Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:16:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down  (Read 203821 times)
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:02:04 PM

Please support the current effort we are undertaking and give Maciej a little more time, he still has 3 jobs in parallel: to do his removal, to reimburse coins AND to consult us in our new project.

after you've fucked me in all possible ways
I could easily said that Bitmarket was hacked, I have no money to refund and you'll never see your money. You could never tell if I'm telling the truth. Then I would be messing around with you in every possible way. But I didn't.

And how exactly would you know that $230 was the top? You could as well wait "so it'll rise more" and then panic sell at $60. That's the point - you can't tell that for sure. That's why you can't blame me for the opportunity lost, because you can't be certain if you would use that opportunity. You *can* blame me for letting this happen and that your funds are frozen right now, but nothing else. And for that I am deeply sorry and I'm doing everything I can to fix this.

Some really good consultant, I must say. Bit Allo Allo is a bust before it began.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mralbi

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 10:05:31 PM

loss of opportunity is very unfortunate, and it happened to all of us, but as hard as it is for each individual, this cannot be taken into consideration for potential reimbursements. You could have bought back bitcoins "immediately" after the loss was announced.

M4v3R

Activity: 607

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:26:21 PM

I could easily said that Bitmarket was hacked, I have no money to refund and you'll never see your money. You could never tell if I'm telling the truth. Then I would be messing around with you in every possible way. But I didn't.

Some really good consultant, I must say. Bit Allo Allo is a bust before it began.

I could, but I chose not to. Can you tell the difference?

Anyway, this discussion clearly isn't going anywhere, so that's my last word on this topic here. I will only post relevant updates regarding the refund process here (which will also be posted on bitmarket.eu).
kakobrekla

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:39:45 PM

I could, but I chose not to. Can you tell the difference?

Anyway, this discussion clearly isn't going anywhere, so that's my last word on this topic here. I will only post relevant updates regarding the refund process here (which will also be posted on bitmarket.eu).

Yeah, best to run away.

hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:56:45 AM

Let's make things clear here folks, Bitalo is NOT bitmarket.eu v2.

Bitalo is entirely built from scratch, and the only connection it has with bitmarket.eu is its community and userbase. Nothing else.
The investors of Bitalo are nice enough to provide the funds to reimburse the bitcoins lost by bitmarket.eu because they believe in Bitcoin and its community.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
kakobrekla

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:47:21 PM

Let's make things clear here folks, Bitalo is NOT bitmarket.eu v2.

To make it a little clearer, they are advised by some incompetent douche who managed to lose part of his clients in a hack and gambled away the second part of his clients money.

Bitalo is entirely built from scratch, and the only connection it has with bitmarket.eu is its community and userbase. Nothing else.

And is now selling customer information to some 3rd party. What a great scammy job!

mralbi

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 05:05:14 PM

Bitalo is NOT buying user data (and will not), we have paid Maciej for reproducing the source code for the website functionality and will be paying for further technical consultancy.

Regarding the user base, there will be no connection. Every user would have to sign up from scratch and Bitalo is neither taking over users nor is Bitalo using bitmarket.eu database for any marketing purposes.

M4v3R

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:27:08 AM

A quick update:

As of now, about 15,000 EUR has been refunded to 61 different users from the first batch. I'm still waiting for information from some users about receiving Bitcoin address to send them funds. After this is completed, I will proceed with sending funds to remaining users. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:37:20 AM

Time for the scammer tag.
I think that after the recents hacks on the website, the webmaster told himself "fuck it, I'm gonna steal from my users too".
Bitcoin value decreases when you do that. That's no good.

You have no idea how much time I've spent to help my users with these hacks (which were not compromises of Bitmarket security). And I didn't get anything in return. If I wanted to steal the money, I'd just announce that I got hacked and whole wallet was stolen. But I want to be completely honest with my users. That doesn't make the funds magically appear, but I believe it's the right thing to do.

Why doesn't he have SCAMMER TAG yet ?

I mean, he gambled with people's money and lost. I do not understand this...

chiliftw

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:48:59 AM

I think that after the recents hacks on the website, the webmaster told himself "fuck it, I'm gonna steal from my users too".

You have no idea how much time I've spent to help my users with these hacks (which were not compromises of Bitmarket security). And I didn't get anything in return. If I wanted to steal the money, I'd just announce that I got hacked and whole wallet was stolen. But I want to be completely honest with my users. That doesn't make the funds magically appear, but I believe it's the right thing to do.

Because a real scammer would not post any longer or pay anything back - a real scammer just disappears and runs with your money... I received some BTC from M4V3R four days ago. I won´t cover my losses but it´s better than nothing. So IMHO M4V3R is not a scammer but just a guy who made a huge mistake and trying to deal with it.
kakobrekla

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:56:45 AM

Because a real scammer would not post any longer or pay anything back - a real scammer just disappears and runs with your money... I received some BTC from M4V3R four days ago. I won´t cover my losses but it´s better than nothing. So IMHO M4V3R is not a scammer but just a guy who made a huge mistake and trying to deal with it.

Well, you could use the IDIOT tag, at least.

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:06:11 AM

No matter. Still a scammer.

GsR

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:38:25 AM

This is the definition of scammer from Urbandirectory

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scammer

One who does everything in his/her power to steal from another, usually by means of trickery, deceit, and force. With the accesibility and anonymousity that the internet provides, scammers have become increasingly prevalent in modern times. Usually driven by personal greed or even outright amusement, they are unhindered by sympathy or morals and are the very face of human corruption.

I don't think this definition apply to M4v3R

manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:16:09 AM

I lost 110.9 BTC with Bitmarket and M4v3R at the Helm. Would't call him a scammer, untrustworthy may be a better word. I was careless, as where all the other users of BM who lost coins. Should be a clear warning, do not keep more coins at any exchange than absolutely necessary.
As the old saying goes "If you don't hold it, you don't own it".  Use paper wallet or whatever suits best.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:39:58 AM

I lost 110.9 BTC with Bitmarket and M4v3R at the Helm. Would't call him a scammer, untrustworthy may be a better word.

Ok whatever, UNTRUSTWORTHY it is then.

transientm

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 09:59:29 AM

Hi, I opted to get the full refund in smaller regular amounts, and I was wondering if there's any update on when we'll get out first payments.

And to the others, stop griping! Mav3r may have fucked up but at least we're getting something back. He could have easily just ignored what happened and not offered anything. It may take a while to get back our coins but hopefully it'll be a steady return, and its better than a kick in the teeth
M4v3R

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:10:49 AM

Hi, I opted to get the full refund in smaller regular amounts, and I was wondering if there's any update on when we'll get out first payments.

First payments for everyone that lost funds in december should arrive next week. To be included please make sure that you wrote your Bitcoin withdrawal address in the Payiut info box on your account page after logging in on Bitmarket.eu website.
transientm

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:49:31 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2013, 03:38:47 PM by transientm

Already done and waiting Smiley do we get a rough idea of % of total we get back in this payment?
transientm

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:51:13 PM

Are any more payments being done this week? I saw a load of payments were sent out on Monday but there's been nothing since, and I'm still waiting on my first payment
M4v3R

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:48:30 PM

I completed another batch of payments today. As of today about 10% of the debt is refunded. You can find more information in the updates section on Bitmarket.eu.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: