Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:42:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features  (Read 180997 times)
mouseman

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:44:56 PM

Interesting. I held/mined Dogecoin for months and months this year. Couldn't take it anymore and sold at about 52 satoshis recently and put into TIPS. I saw the TIPS price as a POTENTIAL better return at these low level prices. Whereas I was taking into account further contraction from Doge and Jackson sounding a bit frustrated with things over there.
At any rate, this forum is about TIPS and there has been a few interesting ideas presented by multiple members recently. Their worth, are of course, contingent on actually moving them from the "words" category over to the "action" ledger. 

I'm selling RDD for TIPS, hold on bagholders the future is bright.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:31:17 AM

Alright, so I guess we are somewhere in the middle, kinda laying on the desert sand thursty and dying as the numbers presented by Arbitrageur are sadly correct, but it seems there is still spirit inside to fight and reach the water pond, there is still hope Grin

icanprogram, it's good to know that you are working on reviving the old forum and working with business shops, however I think you (the devs) need to make a change in your ways of handling the development and the community. Probably you know that and maybe working on improvements, but I'll put this on the table again to have a constructive conversation here and find a solution to get this coin going in the positive direction again!

I guess I can summarize the the issue in saying that a few persons working on development behind closed doors, alone, is not an effective way to do it. You have/had a great community here, the enthusiasm I witnessed here and the ideas and discussions were so constructive and smart, there were people here who could take this coin far, but now most of them are gone and no body posts any more. That's because 1. we have no idea at all what the devs are doing and it looks like very little is happening. 2. the community is not able to contribute because we are dealing with a black box here and most of the time even when we actively communicate with you we get little to no feedback.

You have a great community here still, you should use it and let it help you. you probably can use some more programmers I'm sure you will find them here and they would like to join. let those programmers start their own projects and create more applications around the coin. let the community help with ideas and start creating markets for this coin. I'm not a programmer but I would like for example to start handing out wallets and teaching my local shops how to give tips to customers as a bonus etc, I can only post the idea here but when I get no help from somebody knowledgeable on how to do that, and everybody lost their enthusiasm because projects have been suggested before but ignored then nothing new can happen.

I guess it is tough to manage a community and it needs experience, I would probably not handle it well myself even though I'm giving the talk now Grin. But I think the community can help in that, you just need to engage them more. This thread should not be ignored since constructive activity has been the highest here, and if a new forum is created then that's great. but there needs to be constant communication between us all. Again I always post examples from the worldcoin community and many others, some even have weekly reports from the devs about the current work besides other side projects being created by the community people themselves. You don't have to do all the work alone! You need the community and vice versa. if you don't have enough people with enough time I'm sure somebody here can step up and take new positions in order to have better management of whatever needs to be managed. Let's bring some organization to our work here, figure out what are the important things that need to be taken care of (eg. place for projects overview, what's being done what's planned, a way to fund them or suggest and even start new ones by the community). such things can be programmed by anybody who has the knowledge, ,you don't have to do it all!

At the end I can only say "I tip my hat to the new revolution" and hope that this revolution will come to fruition  Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
hitbtc

Activity: 525

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 02:13:17 PM

Hello! 

It's the Hibtc team here, we'd like to invite your community to take part in our Coin Voting process.
Only active members of community can choose which currencies should be trading on Hitbtc.
You can vote for FedoraCoin and add it to Hitbtc. Every few weeks we add the coin with the highest number of votes. We've already added Doge and are in the process of adding NXT now.
A small tip: you can sign in here: https://hitbtc.com/signin and add 10 votes instead of one from non-registered users.
The other way to add a coin to the exchange is our Market Maker program. We add any coin with two Market Maker contracts, irrespective of the number of votes it has. Take a look here: https://hitbtc.com/mm
Our exchange offers unrivalled advanced technology and our latest additions have seen their exchange rates thrive once live on our platform. We think it would be a great opportunity to give your coin excellent publicity, and secure a boost to its value and liquidity.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Arbitrageur

Activity: 556

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:53:02 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 05:17:41 PM by Arbitrageur

3 litoshi bid almost gone... 2 more before being delisted. then the only market left will be against dogecoin, wonder on which exchange. or perhaps a reserve split is needed, like they do on penny stocks: 10 to 1... 500B to 50B as coin cap. or just add it here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=588413.0;topicseen

oh guys, I told you to do something when it was above 15 litoshi. I told you again to do something when the Reddcoin team played its POSV card, but nobody listened, where are the devs? did they just screw your money and disappeared? how old are they? 17?
icanprogram

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:54:26 PM

I guess I can summarize the the issue in saying that a few persons working on development behind closed doors, alone, is not an effective way to do it. You have/had a great community here, the enthusiasm I witnessed here and the ideas and discussions were so constructive and smart, there were people here who could take this coin far, but now most of them are gone and no body posts any more. That's because 1. we have no idea at all what the devs are doing and it looks like very little is happening. 2. the community is not able to contribute because we are dealing with a black box here and most of the time even when we actively communicate with you we get little to no feedback.

Well yes, we can definitely use more people on board.
We never tried to be closed, but it's hard repeating everything that's done everywhere Smiley.

If anyone wants to work on Fedoracoin, or related projects, we would more than welcome that.
icanprogram

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:58:54 PM

did they just screw your money and disappeared?

I have a couple of million Fedoracoin that the community donated to me when I did a few projects back in December and January.
There is no money to screw.
Arbitrageur

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:29:31 PM

I have a couple of million Fedoracoin that the community donated to me when I did a few projects back in December and January.
There is no money to screw.

oh that's a big incentive to work for the coin and the community. now it's all clear. couple of million, lol. I wonder who's bagholding the remaining 270 Billion, with a B.
Arbitrageur

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:06:28 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 08:11:08 PM by Arbitrageur

Ok, some new proposals: 1) get rid of the fedora name. it's crappy. total absolute crap. just call it TIPS. it works better, it's nice and easy. fedoracoin, come on. didn't work, won't work. needs a massive rebranding around the word tips 2) you need something that creates demand of tips for a real use. I thought the best would be a poker game, tips rhymes with chips. for this purpose either you create the app or try to bring Tips to an existing poker app and integrate them in it. (I have already contacted someone, and will try to contact some others).

If any developer wants to get in touch with me to discuss further ideas, contact me in pvt.
eyebeetle

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:13:46 PM

Well it was a good run TIPS. Too many coins, too stupid of a name Sad
mouseman

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:53:11 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 03:30:01 AM by mouseman

We all went through this months ago and the Dev didn't want to make the change - CHANGE THE %$%^fv%%ty$#%@#$ NAME OF THE COIN TO ONLY "TIPS". Lose 1000% of anything even remotely related to the word "Fedora". Burn all Fedoras!!

Reverse split the coin if that's something the community wants. Not for or against, but let's hear further discussion from folks if there is anything that they want changed and how those changes will reflect better on TIPS.

This should be a TIPPING specific/focused coin.

Ok, some new proposals: 1) get rid of the fedora name. it's crappy. total absolute crap. just call it TIPS. it works better, it's nice and easy. fedoracoin, come on. didn't work, won't work. needs a massive rebranding around the word tips 2) you need something that creates demand of tips for a real use. I thought the best would be a poker game, tips rhymes with chips. for this purpose either you create the app or try to bring Tips to an existing poker app and integrate them in it. (I have already contacted someone, and will try to contact some others).

If any developer wants to get in touch with me to discuss further ideas, contact me in pvt.
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:32:25 AM

For starters, I want to state that I'm in full agreement with the sentiments expressed
by mouseman and Arbitrageur ..

For those that don't have a prior history with this coin ..
We tried a 'community' takeover last Fall ..
It's the reason for the last and only price surge in TiPS ..
Problem was it never gained any traction where it matters ..
The devs weren't willing to allow ( if that's the right word ) it
and/or weren't willing to relenquish control of the coin ..

We were going to ditch the name "Fedora" and the "hat" logo ..
and re-brand as TIPS ( all caps ) ..
Marketing was to be focused on "tipping" and using TIPS for that purpose
Development was to be focused on  building apps ( especially mobile apps ) to facilitate "tipping" ..
We wanted a TIPS web applet that content providers could embed on their web pages
to receive TIPS as appreciation for their content etc etc ..

All for naught .. and now you see where the coin is ..
The original devs are married to the 'hat' and  "fedoracoin" meme ..
And clearly stated that the community takeover effort was a waste of time
as it wasn't going to happen ..

I don't see where anything has changed other than the price collapse ..
And with the release of generic tipping apps by others that can handle any coin ..
We've missed the 'window' that TIPS was poised to exploit ..

I continue to hold a several million coin position here in the belief
that the devs will abandon this coin ( at some point ) and that those still interested in
a 'rehab' and/or  'rebranding' effort will be given an opportunity to do so ..

Triff ..

id10tothe9

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:46:49 AM

Excellent points made by all commenters, icanprogram what do you say about the points and ideas made? and also when do you think the new forum will be ready? the community would like to join in and help but how would we be able to do that if we don't know what's going on in the background and have no place to start stuff on our own? the communication is needed maybe you should think about a solution to that and then I'm sure you will find more than the help you need and things can take off Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Arbitrageur

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:13:21 PM

I tried to contact ican privetely, hope he'll be available to discuss a future successful development of the coin and form a new management team open to all those who are truly committed to this coin.
id10tothe9

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:49:46 PM

I tried to contact ican privetely, hope he'll be available to discuss a future successful development of the coin and form a new management team open to all those who are truly committed to this coin.

great  Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
id10tothe9

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:31:36 PM

hey guys I asked on my facebook group TiPS4tips if somebody can translate our frontpage of this thread to Arabic and other languages. We now have somebody who will translate to Arabic and we can soon start a thread. I hope other people will also volunteer, I already told them we have French and Italian.

But I also offered a prize for that and I hope that the community here can help fund those guys. I will donate TIPS myself and hope some of you will join! however I'm not sure how to do that, is there a possibility to get a project funding address or something that everybody trusts to send the donations to those people?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 03:07:21 PM

For starters, I want to state that I'm in full agreement with the sentiments expressed
by mouseman and Arbitrageur ..

For those that don't have a prior history with this coin ..
We tried a 'community' takeover last Fall ..
It's the reason for the last and only price surge in TiPS ..
Problem was it never gained any traction where it matters ..
The devs weren't willing to allow ( if that's the right word ) it
and/or weren't willing to relenquish control of the coin ..

I too have held TIPS from almost the beginning. Last time I opened the wallet was when the logo changed. I am somewhat resigned to the notion that TIPS is circling the drain. I do know that the "hat" stuff must go! If you want this coin to be taken seriously, loose the hat, stick with TIPS as the name and approach the Point Of Sale software and hardware vendors and get this thing integrated into their software for restaurants.

my 2 cents...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
stblackbird

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:51:34 PM

I don't mind the hat, or the logo, however TiPScoin could be a better coin, honestly. However that's not the point. The point is by doing some minor changes we could shift the interest back to TiPS, unless the guys holding Billions start selling. I am actual curious, who is holding all the tips, and why don't they invest in their coin!

The only reason doge became so popular is that few early miners-buyers started the heavy tipping. Irrelevant is that the price pump proved unhealthy and unrealistic...
mouseman

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:52:06 AM

Yeah, I'll be willing to throw in some TIPS for sure if you can coordinate this for us id10tothe9.
I'd be somewhat open to just about any language translation...just so as they are NOT USING GOOGLE TRANSLATE TO DO THE TRANSLATION!
If you desire to go for it, I could as a few people over at the Karma forum for their translation assistance as several native speaking translators over there just recently helped with translations. Any ideas how much we should offer each native speaker translation?

hey guys I asked on my facebook group TiPS4tips if somebody can translate our frontpage of this thread to Arabic and other languages. We now have somebody who will translate to Arabic and we can soon start a thread. I hope other people will also volunteer, I already told them we have French and Italian.

But I also offered a prize for that and I hope that the community here can help fund those guys. I will donate TIPS myself and hope some of you will join! however I'm not sure how to do that, is there a possibility to get a project funding address or something that everybody trusts to send the donations to those people?
mouseman

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:55:29 AM

Quite frankly, TIPS is one of the very best names for a coin I have seen since the time of my initial involvement in crypto til now.
Any connection with "Fedora" is a step back.
id10tothe9

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:15:59 PM

Yah for me also the name TIPS says it all, maybe that's the major reason why I like this coin and still holding onto it! I wish I was one of the billions holder but I guess now is a perfect opportunity to buy up if things start going in the right direction  Grin

About the funding, I'm have no idea how much to offer, do you know if those translators at karma got rewarded and how much? I could make a post on reddit and here and whatever we end up with will be distributed, but also not sure about the mechanism how to do that. I could create a wallet for that and gather the funds if people trust me if we find no better solution.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: