Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:42:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features  (Read 180997 times)
Fargusson

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:08:35 PM

Yah for me also the name TIPS says it all, maybe that's the major reason why I like this coin and still holding onto it! I wish I was one of the billions holder but I guess now is a perfect opportunity to buy up if things start going in the right direction  Grin

About the funding, I'm have no idea how much to offer, do you know if those translators at karma got rewarded and how much? I could make a post on reddit and here and whatever we end up with will be distributed, but also not sure about the mechanism how to do that. I could create a wallet for that and gather the funds if people trust me if we find no better solution.

About the translation work, I'm totally convinced that this is a good way to go. Back in the time I tried to translate the BTC thread, I talked to some people trying to get them translate it in Arabic and Chinese, but didn't achieved anything unfortunately. IMHO, as mouseman said, Google Translate isn't an option. If you start a local thread, you have to have someone in charge of the community management in the considered language. If you can't answer to the questions asked in the thread, people will think the coin is dead, and will pass. That's why I think you can't just pay someone for this. You have to find a community memeber devoted enough to do some work (and trust me, I did it, it''s not that much work).

About the funding website, we are trying to do that for a while, but never found someone to make a proper website with a donation fund and some project reporting. Maybe we can talk to +/u/UnekPL on Reddit? He made the Twitter Tipbot, he should knew about online wallet a bit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:14:48 AM

yah actually you sent me the files back then cuz I wanted to translate to Arabic but I had difficulty doing it, I guess my Arabic wasn't as good as I thought :p. but now I found somebody with better ability and he already sent me a version I'm going to check. I think he might want to manage the Arabic thread or I could do that with him. sure google translate still sucks hehe.

about the fund yah let's talk to the reddit guy and get this done, it will be useful for this project and all future things to come!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:30:10 PM

honestly I don't understand why icann isn't replying my pvt msg or openly here in the forum to discuss about how we can resuscitate this dying coin. it's 2/3 litoshi right now. what is he waiting for? once delisted by bter and cryptsy it's gone... no way we can resuscitate it again. I have a little stake of course, I liked the name TIPS, hoped it could compete with dogecoin and reddcoin (I have a small stake in each of course), and it's in my interest that this won't die. he claims to have only a couple of million so, maybe, with a stake worth less than 50 cents he has no interest at all at this stage. if this is the case (and he should at least confirm for everyone's sake), I ask openly here: just give away the github access to someone who can take over and continue your work. thanks
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:14:45 PM

Ditto ..

We need a dev with a plan
or
the keys to the kingdom

Triff ..

DarkVenu

Activity: 277

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:12:00 AM

Why Fedora have been removed from Cryptsy ?

Community are dead? 

I can buy many billion at this price , so cmon guys  Wink

Arbitrageur

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:54:35 PM

it's still listed, what are you talking about? anyway it's matter of days now. 2 litoshi left.
id10tothe9

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:52:43 PM

I'm kinda in contact with icanprogram, he is a bit busy at the moment and accesses his reddit more often than here so I'm trying (with Arbitrageur who suggested that) to communicate with him and arrange a meeting with him and those of you guys who wants this coin to survive.

Currently we have a problem which is why nothing has been going on recently, and that is icanprogram has no stake in this coin ie. he does not have enough TIPS to profit from the coin if it succeeds and has been doing actually really good work as far as I can tell, just for the fun of it I guess. I see this as a problem, because this thing needs actually hard work too, brilliant ideas are not enough, and for somebody to put the time and sweat into it he needs an incentive. Either have some amount of the currency, or get paid. Other coins have a developer's fund, or even let 50% of all minted coins (POS) be redirected for development. We tried this sometime ago, but I guess not enough was donated to the fund. The other devs I have no idea what they are doing or if they are still there.. I don't really know why things didn't work that well, I personally think the nature of the previous devs doing all the work on irc and having almost no communication or feed back with the community caused people to lose interest and faith, so they also did not really donate to the devs since they did not know much about them or their work. It's my personal analysis, but non of that matters I say!
we all have seen how powerful and active our community could be months ago, back then all the control was in the hands of the few devs and they obviously failed us because they failed to communicate with us and so the coin is just about to die now, because it needs us to survive. Now we have another chance to take things in our hands and take us all where ever we want. the devs did good work I think I don't want to make it all bad, but we need a new way and a new strategy to make it. Now is the time for your brilliant ideas and your activity! and it's perfectly timed with the coming bitcoin rally in the coming months, so we can use the alts rally which will happen just like last year I predict and use the extra ride.

I will suggest that we create a new forum special for FedoraCoin only, and maybe change the name to TIPS only as it seems most of you agree that it's a better idea. and I would then suggest having a thread in that forum dedicated to business and projects, so that the community members who have good ideas get there together and develop their own sites and businesses. because this is the only way a coin could really survive and grow.

Get your thoughts and ideas ready and I'll inform you when I hear back from icanprogram and maybe we can all arrange a time of meeting on irc or something and decide on our next steps.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Arbitrageur

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:18:23 PM

Changing the name to TIPS, get rid of the fedora, have a new logo and one coin representative

http://coinbrief.net/coin-brief-coin-representatives/

still trying to get in touch with some poker software company, I'd like tips to be used in a poker app.
the lottocoin guys did this:

https://lottocoinpoker.com/

but it's limited to browser and has no social features, so the network marketing potential to start jump it is null.
fishy91

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:22:55 PM

Is there any chance the maximum number of coins will be reduced?
Arbitrageur

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:56:32 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 06:08:31 PM by Arbitrageur

that was discussed some time ago. wasn't done. too late now.

anyone knows who is this guy: theking7426

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=415633.0

did he vanish?

man what unbelievable amount of BS in that thread...

so at this stage my question is: who's bagholding 270B tips? are there 300+ bagholders? is it so distributed that really no one has no incentive to do anything? who else has any interest in saving this coin?

let's count us: anyone holding more than 3B raises his hand! I know it's like asking "all the stupid in the room raise their hand", but everybody makes mistakes. everybody who bought this thing made a huge mistake. but what's done is done, we have to see if there's any chance to resuscitate it. also everybody with more than 10B raises both hands.

----------
ps mac wallet doesn't work in the fedoraco.in page. link broken.

Arbitrageur

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:50:26 PM

ok, first hand is mine!
Senator51

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:30:11 PM

First of all, we shall learn what is the dev plan according to the TIPS. Maybe he plans to continue the work with community, maybe he plans to abandom "ship" and he is ready to deliver us all the keys to coin resources or ... he just has no time and interst  to be involved in the TIPS project anymore and he has no plans to pass control over the coin development to anyone, including community. These are fundamental questions and dev answers will allow all of us to say what community can do next.
Senator51

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:36:18 PM

By the way, second hand is my but only in half (0.5B)
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 06:51:02 PM

Third hand is mine, i'm proud to be FedoraCoin bagholder.

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:56:04 PM

OK, there are definitely some large holders here. I am NOT one of them.
I'll be throwing together some loose thoughts of my own....probably tomorrow.
By the way, if you are a person holding in the billions of TIPS...yikes...please get more involved. Wink

TreasureSeeker

Activity: 455
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 10:36:07 PM

I'll raise half a finger!  

Seeing as there were rumours (I don't know how true) that XC was initially based on a fork from Fedoracoin, is there stuff from XC that TIPS could employ or learn from to create a better implementation of anonymity/privacy than currently exists in TIPS?

Fun & Friendly p2pool Mining at TreasureQuarry.  Litecoin http://litecoin.treasurequarry.com:9327 Dash p2pool  http://dash.treasurequarry.com:7903
mouseman

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 11:54:55 PM

I thought XC just only days ago launched their anon spec.....or is it still a few days off?
Correct me if I am also wrong...XC has some pretty strong coders, yes?

I'll raise half a finger!  

Seeing as there were rumours (I don't know how true) that XC was initially based on a fork from Fedoracoin, is there stuff from XC that TIPS could employ or learn from to create a better implementation of anonymity/privacy than currently exists in TIPS?
mouseman

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 11:56:00 PM

We can discuss that topic a bit more over the next week+.

Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1161

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:35:30 AM

On which date was TIPS launched (Genesis block)?
id10tothe9

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:35:35 AM

I just created this, what do you think? https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByUR6Uf-4r_2aF9Tb0xmQ2VaekE&usp=sharing

It's all public and anybody can create and edit. Add the folder to your gdrive account!
I'll start putting stuff there and post them here. And let's discuss the idea, I'm hoping this can help us start organising and working together.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: