Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:04:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506541 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:21:33 PM

Thank you Smiley

Your most welcome.
AtomicFrost

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:25:14 PM

Hey we never got an answer what is in these things as opposed to what is in the zeus machines.  I wouldn't care so much except that the power consumption figures on these devices is way higher than it should be.  Since you mentioned blizzard I'll use that as an example.  Blizzard is rated 15 watts and does 1.26MH/s but fury is rated 35 watts for 1MH/s.  Even if we assume the hashing will turn out the same, why does it use almost 2.5 times the power?  

The Blizzards will actual be using about 40w of power for about 1.3MH. I'm not sure how Zeus managed to be so far off on the power numbers.  Huh
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the Fury will end up about the same spec wise.

The Lightening miners from Zeus use 3200w now . . .  

Seems like GAW Miners's miners will be more energy efficient by a bit. Hopefully  Grin
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 11:33:58 PM

Hey All!

Many of you already know (and many don't!) that I've launched the official GAW Affiliate Program.  Grin

I'm looking for anyone and everyone who's willing to promote our GAWesome brand.

The payouts are from 3-5% depending on monthly sales revenues:

• Brand new accounts earn a 3% commission.
  • Accounts with 50k in monthly sales earn 4%.
  • Accounts with 100k in monthly sales earn 5%.

For the next 48 hours, all manually approved signups will receive an additional 1% commission on top of the regular rates (so 4-6% instead).

You may sign up at:

https://affiliate.gawminers.com

Once you are approved, you will have access to our marketing banners and your affiliate link.

Our average conversion rate fluctuates from 2-5% and average sale is about $1,000.

If your website is in the tech industry, your traffic will convert well. If you're in the bitcoin/altcoin industry specifically (blogs, pools, forums, etc) - you will be blown away by your results.  Cool

Thank you all and I look forward to working with you!

Rami
CMO
GAWMiners.com
rami@gawminers.com

P.S. You may email me for more info or for help with any questions you may have regarding our affiliate program.

great stuff! thanks!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
volder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:14:13 AM

Hey everyone,

I have a question for you. Its going to sound a little strange, but I will do my best to word it here.

One of the things I have noticed in this industry, like most, is there is a stoke of competition. Who has the biggest rig, who gets it first, most amount of hash power, who can set up the most efficient miners, who can yield the most profit, etc. Some of those things are monetarily driven, but some of it is based on the "skill" of the miner.

What makes the "best" miners, the best?
What are some examples of the way miners compete with each other that's skill based?
What kind of things make a miner more credible? Or give them more influence?

I would love to hear your thoughts Smiley
Well, are we talking about miner as "the person" doing the mining or are we talking about the miner as "the hardware" doing the mining? Your questions need further clarification.

Regular Guy™
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:20:16 AM

Hey everyone,

I have a question for you. Its going to sound a little strange, but I will do my best to word it here.

One of the things I have noticed in this industry, like most, is there is a stoke of competition. Who has the biggest rig, who gets it first, most amount of hash power, who can set up the most efficient miners, who can yield the most profit, etc. Some of those things are monetarily driven, but some of it is based on the "skill" of the miner.

What are some examples of the way miners compete with each other that's skill based?

Well, are we talking about miner as "the person" doing the mining or are we talking about the miner as "the hardware" doing the mining? Your questions need further clarification.
IMO he meant the miners as mining hardware.
I'd say the best miners are the ones that offer the most hash for the price and are real.
The worst kind of miner is the one you never get (see BFL). Cheesy

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
aumusxou

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:23:18 AM

Hey everyone,

Their contributions to the community in software/hardware mods, power delivery setups, overclocking guides, setup guides, and sharing performance tweaks and settings.  Those that share the most, and the best ideas, and have the most elegant implementations of ideas and applications.

Aside from any prestige based recognition, the person with the best ROI and biggest hashrate are pretty simple to "respect".
volder

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:27:06 AM

Hey everyone,

I'd say the best miners are the ones that offer the most hash for the price and are real.
I thought so you initially. But he mentions skill and I know they are hiring a game developer.

Regular Guy™
bitgeek

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:33:05 AM

Hey everyone,

I thought so you initially. But he mentions skill and I know they are hiring a game developer.
In relevance to people these are too hard for me to answer. Why would a miner as a person need to be more credible? He's just an anonymous guy, a nickname on the pool's list.

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
volder

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:46:50 AM

Hey everyone,

In relevance to people these are too hard for me to answer. Why would a miner as a person need to be more credible? He's just an anonymous guy, a nickname on the pool's list.
On the same note, why would a hardware manufacturer need skill? That's why I asked for more clarification. :-)

Regular Guy™
vabchgent

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:53:02 AM

Josh
I ordered a couple of the blizzards to give them a shot. I will be ordering more. Do we know if and what software the new miners will be running. I am a strict windows user that is why I am asking, Thanks  

We dont sell blizzards Smiley

We have an announcement coming tomorrow about the client Smiley

Sorry about that the Fury  Grin and I will be looking forward to the announcement. Thanks

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:07:51 AM

Just finished my last interview of the day for tomorrows announcement. Long Day!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 02:11:31 AM

Just finished my last interview of the day for tomorrows announcement. Long Day!

great, looking forward to it!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
BitcoinGeekBoy

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:33:26 AM

Will GAW have any announcements soon about selling ASIC miners that ==> Mines all Scrypt proof-of-work AND Scrypt-N coins  ?

These type of ASIC miners seem to be the next logic step to extend the ROI for miners.
modernminer

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:35:26 AM

Interesting question. I think there is no doubt these various types of use-cases.

1) biggest rig/efficient miners -- These users often come up with interesting cooling solutions. what comes to mind recently was how some people were removing fans from 5 chip gridseeds and stacking them tall or laying them sideways. this allowed for much larger solutions and was very educational. I myself really used some of these tactics to help quiet down my rig and efficiently stack them. Not to mention overclock techniques these people help the rest of us get the most from our rigs.

2) who gets it first -- Often times I have found the people that get it first provide invaluable information to other users such as review sites. I have seen blogs do in depth analysis even before releases of products and that helps alot of us make decisions. especially with pre-orders. The people who get it first usually are kind enough to share their views, pictures and it confirms the reality of the product for users who were waiting for that. The nature of this industry with pre-orders, some scams, and delays make even more important a set of people to get the miners first to help quickly share their findings such as overclocking, pictures, overall comments. Yet, there is no question there are simply those going at this purely technical and want the biggest power to beat rising difficulties. I presume lessons learned from how Bitcoin grew.

3) most hash power -- I think this is often seen in pools. People who are not listed as "anonymous" clearly want others to know their rig is running at high rates. I am often envious checking stats at the various pools. But again, these might be the same people going after the technical play of beating difficulty.

4) profit -- Probably the most difficult to pull off with lots of foresight. I think that can be seen in the scenario with the Titan. People have known about the Titan for some time but it is still not released which means people focused on profit follow the mantra of mining now is always better than mining later. I could have 3x the hash power but if the difficulty has risen 4x and above then it is not an apples to apples comparison.

Overall, I think the "best" miners are ones that share some of their results. Maybe its a trick they found such as optimizing the Gridseeds at a certain MHZ for overclock while still being cool. Or maybe they answer questions for people who are curious about the miner itself. Such as what does it look like and how are people using it. I remember when I first got into BTC I started with USB sticks. I remember going nuts trying to find hubs that would work correctly for the most USB sticks. It always helps when people share their experience and those are the "best" or better put most valuable miners in my opinion.

Yet, if we are talking about "skill" these people are the ones that really take the mining to unique levels such as a physical modification of a device. Overclocking a speed is one thing but testing different chips and soldering to me I see as a "skill" and invaluable to this industry.

Lastly, "credibility/influence" there will always be first movers in any industry. Those people often times are similar to the "best" miners I spoke of above. While not every miner has the time to share all their findings even spending the time answering some questions helps. I firmly believe the more "teachers" we have for "newbie miners" helps grow the cryptocoin world and is critical to the growth. I compare it to when I have friends come over and they see my mining rig it sparks conversation. That is always a great way to grow our world. Bitcoin and the other coins would never have grown to what they became if not for people taking the time to teach and show others while getting them involved. Therefore, it is incredibly important to have a range of machines too. Those smaller miners might have payback periods that are unrealistic but sometimes it is not about making the money back but more about learning the industry itself aka "getting your feet wet".

Anyways, I want to thank everyone who has spent the time to share their thoughts, findings, reviews, pictures, links, knowledge and more. We would not be growing and where we are if not for their help.

Cheers!

Hey everyone,

Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:56:57 AM

Josh,

In response to your question, though probably not the answer you seek, I have this to offer you.

Don't try to be the best in "scrypt-already-way-too-competitive market", but keep maintaining the ground you've gained, and let's dominate in another. You'll end up going broke if you keep trying to keep everyone happy as zeus keeps giving their customers more and more. don't abandon your path, just take the 'fork'. haha. Develop the first x11 asic miner, and don't be stingy with hashes, give massive hashes for the first x11 asics, leaps and bounds beyond the other x11asic makers wildest dreams.Most importantly: Beat the chinese to it. That will change crypto forever, the way you want to. Be the Apple or Intel of its time. leave your impact as a crater.... there's your cash cow and the solution. You're potential reputational rewards will help your scrypt asic efforts as well.
That will make you the 'best'.... in x11... also, no competition automatically makes you the 'best'.  Wink

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8051

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 03:27:06 AM

Josh,

In response to your question, though probably not the answer you seek, I have this to offer you.

Don't try to be the best in "scrypt-already-way-too-competitive market", but keep maintaining the ground you've gained, and let's dominate in another. You'll end up going broke if you keep trying to keep everyone happy as zeus keeps giving their customers more and more. don't abandon your path, just take the 'fork'. haha. Develop the first x11 asic miner, and don't be stingy with hashes, give massive hashes for the first x11 asics, leaps and bounds beyond the other x11asic makers wildest dreams.Most importantly: Beat the chinese to it. That will change crypto forever, the way you want to. Be the Apple or Intel of its time. leave your impact as a crater.... there's your cash cow and the solution. You're potential reputational rewards will help your scrypt asic efforts as well.
That will make you the 'best'.... in x11... also, no competition automatically makes you the 'best'.  Wink

while it would be nice it will get copied  by the Chinese and sold cheaply.   So the edge you get won't last very long.

Mining is tough  look at a company like bitmaintech  and the great ant miner s-1. Still viable came out in dec and it is now may.  6 months .   pretty good. here is some advice.  make a miner that can have a legit second use as a space heater.  Make it have winter mode.  use the quietest fans so that someone will not mind it running in the living room/den while watching tv.

I was going to run a contest this june for a space heater design for s-1's
  I may or may not run the contest as they just may not hash enough to be a good idea.

but if you had a 500-1000 watt miner for scrypt with:
 good price
 good hash per watt.
 good looks
 quiet fans
no cut your finger fans
anti- shock safety
let it drop on sept 1-oct 1
no preorders.

you can sell it as a heater/miner   and make it appeal to the spouses of people like me.

My wife likes the warm tv room in the fall -winter -spring seasons.

my wife uses spot electric heaters.   so I can sell here on a miner that does this.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:44:47 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 05:01:07 AM by Halofire

snip

while it would be nice it will get copied  by the Chinese and sold cheaply.   So the edge you get won't last very long.
snip
Gaw would be already making the next gen if they were smart as china was just thinking about replicating. Doesn't matter if china replicates as long as gaw stays ahead and makes enough money and keeps price competitive enough just to keep china's paws off the asic market. If china released a product, GAW could still be 10-20% higher since they could GUARANTEE new equipment being sold unlike gridseed and the 'used' bullcrap. Tech goes obsolete so quick anyway, I wouldn't see a difference in timeframe. Also, this x11 idea doesn't give the chinese the chance to mine and sell us used equipment weeks/months later.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
healthandwealth

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:52:49 AM

snip

while it would be nice it will get copied  by the Chinese and sold cheaply.   So the edge you get won't last very long.
snip
Gaw would be already making the next gen if they were smart as china was just thinking about replicating. Doesn't matter if china replicates as long as gaw stays ahead and makes enough money and keeps price competitive enough just to keep china's paws off the asic market. If china released a product, GAW could still be 10-20% higher since they could GUARANTEE new equipment being sold unlike gridseed and the 'used' bullcrap. Tech goes obsolete so quick anyway, I wouldn't see a difference in timeframe. Also, this x11 idea doesn't give the chinese the chance to mine and sell us used equipment weeks/months later.

I agree.  Cut out the pre-order non-sense.  Look at the video game industry.  Their pre-orders are laughable at this point.  But I digress.  I think if they want to stay in business...new developments are key.  If GAW Miners can get some smart techies to create a miner that can use the x11 algo...it will help keep their customers in the mining business longer.  Otherwise people will go broke and move on to the next transient distraction in life.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:16:06 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 05:28:27 AM by mufa23

Are you guys raising the power consumption? My first order a few weeks back was for a week-one 27MH/s Falcon that ran at 480w. Now it's been raised to 740w! That's an extra 54% in power. Well above the quoted "+ or – 10%" margin of error. Will we be seeing a 54% increase in Falcon hash rate (~41MH/s)?

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:35:12 AM

It's getting really hard to run all this stuff in a house with 110V 15A circuits, I can barely turn on the lights on in my office while mining without tripping the breaker now, had to switch out the 65W bulbs with low watt energy savers so I could see. Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: