Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:55:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features  (Read 180997 times)
Fargusson

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:52:54 PM

I think that we need a trading fund to pump the price and to keep it at a certain value. Miners/investors will come when the coin will be more profitable.

Can you provide some details on how we can get started on this?  Sounds good, but I don't know how this works.

There are a few things we have to do.

Find the minium value that we want TIPS to reach in order to attract investors and miners. In my oppinion this value is around 20-22, at the current difficulty. If the difficulty increasese so should the value in order to keep the same profitability ratio. If the price reaches 20 (0.00000020 LTC) at this difficulty we would be as profitable as dogecoin.

After that we need the help of all the people that bought tips high or low (30-40/9-10-11) and wait for the first opportunity tu dump the coins. For ex. if you buy at 10 it's a great opportunity to dump at 20, you have 100% profit or if you buy at 40 again it's a good opportunity to dump at 20. We need to make them realise that in order to help the coin, the community and their wallet, it is best to not dump the coins at the first price rise.

If the community helps us the fund will have to be about half of the daily traded tips volume but if everyone starts dumping their coins at the first price rise then the trading fund will have to be a lot bigger.

The tactic is quite simple if you have the right ammount of LTC. In my oppinion the first step should be pumping the price until it reaches 15 and then keeping it there until we have buy orders above our buy wall. This is not a pump and dump so we need people and investors to follow the trend, the fund will be there only to mantain the minium value we need to have in order to keep our profitability ratio. After that we should pump the price until it reaches 20-22 and try to keep it here, even though it will be a bit difficult.

We need to set a new trend (ascending) and make sure it doesn't reverse. If we can do this for a few days i'm sure that we will get the attention we need in order to make this coin a "star".

If this thing really happens, the coin wil need extra marketing and maybe someone will find an athlete/a team(LOL/CS GO/any game played in international competitions)/something that has as much visibility as possible and we can offer him/her/them a donation to get the internet's/media's attention.

Okay.  So my next question is: How does the community and crypto enthusiasts feel about something like this.  I would think this is something that would be frowned upon, as it is basically artificial inflation and dependent upon the fund holder.  Like I said I am just asking, to get a feel. 

I'm personally not too fond of this idea. I mean, is it not better just to attract new people and spread the news ?

The price will go up by itself.

But if you want to buy FedoraCoin, go ahead Grin I just don't think it's necessary to coordinate a pump action

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ask4MORE

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:02:47 PM

I think that we need a trading fund to pump the price and to keep it at a certain value. Miners/investors will come when the coin will be more profitable.

Can you provide some details on how we can get started on this?  Sounds good, but I don't know how this works.

There are a few things we have to do.

Find the minium value that we want TIPS to reach in order to attract investors and miners. In my oppinion this value is around 20-22, at the current difficulty. If the difficulty increasese so should the value in order to keep the same profitability ratio. If the price reaches 20 (0.00000020 LTC) at this difficulty we would be as profitable as dogecoin.

After that we need the help of all the people that bought tips high or low (30-40/9-10-11) and wait for the first opportunity tu dump the coins. For ex. if you buy at 10 it's a great opportunity to dump at 20, you have 100% profit or if you buy at 40 again it's a good opportunity to dump at 20. We need to make them realise that in order to help the coin, the community and their wallet, it is best to not dump the coins at the first price rise.

If the community helps us the fund will have to be about half of the daily traded tips volume but if everyone starts dumping their coins at the first price rise then the trading fund will have to be a lot bigger.

The tactic is quite simple if you have the right ammount of LTC. In my oppinion the first step should be pumping the price until it reaches 15 and then keeping it there until we have buy orders above our buy wall. This is not a pump and dump so we need people and investors to follow the trend, the fund will be there only to mantain the minium value we need to have in order to keep our profitability ratio. After that we should pump the price until it reaches 20-22 and try to keep it here, even though it will be a bit difficult.

We need to set a new trend (ascending) and make sure it doesn't reverse. If we can do this for a few days i'm sure that we will get the attention we need in order to make this coin a "star".

If this thing really happens, the coin wil need extra marketing and maybe someone will find an athlete/a team(LOL/CS GO/any game played in international competitions)/something that has as much visibility as possible and we can offer him/her/them a donation to get the internet's/media's attention.

Okay.  So my next question is: How does the community and crypto enthusiasts feel about something like this.  I would think this is something that would be frowned upon, as it is basically artificial inflation and dependent upon the fund holder.  Like I said I am just asking, to get a feel. 

If you pump and dump in the same day it will be very bad for the coin but if you pump it slowly, as described above, until it reaches 80-100 and keep it at that level until the coin is able to autosustain it's value the community will not mind at all. We all do this for the money and this is what brought us here so we need to make this coin profitable in order to attract new people.

I think that this coin needs a new unique (i hope) future: FedoraCoin Protection Fund -> minimum profitability ratio of X guaranteed.
ask4MORE

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:17:23 PM

I'm personally not too fond of this idea. I mean, is it not better just to attract new people and spread the news ?

But if you want to buy FedoraCoin, go ahead Grin I just don't think it's necessary to coordinate a pump action

If you attract new people they will simply mine it and sell it immediatly at the lowest price or wait for it to rise a little bit then dump OR they will just buy 500 Mil coins and stack them for 1-2-3 months or until someone pumps the price, the point is that the price will not go up by it's self, it needs to be pushed and keept at that value until it becomes the "default" value. By default value i mean the first value of tips that pops into your head without checking the price on cryptsy and that for me is 0.00000010 right now. It used to be 45.
Fargusson

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:20:54 PM

If you attract new people they will simply mine it and sell it immediatly at the lowest price or wait for it to rise a little bit then dump OR they will just buy 500 Mil coins and stack them for 1-2-3 months or until someone pumps the price, the point is that the price will not go up by it's self, it needs to be pushed and keept at that value until it becomes the "default" value. By default value i mean the first value of tips that pops into your head without checking the price on cryptsy and that for me is 0.00000010 right now. It used to be 45.

Still not convinced by your method  Sad

Attracting new investors seems to be the only way to stabilize the price. If you pump, you attract multipools. And no offense to you but you don't have the money for fighting against multipools  Cheesy

And if you can show to people that this coin Worth it, which is the plan, they will not sell at the lowest price. Multipools do dummy dumps. People do panic sell.

Getting people believe in TiPS is the only sustainable option IMHO
ask4MORE

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:48:15 PM

1. Everything new is up and running, how do you attract new investors if you don't have anything new coming up and there are other 10 coins much more profitable than tips? http://www.altcoinstats.com/

2. How does the price rise if the investors just buy 50 BTC worth of tips at the lowest price? you think that it will magically start to rise? if you want to have a "natural" price increase this coin has to offer something incredible, something unbelievable in order to generate a demand much bigger than the offer and we all now that this is not the case. The coin needs help.

3. With 20 BTC you can pump and maintain the price, if i had this much btc i would have done it.

The community believes in profitable coins and now this coin is not even close to profitable.
Fargusson

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:19:20 PM

1. Everything new is up and running, how do you attract new investors if you don't have anything new coming up and there are other 10 coins much more profitable than tips? http://www.altcoinstats.com/

2. How does the price rise if the investors just buy 50 BTC worth of tips at the lowest price? you think that it will magically start to rise? if you want to have a "natural" price increase this coin has to offer something incredible, something unbelievable in order to generate a demand much bigger than the offer and we all now that this is not the case. The coin needs help.

3. With 20 BTC you can pump and maintain the price, if i had this much btc i would have done it.

The community believes in profitable coins and now this coin is not even close to profitable.

Again I'm forced to desagree. A part of the community, the one which pump and dump, believe in profitable coins. This part doesn't care about the coin future, it cares about money. The strongest part believe in the features and well..., the community. This part is the one we should lean on.

There was some huge work done to do the rebranding. There is much more work to do to advertise. And I'm confident there will be not just 1 people investing 50 BTC in FedoraCoin but thousands.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 09:25:14 PM

I don't trade, so I won't argue the logic, but seems correct. Pump and Dump is not the answer.

I believe that we can turn this coin around with a few easy steps, and then that should help us win new and old members.  We all want it to be profitable, but we all have to work at it.  Just a few of us working on services and other projects won't be able to do it alone.

1.  Build stores and things like that, so people can get tangible goods with Fedoracoin. (1 on the way, and another coming)
2.  Give to good causes, setup fundraisers for things.  (We need some ideas for this from the community)
3.  Market based on the above two things, and services we already provide.
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:27:33 PM

my opinion? do what they did on maxcoin: hard fork and put a new cap on 250B coins, max 300B. 500B is just too much. you'll see the price rise to 20 naturally. then you can try to push it even further with the aim to stabilize it around 40-45. meanwhile you can put all your efforts in the marketing campaign.
emelac

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:42:00 PM

my opinion? do what they did on maxcoin: hard fork and put a new cap on 250B coins, max 300B. 500B is just too much. you'll see the price rise to 20 naturally. then you can try to push it even further with the aim to stabilize it around 40-45. meanwhile you can put all your efforts in the marketing campaign.

Regarding the marketing, there were people asking about coins offering anonymity services and almost nobody mentioned TIPS. There should be more promotion of TIPS mixing service considering TIPS seems to be the only coin offering any kind of anonymity service that is out of beta. Plenty of people would probably buy for no other reason than that.
ask4MORE

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:46:24 PM

Again I'm forced to desagree. A part of the community, the one which pump and dump, believe in profitable coins. This part doesn't care about the coin future, it cares about money. The strongest part believe in the features and well..., the community. This part is the one we should lean on.

There was some huge work done to do the rebranding. There is much more work to do to advertise. And I'm confident there will be not just 1 people investing 50 BTC in FedoraCoin but thousands.

It is pump and maintain until the the coin attracts enough investors that will sustain it's artificial price. You are confident only because you ar part of the team, if you were an investor you wouldn't be so confident.

In my oppinon this coin needs three thigns:

1. Pump and maintain
2. Foundation for good causes/donation/sponsorship
3. Marketing/Advertising

mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:52:39 PM

It is pump and maintain until the the coin attracts enough investors that will sustain it's artificial price. You are confident only because you ar part of the team, if you were an investor you wouldn't be so confident.

1. Pump and maintain
3. Marketing/Advertising

1. We "Pump" and maintain by increasing community hash power.  We do this by recruiting new miners.
2. Agree
3. Agree

I will be launching a Facebook contest in a few...  I have a few million to spare.  If anyone want to donate please do:

My TipBot -  EKA6mBL2d7qfQyaLmEieTf8RPWHHxi8aKA

If everyone chips in a million (~$1), we can make the campaign go far.

Proof of previous contests:
http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin/comments/1z3ugj/1000_tips_giveaway_to_all_commenters_if_we_reach/
http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin/comments/1yhefr/official_1000_subscribers_before_march_1st_50k/

I have to take a look at the Facebook bot to figure out our strategy.

But basically I will award 100k to each person that promises to send out 80k to friends.  Rinse and repeat until I run out of TiPS Smiley

If we can verify TiP posts (I'm assuming if we belong in same group, we can see who is getting tipped..) we have a great way to verify and spread virally.
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:55:01 PM

Reddcoin is now far ahead, even though I better like fedoracoin. Discuss it here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=553332.new#new
DarkVenu

Activity: 277

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:03:41 PM

Reddcoin is now far ahead, even though I better like fedoracoin. Discuss it here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=553332.new#new

Lol...another time...
ask4MORE

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:12:06 PM

1. We "Pump" and maintain by increasing community hash power.  We do this by recruiting new miners.

The network hashrate is determined by the price. A high price is immediately followed by a high network hashrate but a high network hashrate doesn't guarantee a high price.

You have to give people a reason to start buying now at 0.00000011, 0.00000012, 0.00000013 instead of puting a buy order at 0.00000010 and wait for 24-48h to buy the coins.
Fargusson

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:33:30 PM

The network hashrate is determined by the price. A high price is immediately followed by a high network hashrate but a high network hashrate doesn't guarantee a high price.

You have to give people a reason to start buying now at 0.00000011, 0.00000012, 0.00000013 instead of puting a buy order at 0.00000010 and wait for 24-48h to buy the coins.

Well that's not entirely true. If you give people to keep their coins, a high hashrate means a higher price.

We have to improve community hashrate vs. multipools hashrate. That would be a good start.

But I'm fond of your idea of Facebook tipping rally. We both agree we need to bring more people here.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 10:55:40 PM

1. Pump and maintain
3. Marketing/Advertising

2. Agree
3. Agree

I will be launching a Facebook contest in a few...  I have a few million to spare.  If anyone want to donate please do:

My TipBot -  EKA6mBL2d7qfQyaLmEieTf8RPWHHxi8aKA

If everyone chips in a million (~$1), we can make the campaign go far.

Proof of previous contests:
http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin/comments/1z3ugj/1000_tips_giveaway_to_all_commenters_if_we_reach/
http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin/comments/1yhefr/official_1000_subscribers_before_march_1st_50k/

I have to take a look at the Facebook bot to figure out our strategy.

But basically I will award 100k to each person that promises to send out 80k to friends.  Rinse and repeat until I run out of TiPS Smiley

If we can verify TiP posts (I'm assuming if we belong in same group, we can see who is getting tipped..) we have a great way to verify and spread virally.

Lets get it going.  Just sent 1mil lets get it!!!
jtbcoins

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:55:47 PM

There is one way to get the walls moving up. If you have any litecoin spare but don't want to buy again. place a buy order in at 1-9. If you don't mind buying put in at 10. The bigger the buy wall the higher the chance people will panic buy.
mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:00:04 AM

Based on personal experience, I agree with this statement far more times than not.

There is one way to get the walls moving up. If you have any litecoin spare but don't want to buy again. place a buy order in at 1-9. If you don't mind buying put in at 10. The bigger the buy wall the higher the chance people will panic buy.
Mk2vr6

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:05:19 AM

Good to see TiPS moving!
MystPhysX

Activity: 597

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:53:00 AM

List me as part of the dev team! I like to show off to my friends.

Listed Wink

Thanks for your work man
Lol, thanks!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: