Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 11:26:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506546 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:31:20 PM

It isn't about the money for Josh, but do you think someone like KNC, with their recent track record, gives a crap about GAW, Gridseed, or Zeus customers?  Lots of great businesses go under because they aren't willing to play the game - or worded differently, the seedy businesses often survive because they'll gut everyone else to make an extra nickel on every dollar or because they know in a war of attrition (business Cheesy) you can wait out your competitor.  I don't doubt the motivation of Josh at this point, but just because he has high minded ideas about how to make things better it doesn't mean others won't try to flood the market for cheap profit.  

And I hate to continue to demonize the Chinese in this.  I know some lovely Chinese people who hate the way business is done in most of Asia.  The problem is that if you release HasherX at 10MH for $100, OtherFirmB can release the SlasherX at 10MH for $50.  At that point, are people buying the HasherX or the SlasherX?  What about when SlasherX cuts prices to $35 on the heels of HasherX dropping to $75?  How much margin can a domestic company drop to and still compete while ensuring they are paying salaries, paying for workspace, paying healthcare (go USA! Cheesy), etc.?  
The problem with the Chinese is that you can always find someone in there who'll work for "a bowl of rice", so they can cut on labor cost as they please.
GAW doesn't really have to fight the cheap Chinese manufacture, they can upgrade the existing ones, write their own software and win the race Smiley

KNC will give a crap about GAW --> I'll say it again: It prevents china or KNC from USING THE TECH before releasing it (ensuring fair mining by all) and preventing the selling of used miners advertised as new at top dollar - gaw's goal! Not 100% sure if KNC sells 'used' equipment, but things suggest it and as a fact: KNC is mining (with titans?). If Gaw is able to eradicate the "Gseed company types" of the world, it's worth every penny spent, even if GAW fails as a company, it will still be known in history what was tried to be acheived and someone else will perfect where Gaw failed. It won't matter if China can hire someone for a bowl of rice at that point. besides, that's just unskilled laborers doing the assembly, not the minds working to develop and if GAW can get people smarter than those chinese minds who are being rushed, game, set, match.

Addition: Think government tech. always leaps and bounds, veiled in secrecy. Imagine if the "emergency room" in the white house was to mine with the massive computing power? pentahashes, petahashes, whatever. That's how GAW needs to think.

Being outlandish here: make the unit unopenable and if it is somehow opened, internals are destroyed in the process. have a self destruct mechanism in the unit to burn up the main components if tried to open to dissect to replicate or some kind of software delete.  Roll Eyes

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
JHammer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:40:41 PM

GAW... Any chance we could get our Hosted miners to be able to work with MagicPool?   I just tired it and it dont seem to work.. 

Not sure if this is the reason its not working but on the MagicPool Website they state:

Warning: newer cgminer versions than 3.3.2 are not supported due to a bug in the stratum protocol implementation code. We recommend sgminer. It can be download from here: windows Linux.

volder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:51:26 PM

So the A2s that were due online on the 20th got pushed to the 21st. It is now the 22nd and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

I checked today and they are not even listed on the website anymore? What happened to everyone in here saying "Oh I know they have those boxes for sure, I know it! They will be online, I just know it!" - so yeah, what happened to the vaporware boxes?
Did you order an A2 from GAW? If so, have you opened a ticket? Their ticketing system exists for a reason. They don't track this forum they they do an internal ticketing system.

Regular Guy™
volder

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:09:44 PM

They don't track this forum they they do an internal ticketing system.

It is actually quite the opposite.
Actually not. They reply to each of my tickets MUCH quicker than replying to me here. Response times are getting faster and faster too. This morning I opened a ticket and it was solved inside an hour (thanks to Luke and Amanda).

Regular Guy™
volder

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:14:28 PM

So the A2s that were due online on the 20th got pushed to the 21st. It is now the 22nd and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

I checked today and they are not even listed on the website anymore? What happened to everyone in here saying "Oh I know they have those boxes for sure, I know it! They will be online, I just know it!" - so yeah, what happened to the vaporware boxes?
Did you order an A2 from GAW? If so, have you opened a ticket? Their ticketing system exists for a reason. They don't track this forum they they do an internal ticketing system.

A client of mine has and yes they have- Me getting ahead of myself with the situation: they dont have a2s, either a refund or credit to another miner will be the solution to this.

And yes, they do track and note everything that goes on in this thread. My above statements are to also have these issues related to the company be transparent.

A ticket system is great for obvious reasons, handling customers. It's also great to hide your problems and issues from future and present customers. There is only praise in this thread and the praise is always followed by "Everything was messed up from the beginning.. but they fixed me right up!"  - why are we praising a company who makes mistakes to even begin with?

"Because they made it right in the end" is not an answer.

This will be erased like every other unbiased statement made but maybe this will actually sink in to the few who see it.

Cheers and get yourself a free pizza.  Smiley
When they listed A2 miners for sale, they had em. If you bought one, it's reserved.

They probably sold out, like the big gun, blades and gridseed 5-chip miners. When all inventory is sold, it goes away from the site. Makes sense.

Your client should open a ticket and copy Josh or Rami when sending it in. It will get resolved. Also, I could be wrong, but if they missed their promised delivery date your client may be owed compensation. I'm not sure if this is the case for the A2 miners or not.

Regular Guy™
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:45:30 PM

A client of mine has and yes they have- Me getting ahead of myself with the situation: they dont have a2s, either a refund or credit to another miner will be the solution to this.

And yes, they do track and note everything that goes on in this thread. My above statements are to also have these issues related to the company be transparent.

A ticket system is great for obvious reasons, handling customers. It's also great to hide your problems and issues from future and present customers. There is only praise in this thread and the praise is always followed by "Everything was messed up from the beginning.. but they fixed me right up!"  - why are we praising a company who makes mistakes to even begin with?

"Because they made it right in the end" is not an answer.

This will be erased like every other unbiased statement made but maybe this will actually sink in to the few who see it.

Cheers and get yourself a free pizza.  Smiley
When they listed A2 miners for sale, they had em. If you bought one, it's reserved.

They probably sold out, like the big gun, blades and gridseed 5-chip miners. When all inventory is sold, it goes away from the site. Makes sense.

Your client should open a ticket and copy Josh or Rami when sending it in. It will get resolved. Also, I could be wrong, but if they missed their promised delivery date your client may be owed compensation. I'm not sure if this is the case for the A2 miners or not.

You are correct.

Anyone that bought them has been shipped. If they hosted, they are up (one came in late and is coming up today).

They have all be sold. Thanks.
GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:49:30 PM

snip

while it would be nice it will get copied  by the Chinese and sold cheaply.   So the edge you get won't last very long.
snip
Gaw would be already making the next gen if they were smart as china was just thinking about replicating. Doesn't matter if china replicates as long as gaw stays ahead and makes enough money and keeps price competitive enough just to keep china's paws off the asic market. If china released a product, GAW could still be 10-20% higher since they could GUARANTEE new equipment being sold unlike gridseed and the 'used' bullcrap. Tech goes obsolete so quick anyway, I wouldn't see a difference in timeframe. Also, this x11 idea doesn't give the chinese the chance to mine and sell us used equipment weeks/months later.

Don't make it an arms race.  China will win because of facilities, raw materials, cheap power, etc.  If one company takes the high road three more will take the low road to pull in profits.  The ideal is that the scrypt market won't go the way of the BTC market, where eventually private farms and mega-pools will edge out everyone else.  As long as we ensure 10-20 *coins remain market-worthy (as opposed to sha* where BTC is and remains king) then there is enough of a spread so everyone wins a little instead of only a few winning a lot.

Crypto mirrors everything else in terms in lifecycle - those with the most cash ultimately win.  The goal then, I suppose, should be to make scrypt enough of a moving target that the race to the bottom we see with BTC isn't replicated (yet).  Give folks time to be excited before crashing dreams down, ya know? Wink

But as you said in your next post, chinese equipment is used and can burn your house down. So using that as a sales pitch without directly pointing fingers at Gseed, GAW is securing its lead. Also, I'll say again, this doesn't give the chinese the chance to mass-mine with the equipment and then sell the equipment to makes tons of cash. They are forced to sell 'new' equipment, changing the game as Josh desires so much. Plus with the other idea I gave Josh, either scrypt or x11 or both, GAW would be unstoppable, IMO. Gaw could also have 2 teams for its products, one for "short term lower budget" product releases to satisfy the customers with an equivalent product that china would release to just dissuade potential miners from buying from china. Then release the 'mothership' after a few months, thereby making all asics before it obsolete, including GAWs lower budget asics, but produce and charge enough 'motherships' to make the profits in the limited time window. Look at supposed titan sales. it is possible. But it all depends on the resources GAW has at its disposal, if Gaw is big enough. It's not about the money for Josh at this point from all the 'mission statements' I've read, although it's helps haha, its about changing the way things are run in the entire ASIC world. Although the comparable units aren't totally the same, one mistake was to use Zeus in the respect they are competing with each other seeing who gives the better deal. Exclusivity is key, unless GAW needed this step to gain a foothold and experience.

By all of the miners trying to get the most of our money out of Josh by crying to him when there's a problem, it IS changing the way things are being done, BUT its delaying GAW from the true changes in store for us. That's why I didn't press the issues of the price drop or ROI for GEN A's. I know the money is being used constructively. I may not even claim my ~$500 store credit for a while and continue to pay un-discounted prices just to support GAW, of course if there's no expiration date on it.... This is how one believes in an ideal, with what I'm able to do with the resources at MY disposal. Go JOSH!!!!!

Well said, thank you Smiley
tyknee

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:41:02 PM

Power Supply(ies): I purchased a Falcon, says 740W now, said 640 before IIRC.

Am I to understand that these use a standard ATX style power supply? If so, how are you supposed to hook it up? I see that there are two "8 PIN" hookups, and I do have several of those on my power supply, but ATX power supplies are generally turned on by the motherboard. Is there a motherboard connector on this thing that I'm not seeing in the pictures? Or am I supposed to do some sort of "wire hack" to turn this on? If that is the case, this seems like a really crappy setup. Are other miners requiring the same thing? The Gridseeds were powered with a cheap CCTV PSU (man I love those things, wish they could ROI).

Anyway, I hope I'm just missing something. What is everyone else doing? ATX power supply or something more exotic?
volder

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Power Supply(ies): I purchased a Falcon, says 740W now, said 640 before IIRC.

Am I to understand that these use a standard ATX style power supply? If so, how are you supposed to hook it up? I see that there are two "8 PIN" hookups, and I do have several of those on my power supply, but ATX power supplies are generally turned on by the motherboard. Is there a motherboard connector on this thing that I'm not seeing in the pictures? Or am I supposed to do some sort of "wire hack" to turn this on? If that is the case, this seems like a really crappy setup. Are other miners requiring the same thing? The Gridseeds were powered with a cheap CCTV PSU (man I love those things, wish they could ROI).

Anyway, I hope I'm just missing something. What is everyone else doing? ATX power supply or something more exotic?
Just get one of these. http://www.amazon.com/24-Pin-STARTER-BRIDGE-WITHOUT-MOTHERBOARD/dp/B00K38IKRY

Regular Guy™
GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:58:10 PM

Hi guys, I will have some official numbers for you later today.

The issue is that miners do NOT pull the same amount of power at all times. The pool and the difficulty of the pool can greatly vary the power requirements. Remember the Gridseed power issues we had? Same issue, the miners started to use much more power when folks started using different pools.

The original numbers we posted were what we consistently saw while mining LTC. But as we started mining different pools, the power requirements changed. This is why we updated them. Please understand there is not a direct science as power can greatly very on these scrypt miners.

As stated earlier, we can provide you a full refund or host for you at no cost.
GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:05:32 PM

GAW... Any chance we could get our Hosted miners to be able to work with MagicPool?   I just tired it and it dont seem to work.. 

Not sure if this is the reason its not working but on the MagicPool Website they state:

Warning: newer cgminer versions than 3.3.2 are not supported due to a bug in the stratum protocol implementation code. We recommend sgminer. It can be download from here: windows Linux.

Ask Joe,

Tell him he has to have it done tonight Smiley lol
HolyScott

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:18:58 PM

Crap, and I was waiting for the last of my refunds to credit back my CC so I could buy a hosted A2.
volder

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:20:00 PM

Crap, and I was waiting for the last of my refunds to credit back my CC so I could buy a hosted A2.
I'll sell you mine. Smiley

Regular Guy™
volder

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:25:19 PM

Ask Joe,

Tell him he has to have it done tonight Smiley lol

Hi, can you directly link me to the product on you website so I can purchase, the one you're advertising as the topic of this thread, it says 1MHs for under $110. I cannot find this product on the website and need help. Thanks.
It's a bit misleading, but I think what they mean is this:

War Machine = $5899.95
War Machine = 54Mh/s
$5899.95 / 54Mhs = $109.26 per 1Mhs

Regular Guy™
HolyScott

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:26:55 PM

What do you have?
volder

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:27:57 PM

What do you have?
Hosted A2 90Mh/s with GAW.

But it works great. You will have to pry it from my cold fingers for more than I paid. HAHA.

Regular Guy™
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 11:34:39 PM

Sorry for all the notifications you may be getting on the post here. We have a few people, with obvious agendas, trolling our thread at the moment.

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
volder

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:35:35 PM

Sorry for all the notifications you may be getting on the post here. We have a few people, with obvious agendas, trolling our thread.
That's ok. I was just teaching them math!

Regular Guy™
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:49:50 AM

Sorry for all the notifications you may be getting on the post here. We have a few people, with obvious agendas, trolling our thread at the moment.

Did we figure out what the new hardware will be running on as a miner yet and if it will be windows compatible. Also what was the major announcement today. Thanks

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:16:24 AM

It's getting pretty late for that amazing announcement........... Wink 
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: