Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:37:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How Satoshi Nakamoto Fooled the World  (Read 8878 times)
Snowshow (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 11:15:34 AM

“No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.” – Mark Twain

How about we leave it there?
The real question is who's the idiot here. Those that pay enormous amounts of money to buy something they're even unable to show, or the one who simply describes this by providing facts and evidence.

I again completely rewrited the OP post because I don't agree with Twain, and I think that even an idiot can be persuaded with good evidence. But, maybe Twain is right and I am wrong. We'll see.

Try helping a drugged out/alcoholic paranoid homeless person get off the street.   That will teach you things you'd rather not know, once you've learned them.   Then revisit that mark twain quote.   

Also learn about Information squares.  Its a simple concept.   When a 6 year old talks about things where you know they are wrong due to the fact you have more information then the 6 year old.  Your information square is larger then theirs.  You can see where the edges of their information stops.   But They cant. 

Now apply this to yourself. 
And how's that going to change the fact that you cannot show a digital resource called bitcoin that you supposedly bought?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hZti

Activity: 952
Merit: 642

Magic

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 11:19:03 AM

And how's that going to change the fact that you cannot show a digital resource called bitcoin that you supposedly bought?

This whole thing is really like an accident where you know you should not look but at the same time it is so awful that you can't unsee it. It is the same for you USD that you have. IF you print a piece of paper than you also have nothing except a piece of paper. You can do the same with bitcoin or you can just not do it because bitcoin is not stupid fiat money that you can just create in unlimited amounts.
Somehow I sometimes think that user Snowshow is some old bitcoiner that sold his coins and now regrets it a lot  Cry
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 11:38:41 AM

This whole thing is really like an accident where you know you should not look but at the same time it is so awful that you can't unsee it. It is the same for you USD that you have. IF you print a piece of paper than you also have nothing except a piece of paper. You can do the same with bitcoin or you can just not do it because bitcoin is not stupid fiat money that you can just create in unlimited amounts.
Somehow I sometimes think that user Snowshow is some old bitcoiner that sold his coins and now regrets it a lot  Cry
In the OP I explicitly addressed this comical and nonsensical comparision of numbers in the bitcoin system and numbers in the banking system. Because I learned that all bitcoiners repeat that nonsense. It is like they all read from the same book. Whenever an evidence is given that exposes the Nakamoto's scheme as Ponzi, the bitcoiners will, without any explanations or facts just repeat the mantra: "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...". Crazy stuff. They act like some cult of brainless preachers.
hZti

Activity: 952
Merit: 642

Magic

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 12:06:29 PM

In the OP I explicitly addressed this comical and nonsensical comparision of numbers in the bitcoin system and numbers in the banking system. Because I learned that all bitcoiners repeat that nonsense. It is like they all read from the same book. Whenever an evidence is given that exposes the Nakamoto's scheme as Ponzi, the bitcoiners will, without any explanations or facts just repeat the mantra: "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...". Crazy stuff. They act like some cult of brainless preachers.
[/quote]

I think that people are just way more realistic than you are. Every system has its own flaws and points where it can be improved. It is just that bitcoin is the same as fiat but in some points it is better. So if you point out flaws of bitcoin but they are also present in fiat then this is the obvious reaction. Bitcoin is simply a modern fiat currency with a hard cap. Also it is a legal tender in some countries.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 12:21:56 PM

I think that people are just way more realistic than you are. Every system has its own flaws and points where it can be improved. It is just that bitcoin is the same as fiat but in some points it is better. So if you point out flaws of bitcoin but they are also present in fiat then this is the obvious reaction. Bitcoin is simply a modern fiat currency with a hard cap. Also it is a legal tender in some countries.
Yes, that's the mantra. But but bitcoin doesn't exist just like a lucrative businesses don't exist in traditional ponzies. Your mantra is therefore just a nonsensical repetition of propaganda and fantasies. Completely useless.
tadamichi

Activity: 168
Merit: 417

武士道

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 12:23:19 PM

I don't agree with Twain, and I think that even an idiot can be persuaded with good evidence.

In the OP I explicitly addressed this comical and nonsensical comparision of numbers in the bitcoin system and numbers in the banking system. Because I learned that all bitcoiners repeat that nonsense. It is like they all read from the same book. Whenever an evidence is given that exposes the Nakamoto's scheme as Ponzi, the bitcoiners will, without any explanations or facts just repeat the mantra: "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...". Crazy stuff. They act like some cult of brainless preachers.
Waiting for the good evidence. You call the people that just compare two competing systems cultists, frauds, ponzi advocates etc. Just because they didn’t come to the conclusion that the current system is better. You never even respond to anyones answer or are willing to any discussion, the only thing you do is to make claims, it’s not a discussion.

What you’re doing is actually cultist like, you don’t even have dynamic thoughts. „Bitcoin is ….[useless, worthless, not backed by anything, has no value, volatile, no intrinsic value, needs fools to work, wastes energy, manipulated, a ponzi, will be banned, a tulip bubble, a pyramid, a risk stock, is controlled by the …]“ - everytime the same bs that anti bitcoin shills are mindlessly repeating, and no matter what arguments are being brought up, the same bs will be repeated again and again, and counter arguments will just be ignored. Everything has been explained to you 1000 times, your evidence is disproven. Stop the hypocrisy now. Actually discuss or stop it.

9BDB B925 329A C034
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 12:31:08 PM

I don't agree with Twain, and I think that even an idiot can be persuaded with good evidence.

In the OP I explicitly addressed this comical and nonsensical comparision of numbers in the bitcoin system and numbers in the banking system. Because I learned that all bitcoiners repeat that nonsense. It is like they all read from the same book. Whenever an evidence is given that exposes the Nakamoto's scheme as Ponzi, the bitcoiners will, without any explanations or facts just repeat the mantra: "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...",  "Fiat the same...". Crazy stuff. They act like some cult of brainless preachers.
Waiting for the good evidence. You call the people that just compare two competing systems cultists, frauds, ponzi advocates etc. Just because they didn’t come to the conclusion that the current system is better. You never even respond to anyones answer or are willing to any discussion, the only thing you do is to make claims, it’s not a discussion.

What you’re doing is actually cultist like, you don’t even have dynamic thoughts. „Bitcoin is ….[useless, worthless, not backed by anything, has no value, volatile, no intrinsic value, needs fools to work, wastes energy, manipulated, a ponzi, will be banned, a tulip bubble, a pyramid, a risk stock, is controlled by the …]“ - everytime the same bs that anti bitcoin shills are mindlessly repeating, and no matter what arguments are being brought up, the same bs will be repeated again and again, and counter arguments will just be ignored. Everything has been explained to you 1000 times, your evidence is disproven. Stop the hypocrisy now. Actually discuss or stop it.
Those are your fantasies, not my claims. My claim is pretty simple: there's no digital resource or asset called bitcoin in the bitcoin system. I gave pretty simple experiment in the OP to demonstrate that. You all completely ignore the topic at hand and just engage in ad hominem attacks. The most common is this" "You don't understand bitcoin...".

So, there's nothing for me to address. Your opinions on me are not the topic here.
tryingtolearn

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 12:45:32 PM

Bitcoin is ….[useless, worthless, not backed by anything, has no value, volatile, no intrinsic value, needs fools to work, wastes energy, manipulated, a ponzi, will be banned, a tulip bubble, a pyramid, a risk stock, is controlled by the …]“

Pretty much sums it up.  Fortunately for bitcoiner's - there are more naive fools than rational people these days - so the game will go on until most get burned and realize they've been had. 

Blockchain technology itself is not the same thing - that has major potential.

Digits for sale:  I am selling 6 - 26 digit asset locations on the blockchain.   $10k each or 50k for all 6.  Limited supply - act fast.  Fiat currency via Paypal or Venmo please. 
tadamichi

武士道

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 12:56:09 PM

Those are your fantasies, not my claims. My claim is pretty simple: there's no digital resource or asset called bitcoin in the bitcoin system. I gave pretty simple experiment in the OP to demonstrate that. You all completely ignore the topic at hand and just engage in ad hominem attacks. The most common is this" "You don't understand bitcoin...".

So, there's nothing for me to address. Your opinions on me are not the topic here.
You changed your claims multiple times, you tried everything you can, but all of it got disproven. And then you just come up with another claim. And now your last resort is calling people cultists again, but if you understood how decentralized Bitcoin is this doesn’t even make sense and just shows that you indeed have no clue what’s going on. And nah people don’t read from the same book, they verify individually, people here are not even linked to each other. We don’t even know each other or have ever talked with each other before. Just verify everything individually, that is the only way to get it. You won’t get around education to understand Bitcoin, that’s the real problem here for the haters. Because they’re unable or lazy to do it. But it’s positive for Bitcoin as it keeps the people out, that just won’t take the time study it, naturally. So we will reach higher quality results in the end, as you can’t fake your way in.

Pretty much sums it up.  Fortunately for bitcoiner's - there are more naive fools than rational people these days - so the game will go on until most get burned and realize they've been had.  

Blockchain technology itself is not the same thing - that has major potential.

Digits for sale:  I am selling 6 - 26 digit asset locations on the blockchain.   $10k each or 50k for all 6.  Limited supply - act fast.  Fiat currency via Paypal or Venmo please.  
How much studying did you put into Bitcoin? We know the answer is astronomically low, or else prove that you understand it. Calling yourself rational is a stretch, this is not some fiat toy that takes 5 minutes to fully get. What you described below is what’s happening in the shitcoin space, people here warn against this again and again.

Is that really all you guys got?

9BDB B925 329A C034
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 02:29:02 PM

You changed your claims multiple times, you tried everything you can, but all of it got disproven. And then you just come up with another claim. And now your last resort is calling people cultists again, but if you understood how decentralized Bitcoin is this doesn’t even make sense and just shows that you indeed have no clue what’s going on. And nah people don’t read from the same book, they verify individually, people here are not even linked to each other. We don’t even know each other or have ever talked with each other before. Just verify everything individually, that is the only way to get it. You won’t get around education to understand Bitcoin, that’s the real problem here for the haters. Because they’re unable or lazy to do it. But it’s positive for Bitcoin as it keeps the people out, that just won’t take the time study it, naturally. So we will reach higher quality results in the end, as you can’t fake your way in.

You see how nicely have you ignored my claim, again. That's all you do. You're fantasizing about me and ignoring the topic at hand. Majority of your bitcoiners do exactly the same. There's nothing for me to respond. I'm just editing my OP towards simplicity because I see you're unable to comprehend generic economic concepts.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 03:16:45 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2022, 03:29:49 PM by JayJuanGee

hat’s why Bitcoin system is not a payment system. And now, a fan fact. Not only that Nakamoto’s tokens cannot provide utility to their holders. But the holders cannot even show the tokens. All that they can show are numbers in their wallets that represent the amount of the tokens.

I have been doing freelancing gigs lately. Guess how people pay me? Through crypto [highlighted to help out edgycorner.. you can thank me later.]Smiley

Paypal has a 10% fee in my country, international bank transfer takes weeks, other payment methods are equally incompetent or riddled with unnecessary fees.
But bitcoins and crypto [highlighted to help out edgycorner.. you can thank me later.]? I get paid instantly, I can convert it to FIAT whenever need be or hodl or convert it into something more stable  Tongue

Your arguments are flawed and outdated.

Fuck shitcoins.. we are not talking about shitcoins in this thread.
Bitcoin ain't shitcoin tho.

Do I need to highlight what you wrote?  [ok.. I did. you can thank me later.]

and  Huh ? FYI: Bitcoin is a crypto

There should be no real need for me to repeat myself on this point, and I am not claiming to be any kind of omniscient person, either...

At the same time, some of the burden remains on you (edgycorner) to consider your own ways of thinking and communicating about bitcoin-related matters, refusal to appreciate bitcoin's dominance and prominence (through language), and even your choices to get defensive (take matters personally) and to go on the offensive regarding such passion that you want to argue "technically bitcoin blah blah blah" nonsense).....

I am still waiting for Snowshow to show more desperation and to commit some further argument errors by deviating in the shitcoin direction.. ... and funny thing is that as fucked up and seemingly disingenuine Snowshow presents, so far he has not gone into muddling the topic into even more errors by an inability to stay focused on bitcoin. .and his criticism seems to remained focused on bitcoin - which also seems to be the stronger attack that can be attempted to be made - even though at the same time Snowshow is wrong, deluded and seems to not really understand what the fuck bitcoin is.. but at least he is focused to go towards attacking the strongest of propositions in regards to his ongoing assertion that bitcoin has absolutely no value..  

Snowshow does not even conceded that bitcoin might have a little bit of value.. hahahahaha  He is going for the jugular to ongoingly proclaim that bitcoin has absolutely no value. .which does help with focus, while at the same time showing Snowshow as being very detached from even being able to assess basic concepts of the various ways of assessing value.

When someone like me is proclaiming that shitcoins need not be brought into the mix of this bitcoin-focused discussion, and also proclaims that using vague-ass terms like "crypto" and lumping bitcoin into that basket, those do not rise to claims about shitcoins having little to no value.. but instead claims that confusion and misleading ideas (about crypto or whatever it is that you are wanting to bring up) are being injected into conversations that are attempting to suss out various bitcoin value propositions.. and seemingly one of the central areas of contrast would be to compare what bitcoin brings to the table of traditional fiat money and the various systems built around fiat money that Snowshow seems to be asserting as being the best thing since sliced bread - and yeah of course, sometimes shitcoins can complement or supplement various aspects of bitcoin's value and utility.. but they still do not need to be injected into this kind of conversation without distinguishing them and by erroneously implying that they are part of a kind of equivalency to bitcoin.. when they are not. and shitcoin should not be implied in those kinds of equivalency to bitcoin ways because it is misleading/confusing/distracting at the least and not really adding meat to our conversation in this thread either.

You see how nicely have you ignored my claim, again. That's all you do. You're fantasizing about me and ignoring the topic at hand. Majority of your bitcoiners do exactly the same. There's nothing for me to respond. I'm just editing my OP towards simplicity because I see you're unable to comprehend generic economic concepts.

Stop editing your OP you dipshit twat.

If you feel that there are some points that you want to revise or to bring into the conversation or to highlight, then make those highlights and repetitions within the context of the thread...

As I have already mentioned to you a few times, there is no obligation for guys (whether yours truly or anyone else) to have to go back and read your OP and to see what they latest upgrade in your changing a "the" to an "a" or whatever other dumb changes that you might have made in the supposed "latest and greatest" update.. .. .. especially if you are continuously revising it.. as you seem to be saying every few pages of this thread.. "oh by the way, I revised the OP again.. blah blah blah"..

Grow the fuck up, Snowshow.. if that is possible?   I have my doubts.. hahahhaha.. that leads me to imagining running into you in person.. and oh my god, what an image that presents..   Shocked Shocked Shocked.. it's not a pretty one, at least in my head.. . #justsaying  Can you wipe those crumbs off your beard by the way? You should not be eating those crumbs again later, anyhow...  and tuck your shirt in too.. It looks better..   brushing your teeth wouldn't kill anyone, would it? hahahahahaha

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
edgycorner

Activity: 1064
Merit: 382

Hurrah for Karamazov!

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 03:50:38 PM

hat’s why Bitcoin system is not a payment system. And now, a fan fact. Not only that Nakamoto’s tokens cannot provide utility to their holders. But the holders cannot even show the tokens. All that they can show are numbers in their wallets that represent the amount of the tokens.

I have been doing freelancing gigs lately. Guess how people pay me? Through crypto [highlighted to help out edgycorner.. you can thank me later.]Smiley

Paypal has a 10% fee in my country, international bank transfer takes weeks, other payment methods are equally incompetent or riddled with unnecessary fees.
But bitcoins and crypto [highlighted to help out edgycorner.. you can thank me later.]? I get paid instantly, I can convert it to FIAT whenever need be or hodl or convert it into something more stable  Tongue

There should be no real need for me to repeat myself on this point, and I am not claiming to be any kind of omniscient person, either...

At the same time, some of the burden remains on you (edgycorner) to consider your own ways of thinking and communicating about bitcoin-related matters, refusal to appreciate bitcoin's dominance and prominence (through language), and even your choices to get defensive (take matters personally) and to go on the offensive regarding such passion that you want to argue "technically bitcoin blah blah blah" nonsense).....

Sure dude, read your first reply to me.

When I was pointing out bitcoin's utility. Look how you reacted. You probably didn't even read it until later Smiley

The burden is on you. You started with disrespect on something that wasn't even my point.

"Refusal to appreciate bitcoin's dominance"
Point where I said this or anything near to it. You are a dumb man and definitely schizo.

And be respectful when you are quoting someone, else you won't receive any in return either.

So long kiddo. Learn to read till then.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 07:30:27 PM

If you feel that there are some points that you want to revise or to bring into the conversation or to highlight, then make those highlights and repetitions within the context of the thread...

As I have already mentioned to you a few times, there is no obligation for guys (whether yours truly or anyone else) to have to go back and read your OP and to see what they latest upgrade in your changing a "the" to an "a" or whatever other dumb changes that you might have made in the supposed "latest and greatest" update.. .. .. especially if you are continuously revising it.. as you seem to be saying every few pages of this thread.. "oh by the way, I revised the OP again.. blah blah blah"..

Grow the fuck up, Snowshow.. if that is possible?   I have my doubts.. hahahhaha.. that leads me to imagining running into you in person.. and oh my god, what an image that presents..   Shocked Shocked Shocked.. it's not a pretty one, at least in my head.. . #justsaying  Can you wipe those crumbs off your beard by the way? You should not be eating those crumbs again later, anyhow...  and tuck your shirt in too.. It looks better..   brushing your teeth wouldn't kill anyone, would it? hahahahahaha
You're also an expert for ignoring the topic at hand. Keep up the good work.
darkv0rt3x

Activity: 1204
Merit: 658

I rather die on my feet than to live on my knees

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 09:42:01 PM

How can you say that we don't understand basic economic concepts? You are the one demonstrating you don't know much about those concepts. It's clear you misunderstand them all and showing complete lack of understanding of the Bitcoin network.

You're also an expert for ignoring the topic at hand. Keep up the good work.

Again, you're saying something that perfectly reflects your behaviour/reactions. You're transposing your behaviour onto others! But people here is a bit smater than that! Everyone sees what you're trying to do!

Bitcoin is energy. Bitcoin is freedom
I rather die on my feet than living on my knees!
tadamichi

武士道

View Profile
July 20, 2022, 09:09:37 AM

You see how nicely have you ignored my claim, again. That's all you do.
I would love to have a discussion about your claim, but you’re not here to discuss in the first place. So either show me you’re able to do it or i won’t waste my time.

9BDB B925 329A C034
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2022, 04:16:40 PM

In this context there is nothing to be done by any to stop mass the acceptance of bitcoin.
But i will say what will be your aim trying to convince people around globe calling bitcoin a scam or a bait just as you have said and in what contribution those this post has to offer over here?
I have come to see your comparism but it does not looks rational or logical were you trying to give an example with banknotes, secondly you don't expect Bitcoin price to be static so the price varies.
Have you also compared it to Stock Exchange And why do you believe in that?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2022, 07:22:52 PM

When I was pointing out bitcoin's utility. Look how you reacted. You probably didn't even read it until later Smiley

I quoted it.. so there is no ambiguity regarding what you said.

The burden is on you. You started with disrespect on something that wasn't even my point.

You used the term crypto..

You typed it not me.

Point where I said this or anything near to it. You are a dumb man and definitely schizo.

And be respectful when you are quoting someone, else you won't receive any in return either.

You choose whether and how to respond.. That's your choice.

[edited out]
You're also an expert for ignoring the topic at hand.

Generally speaking, from your various framings, the topic seems to be the multitude of ways that bitcoin is not valuable, and just like others here, mostly I have been providing responses against your various propositions.

Keep up the good work.

I will try.  Thanks.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
edgycorner

Activity: 1064
Merit: 382

Hurrah for Karamazov!

View Profile
July 20, 2022, 07:24:58 PM

I quoted it.. so there is no ambiguity regarding what you said.

You used the term crypto..

You typed it not me.

You choose whether and how to respond.. That's your choice.

TIL: You can't call bitcoin a crypto or this guy will get mad
Okay genius
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2022, 07:51:06 PM

You can't call bitcoin a crypto ....

Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2022, 03:45:29 AM

You see how nicely have you ignored my claim, again. That's all you do.
I would love to have a discussion about your claim, but you’re not here to discuss in the first place. So either show me you’re able to do it or i won’t waste my time.
There's nothing to discuss here. Experiment proved that no digital resource called bitcoin exists in the system. You cannot show it. No one can. Numbers are fake. No real amount is represented with them. Just admit the fact that the system is Ponzi scheme and that's it. No need to beat a dead horse.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: