Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:33:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down  (Read 203822 times)
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:50:00 PM

Mahkul, any comments on the suggestion I made in my last post?

Sorry, a little but under pressure today with all the events.

We will put something in place that will show Paypal separately or something similar. I will think about it tomorrow and get back to you (2 AM nearly here).

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maninas

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 01:18:35 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2011, 04:12:04 PM by maninas

Mahkul, any comments on the suggestion I made in my last post?

Sorry, a little but under pressure today with all the events.

We will put something in place that will show Paypal separately or something similar. I will think about it tomorrow and get back to you (2 AM nearly here).

Cheers

I understand, today was a hard day for everyone involved in bitcoin. I myself have lost most of my sleep because of it, lately (it's 4:20 am here).

Back on our discussion, putting Paypal separately does not solve any problems. It actually generates new, as it fragments the market, since now you can have multiple ask/bid options at once and then that ability will be gone.

What I believe you should do is modally inform Paypal users, who's responsibility is it to pay the fees. Since trading involves buying low and selling high, it only makes sense for buyers to pay fees. Once that is out of the way, you have to research which countrie pairs do NOT support 0% fee Personal transactions as I've said before. I know thus far that there is no such option for Germans when they buy from me (I'm not German myself). I suppose this applies universally for German transactions towards any other country. But I can buy from Germans and send funds as Personal payments with absolutely 0% transfer fees. Same for all others as far as I have seen, either I buy or sell. Considering that the vast majority of your users are Germans, it only makes sense to implement such a feature.

So, after you've researched which countries require fees for transfer, you'll just have to tweak your auto-match algorithm so as to NOT match those that require fees.  Or, for an even better solution, make it an option so that if one wants most chances to have his offer matched, he can opt-in to pay for fees, should it be needed to.

As I see it, this solution is not only a win-win for all parties (you, buyers, sellers), but also the most elegant solution to Paypal transactions from any other implementation from any market that has accepted it so far. And as soon as you have it set up, from there on it's entirely end-to-end; no more whining from user's that the other party doesn't want to pay for fees.
Waldschrat

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:13:31 PM

just, out of curiosity: did you just restructure the offers and limited them to show only 10 ask and 10 bid offers? If so, thumbs up! Smiley

M4v3R

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:51:10 PM

just, out of curiosity: did you just restructure the offers and limited them to show only 10 ask and 10 bid offers? If so, thumbs up! Smiley

Yeah, that's what I've did, and the Market now loads a whole lot faster Smiley.
maninas

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:32:02 PM

Yeah, that's what I've did, and the Market now loads a whole lot faster Smiley.

And what if we want to check a specific currency's market depth beyond the 10 offer scope, as we did before? :/
M4v3R

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:44:11 PM

I've added a link on the Market main page (the one without offers) to show all offers. Now I think everyone will be happy Smiley.
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:48:25 PM

I've added a link on the Market main page (the one without offers) to show all offers. Now I think everyone will be happy Smiley.

There is no such scenario where everyone is happy. Wink
sonba

Activity: 395

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:08:30 PM

Maybe if you change the donation for you guys in a payment for buyers AND sellers (you use our side - we pay you), everybody is happy? Oh wait, not the admins... dang - won't work either Sad
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 09:01:31 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2011, 09:26:50 PM by Grouver

I find it sad you need to prove your self in ways wich are not possible for some of us.

Like said..

*Don't own an ebay account
*Coinpal is down
*The btc irc trade channel is quite complicated and uses a old system.
*Forum reputation?

You guys are now the only big guys in the EU right now.
I want to stay away from fees that I need to pay to exchange euros into USD.

I hope you guys are gonna start working on more ways people can prove there selfs trust worthy.

Hopefully this reply will get heard.

Grouver (BtcBalance)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 09:36:33 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2011, 10:14:05 PM by Grouver

Using external services where you might have a history is an elegant and low effort way of doing this.

I totally agree but if they only could add more of these ways to verify your self?
This would be good and attract more people to register and actually go trading.

do you at least have a sourceforge or github account?

How would a sourceforge or github account prove that iam trust worthy?

No offense, but complaining how difficult stuff is and not providing a viable alternative is not the bitcoin spirit.

I do not agree.
I mention this since I guess iam not the only one that is strugling with buying bitcoins in the EU without making a bank transfer to some bulgarian guy.
And since Bitmarket.eu is the biggest boss here I wonder if maybe other people may agree and even have viable alternatives.
So yeah, I do not have an alternative but I do bring a lack in front to help improve the position of bitmarket.eu

M4v3R

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:40:53 AM

Hi Grouver,

We are very flexible in finding ways to verify people. I saw you tried to contact us once, but because our hired staff for handling verifications didn't manage to handle your case. Still, we are verifying people based on other means. For example - you probably work somewhere, right? It's sufficient for us to send us a message from a domain owned by some company. So you can pick "other" verification method and drop us details about this, then send a message from your corporate account to prove that you own it. As ptmhd, sourceforge, github, or basically ANY online activity could be used to verify you. Just be creative Smiley.
Grouver (BtcBalance)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 11:05:24 AM

Hi Grouver,

We are very flexible in finding ways to verify people. I saw you tried to contact us once, but because our hired staff for handling verifications didn't manage to handle your case. Still, we are verifying people based on other means. For example - you probably work somewhere, right? It's sufficient for us to send us a message from a domain owned by some company. So you can pick "other" verification method and drop us details about this, then send a message from your corporate account to prove that you own it. As ptmhd, sourceforge, github, or basically ANY online activity could be used to verify you. Just be creative Smiley.

Gotcha, thanks a bunch for this.
This is not very clear in the verify form itself though.

ancow

Activity: 373

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 07:40:05 PM

While this is somewhat of an improvement, it still isn't particularly useful. To provide an example:
I have a bank account in England and am interested in trading GBP via local wire transfer. Right now, on the GBP site, there are 8 offers for paypal only, one for a local wire transfer in the Czech Republic, and one for one coin that might actually interest me.
The main problem with both this and the page that simply shows everything is that I have to do detective work to find a relatively small amount of offers that are of interest to me, and the rest are hidden either because of the cut-off or because they are between a bunch of offers that I don't care about.

As I see it, there are two ways of solving this:
  • Add pagination to the individual currency offers.
  • Add a proper filtering system so that I could search for (e.g.) "GBP or EUR offered via local wire transfer in Britain or Germany".
Of course, having both would be preferable. Wink
I guess the first way would be a nice quick fix, the second one a somewhat more long-term solution. (also, I think the second idea would make the market even more attractive)

BTC: 1GAHTMdBN4Yw3PU66sAmUBKSXy2qaq2SF4
remssik

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:42:52 PM

@Bitmarket, would you be open to considering adding Dwolla as an option? It may speed things up and the fee is distributed to both parties (25 cents per transaction on each end, which is often better than any percentage). If you'd like to have sellers pay fees, then one could arrange for it, similar to how it is was done via Paypal.

If you could do this, it'd be appreciated, as otherwise I have to sell BTC for PPUSD, put PPUSD in my bank, and withdraw elsewhere. I think a bunch of us may be in the same boat.
b1tc01n_wh0r3

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 11:31:40 PM

Paypal guidelines changed!
PLEASE READ THIS if you use Paypal, if you don't, you can get yourself trouble. Because of some confusion about who should pay the Paypal fees, we are changing our FAQ to reflect the most common situation: now the seller pays the Paypal fees. This is because, when you send money Paypal via Paypal you often don't have a choice besides choosing that seller will pay the fee. It happened to us many times and we have to make it an official rule to avoid more confusion.
Additionally, when buying with Paypal, please don't mention "Bitcoin", "coin", or any other currency-revelant words in your payment description. Please just put the your username/email and transaction ID there.

This pretty much kills paypal as an option for the seller, at least for me. I had about 10 transactions using paypal as a seller so far, and not once did I have a problem with someone who didn't pay the fees. I just included that information in the payment details. If anyone forgot, I would just send the money back and tell the buyer to include the fee, which everyone did so far.

Especially for traders who want to get their money fast, this is a disappointment. bitmarket.eu is still a relatively slow option to get your hands on some coins, and I guess now it's even getting harder because less sellers will accept paypal. Sad Waiting three days or more for your coins or your money to arrive is just a pain.

Besides that: Good work, bitmarket! Cheesy

This chance is a result of a LOT of emails that we received from sellers complaining that the buyers either don't agree to pay the fees or that they are wasting too much time to explain this to them.

Any suggestions how we can keep everyone happy then?  Huh

maybe a stupid idea but what about equal parts of fees paid by both parties 50%-50% ?
maninas

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 12:53:41 AM

Admins, thanks for expanding the minimum offers that can be viewed for each currency. That helped a lot!
huayra.agera

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 03:37:35 PM

I'm waiting for my account to be confirmed here. Are there a lot of users of Paypal in Bitmarket.eu? I hope my forum reputation here is enough. Didn't do any damage, gave at least suggestive contributions to the community in various threads. =)

BTC: 1JMPScxohom4MXy9X1Vgj8AGwcHjT8XTuy
huayra.agera

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 03:46:13 PM

That was very fast! My account is now verified, I'll try some trading done. Thanks BitMarket.eu!

huayra.agera

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 09:30:14 PM

Hi, I requested a cancellation since the other party was not responding for like 5 hours now when my sell offer was sold. I already sent an e-mail to the admin, just thought maybe getting inputs here.

My BTC is still frozen, luckily it's a small amount, however if it was big and the other party did not/ or would not cancel the transaction, then my BTC are frozen for quite some time. I hope the admins can work this out. Thanks.

ancow

Activity: 373

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 12:26:04 AM

5h might be a bit low. I just had to wait 5 days with no communication, but in the end the transaction went through.

BTC: 1GAHTMdBN4Yw3PU66sAmUBKSXy2qaq2SF4
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: