Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:23:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506543 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tommo_Aus

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:46:16 AM

Are you guys raising the power consumption? My first order a few weeks back was for a week-one 27MH/s Falcon that ran at 480w. Now it's been raised to 740w! That's an extra 54% in power. Well above the quoted "+ or – 10%" margin of error. Will we be seeing a 54% increase in Falcon hash rate (~41MH/s)?

Thanks for pointing this out, noticed the fury quietly jumped from 30w to 35w without any news?

Worth mentioning for the same amount of power you could run 5 gridseed 5's on stock clocks with the fans, of course you could also remove the fans and run 8 or 9 for the same power cost. Why do they use so much more power than the previous gen of scrypt miners?

Tompool - http://tompool.org - a 2% fee SHA256/Scrypt/BURST/Groestl multipool supporting ANC, ASC, DGC, EZC, FLO, GLD, GME, MNC, RYC, TGC, TRC, XNC, ZET & more
Throestyle1

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:58:33 AM

Regarding canceling My previous preorder and reordering the fury on the new Privé structure. I just want to give props to Amanda at Gaw. she was awsome through and through.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ ★ BREAKOUT COINWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE June 13 – July 7  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:31:31 PM

Josh,

In response to your question, though probably not the answer you seek, I have this to offer you.

Don't try to be the best in "scrypt-already-way-too-competitive market", but keep maintaining the ground you've gained, and let's dominate in another. You'll end up going broke if you keep trying to keep everyone happy as zeus keeps giving their customers more and more. don't abandon your path, just take the 'fork'. haha. Develop the first x11 asic miner, and don't be stingy with hashes, give massive hashes for the first x11 asics, leaps and bounds beyond the other x11asic makers wildest dreams.Most importantly: Beat the chinese to it. That will change crypto forever, the way you want to. Be the Apple or Intel of its time. leave your impact as a crater.... there's your cash cow and the solution. You're potential reputational rewards will help your scrypt asic efforts as well.
That will make you the 'best'.... in x11... also, no competition automatically makes you the 'best'.  Wink

while it would be nice it will get copied  by the Chinese and sold cheaply.   So the edge you get won't last very long.

Mining is tough  look at a company like bitmaintech  and the great ant miner s-1. Still viable came out in dec and it is now may.  6 months .   pretty good. here is some advice.  make a miner that can have a legit second use as a space heater.  Make it have winter mode.  use the quietest fans so that someone will not mind it running in the living room/den while watching tv.

I was going to run a contest this june for a space heater design for s-1's
  I may or may not run the contest as they just may not hash enough to be a good idea.

but if you had a 500-1000 watt miner for scrypt with:
 good price
 good hash per watt.
 good looks
 quiet fans
no cut your finger fans
anti- shock safety
let it drop on sept 1-oct 1
no preorders.

you can sell it as a heater/miner   and make it appeal to the spouses of people like me.

My wife likes the warm tv room in the fall -winter -spring seasons.

my wife uses spot electric heaters.   so I can sell here on a miner that does this.

This sounds interesting. To turn it into an efficient heater you'd probably need water cooling with external radiator, which would cover both noise and heat problems.
The downside is one would have to design and machine a custom water block, which is much more expensive than just buying one of the stock CPU radiators and making it fit (like most companies do).

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
AtomicFrost

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:49:45 PM

Did anyone else get an email from GAWMiners (Through Amazon Marketplace) about a Zenminer Controller shipping soon?  Huh

Maybe it's one of the surprises that was hinted at a few days ago? Hopefully  Cool
xspeed9190

Activity: 189

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:51:50 PM

Did anyone else get an email from GAWMiners (Through Amazon Marketplace) about a Zenminer Controller shipping soon?  Huh

Maybe it's one of the surprises that was hinted at a few days ago? Hopefully  Cool
Yes, got that this morning too

BTC:19vSvHFzpFegJJsqCnkXTSPQF4UE3Vsm6i
milesbitcoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:55:32 PM

Didn't receive any email this AM from Gaw or Amazon.
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:56:42 PM

I got that email too, direct from GAW though. Had a USB cable and a PSU in the order too so I'm guessing it's the kit for the Fury. Smiley
AtomicFrost

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:56:56 PM

Did anyone else get an email from GAWMiners (Through Amazon Marketplace) about a Zenminer Controller shipping soon?  Huh

Maybe it's one of the surprises that was hinted at a few days ago? Hopefully  Cool

Any idea what it is?  Cheesy

I'm guessing it's either a custom Raspbery Pi like controller, or custom software needed to mine with the miners?

Edit: Only had ordered 2 Fury miners so it must be something included . . .
xspeed9190

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:11:20 PM

Did anyone else get an email from GAWMiners (Through Amazon Marketplace) about a Zenminer Controller shipping soon?  Huh

Maybe it's one of the surprises that was hinted at a few days ago? Hopefully  Cool

Any idea what it is?  Cheesy

I'm guessing it's either a custom Raspbery Pi like controller, or custom software needed to mine with the miners?

Edit: Only had ordered 2 Fury miners so it must be something included . . .
I ordered 2 furys as well.  on the 19th I got an email that my furys were being shipped (2 furys)
"Thank you for your order from GAW Miners! We wanted to let you know that your order (#) is being prepared for shipment! You will receive tracking very soon! "
Then this morning,
"Thank you for your order from GAW Miners! We wanted to let you know that your order (# - Accessories) is being prepared for shipment! You will receive tracking very soon!"
Zeusminer Controller

kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:18:54 PM

Just asked support what the zenminer controller is, apparently there will be an announcement coming out later today.  Smiley
AtomicFrost

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:27:56 PM

Just asked support what the zenminer controller is, apparently there will be an announcement coming out later today.  Smiley

Exciting.  Grin

Thanks for the update. Now I'll be glued to my computer waiting for the announcement.
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:34:50 PM

snip

while it would be nice it will get copied  by the Chinese and sold cheaply.   So the edge you get won't last very long.
snip
Gaw would be already making the next gen if they were smart as china was just thinking about replicating. Doesn't matter if china replicates as long as gaw stays ahead and makes enough money and keeps price competitive enough just to keep china's paws off the asic market. If china released a product, GAW could still be 10-20% higher since they could GUARANTEE new equipment being sold unlike gridseed and the 'used' bullcrap. Tech goes obsolete so quick anyway, I wouldn't see a difference in timeframe. Also, this x11 idea doesn't give the chinese the chance to mine and sell us used equipment weeks/months later.

Don't make it an arms race.  China will win because of facilities, raw materials, cheap power, etc.  If one company takes the high road three more will take the low road to pull in profits.  The ideal is that the scrypt market won't go the way of the BTC market, where eventually private farms and mega-pools will edge out everyone else.  As long as we ensure 10-20 *coins remain market-worthy (as opposed to sha* where BTC is and remains king) then there is enough of a spread so everyone wins a little instead of only a few winning a lot.

Crypto mirrors everything else in terms in lifecycle - those with the most cash ultimately win.  The goal then, I suppose, should be to make scrypt enough of a moving target that the race to the bottom we see with BTC isn't replicated (yet).  Give folks time to be excited before crashing dreams down, ya know? Wink

But as you said in your next post, chinese equipment is used and can burn your house down. So using that as a sales pitch without directly pointing fingers at Gseed, GAW is securing its lead. Also, I'll say again, this doesn't give the chinese the chance to mass-mine with the equipment and then sell the equipment to makes tons of cash. They are forced to sell 'new' equipment, changing the game as Josh desires so much. Plus with the other idea I gave Josh, either scrypt or x11 or both, GAW would be unstoppable, IMO. Gaw could also have 2 teams for its products, one for "short term lower budget" product releases to satisfy the customers with an equivalent product that china would release to just dissuade potential miners from buying from china. Then release the 'mothership' after a few months, thereby making all asics before it obsolete, including GAWs lower budget asics, but produce and charge enough 'motherships' to make the profits in the limited time window. Look at supposed titan sales. it is possible. But it all depends on the resources GAW has at its disposal, if Gaw is big enough. It's not about the money for Josh at this point from all the 'mission statements' I've read, although it's helps haha, its about changing the way things are run in the entire ASIC world. Although the comparable units aren't totally the same, one mistake was to use Zeus in the respect they are competing with each other seeing who gives the better deal. Exclusivity is key, unless GAW needed this step to gain a foothold and experience.

By all of the miners trying to get the most of our money out of Josh by crying to him when there's a problem, it IS changing the way things are being done, BUT its delaying GAW from the true changes in store for us. That's why I didn't press the issues of the price drop or ROI for GEN A's. I know the money is being used constructively. I may not even claim my ~$500 store credit for a while and continue to pay un-discounted prices just to support GAW, of course if there's no expiration date on it.... This is how one believes in an ideal, with what I'm able to do with the resources at MY disposal. Go JOSH!!!!!

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:59:43 PM

no email ffor me, but i'mdoing hosted furys  Grin
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:05:39 PM

Hey guys, we will be able to elaborate on the power request more later today.

But anyone can get a full refund if it does not meet their needs. Or you could send it to host to host it for you, so we could absorb the power cost
schnauzr

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:08:13 PM

Hey guys, we will be able to elaborate on the power request more later today.

But anyone can get a full refund if it does not meet their needs. Or you could send it to host to host it for you, so we could absorb the power cost
excellent.  Thanks
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:10:55 PM

There was a glitch in the shipping system please disregard any emails you received about the pre-orders. It was sending out gibberish Smiley
xspeed9190

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:12:33 PM

There was a glitch in the shipping system please disregard any emails you received about the pre-orders. It was sending out gibberish Smiley
Is that in regards to the "Zeus miner Controller"?

rawtashk

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:34:01 PM

Regarding canceling My previous preorder and reordering the fury on the new Privé structure. I just want to give props to Amanda at Gaw. she was awsome through and through.

Can you explain about the Privé structure? Should I cancel and re-order as well?
bitgeek

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:40:16 PM

It isn't about the money for Josh, but do you think someone like KNC, with their recent track record, gives a crap about GAW, Gridseed, or Zeus customers?  Lots of great businesses go under because they aren't willing to play the game - or worded differently, the seedy businesses often survive because they'll gut everyone else to make an extra nickel on every dollar or because they know in a war of attrition (business Cheesy) you can wait out your competitor.  I don't doubt the motivation of Josh at this point, but just because he has high minded ideas about how to make things better it doesn't mean others won't try to flood the market for cheap profit.  

And I hate to continue to demonize the Chinese in this.  I know some lovely Chinese people who hate the way business is done in most of Asia.  The problem is that if you release HasherX at 10MH for $100, OtherFirmB can release the SlasherX at 10MH for $50.  At that point, are people buying the HasherX or the SlasherX?  What about when SlasherX cuts prices to $35 on the heels of HasherX dropping to $75?  How much margin can a domestic company drop to and still compete while ensuring they are paying salaries, paying for workspace, paying healthcare (go USA! Cheesy), etc.?  
The problem with the Chinese is that you can always find someone in there who'll work for "a bowl of rice", so they can cut on labor cost as they please.
GAW doesn't really have to fight the cheap Chinese manufacture, they can upgrade the existing ones, write their own software and win the race Smiley

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
anarchyx914

Activity: 338

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:16:00 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 07:27:42 PM by anarchyx914

Hoping spec adjustment on Warmachines was Wrong. I ordered an eVGA power supply (1300w) based off original specs of 1280w, now it says my war machine needs 1500w!!!

I hope the $200 psu isnt unusable for me.

Could I put some of my store credit I was issued on my war machine towards having it hosted if this is true??

I am very confused at power specs:

Hosted war machine says 1500w -- http://www.gawminers.com/hosted-the-war-machine-54-mh-s-asic-scrypt-miner-week-three/

Nonhosted war machine says 1280w -- http://www.gawminers.com/the-war-machine-54-mh-s-asic-scrypt-miner-week-three/

Holy disorganized batman!
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: