Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:43:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How Satoshi Nakamoto Fooled the World  (Read 8878 times)
slackovic
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1215

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 07:06:43 AM

Why is it so hard for you people to look at what is actually happening? Nothing is sold. Factually, the system just plays with the numbers according to some protocols. Can you comprehend the reality of that? Nothing is sold or bought in your example. People sell and buy liabilities in the banking system. Liability is the type of money. Operation with the numbers in the banking system means quantifying liabilities. Liabilities are existent things in the banking system and are quantified with the numbers. In the Satoshi's system there are neither liabilities nor some other type of money. Only fake quantities. These quantities fool many people by creating the illusion that something exists. That something is quantified with them, like coins. But it's not. Quantities are fake.

Oh, you are still here? You still didn't give up? Damn you are one stubborn person...

First, stop comparing Bitcoin to fiat money. Fiat money represent (or at least should represent) liability as you say. Bitcoin does not represent anything. If you need something to compare Bitcoin to then use gold as it is more similar to gold than to fiat money. The only difference is that gold is a physical thing and Bitcoin is not. But you can't say that Bitcoin doesn't exist because it exist. It is a digital data that is generated to reward system that solves complex mathematical calculations in order to verify transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 07:48:00 AM

It's adorable when someone completely misunderstands something and then tries to convince others that their flawed comprehension is some sort of revelatory truth.  Particularly when they're on their umpteenth username and their spiel still doesn't sound convincing.

Possession of a private key which allows you to spend a sum of BTC is very much a manifestation of ownership rights.  BTC cannot be duplicated like the types of message you have described.  I look forward to your next moniker and subsequent failed attempt to insinuate that there is no value in what Bitcoin offers.  People immeasurably smarter than you see the value in it.  

.... Otherwise we would have been doomed by the time I write this post! I am also so surprised as how peeps are not able to see or agree upon bitcoin's existence until now and how are they not able to digest that words like memonic phrases, private keys, wallets, blockchain, nodes etc, everything is actually real? Why are they not able to understand how Mr. Satoshi visioned it for the humanity or at least for those who wanted to have their ownership with the funds they earn. Then we have these peeps who are literally questioning the existence of whole crypto space. How can they not see the day to day happenings of bitcoin or altcoins? The whole community talks about it, the government is accepting it and how can anyone be so ignorant.
Snowshow (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 07:51:30 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2022, 08:48:15 AM by Snowshow

Why is it so hard for you people to look at what is actually happening? Nothing is sold. Factually, the system just plays with the numbers according to some protocols. Can you comprehend the reality of that? Nothing is sold or bought in your example. People sell and buy liabilities in the banking system. Liability is the type of money. Operation with the numbers in the banking system means quantifying liabilities. Liabilities are existent things in the banking system and are quantified with the numbers. In the Satoshi's system there are neither liabilities nor some other type of money. Only fake quantities. These quantities fool many people by creating the illusion that something exists. That something is quantified with them, like coins. But it's not. Quantities are fake.

Oh, you are still here? You still didn't give up? Damn you are one stubborn person...

First, stop comparing Bitcoin to fiat money. Fiat money represent (or at least should represent) liability as you say. Bitcoin does not represent anything. If you need something to compare Bitcoin to then use gold as it is more similar to gold than to fiat money. The only difference is that gold is a physical thing and Bitcoin is not. But you can't say that Bitcoin doesn't exist because it exist. It is a digital data that is generated to reward system that solves complex mathematical calculations in order to verify transactions.
I am not comparing Satoshi's numbers to fiat money. This is what you do. First you people say that Satoshi's numbers quantify coins. That bitcoin is a coin. Like a gold coin. That by holding a number next to an address in the Satoshi's system you own coins. Then it is explained to you that coins are tangible items, and that nothing tangible exists in the possession of address holders. What you do then? Well, then you start to compare Satoshi's numbers to fiat money because numbers on deposit accounts are intangible. Then it is explained to you that numbers on deposit accounts exist just to quantity or represent liabilities. That liabilities are intangible type of money which exists in the banking system. And that no liabilities exist in the Satoshi's system. What you do then? Then you go back to comparing Satoshi's numbers to gold. To tangible item. So, it is impossible to have a rational discussion with you people. Given you cannot show bitcoin, all you do is creating false analogies or twisting the meaning of words that are used in finance or economics. That's literally all you do. You engage in all that irrational behavior while in reality everything is so simple. All you have to do is state the obvious: bitcoin doesn't exist. Satoshi's paper is nonsense. You see how simple it is? Stop viewing an anonymous guy like he's some kind of god. He's not. He's just a person ignorant of economics, which is why he wrote a paper with many incorrect statements and assumptions. Stop accepting them at face value.
slackovic
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1215

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 07:58:55 AM

/snip
... So, it is impossible to have a rational discussion with you people. ...
/snip

So why don't you leave then? It's obvious that you can't convince us that your opinion is right so just leave if you don't want to have a discussion with us irrational people.

I don't want to compare Bitcoin to anything. I have repeatedly told you that Bitcoin can't be compared to things like fiat money, gold or anything like that because Bitcoin is a new thing. I just told you this:
... If you need something to compare Bitcoin to then use gold as it is more similar to gold than to fiat money ...
This doesn't mean that I'm comparing Bitcoin to gold. It means that it's more similar to gold than to fiat money. The only difference to gold is that gold is a physical thing and Bitcoin is not.
Iron Fist

Activity: 234
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 08:06:29 AM

But I did not sell my address in the system. I still own the address.
To say "nothing" cannot be factually correct, because logic dictates that I obviously sold something. I owned "something" that, after the sale, I no longer own. I ask you again, what did I sell?

You asked what you own. You own an address. Like everyone that installed a wallet application. That's all that you own.

I also asked, what did I sell? Obviously, I didn't sell the address, I still own it. But I sold something. What is that?

Why does your reasoning fail at such a simple level? You're talking about some Satoshi's system, banking system, liabilities and god knows what else. I'm not interested in those things. I just have one simple question for you.

Please bear with me as I explain slowly. I had "something" associated with my address. I went to an online exchange, I exchanged it for fiat currency (for $ 44k at current exchange rates), and now I don't have that "something" anymore. All I have left is just a address. By definition, this process is called sales. My question to you, what did I sell?
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 08:06:32 AM

/snip
... So, it is impossible to have a rational discussion with you people. ...
/snip

So why don't you leave then? It's obvious that you can't convince us that your opinion is right so just leave if you don't want to have a discussion with us irrational people.

I don't want to compare Bitcoin to anything. I have repeatedly told you that Bitcoin can't be compared to things like fiat money, gold or anything like that because Bitcoin is a new thing. I just told you this:
... If you need something to compare Bitcoin to then use gold as it is more similar to gold than to fiat money ...
This doesn't mean that I'm comparing Bitcoin to gold. It means that it's more similar to gold than to fiat money. The only difference to gold is that gold is a physical thing and Bitcoin is not.
I could spend all day saying Zeus is this, Zeus is that, comparing them to this, comparing them to that. But Zeus is still fictional given I cannot show them in reality. You who have positive entries next to your address can show just these entries. Nothing digital or tangible exist in your possession. There's no bitcoin in reality. Bitcoin is a fictional item.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 08:17:11 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2022, 08:33:49 AM by Snowshow

But I did not sell my address in the system. I still own the address.
To say "nothing" cannot be factually correct, because logic dictates that I obviously sold something. I owned "something" that, after the sale, I no longer own. I ask you again, what did I sell?

You asked what you own. You own an address. Like everyone that installed a wallet application. That's all that you own.

I also asked, what did I sell? Obviously, I didn't sell the address, I still own it. But I sold something. What is that?

Why does your reasoning fail at such a simple level? You're talking about some Satoshi's system, banking system, liabilities and god knows what else. I'm not interested in those things. I just have one simple question for you.

Please bear with me as I explain slowly. I had "something" associated with my address. I went to an online exchange, I exchanged it for fiat currency (for $ 44k at current exchange rates), and now I don't have that "something" anymore. All I have left is just a address. By definition, this process is called sales. My question to you, what did I sell?

My answer to you is: nothing. You sold nothing. Take this analogy. I write down my name and "1 Zeus" next to it. I now have "something" associated with my name. I go to my neighbor, I exchange it for fiat currency (for $ 44k) by writing down his name and "1 Zeus", and by writing down my name and "0 Zeus" next to it. Now I don't have that "something" anymore. All I have left is just my name. By definition, this process is called sales. My question to you, what did I sell?
Western_Boris

Activity: 28
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 08:17:41 AM

Like I said. I talk about facts. So factually, there are thousands of companies around the world that participate in Satoshi's scheme and give their existing things for free just because the Satoshi's system will write fake numbers next to their addresses in the system. If, like you say, the companies think or say they are using Bitcoin, that's factually incorrect given not s single person on Earth has ever saw Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a non-existent thing.

1. It is not Satoshi's system. He started it and then gave it away for other coders to keep developing the source code of Bitcoin monetary network. No one owns Bitcoin as it is decentralized. Running on thousands of computers around the world. I get it that you don't understand this and still want to lie about this, because your lie suits your agenda.

2. The numbers in Bitcoin network are not fake like you claim. They are proven and verified. Even you can see the Bitcoin source code and the rules of how it operats. You just don't want to verify it because you are so bitter about people making money with Bitcoin and you are not making any money.

3. No one has ever saw Bitcoin? Dude. You sound like 4 years old kid saying that if you can't touch it, it is not real. You CAN see the source code of Bitcoin. You can see the lines of code. You can see the blockchain where every transaction is saved. You can see the monetary network operating just as it's source code means it to operate every single time you send or receive a transaction.

If you can't see, you are either blind or just bitter and toxic. Again, don't do this to yourself. Things will only get more harsh for your mental health when Bitcoin value and adoption grows.
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 08:29:32 AM

If Snowshows brain is not big enough to understand more complex things than "numbers", then lets talk about numbers. Let's talk about this in a child's way.

Bitcoin network has limited amounts of numbers. The whole network exists only in internet as digital. Anybody can buy some of those numbers and if the purchase is made inside of the network, then the ownership of those numbers gets rewritten for that person. The buyer does not receive anything physical, just the change of ownership gets written in the digital book keeping list of who owns what of those numbers.

Kid claims that you can just make your own numbers and they would be as valuable as those numbers in the Bitcoin network. That is incorrect because those numbers he created are just random numbers. They are not inclueded in the Bitcoin book keeping called blockchain. Kid cannot put or send his fake numbers to the Bitcoin book because Bitcoin book does not accept any other numbers than the ones it was created with. You can't add new numbers into it as it has been coded to work with only the exact 21 million numbers which were in the system originally.

Can you touch the numbers? No. They exist only in the internet. They are listed there. It is a closed system with rules that everyone can verify. Anyone can buy part of those numbers if someone who owns them is willing to sell. But you can't counterfeit or copy the numbers because only the original numbers exists in the system and the system recognizes if you own any of those numbers or not.

If there are kids in this world who has similar brain than Snowshow, maybe this will help you understand how Bitcoin works.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 08:30:11 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2022, 09:05:58 AM by Snowshow

Like I said. I talk about facts. So factually, there are thousands of companies around the world that participate in Satoshi's scheme and give their existing things for free just because the Satoshi's system will write fake numbers next to their addresses in the system. If, like you say, the companies think or say they are using Bitcoin, that's factually incorrect given not s single person on Earth has ever saw Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a non-existent thing.

1. It is not Satoshi's system. He started it and then gave it away for other coders to keep developing the source code of Bitcoin monetary network. No one owns Bitcoin as it is decentralized. Running on thousands of computers around the world. I get it that you don't understand this and still want to lie about this, because your lie suits your agenda.

2. The numbers in Bitcoin network are not fake like you claim. They are proven and verified. Even you can see the Bitcoin source code and the rules of how it operats. You just don't want to verify it because you are so bitter about people making money with Bitcoin and you are not making any money.

3. No one has ever saw Bitcoin? Dude. You sound like 4 years old kid saying that if you can't touch it, it is not real. You CAN see the source code of Bitcoin. You can see the lines of code. You can see the blockchain where every transaction is saved. You can see the monetary network operating just as it's source code means it to operate every single time you send or receive a transaction.

If you can't see, you are either blind or just bitter and toxic. Again, don't do this to yourself. Things will only get more harsh for your mental health when Bitcoin value and adoption grows.
Stop with the nonsense. When someone says that they bought bitcoin they are not saying that they bought "the source code of Bitcoin" or "blockchain" or "network" of nodes. They're saying they bought coins, tokens, digital money, digital assets... in the quantity that is written next to their address. I have proved to you that this is factually incorrect. They bought nothing. Numbers are fake. I didn't say unverified. I said fake in a sense that no thing exists in the quantities that these numbers indicate. So stop with this rhetorical tricks. You cannot fool anyone here.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 08:38:26 AM

If Snowshows brain is not big enough to understand more complex things than "numbers", then lets talk about numbers. Let's talk about this in a child's way.

Bitcoin network has limited amounts of numbers. The whole network exists only in internet as digital. Anybody can buy some of those numbers and if the purchase is made inside of the network, then the ownership of those numbers gets rewritten for that person. The buyer does not receive anything physical, just the change of ownership gets written in the digital book keeping list of who owns what of those numbers.

Kid claims that you can just make your own numbers and they would be as valuable as those numbers in the Bitcoin network. That is incorrect because those numbers he created are just random numbers. They are not inclueded in the Bitcoin book keeping called blockchain. Kid cannot put or send his fake numbers to the Bitcoin book because Bitcoin book does not accept any other numbers than the ones it was created with. You can't add new numbers into it as it has been coded to work with only the exact 21 million numbers which were in the system originally.

Can you touch the numbers? No. They exist only in the internet. They are listed there. It is a closed system with rules that everyone can verify. Anyone can buy part of those numbers if someone who owns them is willing to sell. But you can't counterfeit or copy the numbers because only the original numbers exists in the system and the system recognizes if you own any of those numbers or not.

If there are kids in this world who has similar brain than Snowshow, maybe this will help you understand how Bitcoin works.
You write a lot and say nothing. That what you've written is not how bitcoin works but how numbers are managed according to protocols. Bitcoin "works" only in fantasy.
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 08:55:44 AM

You write a lot and say nothing. That what you've written is not how bitcoin works but how numbers are managed according to protocols. Bitcoin "works" only in fantasy.

This is how the Bitcoin works. You can verify it from the source code with your own eyes or you can keep claiming that it is not true. Everyone else can see from the code that you are incorrect.

Edit: Do you think all the supervisors of stock exchanges are wrong when they allowed Bitcoin ETF's to become traded on those stock exchanges? Do you really think they do not understand Bitcoin but you are the only one who sees that it is not "real"?
So are you claiming they are scammers or do you claim they are just stupid?
Iron Fist

Activity: 234
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 08:58:01 AM

My answer to you is: nothing. You sold nothing.

The answer makes no logical sense, however. Why can I sell "nothing" but you can't?

Take this analogy. I write down my name and "1 Zeus" next to it. I now have "something" associated with my name. I go to my neighbor, I exchange it for fiat currency (for $ 44k) by writing down his name and "1 Zeus", and by writing down my name and "0 Zeus" next to it. Now I don't have that "something" anymore. All I have left is just my name. By definition, this process is called sales. My question to you, what did I sell?

Your analogy has one major flaw. You can write "1 Zeus" next to your name again (after the sale), and it will be indistinguishable from the original record, while I can't simply write 1 BTC next to my address. Do you see the difference?
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 09:02:12 AM

Stop with the nonsense. When someone says that they bought bitcoin they are not saying that they bought "the source code of Bitcoin" or "blockchain" or "network" of nodes. They're saying they bought coins, tokens, digital money, digital assets... in the quantity that is written next to their address. I have proved to you that this is factually incorrect. They bought nothing. Numbers are fake. I didn't say unverified. I said fake in a sense that no thing exists in the quantity that this number indicates. So stop with this rhetorical tricks. You cannot fool anyone here.

I have no need to fool anyone because what I tell you can be verified from the open source code of Bitcoin. Do you know how to read code?
No one has said people buy the source code or blockchain. People buy the numbers listed in the Bitcoin book called blackchain. Numbers that you can't copy or counterfeit.
The numbers are real and can be verified from the source code. You can't change that by crying. How does that make you feel?

Will you be more happy or bitter if Bitcoin is 50 x more valuable, used in 50 x amount of companies around the world and it has 50 x more users in 10-20 years?
Diophantus

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 09:07:58 AM

Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 09:22:50 AM

Stop with the nonsense. When someone says that they bought bitcoin they are not saying that they bought "the source code of Bitcoin" or "blockchain" or "network" of nodes. They're saying they bought coins, tokens, digital money, digital assets... in the quantity that is written next to their address. I have proved to you that this is factually incorrect. They bought nothing. Numbers are fake. I didn't say unverified. I said fake in a sense that no thing exists in the quantity that this number indicates. So stop with this rhetorical tricks. You cannot fool anyone here.

I have no need to fool anyone because what I tell you can be verified from the open source code of Bitcoin. Do you know how to read code?
No one has said people buy the source code or blockchain. People buy the numbers listed in the Bitcoin book called blackchain. Numbers that you can't copy or counterfeit.
The numbers are real and can be verified from the source code. You can't change that by crying. How does that make you feel?

Will you be more happy or bitter if Bitcoin is 50 x more valuable, used in 50 x amount of companies around the world and it has 50 x more users in 10-20 years?
Wait a minute. You people have been saying all along that bitcoin is not a number. And now you're saying: "people buy the numbers". Hahaha. You proved me right again. You people are twisting everything around like crazy. It's impossible to have rational discussion with you. Btw, it's irrational to buy numbers. Numbers are free to use. They are not copyrighted. The fact that you cannot counterfeit them is like a fact that you can't conterfit the speed of light. The speed of light is what it is. The number next to your address is what it is. No coins, tokens, money, asset, or whatever exist in your possession because numbers, or the speed of light, cannot be counterfeited. Paying even a dime for a number is a nonsense.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 09:27:28 AM

My answer to you is: nothing. You sold nothing.

The answer makes no logical sense, however. Why can I sell "nothing" but you can't?

Take this analogy. I write down my name and "1 Zeus" next to it. I now have "something" associated with my name. I go to my neighbor, I exchange it for fiat currency (for $ 44k) by writing down his name and "1 Zeus", and by writing down my name and "0 Zeus" next to it. Now I don't have that "something" anymore. All I have left is just my name. By definition, this process is called sales. My question to you, what did I sell?

Your analogy has one major flaw. You can write "1 Zeus" next to your name again (after the sale), and it will be indistinguishable from the original record, while I can't simply write 1 BTC next to my address. Do you see the difference?

Irrelevant. I am not asking you what I can do in the future. I am asking what did I sell in the past?
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 09:27:50 AM

Wait a minute. You people have been saying all along that bitcoin is not a number. And now you're saying: "people buy the numbers". Hahaha. You proved me right again. You people are twisting everything around like crazy. It's impossible to have rational discussion with you. Btw, it's irrational to buy numbers. Numbers are free to use. They are not copyrighted. The fact that you cannot counterfeit them is like fact that you can't conterfit the speed of light. The speed of light is what it is. The number next to your address is what it is. No coins, tokens, money, asset, or whatever exist in your possession because numbers, or the speed of light, cannot be counterfeited. Paying even a dime for a number is a nonsense.

Like I said,  maybe we need to talk to you like a kid.
And like I said, numbers have only value as Bitcoin if they are included in the Bitcoin blockchain in the first place. The system recognizes if some number you create belongs to the network or not.
You are sounding more and more bitter by every message. Do you still think that you can get anyone here to believe you when at the same time they can verify from the source code that you are lying?

Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 09:35:30 AM

Wait a minute. You people have been saying all along that bitcoin is not a number. And now you're saying: "people buy the numbers". Hahaha. You proved me right again. You people are twisting everything around like crazy. It's impossible to have rational discussion with you. Btw, it's irrational to buy numbers. Numbers are free to use. They are not copyrighted. The fact that you cannot counterfeit them is like fact that you can't conterfit the speed of light. The speed of light is what it is. The number next to your address is what it is. No coins, tokens, money, asset, or whatever exist in your possession because numbers, or the speed of light, cannot be counterfeited. Paying even a dime for a number is a nonsense.

Like I said,  maybe we need to talk to you like a kid.
And like I said, numbers have only value as Bitcoin if they are included in the Bitcoin blockchain in the first place. The system recognizes if some number you create belongs to the network or not.
You are sounding more and more bitter by every message. Do you still think that you can get anyone here to believe you when at the same time they can verify from the source code that you are lying?

Ok. Now you're saying that people are not actually buying numbers. Hahaha. You're contradicting yourself like crazy. But let's play this game. So, what things in the quantity of 10 did a guy that spent $440K to have number 10 in the Satoshi's system, actually bought? Where are these things and how do they look?
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 09:41:01 AM

Ok. Now you're saying that people are not actually buying numbers. So, what things in the quantity of 10 did a guy that spent $440K to have number 10 in the Satoshi's system, actually bought?

They bought digital currency called Bitcoin. A digital money that exists only in the internet, in the Bitcoin blockchain which keeps tabs on who owns what of this digital money. They bought ownership of those Bitcoins included in the transaction.
So after the transaction is verified by the network, the change of ownership will be updated to the blockchain.

And again, it is not Satoshi's or anyone elses system. Satoshi Nakamoto wrote the whitepaper and started the coding work and then left the project and gave it to many other coders to complete. No one owns the network as it is decentralized and and ran by thousands of computers across the planet.

Just tell me if these digital things are too difficult for you to understand and we can go back to talk about "numbers" or even "lollipops" if that makes it easier for you to comprehend.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: