Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How Satoshi Nakamoto Fooled the World  (Read 8878 times)
Snowshow (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 09:59:52 AM

Ok. Now you're saying that people are not actually buying numbers. So, what things in the quantity of 10 did a guy that spent $440K to have number 10 in the Satoshi's system, actually bought?

They bought digital currency called Bitcoin. A digital money that exists only in the internet, in the Bitcoin blockchain which keeps tabs on who owns what of this digital money. They bought ownership of those Bitcoins included in the transaction.
So after the transaction is verified by the network, the change of ownership will be updated to the blockchain.

And again, it is not Satoshi's or anyone elses system. Satoshi Nakamoto wrote the whitepaper and started the coding work and then left the project and gave it to many other coders to complete. No one owns the network as it is decentralized and and ran by thousands of computers across the planet.

Just tell me if these digital things are too difficult for you to understand and we can go back to talk about "numbers" or even "lollipops" if that makes it easier for you to comprehend.
Digital currency is a generic phrase like God. You must prove that digital currency actually exists. But of course, we know that this is impossible. Your words are like saying: "they bought the supreme deity called Zeus". In the blockchain we se neither Bitcoin nor Zeus, but only numbers and addresses. Nodes send and receive neither Bitcoin nor Zeus, but numbers in the network. So no digital currency with the name Bitcoin exists. It's just a myth. It exists only in your fantasy. What we actually have are intangible currencies in the banking system that are called liabilities. Liabilities in the US banking system are called USD. Liabilities in the Australian banking system are called AUD. And so on. So these are the currencies. And not your fictional Bitcoin. It's time for you to finally accept the reality. But if you're not ready yet it's Ok. You'll accepted it eventually.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Western_Boris

Activity: 28
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 10:04:13 AM

Digital currency is a generic phrase like God. You must prove that digital currency actually exists. But of course, we know that this is impossible.

So are you saying that anything digital does not exist or are you saying that nothing digital can be used as a payment in transactions?
I have this beautiful picture I just made in Paint with my computer. I saved it in cloud service Dropbox. Does that picture I can see in my computer screen exist or is it only my imagination?
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 10:09:20 AM

Digital currency is a generic phrase like God. You must prove that digital currency actually exists. But of course, we know that this is impossible.

So are you saying that anything digital does not exist or are you saying that nothing digital can be used as a payment in transactions?
I have this beautiful picture I just made in Paint with my computer. I saved it in cloud service Dropbox. Does that picture I can see in my computer screen exist or is it only my imagination?
To say that Bitcoin is digital you would first have to prove it exists. Like applications, ebooks, documents, animations, pictures, and other digital products exist. There's an enormous amount of digital products out there. Bitcoin is nowhere to be found. So when you say it's digital you're imagining things.
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 10:17:42 AM

To say that Bitcoin is digital you would first have to prove it exists. Like applications, ebooks, documents, animations, pictures, and other digital products exist. There's an enormous amount of digital products out there. Bitcoin is nowhere to be found. So when you say it's digital you're imagining things.

Ok. So my conclusion is that you do not understand what digital things means. Because all of those are in the end lines of code and you are not willing to see the proof. Bitcoin is great because it is not closed, hidden, secret code in the servers of some private company. It is open source so anyone can verify it exists and works just like people tell you.

What kind of proof are you looking for if you are not willing to check the code of Bitcoin with your own eyes?
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 10:22:37 AM

Ok. So my conclusion is that you do not understand what digital things means. Because all of those are in the end lines of code and you are not willing to see the proof. Bitcoin is great because it is not closed, hidden, secret code in the servers of some private company. It is open source so anyone can verify it exists and works just like people tell you.

What kind of proof are you looking for if you are not willing to check the code of Bitcoin with your own eyes?
You're again twisting things around. When people say they are buying bitcoin they don't say they are buying some "open source" code. Are you capable of comprehending the difference between the system and the entries next to addresses?

What you conclude is your problem. All I do here is presenting facts.
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 10:26:59 AM

You're again twisting things around. When people say they are buying bitcoin they don't say they are buying some "open source" code. Are you capable of comprehending the difference between the system and the entries next to addresses?

Dude, just answer the question. Don't be a dick.

Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 10:34:20 AM

Dude, just answer the question. Don't be a dick.

I see no code of Bitcoin. I see Satoshi's code that manipulates with numbers. You claim that somewhere in that some revolutionary digital currency exists and that when you pay half a million dollars you get 10 pieces of it. But you provided zero evidence for your claim. All you do is talking about the code, about the system. You proved nothing. Because bitcoin doesn't exist.
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 12:06:20 PM

I see no code of Bitcoin. I see Satoshi's code that manipulates with numbers. You claim that somewhere in that some revolutionary digital currency exists and that when you pay half a million dollars you get 10 pieces of it. But you provided zero evidence for your claim. All you do is talking about the code, about the system. You proved nothing. Because bitcoin doesn't exist.

So just to check again if I understand you correctly.

1. You know that Bitcoin works how it's source code tells it to work. You just for some reason want to call Bitcoin's source code as "Satoshi's code". Even though it is not all coded by Mr. Nakamoto and even when he does not have any power to change the code and even when he does not have any kind of ownership over it.

2. You don't want to check the source code with your own eyes, not even when you are being told that the code verifies and proves that eveything said about Bitcoin is true.

So this kind of ends the whole conversation. You wanted proof but you are not willing to look at it. Ok, live in your alternative universe. No one cares, including Bitcoin. Tick tock next block, it just keeps working in the internet just how it is coded to work. No matter what you say or believe.
Have a happy rest of your life. Might be a sad one when every bit of news about Bitcoin, about it's price and about it's adoption going forward is an attack against your beliefs.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 01:49:21 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2022, 02:05:51 PM by Snowshow

So just to check again if I understand you correctly.

1. You know that Bitcoin works how it's source code tells it to work. You just for some reason want to call Bitcoin's source code as "Satoshi's code". Even though it is not all coded by Mr. Nakamoto and even when he does not have any power to change the code and even when he does not have any kind of ownership over it.

2. You don't want to check the source code with your own eyes, not even when you are being told that the code verifies and proves that eveything said about Bitcoin is true.

So this kind of ends the whole conversation. You wanted proof but you are not willing to look at it. Ok, live in your alternative universe. No one cares, including Bitcoin. Tick tock next block, it just keeps working in the internet just how it is coded to work. No matter what you say or believe.
Have a happy rest of your life. Might be a sad one when every bit of news about Bitcoin, about it's price and about it's adoption going forward is an attack against your beliefs.
It's a very sad situation when you don't realize that you're the one having problems. I have said to you multiple times that I am referring to entries next to addresses. These entries are what changes when people supposedly buy Bitcoin. I am simply telling you that these entries are fake because no THING with the quantities indicated with this entries exists in the possession of these "buyers".

And what you do? You completely ignore the entries, and keep talking about the code that manages the entries. If entry in my brokerage account says 100 TSLA, I don't care about the system that make this entry to appear on the screen. What I care are shares in the company. Company is the THING. That's what I bought, and not the brokerage system that manages data. So, where's the THING indicated with the entry 10 BTC, that people supposedly buy? That's of course a rhetorical question. No such THING exists in the Satoshi's system.
Western_Boris

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 02:06:01 PM

It's a very sad situation when you don't realize that you're the one having problems. I have said to you multiple times that I am referring to entries next to addresses. These entries are what changes when people supposedly buy Bitcoin. I am simply telling you that these entries are fake because no THING with the quantities indicated with this entries exists in the possession of these "buyers".

And what you do? You completely ignore the entries, and keep talking about the code that manages the entries. If entry in my brokerage account says 100 TSLA, I don't care about the system that make this entry to appear on the screen. What I care are shares in the company. Company is the THING. That's what I buy, and not the brokerage system that manages data. So, whers the THING indicated with the entry 10 BTC people supposedly buy? That's of course a rhetorical question. No such THING exists in the Satoshi's system.

Me and 100 million other Bitcoin users are having problems? Apple CEO, Twitter founder, few presidents, governments, stock exchanges, investment banks, financial supervisors, brick and mortar banks, thousands of companies around the world... We don't realize we are having problems?
Well lucky me that I met you!  Cheesy

I'm sure to tell everyone from now on that don't listen to those hundred of millions of people, companies, investors etc. and don't you dare to verify anything about Bitcoin from its source code because this one guy in the internet says they are all wrong and he knows the truth! Cheesy
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 02:30:21 PM

And what you do? You completely ignore the entries, and keep talking about the code that manages the entries. If entry in my brokerage account says 100 TSLA, I don't care about the system that make this entry to appear on the screen. What I care are shares in the company. Company is the THING. That's what I buy, and not the brokerage system that manages data. So, whers the THING indicated with the entry 10 BTC people supposedly buy? That's of course a rhetorical question. No such THING exists in the Satoshi's system.

Me and 100 million other Bitcoin users are having problems? Apple CEO, Twitter founder, few presidents, governments, stock exchanges, investment banks, financial supervisors, brick and mortar banks, thousands of companies around the world... We don't realize we are having problems?

I'm sure to tell everyone from now on that don't listen to those hundred of millions of people, companies, investors etc. and don't you dare to verify anything about Bitcoin from its source code because this one guy in the internet says they are all wrong and he knows the truth! Cheesy
Well, you're free to think or tell people whatever you want. But that won't make bitcoin to appear. Btw, here's a quick lesson for you:

An argumentum ad populum is an argument, often emotionally laden, that claims a conclusion is true because most, all, or even an elite group people irrelevantly think, believe, or feel that it is.

An argumentum ad crumenam argument, also known as an argument to the purse, is the informal fallacy of concluding that a statement is correct because the speaker is rich (or that a statement is incorrect because the speaker is poor).

The appeal to wealth fallacy is committed by any argument that assumes that someone or something is better simply because they are wealthier or more expensive.
arcmetal

Activity: 287
Merit: 159

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 03:21:24 PM
Merited by FatFork (1)

Well, you're free to think or tell people whatever you want. But that won't make bitcoin to appear. Btw, here's a quick lesson for you:

An argumentum ad populum is an argument, often emotionally laden, that claims a conclusion is true because most, all, or even an elite group people irrelevantly think, believe, or feel that it is.

An argumentum ad crumenam argument, also known as an argument to the purse, is the informal fallacy of concluding that a statement is correct because the speaker is rich (or that a statement is incorrect because the speaker is poor).

The appeal to wealth fallacy is committed by any argument that assumes that someone or something is better simply because they are wealthier or more expensive.
Here is a lesson for you:

evasion The action of evading something. The avoiding of an argument, accusation, question, or the like, as by a subterfuge.   Example: "their adroit evasion of almost all questions".

This is a tactic you have used throughout this thread.  Here is an example:

Iron Fist asks, repeatedly:
But I did not sell my address in the system. I still own the address.
To say "nothing" cannot be factually correct, because logic dictates that I obviously sold something. I owned "something" that, after the sale, I no longer own. I ask you again, what did I sell?

Here you evade, ignore, then finally give a nonsensical answer (more evasion).

You asked what you own. You own an address. Like everyone that installed a wallet application. That's all that you own. Now, whatever playing with the numbers the system performs around your address doesn't make you an owner of something.

... and the following nonsensical answer completely misses the whole point of bitcoin, and how it works, that is, that it is able to make a digital unit unreproducible.  This is something new in the information age.  Among other things, this ability to make a digital unit uncopyable gave bitcoin its initial value (as opposed to other previous attempts at digital money).

My answer to you is: nothing. You sold nothing. Take this analogy. I write down my name and "1 Zeus" next to it. I now have "something" associated with my name. I go to my neighbor, I exchange it for fiat currency (for $ 44k) by writing down his name and "1 Zeus", and by writing down my name and "0 Zeus" next to it. Now I don't have that "something" anymore. All I have left is just my name. By definition, this process is called sales. My question to you, what did I sell?

... and then there the other instance of evasion where you simply say

I am not interested in your fantasies. Sorry.

That is the biggest tell that you know you can't answer that question, because paying any attention to answering their question shows that you simply got it wrong.

A "tell" is something that a person does to unknowingly indicate the strength of their hand or what one of their future actions might be.

Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 04:46:47 PM

evasion The action of evading something. The avoiding of an argument, accusation, question, or the like, as by a subterfuge.   Example: "their adroit evasion of almost all questions".

To say "nothing" cannot be factually correct, because logic dictates that I obviously sold something. I owned "something" that, after the sale, I no longer own. I ask you again, what did I sell?

You asked what you own. You own an address. Like everyone that installed a wallet application. That's all that you own. Now, whatever playing with the numbers the system performs around your address doesn't make you an owner of something.

... and the following nonsensical answer completely misses the whole point of bitcoin, and how it works, that is, that it is able to make a digital unit unreproducible.  This is something new in the information age.  Among other things, this ability to make a digital unit uncopyable gave bitcoin its initial value (as opposed to other previous attempts at digital money).

My answer to you is: nothing. You sold nothing. Take this analogy. I write down my name and "1 Zeus" next to it. I now have "something" associated with my name. I go to my neighbor, I exchange it for fiat currency (for $ 44k) by writing down his name and "1 Zeus", and by writing down my name and "0 Zeus" next to it. Now I don't have that "something" anymore. All I have left is just my name. By definition, this process is called sales. My question to you, what did I sell?

That is the biggest tell that you know you can't answer that question, because paying any attention to answering their question shows that you simply got it wrong.

A "tell" is something that a person does to unknowingly indicate the strength of their hand or what one of their future actions might be.

Why do you think that your interpretation of this discussion means anything?

I don't care what you think about me. This is the discussion about the non-existence of bitcoin.

arcmetal

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 07:11:23 PM

[snip]

I don't care what you think about me. This is the discussion about the non-existence of bitcoin.

This is just more evasion.  ... It does seem that the repetition of evasion happens a lot in this thread.

Delineating the evasion in your comments is not about "you". 

Evasion happens when it is difficult to hide from the obvious: that you have no argument, no concepts to stand on, then evasion is all that is left.

Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2022, 05:11:38 AM

[snip]

evasion The action of evading something. The avoiding of an argument, accusation, question, or the like, as by a subterfuge.   Example: "their adroit evasion of almost all questions".

This is a tactic you have used throughout this thread.  Here is an example:

... and the following nonsensical answer completely misses the whole point of bitcoin, and how it works, that is, that it is able to make a digital unit unreproducible.  This is something new in the information age.  Among other things, this ability to make a digital unit uncopyable gave bitcoin its initial value (as opposed to other previous attempts at digital money).

This is just more evasion.  ... It does seem that the repetition of evasion happens a lot in this thread.

Delineating the evasion in your comments is not about "you".  

Evasion happens when it is difficult to hide from the obvious: that you have no argument, no concepts to stand on, then evasion is all that is left.

Well, you can talk about evasion all you like. It's just you opinion. Completely irrelevant for the topic at hand. And like I already said, I am presenting no arguments here, but only facts. I am also refuting your rationalizations for denying the facts.
arcmetal

View Profile
March 27, 2022, 10:26:40 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2022, 03:38:10 AM by arcmetal

Well, you can talk about evasion all you like. It's just you opinion. Completely irrelevant for the topic at hand. And like I already said, I am presenting no arguments here, but only facts. I am also refuting your rationalizations for denying the facts.
It's not really an "opinion" if anyone can arrive at the same conclusion.  It is literally on display for anyone to read in black and white within this thread.

It does seem that you are misunderstanding some key elements of bitcoin and of digital technology in general, and maybe this is why you arrive at your odd conclusions.

I am not really interested in going through what all of those key facets are, but here is recent article that hits upon those key aspects of what makes bitcoin work and give it value.  It might help you some:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/culture/why-bitcoin-has-no-competition

Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2022, 06:37:50 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2022, 06:48:06 AM by Snowshow

It's not really an "opinion" if anyone can arrive at the same conclusion.  It is literally on display for anyone to read in black and white within this thread.

It does seem that you are misunderstanding some key elements of bitcoin and of digital technology in general, and maybe this is why you arrive at your odd conclusions.

I am not really interested in going through what all of those key facets are, but here is recent article that hits upon those key aspects of what makes bitcoin work and give it value.  It might help you some:

Everything that you just said are things irrelevant for the facts I have presented here. The only thing you're supposed to do, if you're replying to my posts, is to prove the existence of Bitcoin. You are one of those who claim Bitcoin exists. Your colleagues tried to prove the existence of Bitcoin, but I refuted all their arguments. Then you came with opinions about me and false interpretation of one of my refutations. So there's no substance in your replies that I could address. I don't care about your magazines or opinions. I care only about facts and arguments.

arcmetal

View Profile
March 28, 2022, 07:13:21 AM

Everything that you just said are things irrelevant for the facts I have presented here. The only thing you're supposed to do, if you're replying to my posts, is to prove the existence of Bitcoin. You are one of those who claim Bitcoin exists. Your colleagues tried to prove the existence of Bitcoin, but I refuted all their arguments. Then you came with opinions about me and false interpretation of one of my refutations. So there's no substance in your replies that I could address. I don't care about your magazines or opinions. I care only about facts and arguments.

Wo, that is a really bizarre comment, since the only things I have mentioned are the properties of bitcoin, the elements that you have missed, etc.  These are also things that others have also posted in these comments.  And, since you actively side step and ignore these elements of bitcoin I had to add about your constant evasion of these basic things, and so noticing this evasion is a big part of this thread.

There seem to be too many elements that you are ignoring, I don't have time to go through all of them, I have other things to do, and this is why I passed along that article.  If you'd read it you would learn some things that you are completely missing.

Or, like I already mentioned, and I repeat, it would seem you are actively ignoring these elements of bitcoin that I and others have passed along within this thread. You say that you only care about "facts and arguments", but you only seem to ignore "facts and arguments".  It would seem that this is really your main dilemma.

slackovic
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1215

View Profile
March 28, 2022, 07:57:35 AM

Man, you just won't give up, will you? For the bold part, you refuted nothing. You are just saying that Bitcoin does not exist without proving anything. When someone asks you a question you don't have the answer to, you ignore that question or you state it has nothing to do with this thread.
Snowshow (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2022, 08:08:28 AM

Wo, that is a really bizarre comment, since the only things I have mentioned are the properties of bitcoin, the elements that you have missed, etc.  These are also things that others have also posted in these comments.  And, since you actively side step and ignore these elements of bitcoin I had to add about your constant evasion of these basic things, and so noticing this evasion is a big part of this thread.

There seem to be too many elements that you are ignoring, I don't have time to go through all of them, I have other things to do, and this is why I passed along that article.  If you'd read it you would learn some things that you are completely missing.

Or, like I already mentioned, and I repeat, it would seem you are actively ignoring these elements of bitcoin that I and others have passed along within this thread. You say that you only care about "facts and arguments", but you only seem to ignore "facts and arguments".  It would seem that this is really your main dilemma.

Elements of bitcoin? First you must show bitcoin instead of refering to the system that just stores and protects numbers according to some cryptographic protocols. You must show the thing that a person supposedly bought in the quantity indicated by a number attached to their address. People are not buying nodes, blockchain, protocols or other elements of Satoshi's system. But supposedly some coins called Bitcoins. Where are they?

So, show me bitcoin and not your opinion about me. Nobody cares about your opinions on forum users.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: