Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:08:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread  (Read 82227 times)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8981

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 06:33:08 PM

Mr. CEO, it's true that we don't know the true ratio of complaints vs the number of orders/customers, but by the same token you can't claim that unhappy bitcointalk members constitute all of your unhappy customers. I do however have my own experience with GAW and I must be the unluckiest sucker in the world to have all these delivery delays, missing parts, blades going down 12 hours at a time etc etc while everything is peachy for everyone else. I strongly disagree that any of that requires escalation to the CEO to be resolved. A support ticket saying "my blade is down again" is about as simple as it gets.

What we do know however is the ratio of lies vs true facts, and it is not getting any better. You came in and made quite a splash in the ASIC hardware market while claiming transparency, honesty, and all these nice things, but it seems that you either have a very weak grasp of this whole thing or are deliberately misleading the public. Which is fine if that's how you choose to run your business, not the first or the last one to do that, just don't act all surprised if you are not universally admired on the brutal interwebs. 20-30% lost packages, I'm still laughing about that one Smiley

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 06:46:43 PM

You suggested price fixing.

Did he really suggest price fixing? I read it more like a naive expectation that everyone will follow by example. In any case, this is nothing new, Bitmain have been doing this for a while - adjusting prices daily. The difference though is that they actually have their shit in stock and don't seem to be fixated on world domination, just delivering hardware.
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:12:12 PM

Flipside, people will be hesitant to deal with Gridseed in the future and they may have signed their own death certificate in the industry.  Other chips are coming and they pissed off a LOT of people. 

Nah, as long as they offer a compelling product with a good $/MHs they will sell more.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 07:23:16 PM

Flipside, people will be hesitant to deal with Gridseed in the future and they may have signed their own death certificate in the industry.  Other chips are coming and they pissed off a LOT of people. 

Nah, as long as they offer a compelling product with a good $/MHs they will sell more.

Aren't Gridseed in partnership with Innosilicon? Haven't been following that story recently. Innosilicon could be a formidable competitor, especially for the Zeus clones.
Edser

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:58:22 PM

My new boxes have arrived! hopefully I have this up and running on Saturday (lots of setup)

quote defcoin ==== LOL... oh no, the coin is dead cause $DEV doesn't live on BCT! When will you people learn that everything on here is completely irrelevant next to useless. Devs need to stop using it all together, only then can crypto begin to flourish. It's such a shame that people consider this shit hole to be the pinnacle of information when it comes to developments. I don't blame $DEV for not coming on here, and frankly I am embarrassed that I even check BCT myself.
jayen

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:07:24 PM

My new boxes have arrived! hopefully I have this up and running on Saturday (lots of setup)

Im glad to hear that for you. My USPS shipment is now very clearly being tracked and progressing -- which gives me some optimism back.

Although I know there are a lot of concerns expressed in this thread, I do have to give Josh credit for pro-actively following up with my particular case. He reached out to me, and offered me both a resolution and a fair offer of compensation. It certainly is not ideal that it had to reach this point -- but I think it would be unfair if we simply dismissed the good things they do try to do. And to give perspective, I'm probably a fairly small first time customer.
kcheel

Activity: 188
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:40:47 PM

Below is my thread which was deleted from their moderated thread.  I did receive a PM from GAW stating they will look into the order and will update it as it goes.

I have been a little frustrated with GAW so far.  I decided to get me a Blade and figured with the good things I had heard about GAW, would order from them.  When I saw the promo to get a Blade and get a free mini, figured it was good time to order.

4/22 - Placed order.  Got shipping notice with USPS tracking # later that day.  Was really impressed they were that quick.  Was happy that I would have it running by the weekend.

4/23 and 4/24 - No history showing still on tracking #, so was obviously not shipped yet.  Sent support ticket asking when it would actually ship.  

4/25 - Received response from support ticket saying it was USPS's fault, that they reuse tracking #'s.  Which isn't the problem, there was no activity showing on it, not old activity.  Then turned around and said it would be shipping that day (4/25).  On this day, I also receive another tracking email notification saying that my order has shipped via DHL, so now I am really confused.  I check the DHL tracking # and it shows a package that is in Hong Kong and is being delivered to Austin, TX.  Which is even more confusing since I am in NC.

Which brings me to today (4/28) and I still have no clue where my order is coming from and who is actually delivering it.  USPS tracking # still shows no activity and the DHL tracking # shows it out for delivery in Austin, TX.

4/28 Afternoon Update:  DHL just delivered the Blade and PSU/Cables.  Why DHL tracking showed the order in Austin, TX, I have no clue but that is not GAW's fault.  So it is here, just waiting on the Gridseed Mini and power adapter.  Going to guess that is what is supposed to be coming from USPS, just hasn't been shipped yet (even though I received tracking number on the 22nd).  So overall delivery time for the Blade is within the 5 business day time GAW promises.  They caused a lot of confusion though by saying the entire order has shipped via USPS, when actually most of it came via DHL.  The whole "Process it as shipped and provide tracking #, even though it has not shipped and will not for days" routine, hopefully they will stop doing that.  I am not so impatient that I can not wait a couple of days for shipping but don't tell me it has shipped when it hasn't.  Hopefully the rest of it shows up soon.  I had been debating ordering another blade from them but this has definitely not pushed me towards it.

5/13 update:  Was given a small store credit back on 4/29 for all the confusion regarding the shipping details being off from what I was emailed, which was appreciated, especially considering the Blades dropped $500 right after I ordered.  As for the rest of my order, I still have never received it.  Have emailed support several times and other than getting a reply they are looking into it, have heard nothing back since last week.  Today is 3 weeks since order was placed.

5/15 update: Finally received rest of my order today after being escalated yesterday by Jessica in customer service and it was express shipped to me.  GAW CEO also contacted me to find out exactly where all the problems were made, so they could hopefully improve on their service.  He also offered and I accepted a very nice store credit to compensate for my troubles and Blade price drop right after I purchased.  So I am happy with the resolution and will do business with GAW again in the future.
Edser

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:52:56 AM

Well so my stuff arrived. what I thought the agreed upon status was cabled up PSUs. The few cables attached were either very poorly done by someone with no idea what a gap is, or why ALL the copper is needed to connect. I am also shocked at the nicks the the shielding. starting from scratch on those. 3 hours down today; going to be at least 4-5 hours more to getting this setup properly for a plug n play system.

Did not receive the correct amount of supplies on the initial order and alerted to this prior to the above shipment. Did not receive. No directions as per last conversation (only got miner config basic setup help info), and no specs on what the PSU can support seen on the help forum.

Sour taste in the mouth is back.

quote defcoin ==== LOL... oh no, the coin is dead cause $DEV doesn't live on BCT! When will you people learn that everything on here is completely irrelevant next to useless. Devs need to stop using it all together, only then can crypto begin to flourish. It's such a shame that people consider this shit hole to be the pinnacle of information when it comes to developments. I don't blame $DEV for not coming on here, and frankly I am embarrassed that I even check BCT myself.
Mad Macs

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:55:44 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 09:46:12 PM by Mad Macs

I'm going on 8 hours of downtime on 1 blade......

I ordered the Black Widow upgrades for $500 apiece for my 2 blades however I'll host them myself at my office or datacenter.  I've had about 30 hours of downtime in the past month with my hosted blades.

**Edit** Within 30 minutes of Josh contacting me my issues have been taken care of to my satisfaction.  He did what was right, and in the end that's what matters.
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:52:38 PM

I ordered the Black Widow upgrades for $500 apiece for my 2 blades however I'll host them myself at my office or datacenter.  I've had about 30 hours of downtime in the past month with my hosted blades.

Emailed you twice, can't help if you complain here, but don't respond Smiley
Mad Macs

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:17:57 PM

I ordered the Black Widow upgrades for $500 apiece for my 2 blades however I'll host them myself at my office or datacenter.  I've had about 30 hours of downtime in the past month with my hosted blades.

Emailed you twice, can't help if you complain here, but don't respond Smiley

PM me, I didn't get any emails.  Last response was at 5:37am today from Thomas Nguyen.
Edser

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:41:26 PM

Working on my resolution now!

They are very willing to help. Seem too swamped which I consider a good problem to have.
Will consider my next purchase here once I get thru this issue.

PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:55:48 AM

Blade has been running 5.6 past 72 hours, so I'm happy there.
Now I just need me a nice coin to mine.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:18:55 PM

I'm currently waiting on an order to arrive and i've noticed a few things
Ground shipping ($0) gave an extremely simmilar shipping path, and expected ETA as USPS (Priority Mail International) for $31.60, GAW miners emailed recipt says that this is "same day" shipping, yet USPS tells me that there is no difference in the shipping methods for the packages I'm tracking

In other words, paying for priority shipping seems to have done Nothing. The package I paid extra to have arrive faster, is not moving faster, is taking the same route, and USPS says there is no difference in the package's shipping method...

So what was my money spent on?
The GAW team contacted me and were quite professional about my concerns.
They apologised for the mixup and refunded me the extra funds I had spent, Normally i'd be a little annoyed that my request for priority shipping was uhh Mishandled?
However I'm not since according to USPS, all the packages are likely to arrive at the same time. *shrugs* All is well!
My stuff arrived in 5 days which is pretty freaking good especially considering on small orders shipping is free!
All the items arrieved at the same time too, but sadly there was a little shipping mistake, I ordered 3 PSU's, but sadly got 3 usb cables, D: this seemed like a big problem at first so i paniced thinking, "Who ticked the wrong box?" and eventually contacted the GAW miners team, and without hesitation shipped me my PSU's with overnight delivery! Plus an extra backup one!

You really can't ask for more than that, I'm definitley happy with my experiance with GAW miners, a simple honest mistake was swiftley taken care of by generous profession action.
I'd definitely trust them again with my future purchases if they keep this kind of work ethic!
If anyone has an issue with them, contact them about it!, they aren't BFL'ers... hah!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
cilution

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:19:29 AM

More issues with the hosted blade... Does anyone know what's going on if it is basically running at half speed? Cloud hash reports ~5.7 Mh/s, CleverMining reporting about ~2.7 for over a day now. I emailed GAW support yesterday inquiring, but no response yet. Looking at pool activity, I see ~30k Accept and ~28k Discard. Wonder if somehow only one of the 2 devices are being accepted? Not sure what Discards mean.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 05:30:39 AM

More issues with the hosted blade... Does anyone know what's going on if it is basically running at half speed? Cloud hash reports ~5.7 Mh/s, CleverMining reporting about ~2.7 for over a day now. I emailed GAW support yesterday inquiring, but no response yet. Looking at pool activity, I see ~30k Accept and ~28k Discard. Wonder if somehow only one of the 2 devices are being accepted? Not sure what Discards mean.

Don't worry about discards, I don't know why they even show them, it's misleading. Accepts, rejects, and hardware errors is what you should be looking at. Have you tried restarting the blade?
cilution

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:35:21 AM

Looks like it isn't restarting, now it is just down... Probably waited at least half an hour after kicking off the restart. Now I've switched the pool priority. No luck.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 06:45:59 AM

Looks like it isn't restarting, now it is just down... Probably waited at least half an hour after kicking off the restart. Now I've switched the pool priority. No luck.

You didn't order the upgrade to 13 MH/s by any chance, did you? That would have disabled your blade.

Your problem might be a good case to make use of GAWs forum monitoring skills Smiley. Go to their announcement thread, post your problem, your post will get deleted but you will probably get a PM offering "help". Worth a shot I think, if you can't get help from their support.
Byte me

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:50:32 AM

Guys, GAW and Josh are just great.
Just send a support ticket and they will help. I never seen a company in this arena who offer such a good service and gives so much value to the costumer. I did have problems with the hosting and they solved it, not only they solved it they compensated me, BIG TIME. So even if you have problems, you know that someone is there to help you.

All I can say is:

SERVICE - 10
VALUE - 10
PRICES - 10
DELIVERY - 10

You cant go wrong with them. Josh and all of the stuff was very nice and helpful all the time and I am not even an American, so you can figure they had a hard time understanding what I am saying, which was also funny sometimes Smiley
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:56:41 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 09:15:36 PM by JackRabiit

Guys, GAW and Josh are just great.
Just send a support ticket and they will help. I never seen a company in this arena who offer such a good service and gives so much value to the costumer. I did have problems with the hosting and they solved it, not only they solved it they compensated me, BIG TIME. So even if you have problems, you know that someone is there to help you.

All I can say is:

SERVICE - 10
VALUE - 10
PRICES - 10
DELIVERY - 10

You cant go wrong with them. Josh and all of the stuff was very nice and helpful all the time and I am not even an American, so you can figure they had a hard time understanding what I am saying, which was also funny sometimes Smiley
Who is this Josh that you speak of? BFL_Josh is a total scumbag

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: