Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:45:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread  (Read 82226 times)
GAW_Amber

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:17:45 PM

Are you guys still going at it?  Huh

Is it really that surprising, considering how big a GAW shill one of them is.

It irks me to no end seeing his sig. i.e. "100% refund any time". Have you ever tried getting money back from GAW? These guys are full of promises they can't (or won't) keep.

If there is an order that you are having trouble with, I would be happy to take a look at it for you!

I can be reached at amber@gawminers.com or Hashtrader.com

Thanks!
Amber

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jayen

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:43:37 PM

Are you guys still going at it?  Huh

Is it really that surprising, considering how big a GAW shill one of them is.

It irks me to no end seeing his sig. i.e. "100% refund any time". Have you ever tried getting money back from GAW? These guys are full of promises they can't (or won't) keep.

That's not fair I think. I've gotten a refund from them on a cancelled order no problem. I have no signature campaign either.
You don't have to explain it. There's always that 1 unhappy percent and if they really had a bad experience you can't persuade them.
Just look at that guy 6 posts and butthurt about a signature.  LOL

If they actually responded to emails or support tickets, I wouldn't have to resort to this board. This board is LITERALLY the only way I've been able to get responses.

That's great that alienesb hasn't had problems. Really, it is. But just because he got what he wanted means any others with legitimate gripes should stfu and just accept being fucked over?

I literally have 10K in limbo with GAW. A DOA Blackwidow and a Vaultbreaker pre-order that they won't refund. So yeah, it's gonna irk me if people are going to advocate how great they are, when I know there are instance where they can't keep their promises.

jayen

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:51:45 PM

If there is an order that you are having trouble with, I would be happy to take a look at it for you!

I can be reached at amber@gawminers.com or Hashtrader.com

Thanks!
Amber

You've already reached me via PM. And I replied via PM and Email. And all that's happened so far is that I get an update in one of my support tickets that says "sorry there's no responses", followed by more non-responses.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:47:28 AM

Guys, I don't know about any others, but me is rather "extremely unhappy" with your service. Probably this is my personal lack of luck, but I am waiting for refund since July, 13th...
Well, I think now this is a time to tell my story of my interaction with GAW in full. Maybe I wouldn't do that but they have closed my ticket so they made it clear that they don't want to discuss anything else with me. Well...

Firstly I decided to place an order for G-blade, then after may be one hour I have changed my mind and decided to cancel that order to buy more expensive, more powerful miner, probably even at GAW shop... Unluckily the hell already possessed me to pay for G-blade some amount of BTC. So I was waiting for refund for almost a month (!), and what would you think? I received less than I paid!

Well, they gave me an explanation of this fact:
Hi, this would be the current USD conversion
but I suspect that if my refund could be performed ontime, I could receive the exact amout of my BTC back. Somewhy no one gave me an explanation of such a long period of time when I was forced to wait, forced to lose my time (which is equal to money in cryptocurrencies world)...

In all fairness it has to be added that pretty woman Amanda Veilleux added a $50 store credit to my GAWMiners' account, but I have a doubts will I ever use this... There remains a feeling of resentment...

Well, that is my story. All of us can now draw our own conclusions.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
GAW_Amber

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:25:43 PM

I just wanted to come on here and thank you for your continued support..

We are very aware our support response times have been less than stellar. Occasionally there may be delays in tickets and phone support.

In a continued effort to improve your experience we are hiring more CSR staff and training the new hires. We are making exceptional progress here and there are a few things could help us in our effort:

In order to ensure that you receive the quickest response time limit all current issues to a single email/ticket. Redundant tickets about the same issue account for up to half the delays in general ticket response. Please respond on the current ticket to ask more questions.
Credit is almost always applied when an incident is fully closed. Kindly refrain from requesting compensation until the issue has been resolved so that we can determine the total credit once with all the details and timeframes.

If the two things above could happen, it could effectively cut our response times in half. Many of our customers send multiple emails about the same issue, and this causes multiple reps to get tied up on the same issue.

We are all in this together and your contribution will prove helpful to the cause. Additionally the new agents coming online this week, and they will greatly increase our response times.
If you do not feel your questions are being answered in a timely manner, feel free to email or private message me on hashtrader.com

shogun47

Activity: 1764
Merit: 554

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:15:39 AM

I've called and got prompt service and help from GAW. Their latest BW price around 450 is better than those 50$ Furys. I have 2 furys and ordered the BW.  Grin

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
spiceminer15

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:16:13 AM

I've called and got prompt service and help from GAW. Their latest BW price around 450 is better than those 50$ Furys. I have 2 furys and ordered the BW.  Grin

bw = $6 or less a day
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:31:26 PM

bw = $6 or less a day
The trick is not to convert it daily but to mine and hold selling only when the price is right.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
spiceminer15

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:53:49 PM

bw = $6 or less a day
The trick is not to convert it daily but to mine and hold selling only when the price is right.

I am doing that but its risky and... Still ltc would have to triple in price
thevinci

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:35:33 PM

Any news on the Gridseed A1? I haven't gotten any updates at all.
shogun47

Activity: 1764
Merit: 554

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:14:39 AM

bw = $6 or less a day

In my case I have a specific Scrypt coin (not LTC) I mine at very low diff and its traded enough against a multipool that dumps predictable which makes for real nice swing play. Doing this I already payed for the 2 furys and they are now running at profit. This will actually go faster as it will mine a lot more of the same coin but cost half as much pre MH as the furys when I bought them a month ago. I started this with girdseeds and have worked my way up all with profit generated. I figure that new scrypt coins will actually launch in the winter that i will want to mine before they hit exchange if not i keep at my little swing play coin.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
jekv2

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:39:56 PM

Hi Gawminers.

I have a technical question for you guys.

This a basic question I made about the power the pcie pulls on a PSU. 75 watts per 6pin pcie.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1495905/evga-supernova-g2-super-flower-leadex-psu#post_22418213

And I am wondering how the hell gaw miners are powering the

http://www.gawminers.com/products/13-mh-s-the-black-widow-by-gaw-miners-asic-scrypt-miner-free-zencontroller-week-8/

off two pcie cables...

http://hoosierminer.com/gawminer-black-widow-unboxing/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Roo_xzT_CDQ

Power Consumption: 450W

Without burning up the Power Supply?
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

Hi Gawminers.

This a basic question I made about the power the pcie pulls on a PSU. 75 watts per 6pin pcie.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1495905/evga-supernova-g2-super-flower-leadex-psu#post_22418213

http://www.gawminers.com/products/13-mh-s-the-black-widow-by-gaw-miners-asic-scrypt-miner-free-zencontroller-week-8/

off two pcie cables...

Yes, it exceeds PCI-E specs and might be dangerous if used with a cheap PSU and/or cables. It's unlikely to burn the PSU itself, the risk is in the wires (if thinner than 18 AWG) and connectors. Having said that, the PCI-E spec is conservative. PCI-E 8-pin connector has the same 3 12V circuits and is rated 150W. Good PSUs have 18 or 16 AWG wiring and can carry 200+ watts on the PCI-E cable without any issues. Good ventilation is essential, remember that heat increases resistance, which in turn generates more heat, i.e. it's a runaway effect. Keep an eye on those wires and connectors and you'll be ok. Or this might happen: https://hashtrader.com/t/and-my-black-widow-just-died/2629
jekv2

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:29:52 AM

Hi Gawminers.

off two pcie cables...

Yes, it exceeds PCI-E specs and might be dangerous if used with a cheap PSU and/or cables. It's unlikely to burn the PSU itself, the risk is in the wires (if thinner than 18 AWG) and connectors. Having said that, the PCI-E spec is conservative. PCI-E 8-pin connector has the same 3 12V circuits and is rated 150W. Good PSUs have 18 or 16 AWG wiring and can carry 200+ watts on the PCI-E cable without any issues. Good ventilation is essential, remember that heat increases resistance, which in turn generates more heat, i.e. it's a runaway effect. Keep an eye on those wires and connectors and you'll be ok. Or this might happen: https://hashtrader.com/t/and-my-black-widow-just-died/2629

Wow, that's not good.

Some other info I came across.

Just like what's in the above quote.

Hot cables have higher resistance.  Higher resistance causes more current usage, which generates heat.  So it's a cycle that escalates itself to a point.

I'd say this is a life threatening units that could cause a fire and burn down a home killing who ever is inside. Rather burn out the PSU.

Above my mining rig I have a smoke detector.

Then I have 3 other smoke detectors that are wirelessly connected to each other.

This one is right above my mining rig,

https://i.imgur.com/GE3Yuei.jpg

So, I have 4 all together, 2 on second floor, one main floor and one in the basement.

The one above the rig is just a basic smoke alarm.
bitgeek

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:55:55 PM

You're right it will burn your house down because the wires are warm! Watch out for your GPU chips they tend to get warm too  Shocked Maybe you should start putting smoke detectors in our PC case.

Online.BTC.Bingo

..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
jekv2

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

You're right it will burn your house down because the wires are warm! Watch out for your GPU chips they tend to get warm too  Shocked Maybe you should start putting smoke detectors in our PC case.

This is just a guess. But I guess you intended not to take a look.

https://hashtrader.com/t/and-my-black-widow-just-died/2629

That is a fire hazard.

Edit:
If you think not, you got a fucked up head on your shoulders.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:50:07 PM

Not sure if your being sarcastic... but hot wires is a HUGE risk, especially in this industry where testing is minimal. I have personally had 5-6 PSUs burn up on me, and one actually caught fire.
GAW_Amber

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:02:20 AM

We have made sure to get quality PSUs however, every once in awhile a faulty cable gets through.
We are not taking this lightly. Your safety is always our main priorrity, Please contact us immediately if you feel your cables get too warm at amber@gawminers.com
bitgeek

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:19:21 PM

Edit:
If you think not, you got a fucked up head on your shoulders.

Coming from someone with a fucked up trust rating.

Online.BTC.Bingo

..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
frigidformself

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:42:09 PM

Has anyone here placed an order for the R-Box or RocketBox from GAWMiners?

I have an order placed for 4 of the R-Boxes.  The release date was supposed to be July 8th.  I spoke with someone named Amanda in GAW who said that they were just notified of a delay in their shipment.  Does anyone else have any other information?

Hey Guys,

Quick update on this order.  I contacted Amber from GAWminers yesterday regarding my shipment.  She replied to me within 30 minutes and I was provided a tracking number via Fedex for my 4 R-Boxes on the same day.  I should be receiving all 4 of them tomorrow!  They haven't said anything about compensation for delays; but I'm not going to be asking because it wasn't much beyond their five day guarantee and I feel like I got a good deal.

While the prices on GAW are pretty high, I was able to purchase my 4 R-Boxes for $2.48 because I had $250 in store credit and I took advantage of their 4th of July Sale.  It definitely helps make me feel better about the price I paid for my Week 3 Black Widow.

If you are still waiting on your R-Boxes, I would suggest emailing Amber and seeing if she can help assist you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: