Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:22:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How Satoshi Nakamoto Fooled the World  (Read 8878 times)
Snowshow (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 10:44:42 AM

Everything digital is bunch of 1 and 0 located in a computer memory. But bitcoin is neither digital nor tangible given it's not real. So, just because bitcoin is not real that doesn't mean digital things don't exist. You have a very twisted way of thinking.

I (or should I say all of us here) have a very twisted way of thinking and your way of thinking is correct? That statement just speaks for itself...

So in another words, a computer program does not exist because the only thing that exist are ones and zeroes in a computer memory. Am I right?
Like I have said. You have a very twisted way of thinking. This response proved that also. Ones and zeros in a specific combination form computer programs. The same as ones and zeros attached to the addresses in the Satoshi's system form digital numbers. But there are no combinations of ones and zeros that would form a coin called bitcoin because coins are made of metal. There are also no combinations of ones and zeros that would form digital products called bitcoins because no address holder is capable to show such products. All they are able to show are digital numbers. So, your interpretation of my words is a twisted way of thinking.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Western_Boris

Activity: 28
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 08:23:10 PM

Ok man, you won. Bitcoin does not exist.

We are still going to continue to use it though. You know, those numbers in the internet, called Bitcoins. The ones you hate that are called bitCOINS because they are not made of metal. Those Bitcoins that we can trust on how their "system" will operate by seeing the open source code which rules how Bitcoin works.

The company I work for is still going to continue accepting it as a payment in transactions. The Bitcoin ETFs are still going to continue operating on stock exchanges. And millions of people are still using it as an investment, store of value, daily currency and a savings account.

You are completely correct that it does not exist but we are still going to use it. How does that make you feel?
That people trust more the mathematics and logic they see on its source code than you, a random person in the internet? How does it make you feel? You know it does not exist. And still it spreads all over the world. How does it make you feel? Be honest.
arcmetal

Activity: 287
Merit: 159

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 09:12:46 PM

Everything digital is bunch of 1 and 0 located in a computer memory. But bitcoin is neither digital nor tangible given it's not real. So, just because bitcoin is not real that doesn't mean digital things don't exist. You have a very twisted way of thinking.

I (or should I say all of us here) have a very twisted way of thinking and your way of thinking is correct? That statement just speaks for itself...

So in another words, a computer program does not exist because the only thing that exist are ones and zeroes in a computer memory. Am I right?
Like I have said. You have a very twisted way of thinking. This response proved that also. Ones and zeros in a specific combination form computer programs. The same as ones and zeros attached to the addresses in the Satoshi's system form digital numbers. But there are no combinations of ones and zeros that would form a coin called bitcoin because coins are made of metal. There are also no combinations of ones and zeros that would form digital products called bitcoins because no address holder is capable to show such products. All they are able to show are digital numbers. So, your interpretation of my words is a twisted way of thinking.

That's just getting silly there.  ... So, if I have it straight, like slackovic noticed, you say that digital items exist because they are made of 1's and 0's, but bitcoin doesn't exist because they are digital ??

That kind of logic is not going to fly with anyone that can comprehend sentences with more than 3 words.

So before, in this thread, the tactic was evasion and now we have moved onto Orwellian logic, you know the kind: "war is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength".

I was going to add some more commentary here, but that would just add fuel to the fire.

Instead I'll recommend a good book on bitcoin:

"Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain", second edition, by Andreas M. Antonopoulos.

This book contains a decent and thorough description of how bitcoin works.  It would be good for you, for people, for newbies, that want to begin to understand the inner workings, "digital parts", of how bitcoin functions.  This then provides some explanation for why it has spread so far, become so popular, and has a current value of $47,441.

For something that "does not exist", it seems to have an interesting value to many.

slackovic
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1215

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 06:10:34 AM

Are you serious??? After 15 pages of this thread you are saying that Bitcoin doesn't exist because coins are made of metal? Well... I really don't know what to say... Where does it say that Bitcoin is a coin made of metal? Or where does it say that a coin must be made of metal and it can not be digital?
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 07:09:43 AM

Ok, this discussion is getting nowhere. For that reason I decided to make a video for you guys. I will call it: "Bitcoin is a myth and not real." I will explain everything there. The video I attached in the OP is somehow misleading. When I created it I was thinking that bitcoin is a some kind of message. But throughout  the discussion in this topic I realized that bitcoin actually doesn't exist. We can say that I was also the victim of this widespread false narrative on bitcoin's existence. So I will delete that video and make a new one. Probably over the weekend. Stay tuned.
slackovic
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 07:22:18 AM

Ok, this discussion is getting nowhere. For that reason I decided to make a video for you guys. I will call it: "Bitcoin is a myth and not real." I will explain everything there. The video I attached in the OP is somehow misleading. When I created it I was thinking that bitcoin is a some kind of message. But throughout  the discussion in this topic I realized that bitcoin actually doesn't exist. We can say that I was also the victim of this widespread false narrative on bitcoin's existence. So I will delete that video and make a new one. Probably over the weekend. Stay tuned.

I'm not sure if we all should admire your efforts to persuade us all that Bitcoin does not exist or should we pity you because you are not able to comprehend our reasons why Bitcoin is real even though you can't touch it and even though it's not made of metal.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 07:34:20 AM

I'm not sure if we all should admire your efforts to persuade us all that Bitcoin does not exist or should we pity you because you are not able to comprehend our reasons why Bitcoin is real even though you can't touch it and even though it's not made of metal.
The real problem is your inability to comprehend these words of mine: "... There are also no combinations of ones and zeros that would form digital products called bitcoins because no address holder is capable to show such products. All they are able to show are digital numbers...."

As you can see, I am not talking about metal in this part of my response. I am not sure whether this is your inability to comprehend or you are deliberately twisting my words.
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 07:43:26 AM

The real problem is your inability to comprehend these words of mine: "... There are also no combinations of ones and zeros that would form digital products called bitcoins because no address holder is capable to show such products. All they are able to show are digital numbers...."

As you can see, I am not talking about metal in this part of my response. I am not sure whether this is your inability to comprehend or you are deliberately twisting my words.

We are still going to continue to use it though. You know, those numbers in the internet, called Bitcoins. The ones you hate that are called bitCOINS because they are not made of metal. Those Bitcoins that we can trust on how their "system" will operate by seeing the open source code which rules how Bitcoin works.

The company I work for is still going to continue accepting it as a payment in transactions. The Bitcoin ETFs are still going to continue operating on stock exchanges. And millions of people are still using it as an investment, store of value, daily currency and a savings account.

You are completely correct that it does not exist but we are still going to use it. How does that make you feel?
That people trust more the mathematics and logic they see on its source code than you, a random person in the internet? How does it make you feel? You know it does not exist. And still it spreads all over the world. How does it make you feel? Be honest.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 07:50:02 AM

That what you call using or buying and selling Bitcoin are actually math operations of adding and subtracting numbers to or from the numbers attached to the addresses. Nothing is used, bought or sold.

But hey, you're free to pay money because a system of an anonymous guy is performing math operations.
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 08:04:38 AM

But hey, you're free to pay money because a system of an anonymous guy is performing math operations.

Yeah, I do like it that my money is based on math.
slackovic
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 08:11:44 AM

No, no... You literally said that there is no Bitcoin because coins are made of metal and Bitcoin is not made of metal. Here, I'll quote it and make it bold for you:

Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 08:47:25 AM

Well you can play semantics all you like, but you have no money. What you have is a number attached to your address, which resulted from math operations. The Satoshi's system is like a calculator. It doesn't create money but numbers. But hey, you are free to play with a calculator and fantasize that you're creating money. Children do that all the time. It's fun.

No, no... You literally said that there is no Bitcoin because coins are made of metal and Bitcoin is not made of metal. Here, I'll quote it and make it bold for you:

Yes, coins are made up of metal the same as the Sun is made up of hydrogen, helium and other heavier elements. There's no such thing as "digital coin", the same as there's no such thing as digital Sun. I simply stated something that is factually correct. To this, I also added that no digital product called bitcoin exists, because the address holders can only show digital numbers. This is factually correct as well.

Western_Boris

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 08:55:35 AM

Well you can play semantics all you like, but you have no money. What you have is a number attached to your address, which resulted from math operations. The Satoshi's system is like calculator. It doesn't create money but numbers. But hey, you are free to play with a calculator and fantasize that you're creating money. Children do that all the time.

This digital money has verifiable rules how it operates and value as a part of transaction so I can't see how that is not money. You are still free to say that in your mind it's value is zero for you. But you are not able to decide how other people will value it.
Try it. Try to decide for me that I can't buy anything from this store A which accepts Bitcoin. Or try to decide for me that the Bitcoins I own has suddenly zero value.
Because every second I can see the current value the Bitcoin has in different currencies on the Bitcoin exchange websites.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 09:04:39 AM

Well you can play semantics all you like, but you have no money. What you have is a number attached to your address, which resulted from math operations. The Satoshi's system is like calculator. It doesn't create money but numbers. But hey, you are free to play with a calculator and fantasize that you're creating money. Children do that all the time.

This digital money has verifiable rules how it operates and value as a part of transaction so I can't see how that is not money. You are still free to say that in your mind it's value is zero for you. But you are not able to decide how other people will value it.
Try it. Try to decide for me that I can't buy anything from this store A which accepts Bitcoin. Or try to decide for me that the Bitcoins I own has suddenly zero value.
Because every second I can see the current value the Bitcoin has in different currencies on the Bitcoin exchange websites.
Now you're just repeating the same false narrative that I already debunked throughout this discussion.
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 09:23:44 AM

Now you're just repeating the same false narrative that I already debunked throughout this discussion.

So you tried to decide that digital money has no value at all but could not, so we just continue to use it and accept it as a payment. Thanks.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 09:43:36 AM

So you tried to decide that digital money has no value at all but could not, so we just continue to use it and accept it as a payment. Thanks.
No, I am stating the fact that you have no digital money but digital number. But like I said. You're free to play games and fantasize that you have money, that is, something, while in reality all you have is a number that quantifies nothing. When the game ends, you'll finally comprehend the meaning of the word "nothing".
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 09:50:24 AM

No, I am stating the fact that you have no digital money but digital number. But like I said. You're free to play games and fantasize that you have money, that is, something, while in reality all you have is a number that quantifies nothing. When the game ends, you'll realize what it means to have nothing.

Yes, in fact we will keep using this digital stuff as a currency. Because like I said, you can't prevent us and 100 million other users, a growing number of new users, from doing that. So happy wednesday to you my dude!
Glad to see that all you tried here could not affect anything.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 10:06:16 AM

No, I am stating the fact that you have no digital money but digital number. But like I said. You're free to play games and fantasize that you have money, that is, something, while in reality all you have is a number that quantifies nothing. When the game ends, you'll realize what it means to have nothing.

Yes, in fact we will keep using this digital stuff as a currency. Because like I said, you can't prevent us and 100 million other users, a growing number of new users, from doing that. So happy wednesday to you my dude!
Glad to see that all you tried here could not affect anything.
That's like in ponzi schemes. You cannot afect people by saying that no business exists behind the scheme, because people are driven by greed when they see others are making money from the scheme. When the scheme ends only then people realize that the business didn't exist. The same will happen in the Satoshi's scheme. When the scheme ends people will realize that bitcoin didn't exist.
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 11:35:56 AM

That's like in ponzi schemes. You cannot afect people by saying that no business exists behind the scheme, because people are driven by greed when they see others are making money from the scheme. When the scheme ends only then people realize that the business didn't exist. The same will happen in the Satoshi's scheme. When the scheme ends people will realize that bitcoin didn't exist.

Oh, now you are moving goal posts. First it does not exist at all. Then when you have been told it exists as a digital money and it has open source code where you can examine by your own eyes that how it operates and by what rules it operates, you decided that it has no value at all.
And now that you have noticed that it does have a value to other people even if you don't value at all, you decide it is a ponzi scheme.  Grin

You're funny man. You just can't stand it that whatever you say or do, Bitcoin will keep running in the internet. And people keep using it as their investment, daily currency and a savings account.
You need a therapist to help you. Because you will only get more and more angry and bitter while Bitcoin grows, gets used more, userbase grows and the price of Bitcoin grows. Help yourself and go see therapist.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 11:51:14 AM

Oh, now you are moving goal posts. First it does not exist at all. Then when you have been told it exists as a digital money and it has open source code where you can examine by your own eyes that how it operates and by what rules it operates, you decided that it has no value at all.
And now that you have noticed that it does have a value to other people even if you don't value at all, you decide it is a ponzi scheme.  Grin

You're funny man. You just can't stand it that whatever you say or do, Bitcoin will keep running in the internet. And people keep using it as their investment, daily currency and a savings account.
You need a therapist to help you. Because you will only get more and more angry and bitter while Bitcoin grows, gets used more, userbase grows and the price of Bitcoin grows. Help yourself and go see therapist.
It seems that you have a problem of seeing things that don't exist in reality. I never said things that you put into my mouth. I sad that bitcoin doesn't exist in the Satoshi's scheme the same as a business doesn't exist in ponzi schemes. So you're either incapable of reading or comprehending a simple argument from analogy. Whatever is the case you have a problem of seeing things that don't actually exist. It is no wonder then that you're a fanatical bitcoin believer. All fanatics have problems with reality.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: