Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:35:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features  (Read 180997 times)
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:08:55 PM

good, looking forward to see that up. I don't use facebook any onger, it's a crappy social for kids and idiots, but it's the most used. Why doesn't someone try to build a specific app for other social? fedora could be the best coin to be used around: it's still cheap (dogecoin is not) and at this stage with fair distribution and no manipulation on the protocol could deliver some results. take advantage over reddcoin which is failing miserably after the pos transformation and the stupid velocity thing they introduced. just my two cents
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vsmamm

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:49:41 AM

why you guys make a new thread about tips? it's looks more beautiful, but why not just edit the old thread?  Shocked

Fargusson

Activity: 392

Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:38:18 PM

Just transmitting a post made on the old thread a few hours ago that should interest everyone:

█ ★Fedoracoin (TIPS) → Now Live on: http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/Fedoracoin

P.s: Have you voted for TiPS on CoinWarz today ?
orinoco

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

<3 big picture

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:07:52 AM

I posted this on another coin I follow, but I think it also applies here, possibly more-so given we have the coin-mixing already implemented.

First.. a question

What are the long-term strategic plans to increase adoption of TiPS and its use as a currency?

I had a look at the first post in this thread, and a quick scan of the reddit and FB pages, and am none the wiser.

Ok, so that was a loaded question.  I like TiPS - for a few reasons.

1.  Lots of coins = enough for actual use as public adoption of cryptocoins grows
2.  Age of the coin - time and declining value is a really good fix for distribution, and more holders means less chance of a HUGE dump killing the value for users (spenders/merchants)
3.  POW-based  (POS has some inherent long-term issues)
4.  Active community
5.  Coin mixing (if its still working?  I should investigate this more - might be willing to be a node too)

So this next bit I posted for another coin I follow, but after thinking about it this morning, I decided that it applies equally well, if not better, to Fedora TiPS.

IMO what we need for TiPS to succeed as a currency is:

1.  Commercial purpose (utility = value)
2.  Marketing

Marketing is the easy part.  The tricky part is commercial purpose and making a currency which works i.e. which can be used to obtain goods/services or as an exchange of value.  We need things like:

commerce tools for merchants
  • Plugins for supporting ECC on various ecommerce carts (Woo-commerce, Magento and Opencart)
    • Check-out payment with ECC
    • Pricing in ECC (i.e. treat similar to Forex - price based on exchange rate)
  • Merchant wallet integration for said carts (transaction lists, balances, outstanding invoices etc.)
    • 3rd party hosted wallet service integration (so merchants don't need to run their own wallet server/dameon/blockchain host)
    • Direct wallet/daemon wallet (for merchants who want control, have the space, and can set it up and run it themselves, and be a node)

Improved tools for users
  • mobile wallets for android, iphone
  • merchant directory of supporting vendors (geolocation, search, etc.)
  • crypto-ATM support
  • p2p marketplace

Sure, all the things like decentralised marketplaces, online contracts and asset-exchanges are sexy, but this is an emerging market, and the fact is 99.9999% of online and physical commerce happens via existing retail channels, and its a market which is being largely ignored by the crypto market in the face of fads and fashion, and ideology.

It seems that cryptocoins as a segment are currently failing at being actual currencies.  Everyone's trying to think 10 steps down the line to replacing fiat currencies and exchange mechanisms, and ignoring the obvious step of working alongside them using existing infrastructure.

I think a strong focus on leveraging those existing channels, even if we only achieve a tiny percentage of merchants, will show vastly more growth and increased awareness among the general public than any decentralised asset exchange.  

The crypto community is small, really small.

The whole market cap of Bitcoin is less than the value of some app-store apps.  What we should be trying to do is increase the size/appeal of the crypto market, not fight for a share of it.  The old venture-capitalist adage about a smaller piece of a bigger pie applies here.  It doesn't take many merchants selling $5 items to create significant buying power.  $5 is around 7m TiPS.

Twitter: Omnipreneur
Fargusson

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:47:09 AM

Hi orinoco.

Thanks for your post, really. I just quoted that only line because I think you pointed out the most important thing here.

It seems that cryptocoins as a segment are currently failing at being actual currencies.  Everyone's trying to think 10 steps down the line to replacing fiat currencies and exchange mechanisms, and ignoring the obvious step of working alongside them using existing infrastructure.

At TiPS we also try to think that way. That's why we didn't focus on bringing new fancy features lately, but on giving TiPS some visibility around there on the Internet, coming along with a fairly great tool, w/Fedoracoin, that can be used to easily implement a FedoraCoin payment Gateway in almost any website (if it is what you meant by "plugins").
We also focused on the cross-platform side of TiPS with Android, Windows, Mac and Linux wallets.

That's why I think we have all the tools to move on.

Sure merchant directory and ATM localization will be the next step, whenever we will have set some foot outside the Internet. By now we are trying to catch some new eyes in order to, eventually, make some new merchants accept FedoraCoin.

I heard you when you say that we made too much marketing. IMHO we make marketing because in the team, hercules1600 already made his great e-shop http://worldof.tips ! We are by now in need for new talents or more likely existing merchants to adopt FedoraCoin as a payment option. And to make them aware of our existence, well, needs marketing.
orinoco

<3 big picture

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:31:08 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 12:56:43 PM by orinoco

I heard you when you say that we made too much marketing. IMHO we make marketing because in the team, hercules1600 already made his great e-shop http://worldof.tips ! We are by now in need for new talents or more likely existing merchants to adopt FedoraCoin as a payment option. And to make them aware of our existence, well, needs marketing.

Glad to see a reply here, thanks!

I've bolded what I think is the crux of the matter, and where cryptocoins are largely failing.  Its great to see acknowledgement of that by one of the community managers for this coin!

Global b2c e-commerce (i.e. retail) is expected to hit $1.5 trillion this year (one source) , so tapping into that market in any way has to be a good thing, especially in developing economies in Asia-Pacific where the standard payments clearing/credit market is less saturated than in the European/American markets.

Providing the tools to help merchants integrate TiPS with their e-commerce sites would be a huge step, and something which,coupled with appropriate marketing, could see actual adoption of TiPS as a currency.  Even a couple of merchants with tiny turnover could make a real difference.. a single $100 purchase of fedora tips to pay for goods would be noticeable on cryptsy.  Finding out which e-commerce platforms are cheapest/easiest to target for extensions would be a good first step - I listed three good ones in my above post.

The concern I have about marketing is that general awareness in itself is not necessarily a positive thing.  One of the projects listed on myfedora.tips is "Advertise on Reddit", and the questions I find myself asking is "advertise what features? to which target customer segment?".  The content on the fedoraco.in is similarly lacking in positioning.

My impression is Fedora TiPS is being positioned not as a currency, but as a goodwill tipping tool used for forums/fun, which undermines any message of being taken seriously as a currency.  If Fedora TiPS gets a reputation as "funny forum tipping currency" it will be harder to convince that same audience to take it seriously and buy actual goods/services with it.

There is a nod to "mining" and "trading" as activities, but those don't create value or interest.. plenty of other coins are dying with those abilities.  The ones which are succeeding are the ones which have found a niche customer segment and are positioning themselves at it.. the current fashionable ones being "anonymous payments", "decentralised marketplace", and "secure contracts".  Pretty much every other coin is riding a wave of investors who don't know what they're looking for, and traders who're fleecing those investors for as much money as they can, i.e. an unsustainable market.

As an aside - you guys should be shouting from every available platform that coinjoin is already live with Fedoracoin - the latest news of delays from Darkcoin is an opportunity to gain mindshare in the anonymous space, which is a subset of the potential "serious commerce" userbase.

Anyway, enough about my thoughts, I'm just a bloke with a B Comp.Sci and an MBA who has opinions on stuff I read and think about in my spare time.  I tip my hat [sic] to those of you who're actually spending time building community and managing projects, and I've been willing to make a small acquisition (20m) of TiPS as a long-term bet.  I think this coin has a reasonable feature-set to meet the needs of actual global general commerce, more than any other large-numbered coin I've seen.

If I see more concrete positioning statements and plans, I'll buy a lot more, lock it up, and shout about the coin and its future!

And now I need to go investigate the old Fedora threads about coinjoin and figure out what's required to test it, whether there are any active nodes, and what it takes to set up a node.  From reading between the lines, the source code isn't available?

Thanks for your attention and time!

Orinoco Womble.

orinoco

<3 big picture

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:16:40 PM

Here's the Fedora coin mixing thread following its release.. from Feb 17th no less!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471660.0

(posting it partly so I can find it easily tomorrow, and because it should be in this thread for people to read Smiley ).

Fargusson

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:46:55 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 09:05:02 PM by Fargusson

Glad to see a reply here, thanks!

I've bolded what I think is the crux of the matter, and where cryptocoins are largely failing.  Its great to see acknowledgement of that by one of the community managers for this coin!

Global b2c e-commerce (i.e. retail) is expected to hit $1.5 trillion this year (one source) , so tapping into that market in any way has to be a good thing, especially in developing economies in Asia-Pacific where the standard payments clearing/credit market is less saturated than in the European/American markets.

Providing the tools to help merchants integrate TiPS with their e-commerce sites would be a huge step, and something which,coupled with appropriate marketing, could see actual adoption of TiPS as a currency.  Even a couple of merchants with tiny turnover could make a real difference.. a single $100 purchase of fedora tips to pay for goods would be noticeable on cryptsy.  Finding out which e-commerce platforms are cheapest/easiest to target for extensions would be a good first step - I listed three good ones in my above post.

The concern I have about marketing is that general awareness in itself is not necessarily a positive thing.  One of the projects listed on myfedora.tips is "Advertise on Reddit", and the questions I find myself asking is "advertise what features? to which target customer segment?".  The content on the fedoraco.in is similarly lacking in positioning.

My impression is Fedora TiPS is being positioned not as a currency, but as a goodwill tipping tool used for forums/fun, which undermines any message of being taken seriously as a currency.  If Fedora TiPS gets a reputation as "funny forum tipping currency" it will be harder to convince that same audience to take it seriously and buy actual goods/services with it.

There is a nod to "mining" and "trading" as activities, but those don't create value or interest.. plenty of other coins are dying with those abilities.  The ones which are succeeding are the ones which have found a niche customer segment and are positioning themselves at it.. the current fashionable ones being "anonymous payments", "decentralised marketplace", and "secure contracts".  Pretty much every other coin is riding a wave of investors who don't know what they're looking for, and traders who're fleecing those investors for as much money as they can, i.e. an unsustainable market.

As an aside - you guys should be shouting from every available platform that coinjoin is already live with Fedoracoin - the latest news of delays from Darkcoin is an opportunity to gain mindshare in the anonymous space, which is a subset of the potential "serious commerce" userbase.

Anyway, enough about my thoughts, I'm just a bloke with a B Comp.Sci and an MBA who has opinions on stuff I read and think about in my spare time.  I tip my hat [sic] to those of you who're actually spending time building community and managing projects, and I've been willing to make a small acquisition (20m) of TiPS as a long-term bet.  I think this coin has a reasonable feature-set to meet the needs of actual global general commerce, more than any other large-numbered coin I've seen.

If I see more concrete positioning statements and plans, I'll buy a lot more, lock it up, and shout about the coin and its future!

And now I need to go investigate the old Fedora threads about coinjoin and figure out what's required to test it, whether there are any active nodes, and what it takes to set up a node.  From reading between the lines, the source code isn't available?

Thanks for your attention and time!

Orinoco Womble.

Some mixing nodes should be available IMHO. Not sure that enough people are using it to make the transaction go well though. The code isn't indeed opensource.

We are advertizing about the Coin mixer from time to time, and it has the special place it deserves on http://fedoraco.in
Regardless, I just made a tweet and a Google+ post about it, just as a reminder Wink

Regarding the e-shop you suggested, I will try to contact them within a week if anyone else on the team didn't get in touch with them already. We also make regular posts about w/FedoraCoin on the social networks though.

Anyway thanks a lot for your feedback and ideas, it's always much appreciated!
I'll try to reconsider a bit the BTC post in order to make better advertizing about the coin mixer and w/FedoraCoin.

EDIT: Here it is! Slightly rewrited.

Fargusson

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:08:25 PM

why you guys make a new thread about tips? it's looks more beautiful, but why not just edit the old thread?  Shocked

That's a good question.

We've chosen that when we launched the new, restylized and rebranded FedoraCoin in order to make all the present and future announcement thread with an account that belong to the community, and not to the lead developper or whatever.

For that, if for any reason any of us have to leave TiPS (which won't happen without its load of tears and blood Wink ), the remainers can easily take over the announcement thread and edit it if needed.

Hope it answered your question
id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:49:25 AM

Orinoco Womble great thoughts and I hope you stay around because I think your contribution is valuable and we need such members in the community!
Fargusson, I think you forgot to add the link for the coin mixing article at the end of your post?

I would also like to repost an idea here since not all read the reddit posts, maybe some people would like to take it up and it would help us to spread into the physical realm and to the merchants:

Project proposition to spread the use of FedoraCoin as a tipping currency in the physical world

Idea:
- have you often noticed when buying in your local shops, even in non-english speaking countries, how they have their tipping jar next to the counter and written on it "Tips"?
- We need to provide them with an additional option of accepting TiPS as a tipping currency by a very simple process that they would be willing to try out.

Goal of project:
spreading the use of TiPS in local shops around the world as an accepted currency to receive tips from customers.
How it should work:
- this is just some basic reasoning of how this could work, but I leave it to you and to those who might even make a business out of it to explore the details and realize it on your own.
- either a sticker, or a cool designed construct from paperboard etc with the official FedoraCoin symbol on it and a QR code.
- the customers need to have the FedoraCoin app on their mobile, then they would just need to scan the code and send the tip they want to.
- the shop owner can then sell those coins on exchanges for the currencies they desire, probably USD on cryptsy for example for US customers. not sure how w/FedoraCoin works, maybe they can provide services here..

Important technical details to make it possible:
- we first need a dedicated page (this can be a project worked on by programmers who want to earn money through this), the page provides the service for interested shop owners to provide them with all the info and tools they need in very simple 1,2,3 steps manner on how to start accepting TiPS.
- they would need to provide a simple and trusted tools where the shop owners can generate a paper wallet etc, and generate a QR code that they can print out.
- maybe provide a simple tool for the shop owners to check the status of their wallet, notifications every evening/week end on the status of the wallet and new income.
- you see where this is going.

if you want you might actually make a good business out of this, by providing this service you might be able to ask for a commission, like 1% of the tips received would be forwarded to your business, and for that you provide your customers with help and consulting etc.

So either those who want to make business with this, or some of you active programmers think its simple and the tools already exist (alas I'm not a programmer), you can provide the tools and links to the community, and then we start an initiative as a community, to go out in our areas print out the cool FedoraCoin "TiPS accepted" design on paper/constructs/3D prints etc and give them to our favourite shops and ask them to try it out, and then we become their first tippers and send them tips with our mobile apps whenever we shop there.

Other suggestions:
- the QR code could include info for those customers who don't have the FedoraCoin app, to be directed to a dedicated website when they scan the code, to get them educated about the currency and how to install the app.
- when somebody convinces a shop to accept/try TiPS, they can make a photo together, with the shop's name and the QR code visible, and those photos get published on a dedicated site. this will be considered a free ad for the shops, and additionally, the community can start sending tips to those new shops as encouragement since their QR code is now available.
- at a later stage, I can imagine waiters etc having a simple badge with FedoraCoin symbol and a QR code, the customers need just scan it with their phones and send TiPS.. (though I don't see why this should happen later when it is already possible today and all we need it to go out and start doing it)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
templebar

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:05:03 AM

There are some nice ideas going on here.
Let me pitch in mine too.

1. A web wallet.Credit with free 100/1000 tips when someone joins, which can be raised via community funding.
2. A template generator for a template, which displays the tips logo, a qr code and a catchy caption.

Use case.
As a user, I register at this website, which sets up my own personal tips account and give me the html script for a tips template.
I embed this template in my blog, and everytime some one likes my blog post, experienced users can donate via the QR code and for novices,
they can click on the url for web wallet, describe as 1 above, create an account and donate tip from there.

If we can get enough bloggers/website owners brought into this idea, we can reach to a lot of new people, if we can make the template design catchworthy.

Eventually in the longer term, when tips become main stream, we could replace the thumbsup/like logo in websites with tips logo. Smiley
orinoco

<3 big picture

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:38:06 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 09:48:34 AM by orinoco

Orinoco Womble great thoughts and I hope you stay around because I think your contribution is valuable and we need such members in the community!

Thats very nice of you to say so.   Being new to the current incarnation of the cryptosphere, I'll probably be around a fair bit - I usually throw myself fairly deeply into new hobbies!

Project proposition to spread the use of FedoraCoin as a tipping currency in the physical world

Idea:
- have you often noticed when buying in your local shops, even in non-english speaking countries, how they have their tipping jar next to the counter and written on it "Tips"?
- We need to provide them with an additional option of accepting TiPS as a tipping currency by a very simple process that they would be willing to try out.

Goal of project:
spreading the use of TiPS in local shops around the world as an accepted currency to receive tips from customers.
How it should work:

Excuse the brain dump and the idea hijack; its not intended as a hijack - I just like to reason this kind of idea into a model to assess feasibility, and doing it in public gives others a framework for discussing the idea further).. its akin to what I do for a living these days.  My background is needs analysis and solution development, originally software solutions, these days process-based.

Note that not all my blurb below is original - its derivative based on the work of id10tothe9 above, hence some overlap (like using 10's good idea of QR codes) Smiley

And also excuse any incomplete sentences, typos etc. - I've literally just written it all down and given it a rough structure, its not a polished document!

<analyst hat on>

Here's a rough process..

1.  Identify a problem
2.  Identify the user group(s) who need a solution
3.  Propose/develop a solution
4.  Marketing

So lets apply it to the above post by id10tothe9 titled Project proposition to spread the use of FedoraCoin as a tipping currency in the physical world

1. Problem

There is one big inherent problem with tipping in general.  I know people who work in hospitality, and the number of establishments where tip-distribution to staff is done on an uneven basis, or just not passed on to staff (especially credit-card tips added onto the bill) is disturbingly high.  To the point where when I'm paying for dinner with a credit card, I'll still leave a cash tip, as it has a higher chance of being disbursed to the staff.

2. User group(s)

• Hospitality employees, casual staff, and ethical owners of hospitality-industry businesses
  • People who want to tip

3.  Solution

Implement a piece of software either as a separate tool, or as features added to the Fedora wallet.  

The goal would be to provide a "front-end" address, and then automatically distribute tips sent to that address to an arbitrary number of registered addresses.

Useful features:

• QR codes to both present the front-end tip address, and also to register the wallets of tippees would be the ideal way to do it - phones are omnipresent these days.  e.g. Waiter A opens his TIPS wallet, generates an address, and then uses a wallet function to show a QR code which can be scanned by the "master tipping wallet" to register it
  • Optional automated de-registration of tippee addresses
  • Ability to export QR code from the (master) wallet as an image file (for simple printing or inclusion on menus/cards/napkins/etc., or just so the cafe owner can keep his staff wallet addresses handy to register without needing them to open their wallet each time)
  • Ability to schedule distribution from master address to registered addresses using an event-based approach (1-n specified times, or regular repeating intervals e.g. hourly) - Note time intervals rather than value-based distribution because that way it can be aligned with the shift roster, and because if its done by value and its a bad night/day, its possible noone would get paid!).
  • Automatic distribution of the tip "pot" immediately before any addresses are de-registered
  • Tipper receipt for initial tip
  • Tipper notification of disbursement of tip to n number of employees
  • Tippee notification of which/how many wallets received the tip they just got (so they can police the establishment owners - to make sure owners don't add extra addresses for themselves etc.)

4.  Marketing

Being needs-driven, once marketing is underway, the user groups will actually help with the rollout and awareness-raising of their own volition as the solution directly fixes problems they have.

Pick marketing channels where hospitality staff will come across them.. online ones (twitter/fb) and physical ones (bars - seriously, everyone I've met who works in hospitality goes through  a phase of drinking a lot after-hours with their work mates).  E.g. print some drink mats (aka coasters) with "fed up with your tips being stolen?" and a URL to the tool/info will get them picked up and taken home for investigation.

If it can be developed, and announced/communicated well enough, hospitality-industry staff will start using the tool because they want the solution, so the primary marketing barrier becomes getting tippers to have a wallet and some fedora TIPS to tip with.  This isn't as hard as it sounds - tipping is something people often lack confidence in in two key ways.  a) what the "right" amount should be, and b) whether the tippee's will actually receive it.  Point (a) is something we can't fix, but (b) is something which can definitely be addressed using the tool outlined above.

If establishments are showing the address and have a note about what its for, some tippers will follow the link and sort themselves out with a wallet etc. because they like the idea.  Especially if you target somewhere with an IT/technically savvy population for initial marketing.

Lastly, communicate the expected milestones in project announcement, but not the schedule (i.e. just the objectives) - that way if/when it runs late, noone starts to bitch!  So many software projects die before completion because deadlines are missed and the users get agro about it and move on!

Conclusion

Ok, so based on the rough analysis outlined in the above mess/points, it sounds to me like id10tothe9's idea has merit.

By which I mean that id10tothe9's initial proposal is solid as its written.  My running with it could be seen as a "future evolution of the concept" and was an exercise in me reasoning out whether the initial proposal was worth investment, or would be a dead end.

The deeper questions are:

• What does everyone else think?
  • Does it match the long-term goals of Fedoracoin?
  • Does the community want it?
  • Can the community find/interest developer(s) is building it?
  • How much will development cost?  Can the community afford it?
  • Is someone willing to project-manage the thing?  (I mean someone with real project-management experience/skills, as this is a reasonably complex delivery.. i.e. not just someone who sticks their hand up for everything they like the sound of Cheesy)

Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:05:21 PM

It seems pretty obvious to me ..

Our coin 'ticker' is "TiPS"

I'm all for any app that can facilitate the act of  'tipping'  ..
In the real world ..  bars, restaurants etc ..
In the digital world .. as appreciation for online content etc

We need a mobile TiPS app
We need an online TiPS button/tab that content providers can integrate with their web pages

Triff ..

mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:02:44 PM

Would also love to see artists and musicians be involved in receiving TIPS as appreciation for their work/inventions/ideas as well.

Orinco, id10tothe9 and templebar are nailing it here and are all essentially on the exact same page. Agree with their analysis!! This is what jbcoins and others were saying months ago I believe.

It seems pretty obvious to me ..

Our coin 'ticker' is "TiPS"

I'm all for any app that can facilitate the act of  'tipping'  ..
In the real world ..  bars, restaurants etc ..
In the digital world .. as appreciation for online content etc

We need a mobile TiPS app
We need an online TiPS button/tab that content providers can integrate with their web pages

Triff ..

orinoco

<3 big picture

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:06:59 AM

Would also love to see artists and musicians be involved in receiving TIPS as appreciation for their work/inventions/ideas as well.

Possibly target buskers?  (people who play music in public for tips - its a british term; my american friends thought I made the word up initially!)

If we can find a way to target buskers so that they put a QR code address and a brief explanation that it can be used to tip real currency using Fedora TIPS without the hassle of needing to find small change, that would be good exposure to the general populace.

One (big) challenge is its tricky to talk an average person through the whole exchange mechanism to go from fiat currency to TIPS (i.e. buy LTC/BTC without using credit card/paypal, join an exchange, exchange for TIPS, send to own wallet.. not exactly simple for most people).

Apostle4444

Activity: 832

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:56:08 AM

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

Keep voting for fedora Coin we are #3 atm
id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:06:00 AM

these are all awesome ideas and thanks orinoco for the detailed analysis! I guess next step would be talking with interested developers who can do the work and evaluate the efforts needed as you said. We could either do it as a project for the community in which case the devs get paid through fundraising, or it can be turned into a business idea where it's presented as a service and gets a small percentage of the tips in return, which ever model should work.
I guess the easiest way to find developers would be if we had a special place for announcements whenever a project is looking for devs. I'm still hoping we get a FedoraCoin forum for these things. The idea with the musicians is also great, I also remember the efforts of jbcoins and others back then and I'm sad I don't see him here anymore he had really good skills regarding marketing and management we could have really used. I proposed an idea also long ago about the ability to create short names to connect them to a public key, so artists don't have to print out a QR but eg. graffiti artists could sign with their special name and a symbol of FedoraCoin and passers by can send them tips that way. many ideas we have and a great potential because everything is still in the beginning and we have a huge market to expand too. we just need a little bit of coordination and working together. how do you propose we go on from here?

PS. I guess about buying TiPS this might be solved fairly quickly when cryptsy finally starts its planned USD, EUR implementation in the exchange. and I bet things will be much easier a year from now maybe paypal can be used then to buy TiPS directly. we just need to get ready by then Cheesy

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
tonyk

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:10:22 AM

Interesting project! I know I am too late, but where can I buy some TIPS. Sorry if this is known info and the question is slightly off topic.

icanprogram

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:56:08 AM

Interesting project! I know I am too late, but where can I buy some TIPS. Sorry if this is known info and the question is slightly off topic.

http://worldof.tips/buytips
icanprogram

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:56:55 AM

maybe paypal can be used then to buy TiPS directly

http://worldof.tips/buytips

We've already had that for a while Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: