Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:49:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread  (Read 82227 times)
zowie

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:22:37 PM

Has anybody out there requested their miner to be shipped to them?  Could anybody please enlighten me to the process and how long it takes?
I am not holding out any hopes for receiving a hosted miner when you request it.

I posted the question in the ZenMiner support area about the process and costs to get the miner shipped to me, 7 days ago. At this moment it's still unanswered.

Given my experience with GAW for getting my miners shipped, I doubt I'm going to see the hosted miner sent to me when I ask. Glad I use credit cards for this stuff.

Update on my miners: Got an email from Amber today telling me that she spoke to Fedex and they have them in Canada waiting for me to pay the duties and taxes. Quick call to Fedex - nope. Lies again.

Big surprise here, they have the shipping request paperwork (which anyone with a Fedex account can open online) but no parcels. They scan each and every parcel they receive, and there are no scans. And Fedex support tracks every call made against the tracking numbers. No logs of anyone calling them about these shipments except me. Another big surprise.

I've explained to Fedex what's going on and how Gaw is using them to perpetrate fraud. They took down the information and have opened an investigation with their security department.

I have contacted my credit card provider and they made notes about this as well. As I can't process a chargeback until a certain number of days after the order, I have to wait a bit but I've copied and forwarded all emails, Support conversations and invoices to them in support of the claim.

BUY FROM GAW/ZENMINER AT YOUR PERIL
Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:17:50 AM

Has anybody out there requested their miner to be shipped to them?  Could anybody please enlighten me to the process and how long it takes?
I am not holding out any hopes for receiving a hosted miner when you request it.

I posted the question in the ZenMiner support area about the process and costs to get the miner shipped to me, 7 days ago. At this moment it's still unanswered.

Given my experience with GAW for getting my miners shipped, I doubt I'm going to see the hosted miner sent to me when I ask. Glad I use credit cards for this stuff.

Update on my miners: Got an email from Amber today telling me that she spoke to Fedex and they have them in Canada waiting for me to pay the duties and taxes. Quick call to Fedex - nope. Lies again.

Big surprise here, they have the shipping request paperwork (which anyone with a Fedex account can open online) but no parcels. They scan each and every parcel they receive, and there are no scans. And Fedex support tracks every call made against the tracking numbers. No logs of anyone calling them about these shipments except me. Another big surprise.

I've explained to Fedex what's going on and how Gaw is using them to perpetrate fraud. They took down the information and have opened an investigation with their security department.

I have contacted my credit card provider and they made notes about this as well. As I can't process a chargeback until a certain number of days after the order, I have to wait a bit but I've copied and forwarded all emails, Support conversations and invoices to them in support of the claim.

Why dont you post from your real account?
If what you claim is true, i find it hard to believe someone who is serious enough into crypto as you claim to be, would have just joined this website in the last 24hrs.

I mean, you imply you have spent a decent amount of money on Asic's but only registered an account here yesterday?
A total of 2 post, both in this thread, both negative....hmmmm

Im not saying your story is false, i just think it would carry more weight if you posted it from your real account.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8981

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 03:43:44 AM

I came here to learn some facts about services not to read your insults. There should really be some moderation on this forum.

You can take the level of frustration of some of the posters here as a fact too. As I mentioned to another poster we used to have a moderated GAW thread and it wasn't in any way helpful for feedback because anything even mildly negative was censored out. Many reputable vendors have no problems with unmoderated threads around here. Anyone is free to ignore name calling or anything else that they deem irrelevant.
GAW_Amber

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:04:29 PM

Hello,

This has been a very interesting situation. We have called FedEx several times on your behalf and they claim that all that needs to be done is to have the duties and taxes paid. I have fulfilled your request to have a full refund issued. We have called fed ex and will have the package re routed to us. I am sincerely sorry the miscommunication on your order.

You have the option to request your ZenCloud order to be shipped to you after the 30 day trial period is over. At that time, please open a ticket through our freshdesk system and we will send it out to you.

Sincerely,
Amber
computerchip

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:34:59 PM

First time poster, long term lurker.

I bought the black widow when it was on sale last Monday for 349.99. It was stated in bold as same day shipping. They didn't ship it until 4 days later, according to fedex tracking. When the miner finally did arrive, everything that was supposed to come with it was not in the box:

"
1 x ZenController by ZenMiner

1 x SD CARD ready for ZenController with GAW Miners firmware.

1 x USB DATA cables to use with the ZenController

1 x ZenController power cable for standard power supply unit (4 PIN Connection)

1 x Ethernet cable for connecting the ZenController to your router."

I sent them a ticket and 24 hours later I get this email:

https://i.imgur.com/u3mmuog.png

So the missing accesories should be here today, but that's just too late.

10 days is too long for "SAME DAY SHIPPING."

I requested a refund and went ahead and had my bank send me a charge back form in case they won't honor my request. I will keep this updated.

::EDIT::

I just noticed that the tracking for the missing accessories said delivered, I didn't notice the address until now, ...I don't live in Florida.

generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:58:15 AM

Yeah that's the one reason I bought from them and probably the reason a lot of people bought from them was that they are one of the few that accept credit cards.  I imagine that there are going to be a lot of disputes against them at this rate.

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
generalt
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:02:38 AM

Hello,

This has been a very interesting situation. We have called FedEx several times on your behalf and they claim that all that needs to be done is to have the duties and taxes paid. I have fulfilled your request to have a full refund issued. We have called fed ex and will have the package re routed to us. I am sincerely sorry the miscommunication on your order.

You have the option to request your ZenCloud order to be shipped to you after the 30 day trial period is over. At that time, please open a ticket through our freshdesk system and we will send it out to you.

Sincerely,
Amber

Wow thanks for the information about getting your hardware from ZenCloud.  Could you please elaborate further on this?  Specifically, how long would it take from the time my ticket is received for my miner to be packed up and shipped out to me.  As we all know in this game time is money.  Also, where would the package ship from?

Thank you.

generalt
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:17:41 AM

Hello,

Sincerely,
Amber

Wow thanks for the information about getting your hardware from ZenCloud.  Could you please elaborate further on this?  Specifically, how long would it take from the time my ticket is received for my miner to be packed up and shipped out to me.  As we all know in this game time is money.  Also, where would the package ship from?

Thank you.

From the terms and conditions at http://gawminers.com/pages/terms-conditions it states:

REQUESTING YOUR ZENCLOUD MINER TO BE SHIPPED TO YOU

You may request your ZenCloud miner to be shipped to you after at least 30 days from the activation date. Once requested, GAW Miners will de-provision your hosted account and will ship your miner to the address specified within a 14-day period.

I guess I should've read that first since waiting 14 days really hurts the bottom line.  Seems to contradict the CEO's mission of bringing back ROI to mining.  I wish I knew about that before I ordered, but could you please tell me where my miner will ship from still?

Thank you.

Shattered

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:29:48 AM

Hello,

Sincerely,
Amber

Thank you.

From the terms and conditions at http://gawminers.com/pages/terms-conditions it states:

You may request your ZenCloud miner to be shipped to you after at least 30 days from the activation date. Once requested, GAW Miners will de-provision your hosted account and will ship your miner to the address specified within a 14-day period.

I guess I should've read that first since waiting 14 days really hurts the bottom line.  Seems to contradict the CEO's mission of bringing back ROI to mining.  I wish I knew about that before I ordered, but could you please tell me where my miner will ship from still?

Thank you.

Your best bet is posting your questions on the GAW forum.
You will more than likely get a more specific answer. Over there you might only wait hours rather than days.
Good luck mate

https://hashtalk.org/
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 05:17:36 AM

Hello,

Sincerely,
Amber

Wow thanks for the information about getting your hardware from ZenCloud.  Could you please elaborate further on this?  Specifically, how long would it take from the time my ticket is received for my miner to be packed up and shipped out to me.  As we all know in this game time is money.  Also, where would the package ship from?

Thank you.

I guess I should've read that first since waiting 14 days really hurts the bottom line.  Seems to contradict the CEO's mission of bringing back ROI to mining.  I wish I knew about that before I ordered, but could you please tell me where my miner will ship from still?

Thank you.

Your best bet is posting your questions on the GAW forum.
You will more than likely get a more specific answer. Over there you might only wait hours rather than days.
Good luck mate

https://hashtalk.org/

Don't bother. There were several threads started just recently with these questions, one got locked, others didn't get any answers either aside from the usual PR speak.

https://hashtalk.org/t/has-anyone-actually-received-hardware-from-the-zenminer-cloud/5889
https://hashtalk.org/t/has-anyone-actually-received-hardware-from-the-zenminer-cloud-2/5896
https://hashtalk.org/t/why-does-zenminer-cloud-shipping-take-14-21-days/5900

I like the last one where two GAW employees are giving completely different explanations on the 14-day delay. One says it's to prevent customers from "working around" hosting sales, the other one says it's because of complex logistics.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:28:16 PM

I had no problems understanding the explanation.  If the 14 day delay is written in the terms and conditions you accept when buying a miner there's really nothing to discuss here.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 02:59:02 PM

I had no problems understanding the explanation.  If the 14 day delay is written in the terms and conditions you accept when buying a miner there's really nothing to discuss here.

So maybe you can answer the other questions posted here and hashtalk. E.g. where the miners ship from, when do they stop mining for the customer, when does the customer stop paying for hosting, does the 14 days include delivery and if not what is the expected delivery time, what are the costs for shipping outside of the US. I think you would agree that these are important facts to know before buying but so far not answered in the terms and conditions or even when explicitly asked.
bitgeek

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:27:00 PM

I had no problems understanding the explanation.  If the 14 day delay is written in the terms and conditions you accept when buying a miner there's really nothing to discuss here.

So maybe you can answer the other questions posted here and hashtalk. E.g. where the miners ship from, when do they stop mining for the customer, when does the customer stop paying for hosting, does the 14 days include delivery and if not what is the expected delivery time, what are the costs for shipping outside of the US. I think you would agree that these are important facts to know before buying but so far not answered in the terms and conditions or even when explicitly asked.

Just a wild guess and speculation, not to be taken seriously.

They have your miner in their data center, location of which is kept secret for security reasons. They need to disconnect the miner and send it to their office, so the package doesn't go to you directly from the location of the data center. If I were to do it I'd just send an employee to take the miners by car to the main office where it would be packed and sent to the client.

Don't know the cost of shipping but I agree this info is important and should be provided. I'll investigate Smiley

Online.BTC.Bingo

..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:46:03 PM

They have your miner in their data center, location of which is kept secret for security reasons. They need to disconnect the miner and send it to their office, so the package doesn't go to you directly from the location of the data center. If I were to do it I'd just send an employee to take the miners by car to the main office where it would be packed and sent to the client.

Don't know the cost of shipping but I agree this info is important and should be provided. I'll investigate Smiley

You can easily ship items from one location with a different return location on the package, so the only people who could Idenify the facility would be the UPS/Fedex pickup guys, and employees.
bitgeek

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:18:52 PM

You can easily ship items from one location with a different return location on the package, so the only people who could Idenify the facility would be the UPS/Fedex pickup guys, and employees.
Maybe they have a whole department dedicated to shipping in their main office and have to transfer the hardware there to be able to send it. I've seen this on one of the photos they put on hashtalk.
Not everyone has cardboard boxes lying around in the data center, you know  Wink
Anyway, if they openly state that it takes 2 weeks and they keep to the dates, everything is in order.

Online.BTC.Bingo

..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:31:10 PM

FWIW,
I did a small purchase with them a couple of months ago, was hosted, worked great, but all of a sudden started to drop, be inestable, etc. After some emails back and forth and some Customer Service cases etc etc, they offered a refund and i upgraded to something bigger and ZenHosted. Working flawlessly now.
I like this company. Given the shitload of pressure they are having now they are behaving excellent.
a (+like) for me.

This space is for lease, apparently.
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:55:29 PM

Is the Vaultbreaker based on Ensillica chips? Flower Tech delayed shipment until Feb 2015, if Vaultbreaker is based on Ensillica are they also going to be delaying shipment?
If the Vault isn't based on Ensillica chips where did GAW get the chips?

Sorry I just don't have hours to search and try to find the answers, thought maybe somebody here could help out. Thanks

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 11:48:00 PM

Is the Vaultbreaker based on Ensillica chips? Flower Tech delayed shipment until Feb 2015, if Vaultbreaker is based on Ensillica are they also going to be delaying shipment?

Sorry I just don't have hours to search and try to find the answers, thought maybe somebody here could help out. Thanks

GAW did confirm that they will be providing hosted hashrate for Vaultbreaker buyers by end of August and that Q3/Q4 is still the target for shipping. I don't think they ever explicitly confirmed that they are using Ensilica except some indirect hints.

https://hashtalk.org/t/announcement-about-the-vb-coming-very-soon-updated/4401/134
https://hashtalk.org/t/announcement-about-the-vb-coming-very-soon-updated/4401/137
https://hashtalk.org/t/hashlet-mining-has-finally-evolved/6125/180
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720844.msg8378058#msg8378058
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:31:08 AM

So far I am happy with GAW support and how they resolved bad scrypt ROI!

First of all no one forced me to pay 1999$ for hosted black widow of 13Mh month+ ago, so I can blame them, but some ppl are pissed of I get it

First they refunded part of it i think 10-15% due difficulty going way up and first preorder ppl payed most, no one forced them to do it (me included), then they had problems with hosting going down, that also got refunded, + few days dubble hash which was nice, sure their hosting system had a lot of problems but so far they refunded most if not all, also they bought ZEN which looks stable so all new miners are there and looks like its truble free

I still has that BW hosted at GAW just waiting for some super dupper offer to upgrade to something better, at the end I think/hope I will ROI with extra credit and refund i got now i have a lot more sha and scrypt power

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:30:07 AM

GAW did confirm that they will be providing hosted hashrate for Vaultbreaker buyers by end of August and that Q3/Q4 is still the target for shipping. I don't think they ever explicitly confirmed that they are using Ensilica except some indirect hints.

https://hashtalk.org/t/announcement-about-the-vb-coming-very-soon-updated/4401/134
https://hashtalk.org/t/announcement-about-the-vb-coming-very-soon-updated/4401/137
https://hashtalk.org/t/hashlet-mining-has-finally-evolved/6125/180
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720844.msg8378058#msg8378058

Thank you!!
Saved me a ton of time and your comments in the last link are why I was searching. I don't understand how hashlets the way they describe them as never unprofitable are possible and I'm trying to figure out how they are going to produce all of this hash. Well I'm not touching it but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: