Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:53:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features  (Read 180997 times)
Fargusson

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:24:09 AM

List me as part of the dev team! I like to show off to my friends.

Listed Wink

Thanks for your work man
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:54:26 AM

oh man, over 200 B fedoracoin around. who's got all this shit??
they revived the website, but i'tll be much harder to revive the price.
hyeoam

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:55:13 AM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/TIPS

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:02:43 AM

This is the 2nd Revival thread for FedoraCoin TIPS, I was part of the 1st...Until the Dev's stepped back in & took over, But I'm hoping this will work Wink
DarkVenu

Activity: 277

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:40:07 PM

oh man, over 200 B fedoracoin around. who's got all this shit??
they revived the website, but i'tll be much harder to revive the price.

You are ridicolous.

I reported you for offensive language, go away haters  Kiss
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:44:19 PM

seriously? with all the swearing that you can find in here?

anyway here's the position in the rank:

54    FedoraCoin   $ 257,015   $ 1.2e-06   206,933,861,334 TIPS

good old days when it was over 1m market cap and in the top 40.
emelac

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:34:41 PM

When I got my first lot of TIPS just after Christmas there were only 30 or 40 coins listed on coinmarketcap. Today there are 208 coins listed, which is a lot more competition than a few months ago. In addition, the price of bitcoin has plummetted to less than half the value it was when I first brought TIPs. When bitcoin prices go up I guess TIPS prices will probably go up and TIPS might go over it's previous 1m market cap.
Painful Truth

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:17:06 PM

hope this is no aprils fools...  Grin

love the logo!
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:31:34 PM

What we need to do is build an economy around Fedoracoin.  We have taken steps to move in that direction.  With Hercules1600 site http://worldof.tips/ you can buy and sell with Fedoracoin. The payment processor https://pay.withfedoraco.in/.  I have an auction site that I will be launching once the payment processor can get to it.  I also have a separate donation site that I am going to launch that will be for charities and we also can use the http://fedora-foundation.net/ for charities.

We really just need more people to get involved and start creating an ecosystem of Mining, Buying, and Selling goods for Fedoracoin.  When that starts getting established I believe that we can get the price moving in an upward direction.  Also we need merchants not to convert Fedoracoins into fiat or other coins to help solidify the Fedoracoin economy, this will be a tough one.

All ideas are welcome and I would like to get them acted upon as quick as possible.  If the community likes the idea then we will try our best to make it happen and as quick as we can.
ask4MORE

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:54:32 PM

I think that we need a trading fund to pump the price and to keep it at a certain value. Miners/investors will come when the coin will be more profitable.
txiki73

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:00:56 PM

I think that we need a trading fund to pump the price and to keep it at a certain value. Miners/investors will come when the coin will be more profitable.

+1
eyebeetle

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:09:49 PM

As awesome and admirable the community's efforts are to make this coin work, I just don't see that happening anymore. And before anyone yells out "FUD!", read what I have to say please and rebut any observations and assumptions I've made if you think I'm wrong.

I've been watching this coin since it first came out and to me, it's past the point where it can be popular. I see barely anybody jumping on the TiPS wagon now, for starters, even with this rebrand launch. Not to mention the fact it's still tied to the "atheist coin" image. I heard someone here mention that the vast majority of the world population doesn't know anything about the "tips fedora" and "atheist fedora" meme. And yes, that is true. But let's face it: where do all of these coin communities start? Internet communities like this one. The first adopters of most, if not all cryptocurrency are avid internet users, and it's those people that know about the meme. The coin's been around for almost 4 months, that is more than enough time to deter people from taking this coin seriously simply because of its name.

It's a damn shame to see this coin falling down after so much has been done to revitalize it. A lot of talented people are behind this coin. I think that the only way to revive the coin and get a lot more usage is if people went out and "evangelized", so to speak, similar to what dogecoin people have done.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 04:35:40 PM

Can you provide some details on how we can get started on this?  Sounds good, but I don't know how this works.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 04:44:44 PM

As awesome and admirable the community's efforts are to make this coin work, I just don't see that happening anymore. And before anyone yells out "FUD!", read what I have to say please and rebut any observations and assumptions I've made if you think I'm wrong.

I've been watching this coin since it first came out and to me, it's past the point where it can be popular. I see barely anybody jumping on the TiPS wagon now, for starters, even with this rebrand launch. Not to mention the fact it's still tied to the "atheist coin" image. I heard someone here mention that the vast majority of the world population doesn't know anything about the "tips fedora" and "atheist fedora" meme. And yes, that is true. But let's face it: where do all of these coin communities start? Internet communities like this one. The first adopters of most, if not all cryptocurrency are avid internet users, and it's those people that know about the meme. The coin's been around for almost 4 months, that is more than enough time to deter people from taking this coin seriously simply because of its name.

It's a damn shame to see this coin falling down after so much has been done to revitalize it. A lot of talented people are behind this coin. I think that the only way to revive the coin and get a lot more usage is if people went out and "evangelized", so to speak, similar to what dogecoin people have done.

I agree that we do need to start getting the word out better and recruiting new people and people that have left the community.  Maybe we can get some kind of charity involved  where we donate for a good cause.  We know there are enough bad things happening to people everyday, that we can find and help with. 

If you have any ideas we can try to get them started pretty quick.  I have noticed that the causes seem to be a good way to get attention and dogecoin doesn't have to be the only coin that does it.  We have plenty of coins, so we should try to make use of them.
Fargusson

Activity: 392

Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:45:31 PM

I totally agree with you on the last point, we have to bring new people here to join the adventure.

That's why we launched simultaneously yesterday a french thread that you can find here.

We also created an official Twitter account, and launched a new Facebook group a few days ago.

So jump in and start evangelizing Grin

EDIT: See also WigitGetIt post above

id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:09:09 PM

I agree that we do need to start getting the word out better and recruiting new people and people that have left the community.  Maybe we can get some kind of charity involved  where we donate for a good cause.  We know there are enough bad things happening to people everyday, that we can find and help with. 

If you have any ideas we can try to get them started pretty quick.  I have noticed that the causes seem to be a good way to get attention and dogecoin doesn't have to be the only coin that does it.  We have plenty of coins, so we should try to make use of them.

I also think we need an awesome slogan to be associated with TiPS-Fedoracoin that people can use all the time and feel cool about it Cheesy, something witty and funny and catchy. I believe a great reason for the doge success is their funny much wow, very coins thing going. Maybe some of you who know the meme can invent something like that, because I still don't get the meme! Is it a tip of the hat thing? then we should start finding cool photos of people with hats and writing funny slogans beneath or something like that? the photo of the doge, with the funny smily dog and it's silly ways of talking is so catchy (similar to why silly cat photos are so loved on the internet). We need a slogan, or way of talking in sending tips, well you get the point Smiley
Any ideas?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
pechak

Activity: 97

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:10:24 PM

Can you provide some details on how we can get started on this?  Sounds good, but I don't know how this works.

Or you might interested with this.... Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447826.220
ask4MORE

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:27:47 PM

There are a few things we have to do.

Find the minium value that we want TIPS to reach in order to attract investors and miners. In my oppinion this value is around 20-22, at the current difficulty. If the difficulty increasese so should the value in order to keep the same profitability ratio. If the price reaches 20 (0.00000020 LTC) at this difficulty we would be as profitable as dogecoin.

After that we need the help of all the people that bought tips high or low (30-40/9-10-11) and wait for the first opportunity tu dump the coins. For ex. if you buy at 10 it's a great opportunity to dump at 20, you have 100% profit or if you buy at 40 again it's a good opportunity to dump at 20. We need to make them realise that in order to help the coin, the community and their wallet, it is best to not dump the coins at the first price rise.

If the community helps us the fund will have to be about half of the daily traded tips volume but if everyone starts dumping their coins at the first price rise then the trading fund will have to be a lot bigger.

The tactic is quite simple if you have the right ammount of LTC. In my oppinion the first step should be pumping the price until it reaches 15 and then keeping it there until we have buy orders above our buy wall. This is not a pump and dump so we need people and investors to follow the trend, the fund will be there only to mantain the minium value we need to have in order to keep our profitability ratio. After that we should pump the price until it reaches 20-22 and try to keep it here, even though it will be a bit difficult.

We need to set a new trend (ascending) and make sure it doesn't reverse. If we can do this for a few days i'm sure that we will get the attention we need in order to make this coin a "star".

If this thing really happens, the coin wil need extra marketing and maybe someone will find an athlete/a team(LOL/CS GO/any game played in international competitions)/something that has as much visibility as possible and we can offer him/her/them a donation to get the internet's/media's attention.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 06:00:22 PM

There are a few things we have to do.

Find the minium value that we want TIPS to reach in order to attract investors and miners. In my oppinion this value is around 20-22, at the current difficulty. If the difficulty increasese so should the value in order to keep the same profitability ratio. If the price reaches 20 (0.00000020 LTC) at this difficulty we would be as profitable as dogecoin.

After that we need the help of all the people that bought tips high or low (30-40/9-10-11) and wait for the first opportunity tu dump the coins. For ex. if you buy at 10 it's a great opportunity to dump at 20, you have 100% profit or if you buy at 40 again it's a good opportunity to dump at 20. We need to make them realise that in order to help the coin, the community and their wallet, it is best to not dump the coins at the first price rise.

If the community helps us the fund will have to be about half of the daily traded tips volume but if everyone starts dumping their coins at the first price rise then the trading fund will have to be a lot bigger.

The tactic is quite simple if you have the right ammount of LTC. In my oppinion the first step should be pumping the price until it reaches 15 and then keeping it there until we have buy orders above our buy wall. This is not a pump and dump so we need people and investors to follow the trend, the fund will be there only to mantain the minium value we need to have in order to keep our profitability ratio. After that we should pump the price until it reaches 20-22 and try to keep it here, even though it will be a bit difficult.

We need to set a new trend (ascending) and make sure it doesn't reverse. If we can do this for a few days i'm sure that we will get the attention we need in order to make this coin a "star".

If this thing really happens, the coin wil need extra marketing and maybe someone will find an athlete/a team(LOL/CS GO/any game played in international competitions)/something that has as much visibility as possible and we can offer him/her/them a donation to get the internet's/media's attention.

Okay.  So my next question is: How does the community and crypto enthusiasts feel about something like this.  I would think this is something that would be frowned upon, as it is basically artificial inflation and dependent upon the fund holder.  Like I said I am just asking, to get a feel. 
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:25:58 PM

sweet!

Now if i could only get my tips out of cryptorush : (
wew im glad i changed my mind. my tips were sitting in the exact exchange for weeks, good thing i changed my mind. remember the owners can run anytime with the coins 24/7/365. also they could get in accident.

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: