Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:36:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread  (Read 82227 times)
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:09:30 PM

GAW is on the path of destroying the real miners with their semi-ponzi scheme. 

Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:29:18 PM

Ponzi or not all I care if I get paid , if a ponzi works its great until it collapses , as long as you dont get caught at the last second , if you are in between you are in a get quick rich scheme that you can get paid Cheesy
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:15:28 PM

Ponzi or not all I care if I get paid , if a ponzi works its great until it collapses , as long as you dont get caught at the last second , if you are in between you are in a get quick rich scheme that you can get paid Cheesy

Ahh yes that is so true.  You should mortgage your house and invest all of your savings in this since you are getting in on the ground floor.  What could possibly go wrong?
tf315

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:36:17 PM

Everyone SHOULD be concerned if it is a Ponzi or not. Keep in mind that 'profits' from ponzi schemes can get clawed back so all payments are at risk of being pulled back if that is what is happening. Would be difficult to do in the bitcoin world but not impossible.
ThePhwner

Activity: 616

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:02:13 PM

My instantly activated Hashlet still has not arrived 2 days later. I got a successful payment conf. for an LTC payment. I've waited 2 days for instant activation.

I think the thing that's the most offensive is no response to my support ticket, no word from Gaw customer service. Failure to deliver product? Check. False advertising re: instant activation? Check. Keeping customer funds without delivery? Check.

And others I know are currently in this situation. A little communication could go a long way... but...

If anyone else is in the same boat, GAW Miners is listed with the BBB of Connecticut.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
verloren

Activity: 323

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:48:17 PM

My instantly activated Hashlet still has not arrived 2 days later. I got a successful payment conf. for an LTC payment. I've waited 2 days for instant activation.

I think the thing that's the most offensive is no response to my support ticket, no word from Gaw customer service. Failure to deliver product? Check. False advertising re: instant activation? Check. Keeping customer funds without delivery? Check.

And others I know are currently in this situation. A little communication could go a long way... but...

If anyone else is in the same boat, GAW Miners is listed with the BBB of Connecticut.
Have you tried posting your order # in the Hashlet support thread & PMing Zenminer_Eric on the Hashtalk forums?
spiceminer15

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:58:20 PM

I opened a ticket about transferring a zencontroller to someone after selling a black widow. no response for several days.

tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:17:58 PM

I opened a ticket about transferring a zencontroller to someone after selling a black widow. no response for several days.

Yea they said they are behind and trying to hire more support to keep up with demand.
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:20:38 PM

Well to be honest they are out of stock for hashlets which might mean that they are over their head Cheesy So obviously they are trying their best but it might not be enough , also until tomorrow I bet there are people working overtime to fix things so when they announce the new hashlet thingy tomorrow they will be able cope up with the new customers once again Cheesy
spiceminer15

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:39:11 PM

how can you be out of stock of something that doesn't exist / maybe is virtual lol
tom14cat14

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:48:38 PM

how can you be out of stock of something that doesn't exist / maybe is virtual lol

Do you have all your cash in your hands? Are digital goods all fake because you cant touch them. Do you stream netflix that must be fake. The argument of it doesnt exist because it is virtual or you dont have it is getting old.
spiceminer15

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:07:11 PM

Do you have all your cash in your hands? Are digital goods all fake because you cant touch them. Do you stream netflix that must be fake. The argument of it doesnt exist because it is virtual or you dont have it is getting old.

Netflix doesn't run out of available accounts. its not quite the same.

maybe they ran out of hash power in their "data center" so they can't sell any more? that would be amazingly ethical for a asic related company. usually they just keep selling whether they have them or not lol
tom14cat14

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:10:55 PM

Netflix doesn't run out of available accounts. its not quite the same.

maybe they ran out of hash power in their "data center" so they can't sell any more? that would be amazingly ethical for a asic related company. usually they just keep selling whether they have them or not lol

From the CEO himself he said they keep a high % of reserve hash to keep everyone hashing with 100% uptime. So they will not sell those hahses and they have run out of available hashes but have another data center coming online soon. I would have to go look but I think it was this week but don't quote it.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:20:18 AM

They said multiple times they own 3 separate data centers, so there is really a lot of hash to sell.
Most people are used to treating farms with over $100K in hardware as big. I believe even GAWs innitial investment wasn't a 6 number sum Smiley

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
GAW_Amber

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:47:05 AM

Hey Guys I know my friends on the ZenMiner side are working as quickly as they can to get activation codes out. Please email me if you are still waiting for your code, if you have already received it, please update your post to reflect that.

Thanks!

Amber
amber@gawminers.com
tilray

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:35:07 AM

I have had some hiccups with GAW but Josh the CEO and Carlos have fixed all my issues in 2 days and even reached out to me personally from their email accounts, I am very happy with the customer service they have! to those mad I can only bet it was something you did and messed up on and now you rage and rage

Keep it up GAW Smiley
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:56:55 PM

I have had some hiccups with GAW but Josh the CEO and Carlos have fixed all my issues in 2 days and even reached out to me personally from their email accounts, I am very happy with the customer service they have! to those mad I can only bet it was something you did and messed up on and now you rage and rage

Keep it up GAW Smiley

same story over and over and over again

there shouldn't be issues to fix to begin with jesus you sheeps will never learn
Wow somebody woke up this old spammer account  Shocked It's been dead for almost a month.

BitcoinBrains

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 06:09:49 PM

I've been scammed by GAW!

About a month ago, I ordered a batch of GAWMINER 5 gh/s Gridseed miners for a friend and customer of mine.
The units were advertised as used but working.

Two of the five miners arrived completely DOA. Upon physical inspection, we found visible burn marks on both units. There is simply no way these units could have been working before they were shipped.

Best case scenario, GAWMINERS or their drop shipper is extremely careless and are just pulling units off the shelf and shipping them without checking to see if they work.
Worst case scenario and what I am increasing starting to believe is the case, GAWMINERS knowingly sent out damaged hardware in an attempt to pass the burden of lost mining time on to the customer.

Over the last month, I think I've been very patient and reasonable in trying to contact GAWMINERS by phone, email and through their internal ticket system.
I've received about 20 replies in all, most of which are something along the lines of "I'm passing this on to some other person who can deal with it".
Eventually I was told that we would need to RMA these units and that there would be no compensation for the lost mining time. I believe that the right thing to do is to simply refund these units. Gawminer straight up refuses to take responsibility for shipping damaged hardware.

I've come to the conclusion that the most likely case is that this is a deliberate attempt to defraud their customers.
I've pretty much given up on ever getting a refund from these guys and sent them back for RMA.

I'm posting this in the hopes of raising awareness of this company and its shady practices.
I will be posting this around the internet. My next step will be to contact law enforcement agencies in both countries.

Bitcoin Brains, brick and mortar bitcoin stores in Alberta, Canada. 
Buy cool stuff for bitcoins
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:53:38 PM

I've been scammed by GAW!

About a month ago, I ordered a batch of GAWMINER 5 gh/s Gridseed miners for a friend and customer of mine.
The units were advertised as used but working.

Two of the five miners arrived completely DOA. Upon physical inspection, we found visible burn marks on both units. There is simply no way these units could have been working before they were shipped.

Best case scenario, GAWMINERS or their drop shipper is extremely careless and are just pulling units off the shelf and shipping them without checking to see if they work.
Worst case scenario and what I am increasing starting to believe is the case, GAWMINERS knowingly sent out damaged hardware in an attempt to pass the burden of lost mining time on to the customer.

Over the last month, I think I've been very patient and reasonable in trying to contact GAWMINERS by phone, email and through their internal ticket system.
I've received about 20 replies in all, most of which are something along the lines of "I'm passing this on to some other person who can deal with it".
Eventually I was told that we would need to RMA these units and that there would be no compensation for the lost mining time. I believe that the right thing to do is to simply refund these units. Gawminer straight up refuses to take responsibility for shipping damaged hardware.

I've come to the conclusion that the most likely case is that this is a deliberate attempt to defraud their customers.
I've pretty much given up on ever getting a refund from these guys and sent them back for RMA.

I'm posting this in the hopes of raising awareness of this company and its shady practices.
I will be posting this around the internet. My next step will be to contact law enforcement agencies in both countries.

First, Gridseed don't run at 5 GH/s.
Second, you didn't even bother to read their Terms and Conditions, which is your own fault. It clearly states this:

ALL SHIPPED, NON-HOSTED , GAW HOSTED & ZENCLOUD HOSTED ORDERS

All sales are final. GAW Miners does not accept returns and will not issue a refund if item is returned. Any products that are not functioning correctly due to manufacturer defects will be replaced after an RMA is issued and the item is sent back to GAW Miners, inspected and approved. Please refer to the - Replacements and Returns Due to Manufacturer Defects - section below for full instructions on how to begin the RMA process.

So no, you didn't get scammed at all, you just didn't bother reading the TOS and complained.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8981

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 07:27:14 PM

So no, you didn't get scammed at all, you just didn't bother reading the TOS and complained.

The important bits are: international transaction; a month ago.

This would then apply:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=537912.msg8249714#msg8249714

http://gawminers.com/pages/terms-conditions

All sales are final. GAW Miners does not accept returns and will not issue a refund if item is returned. Any products that are not functioning correctly due to manufacturer defects will be replaced after an RMA is issued and the item is sent back to GAW Miners, inspected and approved.

Only miners malfunctioning due to a factory defect are eligible for replacement or refund through an RMA process.

Refunds will be made back to your original payment method. All payments in Bitcoin (BTC) or other cryptocurrencies will be made back to your account equal to the U.S. Dollar (USD) amount paid at the time of sale regardless of the BTC exchange rate.

Exchanges are not offered with international shipments.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: