Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:07:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features  (Read 180981 times)
lineagespook

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:22:40 PM

hey guys,

just added fedora coin to a newly launched forum www.bitcointelevision.ca , (its still in the works) (free package from wix till i get funds to subscribe)

(you can view it on the right side under channels)

feel free to post anything there

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:47:58 AM

MultiFaucet.tk
We provide TIPS Block Explorer and Faucet.
Now avaliable: faucet, search by address, rich list, daily info, network info, and more...
Join us!

Great. How to donate in TIPS??
I think 10 Tips is very low right now, any chance to increase the value?

Kebwesi

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 02:29:43 AM

Hi Guys, I've been away for a few days now. But in the process, I am putting together a team of developers, all of them new to crypto, but very good at their work. The learning curve is steep so the earliest they could get to work on this coin is January 2015. Meanwhile, to be fair to the large wallets: Its not fair to penalize them, they believed in the coin while the rest of us were elsewhere, let us work with them. They could finance the development of features and services around the coin. We could also have Off exchange buying and selling of the same coins.

peme

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:44:59 PM

Hi Guys, I've been away for a few days now. But in the process, I am putting together a team of developers, all of them new to crypto, but very good at their work. The learning curve is steep so the earliest they could get to work on this coin is January 2015. Meanwhile, to be fair to the large wallets: Its not fair to penalize them, they believed in the coin while the rest of us were elsewhere, let us work with them. They could finance the development of features and services around the coin. We could also have Off exchange buying and selling of the same coins.

nice.  Smiley
Catanonia

Activity: 118

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 10:24:23 PM

As a very early backer, I too keep an eye on this coin and wish it well. Nice to see the market moving again today, a good bit of trading happening.

To add my view point, as a large holder, I of course would not like to see another coin released, it would be the laffing stock of the market.

thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 05:13:37 AM

Good job. I should looking forward for your team do next

mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:23:17 PM

Thanks for the efforts.
Any further details as you can....and when you can make them.....would be much appreciated.

Good job. I should looking forward for your team do next
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 04:02:46 PM

What happens to invisibel? His last post was from March 5th.
miningpros

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 07:48:30 PM

Once people start knowing about Tips again we it will hit BTC exchange again
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 04:16:46 AM

Once people start knowing about Tips again we it will hit BTC exchange again

Fedora just moved into the top 100 on coinmarketcap.com at #100 now... You must be doing something right.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
miningpros

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:33:54 PM

Whales stepping over from Moon to Tips , we should be able to head for 30 Sat.
DarkVenu

Activity: 277

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:31:04 AM

Whales stepping over from Moon to Tips , we should be able to head for 30 Sat.

why not 300?  Grin Grin Grin
skillrun

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:09:58 PM

hello FedoraCoin Community!

I came back from my 6 months trip in America, kept holding TiPS, and I love the progression the coin made.  Smiley

I am a long term holder who got his coins at the beginning.

We see some nice progression, but how can we help pushing the coin further in the right way?
- What do you guys think of spending money in promoting the coin?

So we draw the attention back to TiPS!
MystPhysX

Activity: 597

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:42:01 PM

My node is going offline. Switching servers soon.

poncom

Activity: 318

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:54:28 PM

Now the block halving at height 416,000 passed the big mining pools should have less to dump. I guess the big pools might have been holding TIPS back until the halving.
id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:58:39 AM

As a very early backer, I too keep an eye on this coin and wish it well. Nice to see the market moving again today, a good bit of trading happening.

To add my view point, as a large holder, I of course would not like to see another coin released, it would be the laffing stock of the market.

glad to see you back!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:58:58 AM

this is very awesome news!!!
I also agree we shouldn't penalize the large holders who were the early backers of this coin you have a good point. especially since it appears the large wallets belong to exchanges so there is nothing negative about that. I had also very busy weeks recently and couldn't contribute much here but I'm very glad to see TIPS alive and kicking! Anyway I was thinking today about the POS vs POW, if we could switch the algo without creating a new coin no body would lose their coins and the benefits are:
- community of TIPS would gain value (new TIPS) while supporting the network instead of miners who are mostly not interested in it and keep dumping the coin on us
- the value would be supported by the community because we are largely holders, price won't be pressed down through the miners
- for those of us who have mining equipment we could create a pool to mine other coins and automatically convert to TIPS or BTC
is that not worth doing?

I would also like to make donations to new ideas if somebody wants to do something for TIPS, and we also have the community fund now from which we can start supporting projects, so any suggestions?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Kebwesi

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 03:04:00 PM

I also agree we shouldn't penalize the large holders who were the early backers of this coin you have a good point. especially since it appears the large wallets belong to exchanges so there is nothing negative about that. I had also very busy weeks recently and couldn't contribute much here but I'm very glad to see TIPS alive and kicking! Anyway I was thinking today about the POS vs POW, if we could switch the algo without creating a new coin no body would lose their coins and the benefits are:
- community of TIPS would gain value (new TIPS) while supporting the network instead of miners who are mostly not interested in it and keep dumping the coin on us
- the value would be supported by the community because we are largely holders, price won't be pressed down through the miners
- for those of us who have mining equipment we could create a pool to mine other coins and automatically convert to TIPS or BTC
is that not worth doing?

I would also like to make donations to new ideas if somebody wants to do something for TIPS, and we also have the community fund now from which we can start supporting projects, so any suggestions?

What do you think of having a backup blockexplorer at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/? I contacted (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=221182) Fairglu, and the response was that he takes 125USD per year to host a chain explorer on the website. What do you guys think about that? Am willing to contribute some towards this.

Meanwhile, since the means and manner of securing the blockchain is a work in progress, how about we pick the best of each solution in the market? We retain the POW, while employing POS in further securing transactions via masternodes (Darkcoin). The quantity and quality of transactions (Proof of Importance) could also be used to further secure the network by encouraging liquidity and movement (NEM).

CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:48:24 PM

is that not worth doing?

What is the plan here?  Is it a switch from POW to POS, as appears to be suggested?  Or is it conversion to POW + POS?

And if an algo change is in the works, what will it be changed to?

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
Kebwesi

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 03:17:22 PM

I believe the primary concerns here are:
i) Stability
Fedoracoin should be resilient against all the common and known issues surrounding the bitcoin technology, we may not lead the way, but we should be innovative enough to carve a lucrative niche. For Instance, the blocks should have a stable and reliable timetable, the faster -the better, whether we go POS, POW, POI or a hybrid of all those, the endgame is to provide a consistent user experience.

ii) Development
I am working towards putting together a competent team. The team is in place, the competence is being worked on as we speak. We are noobs to say the least, but we have the heart for it, the willingness to learn and the humility to be corrected whenever we err. We would also be willing to partner and learn from whomever is able to advance our common interests. Who is the lead developer? None, we play as a team. In that spirit, we humbly request Invisibel, icanprogram, MystPhysX and all the great guys that lead in the past to allow us work with them in advancing this coin to the benefit of all.

We will not need payment for our services, since the coin is rather cheap as is, and thus we come in as investors.

BTW: Fedoracoin is #42 at https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/fedoracoin... we got potential!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: