Bitcoin Forum
October 06, 2024, 02:32:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine[In Progress]  (Read 69454 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1378

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 09:46:20 PM

^^^ Thank you, paxmao. You are continually showing us how patient Russia is against people who harm them.

Consider. Ukraine was killing peaceful Russians in the Donbas area since before 2014... including incursions into Russia itself. But the peacefulness and patience of Russia caused them to try every method outside of an actual forceful policing of Ukraine insurgency to stop Ukraine's viciousness. But it didn't work. So the 2022 police action into Ukraine.

BTW, Putin did it all legally through the UN with UN paperwork. You really need to look and see who the bad guys are in this whole war.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1620

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 11:46:44 PM

^^^ Thank you, paxmao. You are continually showing us how patient Russia is against people who harm them.

Consider. Ukraine was killing peaceful Russians in the Donbas area since before 2014... including incursions into Russia itself. But the peacefulness and patience of Russia caused them to try every method outside of an actual forceful policing of Ukraine insurgency to stop Ukraine's viciousness. But it didn't work. So the 2022 police action into Ukraine.

BTW, Putin did it all legally through the UN with UN paperwork. You really need to look and see who the bad guys are in this whole war.

Cool

You are not Ukranian, you do not know anything other what your local methodist maga-integrist tells you when you pee together. Leave Ukraine alone.

DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2901
Merit: 1914

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 04:07:19 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2024, 05:48:17 AM by DaRude

[...]

This one deserves an special mention to be honest, I just did not have the time. would you like to have tea, window? would you like some Novichok or Polonium with it?

And you of all people dare to speak about detaining people. btw Pavel is a French citizen, so he accepted to be subject to French law, which, like most countries, takes seriously when someone looks like collaborating with a hostile nation. The question is how far has that collaboration gone - guarantee free speech or actually handing over information to the FSB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspicious_deaths_of_notable_Russians_(2022–2024)

Please, find here the list of 44 notable Ruzzian business or other leaders that have been killed died in mysterious circumstances after challenging you know who.

"collaborating with a hostile nation" hard to make that into more of a political arrest, having little to do with the actual charges brought up against him. So much for an independent judicial system.

I will translate it for you: Espionage -  a crime in any and all nations, AKA treason if you are a citizen. I am not sure why France and why now, they may have information I do not have (I mean, I am sure they do). But if you want to dig into the topic of political prisoners... I mean, are you sure you want to discuss it??

Now to some topics of interest today:

- It took 15 years to build the depots at Novoprokovsk, it has now been burning for 8 days. Literally burning Ruzzian money.
- A power plant south of Moscow is burning - reason unknown.
- Ukraine has presented a ballistic missile, nationally produced, that claims to have range to reach Moscow & St Petesbourgh. If true, no need to ask for permission from the US any longer. This came out in the long interview with Zelensky.
- There are some information pointing at the F-16 in Ukraine claiming some kills - but it is just cruise missiles.
- The Ruzzian offensive in the donbas continues, it seems that allocating troops to Kursk is not a priority... so Kursk is on its way to become "The Republic of Northern Ukraine".

Then shouldn't he be charged with treason and proven guilty in the court of law, or is that not being done anymore and instead they just throw some made up charges at him?

Edit: And now France releasing traitors on bail?  Can you translate this too please  Grin

"Feeeeed me Roger!"  -Bcash
Darkesthourred

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 07:00:19 AM

Cool

Putin violated the Minsk agreement, he sent equipment silently to Donbass to be banned, but he was noticed. So Russia is to blame for starting all this and not playing fair.
Faktpanic

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 09:20:13 AM

Is Ukraine's new ballistic missile, a miracle weapon, surprising? If it goes into the series, then it turns out to be a formidable weapon.
paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 03:43:05 PM

[...]

This one deserves an special mention to be honest, I just did not have the time. would you like to have tea, window? would you like some Novichok or Polonium with it?

And you of all people dare to speak about detaining people. btw Pavel is a French citizen, so he accepted to be subject to French law, which, like most countries, takes seriously when someone looks like collaborating with a hostile nation. The question is how far has that collaboration gone - guarantee free speech or actually handing over information to the FSB.

Please, find here the list of 44 notable Ruzzian business or other leaders that have been killed died in mysterious circumstances after challenging you know who.

"collaborating with a hostile nation" hard to make that into more of a political arrest, having little to do with the actual charges brought up against him. So much for an independent judicial system.

I will translate it for you: Espionage -  a crime in any and all nations, AKA treason if you are a citizen. I am not sure why France and why now, they may have information I do not have (I mean, I am sure they do). But if you want to dig into the topic of political prisoners... I mean, are you sure you want to discuss it??

- It took 15 years to build the depots at Novoprokovsk, it has now been burning for 8 days. Literally burning Ruzzian money.
- Ukraine has presented a ballistic missile, nationally produced, that claims to have range to reach Moscow & St Petesbourgh. If true, no need to ask for permission from the US any longer. This came out in the long interview with Zelensky.
- There are some information pointing at the F-16 in Ukraine claiming some kills - but it is just cruise missiles.
- The Ruzzian offensive in the donbas continues, it seems that allocating troops to Kursk is not a priority... so Kursk is on its way to become "The Republic of Northern Ukraine".

Then shouldn't he be charged with treason and proven guilty in the court of law, or is that not being done anymore and instead they just throw some made up charges at him?

Edit: And now France releasing traitors on bail?  Can you translate this too please  Grin

He is getting all his rights, he has been accused, detained, faced a judge and considered that the risk of flight is sufficiently covered by a tiny 5M bail - I do not know why the judge has made that decision but usually it means that he does not see risk of flight.

Eventually either the charges are dropped or he will get sentenced after a trial in which evidence would need to be presented.. or he may walk. This is a text-book process in formal terms, there is nothing wrong with it. There rest is as usual you confusing your thinking with things that actually happen.

So...

1. at the same time you argue that he should be judged, but not set free by a judge on bail? You have stopped to make sense, do you realise it?
2. You are willing to discuss this, but not Navalny... nor people arrested for holding a blank piecce of paper? Or the many generals accused of corruption in a country where every general is corrupt?

Branko

Activity: 2618
Merit: 326

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 04:12:58 PM

1. at the same time you argue that he should be judged, but not set free by a judge on bail? You have stopped to make sense, do you realise it?
2. You are willing to discuss this, but not Navalny... nor people arrested for holding a blank piecce of paper? Or the many generals accused of corruption in a country where every general is corrupt?

Due process in France (shooters are policemen, for those not knowing about Mesrine case):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh1gxBlWpK0

Meanwhile, first F16 already down

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/38166
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 04:55:23 PM

Cool

Putin violated the Minsk agreement, he sent equipment silently to Donbass to be banned, but he was noticed. So Russia is to blame for starting all this and not playing fair.

The Minsk Agreement had already been violated by Ukraine, influenced by the US. It was no longer in effect because of this. So, Putin merely took advantage of the situation.

I will concede that Minsk violations are a complex issue. If we want to know who was first in breaking it, we will need to do a lot of studying of history. Which historian can we believe?

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 06:36:49 PM

[...]

Edit: And now France releasing traitors on bail?  Can you translate this too please  Grin

He is getting all his rights, he has been accused, detained, faced a judge and considered that the risk of flight is sufficiently covered by a tiny 5M bail - I do not know why the judge has made that decision but usually it means that he does not see risk of flight.

Eventually either the charges are dropped or he will get sentenced after a trial in which evidence would need to be presented.. or he may walk. This is a text-book process in formal terms, there is nothing wrong with it. There rest is as usual you confusing your thinking with things that actually happen.

So...

"collaborating with a hostile nation. The question is how far has that collaboration gone"
Durov gets charged with complicity in the distribution of child sex abuse images, aiding organized crime and refusing lawful orders to give information to law enforcement. and released on bail. Which charge sounds like collaboration with a hostile nation and treason to you exactly? How many people do you know that are accused of treason given a tiny bail and not seen as a risk of flight? I'm just underlining your hypocrisy and your need to defend everything that's done by the west. It's as if you're unable to admit that a western countries are putting pressure on the freedoms of their citizens. As to your whataboutism, do you apply the same expectations of freedom on "west" as you do on Russia?

tainted_love

Activity: 75
Merit: 35

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PM

The hypocrisy and double standards of those who claim to support peace but are cheering on the war in Ukraine is at legendary level.

The truth of the matter is that both the occupation of Palestine and the war in Ukraine are perpetrated by the same people.  Ukraine is the Zionist's backup plan.  They're bracing themselves for the inevitability of getting kicked out of the Middle East.  Before that happens they want to make sure to decimate the population of Ukraine, specifically reducing the number of fighting age Cristian White men.

Both wars are void of any benefit to the American people despite the bombardment of state propaganda.  Still, we're the ones bankrolling both.  If you consider yourself an American patriot and support either of these wars (or both, for many so-called conservatives,) you're a brainwashed retard.  Or a Jew.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1366

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2024, 07:34:20 PM

Unfortunately, Ukraine lost one F-16, together with pilot. It happened on Monday, during massive missile and drones attack. Plane wasn't hit, pilot made mistake and crashed. It's very sad, considering how long they waited for it, how little they got and how long it takes to prepare pilot:
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/29/europe/ukraine-f16-crashes-intl/index.html
And seems that things in Pokrovsk direction is getting worse each day, Russia is advancing without much resistance
https://t.me/arrowsmap/5694?single
Like I already said, I don't understand Kursk operation when such things is happening there.
Is Ukraine's new ballistic missile, a miracle weapon, surprising? If it goes into the series, then it turns out to be a formidable weapon.
I expect it's going to be good, but not game changer unfortunately. Ukraine is making quality weapons, but when it comes to mass production, there is main problem. Ukraine is capabble to produce only small number of it. Especially when we talk about missiles. This why there is such little use of Neptune missiles.

paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 12:19:03 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2024, 12:47:15 AM by paxmao

Unfortunately, Ukraine lost one F-16, together with pilot. It happened on Monday, during massive missile and drones attack. Plane wasn't hit, pilot made mistake and crashed. It's very sad, considering how long they waited for it, how little they got and how long it takes to prepare pilot:
And seems that things in Pokrovsk direction is getting worse each day, Russia is advancing without much resistance
Like I already said, I don't understand Kursk operation when such things is happening there.
I expect it's going to be good, but not game changer unfortunately. Ukraine is making quality weapons, but when it comes to mass production, there is main problem. Ukraine is capabble to produce only small number of it. Especially when we talk about missiles. This why there is such little use of Neptune missiles.

Prokhorov's is getting ugly to be honest. Everyone is wondering where does the Ukrainian command intend to put a more solid defence and I am struggling to understand why the F*** they are not building a proper trench system. Trenches if unmanned do not stop shit, but it is far easier to defend. To give proper credit, it is the first thing the Ruzzians did in Kursk, well away from the front - a different thing is if they are going to find operatives that will not run when attacked, but at least they dig-in.

I have heard some people speaking of an adaptive defence that sacrifices land to create more losses to the enemy. This might be intentional - Ukraine in Prokovsk - along with Kursk to try force a new mobilisation in Ruzzia that may be just too much. Syrskyi is not stupid and understands the Ruzzian style of war perfectly, there may be more that it meets the eye on this.

Overall, I think the Kursk offensive was a good idea. It buys cheap land where it can be bought. Achieving a similar territorial advance not to mention the prisoners captured takes months and thousand of dead anywhere else in the front. It is a trade card.

What Ukraine is doing well is causing economic pain. If the new ballistic missile - home grown = can be used it will cause even more economic pain and much closer to places that actually matter for Putin's regime. It will not win the war on its own, but it will give a very good incentive in a negotiating table.

btw, today another massive oil facility has been hit. We could bet for how many days is this one going to burn.

I still see a 2025 of fight, and I wish I am wrong.

[...]

Crashed, not taken down, it is written right there in big letters at the top - but I guess you are interpreting to fit your own narrative.

I do not know what is worse, but crashed. Bad for the pilot, but the good thing about the f16.. there must be thousands out there gathering dust. It is like Bradleys... so many many many.  However, you also should look at the number of interceptions, that may give you a clue of how intensively the f16 are helping stopping cruise missiles and drones.

DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 03:01:11 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2024, 03:14:29 AM by DaRude

Prokhorov's is getting ugly to be honest. Everyone is wondering where does the Ukrainian command intend to put a more solid defence and I am struggling to understand why the F*** they are not building a proper trench system. Trenches if unmanned do not stop shit, but it is far easier to defend. To give proper credit, it is the first thing the Ruzzians did in Kursk, well away from the front - a different thing is if they are going to find operatives that will not run when attacked, but at least they dig-in.

I have heard some people speaking of an adaptive defence that sacrifices land to create more losses to the enemy. This might be intentional - Ukraine in Prokovsk - along with Kursk to try force a new mobilisation in Ruzzia that may be just too much. Syrskyi is not stupid and understands the Ruzzian style of war perfectly, there may be more that it meets the eye on this.

Overall, I think the Kursk offensive was a good idea. It buys cheap land where it can be bought. Achieving a similar territorial advance not to mention the prisoners captured takes months and thousand of dead anywhere else in the front. It is a trade card.

What Ukraine is doing well is causing economic pain. If the new ballistic missile - home grown = can be used it will cause even more economic pain and much closer to places that actually matter for Putin's regime. It will not win the war on its own, but it will give a very good incentive in a negotiating table.

btw, today another massive oil facility has been hit. We could bet for how many days is this one going to burn.

I still see a 2025 of fight, and I wish I am wrong.

[...]

Crashed, not taken down, it is written right there in big letters at the top - but I guess you are interpreting to fit your own narrative.

I do not know what is worse, but crashed. Bad for the pilot, but the good thing about the f16.. there must be thousands out there gathering dust. It is like Bradleys... so many many many.  However, you also should look at the number of interceptions, that may give you a clue of how intensively the f16 are helping stopping cruise missiles and drones.

Ukraine is getting over 100 glide bombs thrown at them every single day, not much trenches can do when Russia is moving only one km/day like that. Like you previously said it was either loose slowly or try something radical. Boris somehow once again managed to convince Zelenskiy to attack instead of negotiating and saving lives. Selling point was that i'd be impossible for Putin to let the insult go unavenged, well then i guess the impossible happened

If Ukraine’s Invasion Of Russia’s Kursk Oblast Was A Diversion, It Has Failed. Russian troops continue to march on Pokrovsk.
When the Ukrainian command, headed by Gen. Oleksandr Syrskyi, opted to invade Kursk with a strong force of thousands of troops drawn from eight or more brigades, it surprised some observers. Why weren’t those troops reinforcing Pokrovsk, instead?
One generous reading of Ukrainian strategy in Kursk is that the invasion was meant to draw Russian regiments away from the east, relieving the pressure on Pokrovsk. In that sense, the invasion of Kursk may have been a diversion.

If so, it failed. “The offensive in the Kursk region not only failed to prompt the redeployment of some Russian forces from Donetsk, but also exacerbated the shortage of [Ukrainian] personnel in the region,” the pro-Ukraine Conflict Intelligence Team concluded.

Instead of rushing its best troops into Kursk to blunt the Ukrainian advance, the Kremlin scraped together a motley counter-invasion force, including many young and poorly trained conscripts. These reinforcements have slowed but not halted the Ukrainian invasion. More importantly for Russian strategy, they’ve allowed the Kremlin to keep its eastern forces intact.

The result, three weeks into Ukraine’s invasion of Kursk, is that the Russian offensive in the east is not only continuing—it’s gaining momentum. “Although we anticipated that the town of Novohrodivka would be captured in the coming days,” CIT noted, “the pace of the Russian forces’ advance has exceeded our expectations, not only failing to slow down as it approached the town but even accelerating.

The terrible part is that now after they didn't get the expected results, they're trying to double down and get US to let them use missiles to attack Moscow Kyiv wants to launch Anglo-French Storm Shadow missiles at Russia’s heartlands as ‘demonstration’ attacks Luckily Biden has only few months left and can't really escalate now for the fear of reinforcing Trumps narrative that he's the only one that can prevent WW3.

Edit: As far as economic pain Russian economy shows solid growth despite Ukraine war sanctions. The Russian economy has shown solid growth in many sectors while unemployment remains at a record low, new data showed on Wednesday, prompting officials to hint at a brighter outlook for the year despite Western sanctions over the war in Ukraine.

metamorphosyys

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 07:37:54 AM

We need to do something near Pokrovsk, the front is collapsing. Yesterday, the commander of some Azov unit said that everything is falling apart and not as beautiful as the authorities say. If this goes on, the city will be taken without a fight.
be.open
Copper Member

Activity: 2198
Merit: 915

White Russian

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 08:32:28 AM

We need to do something near Pokrovsk, the front is collapsing. Yesterday, the commander of some Azov unit said that everything is falling apart and not as beautiful as the authorities say. If this goes on, the city will be taken without a fight.
The Ukrainian problem is much larger than the environs of Pokrovsk. Russia's current strategy seems to be to attack in all directions across the entire width of the front, avoiding excessive efforts in areas with strong resistance. And this strategy is successful because Russia has a noticeable numerical advantage, while Ukraine is uselessly burning up its reserves trying to hold a bridgehead in the Kursk region.

Russia launched a diversionary strike in the Kharkov direction to draw the enemy's resources away from the Donbas - and it worked. Ukraine launched a mirror-symmetrical response in the Kursk region to draw the enemy's resources away from the Donbas - and it didn't work.

Saukiyakui

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 09:18:49 AM

The Ukrainian problem is much larger than the environs of Pokrovsk. Russia's current strategy seems to be to attack in all directions across the entire width of the front, avoiding excessive efforts in areas with strong resistance. And this strategy is successful because Russia has a noticeable numerical advantage, while Ukraine is uselessly burning up its reserves trying to hold a bridgehead in the Kursk region.

Russia launched a diversionary strike in the Kharkov direction to draw the enemy's resources away from the Donbas - and it worked. Ukraine launched a mirror-symmetrical response in the Kursk region to draw the enemy's resources away from the Donbas - and it didn't work.

Russia's soldiers are not unlimited, this will show itself in the future. A couple of Ukrainian brigades seem to be preparing for Donbass, so the enemy will be stopped.
paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 10:01:20 AM

Ukraine has liberated more Ruzzian land in the last couple of weeks than Ruzzia occupied in Ukraine in the last 3 months, and as of now there is a large pocket that may be soon liberated. It has diverted troops from Ruzzia -as there were only conscripts and tik-tokers there, but Ruzzia has decided to laregly sacrifice a chunk of Kursk to keep the two main vectors in Donbas. It does not look like a wise decision trade more for less.

The attack on "all fronts" - except Kursk  Grin - has been a constant during nearly all the war, nothing new. In fact as of now there are more less active areas, even inactive in some sections than ever in the last two years. You have to look at all the map, not the bit you like. Ruzzia has enough to keep 3, sometimes only 2, main vectors in the Donbas: around Vulhedar, Prokrovsk and little else.

It is foolish to think there is no plan or response, Ukraine is well away from running out of resources.

[...]

Ukraine is getting over 100 glide bombs thrown at them every single day, not much trenches can do when Russia is moving only one km/day like that. Like you previously said it was either loose slowly or try something radical. Boris somehow once again managed to convince Zelenskiy to attack instead of negotiating and saving lives. Selling point was that i'd be impossible for Putin to let the insult go unavenged, well then i guess the impossible happened

If Ukraine’s Invasion Of Russia’s Kursk Oblast Was A Diversion, It Has Failed. Russian troops continue to march on Pokrovsk.
When the Ukrainian command, headed by Gen. Oleksandr Syrskyi, opted to invade Kursk with a strong force of thousands of troops drawn from eight or more brigades, it surprised some observers. Why weren’t those troops reinforcing Pokrovsk, instead?
One generous reading of Ukrainian strategy in Kursk is that the invasion was meant to draw Russian regiments away from the east, relieving the pressure on Pokrovsk. In that sense, the invasion of Kursk may have been a diversion.

If so, it failed. “The offensive in the Kursk region not only failed to prompt the redeployment of some Russian forces from Donetsk, but also exacerbated the shortage of [Ukrainian] personnel in the region,” the pro-Ukraine Conflict Intelligence Team concluded.

Instead of rushing its best troops into Kursk to blunt the Ukrainian advance, the Kremlin scraped together a motley counter-invasion force, including many young and poorly trained conscripts. These reinforcements have slowed but not halted the Ukrainian invasion. More importantly for Russian strategy, they’ve allowed the Kremlin to keep its eastern forces intact.

The result, three weeks into Ukraine’s invasion of Kursk, is that the Russian offensive in the east is not only continuing—it’s gaining momentum. “Although we anticipated that the town of Novohrodivka would be captured in the coming days,” CIT noted, “the pace of the Russian forces’ advance has exceeded our expectations, not only failing to slow down as it approached the town but even accelerating.

The terrible part is that now after they didn't get the expected results, they're trying to double down and get US to let them use missiles to attack Moscow Kyiv wants to launch Anglo-French Storm Shadow missiles at Russia’s heartlands as ‘demonstration’ attacks Luckily Biden has only few months left and can't really escalate now for the fear of reinforcing Trumps narrative that he's the only one that can prevent WW3.

Edit: As far as economic pain Russian economy shows solid growth despite Ukraine war sanctions. The Russian economy has shown solid growth in many sectors while unemployment remains at a record low, new data showed on Wednesday, prompting officials to hint at a brighter outlook for the year despite Western sanctions over the war in Ukraine.

You are aware that three prime ministers have been there after Boris, don't you??? You are one with fixations are you not?

Glide bombs have been a problem for Ukraine and it makes defence more difficult. But they are a problem, not a wonder weapon.

The Kursk invasion is progressing at a much slower pace, but there are several vectors still well active and mid-sized localities are still being encircled and captured due to the lack of defensive positions for Ruzzia. When you bite more that you can digest you get backslash, you can ask Ruzzia in Kherson for details on how that works. The area south of the Seim is very promising in terms of putting Ruzzian troops in a very dire strait. I would not be surprised if Ukraine can pull a "gesture of goodwill" inside this Ruzzian territory.

Ukraine has been asking to allow the use of ballistic missiles inside Ruzzia since they got them. Seems like Ukraine has developed (or is about to develop) their own, which means that they many not need permission in the mid-term. Another good argument at any negotiation table.

My guess is that they would not use them on Moscow, but may certainly pay back on the Ruzzian electrical grid, just to get even Steven, and on a few military production facilities too.

Ruzzias economy has 18% interest rates. This is near a shitcoin level. Using your own source:

However, they also pointed to overheating, which forced the central bank to hike its benchmark interest rate by 200 basis points to 18% in July, the highest level in more than two years. The central bank said persistent labour shortages and wage growth, as well as high inflation, were the main signs of an overheated economy and promised to maintain tight monetary policy and fight inflation until it cools.

First thing to note, this is based on Ruzzian official information.  This is the clear sign of someone selling the furniture to buy bread.

New statistics showed that real wages rose 6.2% year-on-year in June, following an 8.8% increase in the previous month, while average nominal wages rose 15.3% year-on-year to 89,145 roubles a month.

And here is it: people are working on a non-economically productive war. If you grow at 4% and your wages grow at 15%, you have a certain problem - and it shows in the 18% rate for the rouble.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 06:34:55 PM

Awwww... Somebody must feel just terrible about this.

Friendly Fire Fiasco: Ukrainian Army Shoots Down Its Own F16 Jet, Pilot Killed

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/first-us-made-f16-jet-downed-ukraine-during-combat-pilot-killed
"According to my information, the F-16 of the Ukrainian pilot Alexey 'Moonfish' Mes was shot down by the Patriot anti-aircraft missile system due to a lack of coordination between the [military] units," she wrote on Telegram.

The lawmaker criticized the Air Force of the Ukrainian Armed Forces for falsely describing the incident as "a crash."

"The culture of lies in the Air Force Command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, as well as in other higher military headquarters, leads to the fact that the system of managing military decisions does not improve on the basis of truthful, consistently collected analytics, but deteriorates and even collapses, as is happening in the other directions," she wrote.

In her words, none of the generals was punished over the incident that led to the loss of both the aircraft and its pilot.

Earlier, an unidentified US official told the Wall Street Journal that Ukraine had lost a donated F-16 fighter jet in the first such case. According to the official, the jet was not shot down, and the crash was likely due to pilot error. Later, the Ukrainian Air Force confirmed the death of a Ukrainian F-16 pilot, Alexey Mes. The man was trained to fly F-16, according to CNN. The General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces said the pilot was killed in an aerial fight, when his plane crashed on August 26.

US and Ukrainian officials have revealed to The Wall Street Journal that a F-16 fighter jet has crashed during combat in Ukraine's skies - a significant first - which comes just weeks after an initial batch of some one dozen of the American-made aircraft were transferred to Kiev's armed forces.

"The pilot, Oleksiy Mes, died while helping to repel a massive Russian missile attack on Monday, the officials said," WSJ writes. "Initial reports indicate the jet wasn't shot down by enemy fire, U.S. officials said."

Cool

DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 11:48:30 PM

Ukraine has liberated more Ruzzian land in the last couple of weeks than Ruzzia occupied in Ukraine in the last 3 months, and as of now there is a large pocket that may be soon liberated. It has diverted troops from Ruzzia -as there were only conscripts and tik-tokers there, but Ruzzia has decided to laregly sacrifice a chunk of Kursk to keep the two main vectors in Donbas. It does not look like a wise decision trade more for less.

The attack on "all fronts" - except Kursk  Grin - has been a constant during nearly all the war, nothing new. In fact as of now there are more less active areas, even inactive in some sections than ever in the last two years. You have to look at all the map, not the bit you like. Ruzzia has enough to keep 3, sometimes only 2, main vectors in the Donbas: around Vulhedar, Prokrovsk and little else.

It is foolish to think there is no plan or response, Ukraine is well away from running out of resources.

[...]

You are aware that three prime ministers have been there after Boris, don't you??? You are one with fixations are you not?

Glide bombs have been a problem for Ukraine and it makes defence more difficult. But they are a problem, not a wonder weapon.

The Kursk invasion is progressing at a much slower pace, but there are several vectors still well active and mid-sized localities are still being encircled and captured due to the lack of defensive positions for Ruzzia. When you bite more that you can digest you get backslash, you can ask Ruzzia in Kherson for details on how that works. The area south of the Seim is very promising in terms of putting Ruzzian troops in a very dire strait. I would not be surprised if Ukraine can pull a "gesture of goodwill" inside this Ruzzian territory.

Ukraine has been asking to allow the use of ballistic missiles inside Ruzzia since they got them. Seems like Ukraine has developed (or is about to develop) their own, which means that they many not need permission in the mid-term. Another good argument at any negotiation table.

My guess is that they would not use them on Moscow, but may certainly pay back on the Ruzzian electrical grid, just to get even Steven, and on a few military production facilities too.

Ruzzias economy has 18% interest rates. This is near a shitcoin level. Using your own source:

However, they also pointed to overheating, which forced the central bank to hike its benchmark interest rate by 200 basis points to 18% in July, the highest level in more than two years. The central bank said persistent labour shortages and wage growth, as well as high inflation, were the main signs of an overheated economy and promised to maintain tight monetary policy and fight inflation until it cools.

First thing to note, this is based on Ruzzian official information.  This is the clear sign of someone selling the furniture to buy bread.

New statistics showed that real wages rose 6.2% year-on-year in June, following an 8.8% increase in the previous month, while average nominal wages rose 15.3% year-on-year to 89,145 roubles a month.

And here is it: people are working on a non-economically productive war. If you grow at 4% and your wages grow at 15%, you have a certain problem - and it shows in the 18% rate for the rouble.

To attack you preferably need 3:1 advantage. If UA sent 20k troops that would mean RU would need to send about 60k to push them out fast. Or they could just scrape 20k from conscripts and troops from outside of UA, to just contain and hold the line while bombing them and continuing to push in Donbas only now with 20k less UA troops. We can all see what RU chose. This clearly didn't go according to UA's plan thus why now UA issued a request for international assistance via NATO’s emergency response mechanism and why US holds firm against Ukraine using American weapons to strike deep inside Russia despite Ukrainian Defense Minister, Rustem Umerov, and Andriy Yermak, the head of the Office of the President of Ukraine, arrived with a list of Russian targets that Kyiv believes it could strike using U.S. weapons if given permission. But escalations for Biden now would mean a guaranteed loss to Harris, so democrats just need Ukraine to sit quiet and don't make a lot of noise now.

As far as glide bombs, can you name another RU weapon that caused more damage in UA outside of artillery? Hard to reinforce positions against 3-ton bombs gliding to your coordinates. It's like HIMARS for UA only much more destructible and on a much larger scale (100s/day and growing).

I'm only aware of reports of Boris torpedoing UA/RU negotiations, have you heard of other UK's PMs doing it too?

Ukraine producing ballistic missiles at scale while not being able to keep their lights on against RU missiles is pretty funny. Best case they can hope for is to cross out ATACMS and slap "totally made in Ukraine" stickers on couple of US missiles per month in Poland.

On the economy, sure it's not a viable long term solution, but it worked for almost 3yrs now, and i see no reason why they can't keep it going for at least 2yr+ more.

paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 31, 2024, 12:35:24 AM

[...]

To attack you preferably need 3:1 advantage. If UA sent 20k troops that would mean RU would need to send about 60k to push them out fast. Or they could just scrape 20k from conscripts and troops from outside of UA, to just contain and hold the line while bombing them and continuing to push in Donbas only now with 20k less UA troops. We can all see what RU chose. This clearly didn't go according to UA's plan thus why now UA issued a request for international assistance via NATO’s emergency response mechanism and why US holds firm against Ukraine using American weapons to strike deep inside Russia despite Ukrainian Defense Minister, Rustem Umerov, and Andriy Yermak, the head of the Office of the President of Ukraine, arrived with a list of Russian targets that Kyiv believes it could strike using U.S. weapons if given permission. But escalations for Biden now would mean a guaranteed loss to Harris, so democrats just need Ukraine to sit quiet and don't make a lot of noise now.

As far as glide bombs, can you name another RU weapon that caused more damage in UA outside of artillery? Hard to reinforce positions against 3-ton bombs gliding to your coordinates. It's like HIMARS for UA only much more destructible and on a much larger scale (100s/day and growing).

I'm only aware of reports of Boris torpedoing UA/RU negotiations, have you heard of other UK's PMs doing it too?

Ukraine producing ballistic missiles at scale while not being able to keep their lights on against RU missiles is pretty funny. Best case they can hope for is to cross out ATACMS and slap "totally made in Ukraine" stickers on couple of US missiles per month in Poland.

On the economy, sure it's not a viable long term solution, but it worked for almost 3yrs now, and i see no reason why they can't keep it going for at least 2yr+ more.

It is simple, you can capture settlements and land in Kursk for "x", if you want to gain or hold that in other parts is "10 x ".

I am not interested in you views about glide bombs and I am not going to bother on the numbers you have given nor comparing it with HIMARs, a completely different animal nor go over the Ukrainians use of the french equivalents. It is a problem for Ukraine, like drones hitting oil depots and other targets on a daily basis is for Ruzzia. Perhaps the only worth note is that throwing a glide bomb is much more expensive than just the bomb.

Boris is a private citizen AFAIK and is not even in the current  governing party in the UK. His influence in Europe and UK is not much at the moment.

The reason why US does not escalate is so that Ruzzia does not escalate. However Ukraine is absolutely ok with using anything they can invent and produce to maximum effect. And they do. I guess that if Ruzzia can use "western components" - while promoting hate to "the West" - Ukraine can do the same. You are free to suspect stuff, as you usually do, but try to differentiate between what you "think" versus what is actually there in all evidence.

Pages: « 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 »
  Print  

Jump to: