Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:25:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread  (Read 82227 times)
octave1

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:44:21 PM

Man... Have you bothered reading a bit throughout the forum before posting?  It's all over the place!  Look for Wednesday and Thursday, there's people "getting their stuff" all over the place. If people didn't get their week 1 pre-order products for which they paid a premium this forum would be on FIRE, there would be a ton of threads all over BCT and Scam accusations would be booming of accusations.

What "stuff"
I havent seen a post where anyone states they have received War Machine or Falcon apart from one guy who said he received a falcon (but also stated he was one of the founding partners of GAW)

Where are all the happy, or upset "week 1" war machine and falcon customers exactly?
cryptofunk

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:55:46 PM

What "stuff"
I havent seen a post where anyone states they have received War Machine or Falcon apart from one guy who said he received a falcon (but also stated he was one of the founding partners of GAW)

Where are all the happy, or upset "week 1" war machine and falcon customers exactly?

This is my last reply to you, you are clearly being lazy, there's over 30 pages of stuff on the week 1 pre-orders (after moderation).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=529093.0  <-- Then search for falcon

You'll see references, snapshots, etc.  Now if you want to see more, search for keywords you see in those posts that relates to the falcon (1000, 1040, etc).

Or better yet, go to page 110+ and start reading.
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:07:57 PM

Wow you guys are going all out now huh? Kind of getting crazy. Don't buy from them simple as that right? Use a credit card if you do so you additional protection. Simple right?
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8981

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:08:01 PM

Gridseed is not A2/innosiicon

I've yet to see this vehemently denied by both sides so I think for simplicity sake I'll keep assuming they are at least in some kind of cohort.

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/gridseed-gets-the-sole-agency-for-the-innosilicon-a2-chips-and-mining-machine.308871/
alienesb

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:10:48 PM

I've yet to see this vehemently denied by both sides so I think for simplicity sake I'll keep assuming they are at least in some kind of cohort.

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/gridseed-gets-the-sole-agency-for-the-innosilicon-a2-chips-and-mining-machine.308871/

Well that fits the MO of this thread anyway so keep your blinders on and keep making assumptions.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:13:43 PM

I Just ordered from gawminers

this is a very good product that they sell

I had a store credit and purchased this from them

http://www.gawminers.com/6-pin-pcie-to-3-x-2-1mm-barrel-tip-power-cable/

If they ever decide to carry gridseed blades again I will order gridseed blades from them.

For now I order gridseed blades from zoomhash.
As of right now I only recommend gridseed products for asic mining of scrypt coins in your own home. Due to power and safety issues.

Sad that gawminers has had these problems.  

I hope it gets fixed for those that purchased the newer gear from them.

Note gawminers hosting service appears to be okay if you use a cc and get a 60 or more day  return policy

GAW does sell the Blade if that's what you're after (this does not constitute an endorsement, don't blame me if you get a used one, etc etc)

http://www.gawminers.com/5200-kh-s-gridseed-asic-blade-miner/

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:20:44 PM

But why are you defending people who are either frauds or liars? I put their posts together one after another a little higher up this thread, they must be one of the two per their own words.

Two wrongs don't make it right. Straightening the facts does not mean defending GAW, quite the opposite, it gives a lot more weight to the opposing views. There is no need to claim that nobody received Week 1 miners, there are obviously reports of melted wires and stuff, so customers are receiving their hardware. Maybe not too many actually ordered non-hosted units except the more affordable Fury. But no need to make shit up to prove a point, there is plenty of that already.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:24:12 PM

Well that fits the MO of this thread anyway so keep your blinders on and keep making assumptions.

Funny you should mention MO with blinders on, but how about a fact, a link, something to substantiate your statement?
alienesb

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:27:59 PM

Funny you should mention MO with blinders on, but how about a fact, a link, something to substantiate your statement?

We're at this stage now? Prove to me that they are the same how about that?
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:33:55 PM

We're at this stage now? Prove to me that they are the same how about that?

I never claimed they are "the same". I posted a link announcing exclusive partnership. Google "Gridseed Innosilicon". Innosilicon's own website mentions Gridseed as "partner" although doesn't elaborate to what extent.

Not sure why you are so aggressive-defensive, all I'm asking is to share your info if you have any. I shared mine.

octave1

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:40:11 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 03:00:39 PM by octave1

OK
I stand corrected (kind of)

There is one reference to a Falcon being delivered (and photos to prove it)
There is one reference to a hosted War Machine (seems maybe legit)
I cant find any pictures of a real-life War Machine anywhere

Tht thread was moderated by Gaw. And the have since closed the thread and moved to their own moderated board where there are hardly any (accepted) messages.

Does anyone know how many Falcons and War Machines were delivered or hosted week 1?
Theres a lot of talk about furys but hardly anything about Falcon or War Machine. Could it be they sold (if any) just 2-3 units for week one and then sold out and only showing for week 2 and 3.  Please anyone who ordered (falcon, warmachine or terminator) for week 2.. check your GAW account to see if its been delayed by 2 days (hosted)

Heres what i got from going through the original threads from page 110

1)

blueminerneedsfoodbadly - newbie - activity 3
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=529093.msg7041875#msg7041875

"The good news:
 - my Falcons arrived"

Speaks highly of GAW in another thread

Seriously. I just keep getting more than I ever expected.

And I'm sure I'm missing some. This level of customer service (especially in this particular business) is unprecedented, and I have to believe that this product launch is a loss-leader when everything is tallied. BUT... GAW has made a loyal customer here, and probably many more.

----

lastat7300

newbie - activity 4

All 8 of my falcons our out for delivery, Cant wait they should be at the house around noon eastern time got to figure out how to leave early today.

(never said they actually arrived though)

Cassey  (she works for GAW. Or at least a person called Cassie is moderating the chat on Gaws new moderated forum) - which begs the question, why is it being shipped to her if she works there?

Activity: 154

My Fury was just delivered, about 2.5 hours after it hit town per the DHL site.

-----

milesbitcoin
I stand corrected.. here is a photo of a falcon

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=529093.msg7023389#msg7023389

volder - activity 98 (ok could be legit)

I have both an A2 and War Machine (another War Machine coming week 2). What would you like to know?

(later)

All of my miners are hosted. I can speak to their performance, but not their physical appearance.

-------

P.S  Im not a troll. Just worried!
cryptofunk

Activity: 372

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:01:14 PM

P.S  Im not a troll. Just a paranoid libertarian who spent a lot on equipment and is a bit worried!

Your first two posts on BCT suggests no one got their week 1 orders..  I'll be my own judge.
octave1

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:32:01 PM

P.S  Im not a troll. Just a paranoid libertarian who spent a lot on equipment and is a bit worried!

Your first two posts on BCT suggests no one got their week 1 orders..  I'll be my own judge.

You should be your own judge. Im not saying anything, just asking questions. Im looking for evidence that falcons or war machines were shipped or hosted for week 1. And if so, how many people got them. How many orders were placed? I have no doubt now that many of the small units were shipped/hosted.

jdape

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 04:12:27 PM

My week 1 Black Widow at about 14.5Mh/s

http://imgur.com/itfNZaD

Fork Networking - VPS, Colocation, Dedicated Servers for Bitcoin & Litecoin. Since 1994! www.forked.net
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 05:12:18 PM

Oh the big gun... at 50W per MH/s it would be in the 5kW range. They should branch out into making furnaces and water heaters. Think about it, free heat. Until next difficulty increase.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:18:06 PM

Guys I'll try to explain some things to you.
First of all, if you have any complaints about GAW's services, you should contact the seller directly instead of spitting in their face in a thread. There are no products without issues.
Back in the days when people used GPU's, there were numerous threads of cards failing, and we are talking about giants like Gigabyte or Asus.
Nobody was EVER scammed by GAW, but don't expect a hug if you first crap on their doorstep and then turn to customer service.

The other thing I keep seeing is people mentioning that topic from reddit. When I read this first I was also intrigued and asked Josh to explain the whole thing, so now I know both sides of the story.
You know only one and keep taking it for granted, but just think for a second. Was there any proof of these accusations? Why would an owner of a company worth millions try to scam some random dude for $5k? Would he have anything to gain from it? The guy who made the thread on the other hand admitted to be unemployed and in need of a quick buck.

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 05:35:23 PM

Guys I'll try to explain some things to you.
First of all, if you have any complaints about GAW's services, you should contact the seller directly instead of spitting in their face in a thread. There are no products without issues.
Back in the days when people used GPU's, there were numerous threads of cards failing, and we are talking about giants like Gigabyte or Asus.
Nobody was EVER scammed by GAW, but don't expect a hug if you first crap on their doorstep and then turn to customer service.

The other thing I keep seeing is people mentioning that topic from reddit. When I read this first I was also intrigued and asked Josh to explain the whole thing, so now I know both sides of the story.
You know only one and keep taking it for granted, but just think for a second. Was there any proof of these accusations? Why would an owner of a company worth millions try to scam some random dude for $5k? Would he have anything to gain from it? The guy who made the thread on the other hand admitted to be unemployed and in need of a quick buck.

I think if you looked around you'd find that a lot of customers myself included have invested a significant amount of effort into dealing with GAW customer service but it's not that simple is it? It's not "crapping" to expect the vendor to not lie and and not require to ask for support dozens of times for what is a simple paid-delivered type of deal. Gigabyte and Asus, proper hardware vendors with real products and multiyear warranties and working RMA procedures. Not exactly in GAW league.

As for the reddit story, you're lucky to know the other side of it, we're not, so there's that. It's interesting though that there is a shill "eBay" poster and deleted messages involved there, reminiscent of a certain entity that until recently was doing something similar around here.
octave1

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:18:02 PM

Theres another thread by a guy claiming that people on Bitcointalk were paid to write "nice things" about GAW. Pump their products and basically bribe people to help with their marketing.  2 days before the "big release" they move to their own forum.

Im calling on the owners of Bitcointalk (assuming they arent involved) to investigate PMs sent from GAW Miners account and "Cassies" account to see if there is anything suspicious going on (just for the sake of those who are a bit worried - and possibly over-reacting).

Im also calling on GAW to give us the opportunity to prove to us that War Machines do infact exist. How about posting a youtube video of your machines working. Even better how about showing us your 5 data centres please.

I know they are reading this, they seem to have invested a lot in protecting their name etc. They answer emails in the middle of the night.

Does seem suspicious the 2.5% hashing fee. How could that make for a viable business model? At current rates a terminator is going mine about $130 per day and pull 18 kwh a day. 2.5% of $130  = $3.25.  Assuming they get cheap power lets say 10 cents a kwh. They gonna spend $1.80. Doesnt make for a very sizeable profit for them? In 6 months its gonna be running at a loss. And they claim the small units they sold earlier in the month they were selling at a loss.. hmm.

Perhaps they are making $3000 for hardware of these big units. In which case its a viable business model possibly, selling cheap units to home users for break evens to build up their name before making a killing on big units. But how many have they sold. And do they exist?

I believe hardly any, if any WMs were sold on week 1. There would be people talking about them. So far only a guy called Vector is talking about owning a War Machine. Happy or not.. youd be talking about it.

Someone please PROVE that War Machines exist? Too much to ask?

alienesb

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:19:25 PM

Theres another thread by a guy claiming that people on Bitcointalk were paid to write "nice things" about GAW. Pump their products and basically bribe people to help with their marketing.  2 days before the "big release" they move to their own forum.

Im calling on the owners of Bitcointalk (assuming they arent involved) to investigate PMs sent from GAW Miners account and "Cassies" account to see if there is anything suspicious going on (just for the sake of those who are a bit worried - and possibly over-reacting).

Im also calling on GAW to give us the opportunity to prove to us that War Machines do infact exist. How about posting a youtube video of your machines working. Even better how about showing us your 5 data centres please.

I know they are reading this, they seem to have invested a lot in protecting their name etc. They answer emails in the middle of the night.

Does seem suspicious the 2.5% hashing fee. How could that make for a viable business model? At current rates a terminator is going mine about $130 per day and pull 18 kwh a day. 2.5% of $130  = $3.25.  Assuming they get cheap power lets say 10 cents a kwh. They gonna spend $1.80. Doesnt make for a very sizeable profit for them? In 6 months its gonna be running at a loss. And they claim the small units they sold earlier in the month they were selling at a loss.. hmm.

Perhaps they are making $3000 for hardware of these big units. In which case its a viable business model possibly. But how many have they sold. And do they exist?

Someone please PROVE that War Machines exist? Too much to ask?

Why does anyone one have to prove anything to you? You do the work for a change, maybe order something from them and get "screwed" so you can call them scammers. If you do please use the link in my sig! Nobody has yet which makes me sad.
octave1

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:30:57 PM

Why does anyone one have to prove anything to you? You do the work for a change, maybe order something from them and get "screwed" so you can call them scammers. If you do please use the link in my sig! Nobody has yet which makes me sad.
[/quote]

Cos some people have money to invest. We arent all making $1 a day mining with a $150 machine using our parents power bill Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: