Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:12:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread  (Read 82227 times)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8981

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:56:56 PM

Are you paid by one of their competitor? Most people I've heard on forums and on Reddit are very satisfied with GAW, and I am too.
Their products work well, they ship on time, and support is efficient. They even gave gifts like the zenController and free upgrades to overnight shipping for week 2 orders.

And all that, considering that they released their first highly anticipated products only 3 weeks ago, is quite surprisingly good.

"You disagree with me - paid by a competitor".

"You shouldn't complain because there are users that don't have issues".

"I talk some PR talk - I'm so clever".

I wonder where I heard that before.

You should also try looking around your own sandbox forum, there is plenty of not "well", not "on time", and not "efficient" there. The Delete Department is not keeping up apparently.

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:19:12 PM

Are you paid by one of their competitor? Most people I've heard on forums and on Reddit are very satisfied with GAW, and I am too.
Their products work well, they ship on time, and support is efficient. They even gave gifts like the zenController and free upgrades to overnight shipping for week 2 orders.

And all that, considering that they released their first highly anticipated products only 3 weeks ago, is quite surprisingly good.

You should also try looking around your own sandbox forum, there is plenty of not "well", not "on time", and not "efficient" there. The Delete Department is not keeping up apparently.

Of course there are dissatisfied costumers, but saying that GAW is a dishonest company because of that seems like a bit too much.
I've had an issue which was promptly resolved so I just wanted to share my point of view.
Zackary

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:32:47 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 09:51:35 PM by Zackary

My experience with GAW Miners has been anything but pleasant thus far.
I purchased close to $6,000 in hosted Gridseed Blades from them a couple of months ago.

Since I have been using GAW Miners for their hosted Blades that I've purchased, I have to email/call support almost every other day because one my miners goes down and resetting on their miner GUI (hash.gawminers.com) does nothing.
On multiple occasions my hosted blades have been down for a more than 24 hours so I doubt the "free hosting for 1 year" is going to be worth it at this rate vs. hosting it at home.

Each time I contact GAW Miners, I typically don't see a fix for my miners until about 10-24 hours after my miner has gone down.

If I ever plan on using/buying hosted miners again, it will not be with GAW Miners, they have lost me as an ongoing customer.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 09:33:14 PM

Of course there are dissatisfied costumers, but saying that GAW is a dishonest company because of that seems like a bit too much.
I've had an issue which was promptly resolved so I just wanted to share my point of view.

Point of view - good. Here is mine: throwing around accusations of being paid by a competitor and trying to sterilize public image with these shenanigans is truly lame for a business that supposedly prides itself on being head and shoulders above everyone else. But then again, I'm most surely not the target audience for this. Carry on.

Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:52:17 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 05:47:19 AM by Shattered

I feel the need to share my recent/only experience with GAWminers.
---If you dont want to read the detailed story, scroll the the bottom for cliffs---

I ordered (1) Fury Asic miner on May 27th 2014.
I wanted to test the quality of a single unit before i made a full purchase of either a larger unit or (11) more Furys to equal a dozen.

According to their website, the unit was supposed to be shipped on or before June 2nd (Batch 2).
On June 2nd i received a tracking order for FedEx and on June 6th Friday my package arrived.
I was excited to get the Fury up and running so i could test the quality and then immediately make a second order.

I open the box and to my surprise, it was full of cables and (1) ZenController.
Cant mine anything with a controller and NO asic.

I immediately called the customer service phone number and waited on hold for 15mins before finally hanging up.
I then tried the online chat support option, but no live customer service agent to talk to, so i was only able to leave an email, which i did.

Sent a follow up email on Saturday - No response.
Tried live chat on the website again on Sunday June 8th, and i was able to talk to Jonathan and he told me he was not able to help me until Monday since he was actually working from home, and wouldnt be in the office until the next day. He said he was going to forward my issue to another agent named Amanda for faster assistance on Monday.

Amanda replies by email on Monday telling me that FedEx has messed up a bunch of their customers orders and that she would be shipping my order again on Tuesday. She says that she will email me the new tracking number and that i will be compensated for my lost mining time.

I send her an email early morning on Tuesday asking how the order was shipped i.e. Overnight or standard 4-6 days, and if she has the new tracking number for me yet, and never get a response.

I sent a 2nd email about 8hrs later, asking if the Fury was shipped yet.
Amanda immediately responded telling me my order was going to be shipped soon, but she didnt have a tracking number (LOL)
She further said i was going to be getting store credit and she hoped i would be happy to use it in the future (LOL x2)

I immediately replied with an email asking how much store credit exactly i would be receiving?
She never responded.

On Tuesday June 11th, I wait all day for an email with her response or at least a tracking number for my Fury. No email.

I finally send an email late that day requesting a full refund via BTC.
As of today June 12th, no response to that email. I called the 800 number again and of course get ahold of Johnathan, and tell him i want a full refund.
I tell him upon GAW sending my BTC back i will send them their Zentroller (which is worthless to me without an Asic) back immediately.

He says (again) that he will forward my request to someone else for assistance. LOL

Summary: Im sooooo glad i only ordered 1 Asic from GAWminers.
They either
(A) Dont know how to run a business/need more employees.
(B) Have the worst luck with FedEx - a company doing pretty well in the logistics business for years.

Cliffs--
*Ordered (1) Fury Asic with Zencontroller on May 27th
*Received a box from FedEx on June 6th missing the Asic miner and only containing the Zencontroller and packing peanuts.
*Sent countless emails back n forth with customer service getting nowhere for a week.
*Requested a full refund in BTC on June 12th
NCM

Activity: 40
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:32:34 PM

Man, my hosted machines are down, the UI is down, and hashtrader is down. This is really getting frustrating.  Sad

Things are moving in the right direction today, my week 2 machine is working, the UI is kinda working, and hashtrader is up. Now if I can get my week 3 machine going and get my compensation, I'll be happy   Smiley

boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:39:05 PM

My experience with GAW Miners has been anything but pleasant thus far.
I purchased close to $6,000 in hosted Gridseed Blades from them a couple of months ago.

Since I have been using GAW Miners for their hosted Blades that I've purchased, I have to email/call support almost every other day because one my miners goes down and resetting on their miner GUI (hash.gawminers.com) does nothing.
On multiple occasions my hosted blades have been down for a more than 24 hours so I doubt the "free hosting for 1 year" is going to be worth it at this rate vs. hosting it at home.

Each time I contact GAW Miners, I typically don't see a fix for my miners until about 10-24 hours after my miner has gone down.

If I ever plan on using/buying hosted miners again, it will not be with GAW Miners, they have lost me as an ongoing customer.

Pretty much sum up my experience as well.

Not going to buy another miner from them again.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:34:18 PM

Be VERY careful with sending your money to GAWminers....
I cant call them a complete SCAM yet, but its kinda looking like one....

Did you pay with BTC? Looks like you did...

I'm wondering if their "policies" differ depending on payment method. Mentioning a PP dispute or a CC chargeback would probably sort it out in minutes.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:59:28 PM

you and I read different internet lynn!

even hashmaster forum have customers who complain every day for ship delay, hosting not working, but GAW keep moving post

i wish someone paid me to write--- minereu sucks, zeus has money but I have no working hardware shipped, GAW next on list to try but not seem honest, losing options to get stuff in Germany and nobody can do hosting right. crap market
You didn't mention Zoomhash. By mistake or on purpose?

Shattered

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:01:44 AM

Be VERY careful with sending your money to GAWminers....
I cant call them a complete SCAM yet, but its kinda looking like one....

Did you pay with BTC? Looks like you did...

I'm wondering if their "policies" differ depending on payment method. Mentioning a PP dispute or a CC chargeback would probably sort it out in minutes.

I did pay with BTC.
I have had PP since 2009 and have never once done a chargeback.

If i would have paid with PP this would definitely be my first tho..
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:15:19 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 12:54:47 AM by GAW Miners_CEO

I have personally reached out to the last few users that have issues to find out what happened, and see if I can resolve the issue. Most have not responded, but I will insure some kind of resolution when the day.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:47:17 AM

I have personally reach out to the last few users that have issues to find out what happened, and see if I can resolve the issue. Most have not responded, but I will insure some kind of resolution when the day.
You post crap about a guy's company and he personally reaches out to you to make it right. I'm impressed.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Bearaids

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:50:55 AM

I recently bought a couple generation A from gaw miners(Fury Single Orders). Im really happy with my furies. Though i did have to talk to support. I did get upset, i was quick to judge and should have just remembered that they were under heavy load.. Probably still are. Each time i loaded up the Chat on the website said there was a wait list of 15+. Anyways.. They sen't me 3 Boxes by mistake. I got a import fee each time. So naturally i loaded up support and complained that they should have been shipped in one box. They Almost instantly gave me 102 Store credit.(Cost of the import fees). Well i was like "Well hey now i didn't want to invest that much money." So i worked my way though the Chat system Took a bit, But thats understandable to me. Till i talked to josh(CEO) He reviewed my complaints("Had I known i was going to invest that much money i would have bought the 5 off the bat") and was happy to Credit me another 150 Dollars for my Issues. Im Extremely happy with my tech and the support i was able to receive from Gaw.

10/10

Will Be back for Generation B
happydaze

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:53:42 AM

I have 4 orders now completed with GAWMiners and my next miner will probably be from them.  They're as real as it gets.  

It's too bad that something went wrong with some forum posters orders but GAW's here listening and offering assistance and they'll make it right.

Josh - DHL really works well.  Both my week 1 & week 3 came via DHL & I'm very happy with their service.

EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:02:17 AM

There was a lot of people complaining in this thread but eventually most of them got what they wanted and calmed down. I'd advise you to contact GAW's support before leaving negative feedback here.
Those are just people and people make mistakes, especially when they are sending 100 packages a day.

Shattered

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:50:32 AM

I have personally reached out to the last few users that have issues to find out what happened, and see if I can resolve the issue. Most have not responded, but I will insure some kind of resolution when the day.

I responded to your PM regarding my "issue".

I first would like to thank you for reaching out to me.
We can do this is the open for complete transparency (my suggestion).

@evilPanda If you read my post, you can see i reached out to GAW customer support many, many times....

I will leave it at that for the time being...and see what GAW CEO decides to do...
Shattered

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:06:27 AM

I just had an hour long conversation with the GAWminers CEO Josh.
After the conversation i am proud to say im 100% satisfied with the outcome.

Josh didnt have to take time to call me personally, but he did and that means a lot.
I fully understand we are dealing with a brand new industry and there are going to be some bumps in the road.

I would like to take the time to publicly say thank you to the over worked staff of GAW, and Josh personally.

I will update when i receive my order in the next few days.

tuanvie

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:41:15 AM

I am still waiting for the shipment to be delivered on the 16th June,
I hope here is not a place to insult,
let's think positive, and give the best reviews
I also have not received my order, and I will soon give Riview about stuff that I message

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Bitice

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:57:48 AM

7 hours? My week 2 Fury, which initially went online June 2nd, has been offline probably 80-90% since then and at the moment is STILL down.

Update on my hosted Fury. It finally came alive yesterday and has been mining since.

Lots of responses from Gaw customer support during this whole time (bit delayed due to time zone difference, I imagine) which is a heck of a lot more than I got from Zeus (nada, zip, nothing)
arthur jones

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:21:32 AM

same story, same story, same story, GAW mess up big but they eventually make it okay---- how about GAW stop big mess ups or try be honest?

where picture of melted psu? where review of fury from site when guy say power run so hot? google show me this, GAW site show nothing!!

so you understand, minereu mess up large order, try to blame carrier, eventually refund, zeus still not deliver large order, terry is shit, gaw cover up all bad news then give refund after big self mine--- not big heroes, big crooks. did not order zoomhash because I am in Germany and GAW was next up search after minereu and zeus fail me, but GAW search and what GAW say are much different

google shows different story since everyone delete everything
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: