - http://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/37u6ca/okcoins_response_to_czs_lies_and_desperate/

sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:59:48 PM

[SIGH]

I have simply failed in my efforts to write (saleable) Basic Crypto Security instructions. Here's why:

https://cryptoguild.qnetau.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3&p=488#p488

Ian and I will discuss it, and report to the community. (Our translator is likely to encounter similar difficulties.)

IMZ Mark

Keep it simple! You are over-thinking it. Basics for a basic guide. Then include links for further reading if people are so inclined. A huge fault of my own is trying to understand things from the bottom up. It is impractical though as i don't need to understand how teeth form in my mouth, i just need to know brushing them removes crap stuck in the crevices and that helps prevent cavities. If you are trying to write a Basic guide make sure it is actually basic. When it comes to security there are a million and a half things you could do to make things more secure, but there are most likely a handful of things that people do to make their stuff really vulnerable.

To keep my next statement basic, if bitcoin can be derailed by one individual, better it happen now than 10 years later. Pathetic, but it is a bridge that must be crossed. If this whole ecosystem is that frail, then fuck it, doesn't deserve to be. Wtf is an OKcoin? "All i wanna do is get my kicks before this whole shit house goes up in flames  Cool"

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
mightgetlucky

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:12:05 PM

Really tired of all the crypto drama i'm not even paying attention to it and i don't think the china cares.
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:09:36 PM

@Edgar
Please give us a summary about what's going on with the asia markets as i have not been able to keep up with everything that's happening right now.

I'm on the Bitcoin fork thing and it does not look good for Bitcoin. Basically it falls apart and Gavin starts his own altcoin and tries to take down Bitcoin with his actions. The situation looks really grim right now for the Bitcoin community. This could crash hard. In case Bitcoin forks into two chains both chains will likely loose most if not all of their value. The dev team falls apart. There is a lot stuff going on right now. It is quite possible Bitcoin could see double digits this year thanks to Gavin.

I am prepared for all contingencies. I built the competing codebase here: http://thebitcoin.foundation/index.html and it is beautiful, clean code for what it is. This new "BitcoinXT" not so much.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:51:07 PM

I am prepared for all contingencies. I built the competing codebase here: http://thebitcoin.foundation/index.html and it is beautiful, clean code for what it is. This new "BitcoinXT" not so much.

This is the puritan MP foundation, right?
Are you associated with MP?
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:32:14 PM

No, not "associated" with MP though I do find #bitcoin-assets to be quite entertaining.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Snagglebone

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:52:03 PM

No, not "associated" with MP though I do find #bitcoin-assets to be quite entertaining.

Can you define what you mean by "entertaining?"
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:21:19 PM

Can you define what you mean by "entertaining?"

Some things can't be explained, they must be experienced.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
MichaelNZ

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:39:42 PM

I have no doubt this has been covered before somewhere in the previous 400+ pages, but as search is disabled, it's not going to be easy to find.

I was recently sent an amount of of UNO, the first transaction to my wallet since 30-3-2015 ... The wallet would not synch (v0.9.5.0) ... I went in search of a solution and from the coin's website found the wallet had been updated to v0.10b together with a new config file.

I downloaded the windows version ... I run 32bit Win 7 ... Extracted the .zip and tried to run it ... This is what I received ... Don't understand what version of Win is the .exe designed for ?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Next part ... using v0.9.5.0 with the latest config file I was able to get the wallet to mostly synch, however the amount of UNO I was sent has not appeared in my wallet as yet, even though the console is as shown

The current number of blocks never matches the estimated to fully synch ... I have deleted previous block info and re-synched still nothing.
The transaction is shown in block explorer ...http://explorer.coinpayments.net/address.php?chain=19&addr=uKFdGADVd6B8K7roUAQPu1kkFoF8PX5HEK

Anyone know what I should do ?

siameze
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:53:45 PM

@ MichaelNZ

The wallet won't fully sync because the newer wallet version is a fork, and as far as I know there isn't a 32-bit Windows version yet. Sad

EDIT: The only temporary solution that I know off the top of my head is to run a 64-bit VMware image or similar, and honestly that isn't a great solution. :/

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: