Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:11:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PND]Pandacoin | First Hybrid Wallet | 5000% Faster Blockchain Download | Instant Sync  (Read 1358873 times)
Linux_Mint_Pal

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Pandacoin (PND) development team member

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:44:09 AM

Rethinking Digital Currency

Bitcoin, the world’s first decentralized digital currency, was launched in 2009. It was the prototype that introduced and demonstrated to the world the potential benefits and usages of a decentralized digital currency. However, digital currencies are still in their infant stages and have yet to see widespread mainstream adoption and usage as a unit of exchange both online and offline. There is a need to rethink the current approach to the design and marketing of digital currencies in order to achieve a global mass appeal.

August 30th

On the 30th of August the Pandacoin (PND) development team will unveil and release the highly anticipated set of major development updates to Pandacoin. The founders, developers, and architects of Pandacoin (PND) endeavor to redefine the current space with this set of major development updates, and be positioned to become the future digital currency of choice for the masses.

Stay Tuned
Pandacoin (PND) Development Team

Pandacoin Intergalactic Craft ready for full burn. Commencing diagnostic sequence.
ozzke

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:30:49 AM

I'm expecting something big - something that's hyped this much will have to be an implementation of something never used in other coins.

Actually it's not being hyped so much, we're just counting down to the release, if we would want to hype it, we would release actually a list with what we want to release, that would work a lot better.

ozzke

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:14:55 PM

I read some good stuff on the previous page but I'm interested to see if you can come up new, out of the box idea's for Pandacoin.
How would YOU market Pandacoin to someone knows very little or nothing about digital currencies?

I'm pretty excited for the 30th of August, some cool stuff coming up. But it doesn't end there, it's just the start.
It's the first step to the top, we have some great idea's already for after the release at the end of the month that hasn't been done before. Obviously I can't tell you what Wink

I know that it can be a bit frustrating though, not knowing what we're working on, but it's to protect our intellectual property. Otherwise those idea's could be copied by coins with a bigger marketcap/budget. This happens a lot more than you might think.
We're a group of hard working professionals that will deliver, just give us the trust and patience we deserve. After all, we are the fairest full POS coin out there.

barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:59:09 PM

I read some good stuff on the previous page but I'm interested to see if you can come up new, out of the box idea's for Pandacoin.
How would YOU market Pandacoin to someone knows very little or nothing about digital currencies?

I'm pretty excited for the 30th of August, some cool stuff coming up. But it doesn't end there, it's just the start.
It's the first step to the top, we have some great idea's already for after the release at the end of the month that hasn't been done before. Obviously I can't tell you what Wink

I know that it can be a bit frustrating though, not knowing what we're working on, but it's to protect our intellectual property. Otherwise those idea's could be copied by coins with a bigger marketcap/budget. This happens a lot more than you might think.
We're a group of hard working professionals that will deliver, just give us the trust and patience we deserve. After all, we are the fairest full POS coin out there.

Instead of distributing Paperwallets or something... We could do a newspaper advertisement in several countrys.... (It will cost some money though...) Telling people about PND... About the pnd4pnd foundation.... (trust me... that will work  Cheesy).. The reason why PND was created etc.... Maybe a website link in it for people, where they can claim 100PND or something like that
ozzke

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:07:02 PM

Instead of distributing Paperwallets or something... We could do a newspaper advertisement in several countrys.... (It will cost some money though...) Telling people about PND... About the pnd4pnd foundation.... (trust me... that will work  Cheesy).. The reason why PND was created etc.... Maybe a website link in it for people, where they can claim 100PND or something like that

Hmm paper newspapers, do those still exist? Tongue I like the idea but then it should be a digital newspaper where you can just click the link and go to the website. How many people see a url in a newspaper, go to their computer and check it there. Also I don't think most people that still read newspapers on paper are really our target demographic.

barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:30:46 PM

Hmm paper newspapers, do those still exist? Tongue I like the idea but then it should be a digital newspaper where you can just click the link and go to the website. How many people see a url in a newspaper, go to their computer and check it there. Also I don't think most people that still read newspapers on paper are really our target demographic.

Here in holland for example... there are multiple free newspapers lying near the trainstations... subways.. busses... those are being read a lot..

Digital is even better..  Wink
cadexn

Activity: 350

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:01:17 PM

they see us climbin

they hatin
notpanda8

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:39:32 PM

Here in holland for example... there are multiple free newspapers lying near the trainstations... subways.. busses... those are being read a lot..

Digital is even better..  Wink

Well like someone say before, we need a user base, btctalk is a good place to start, but i belive this place is more to make a profit than make progress, that's why we have every day new shitcoins, and so few releases of making the coins for the masses and more about a new algo "top notch plus++ while(true);". The idea for more exposures is good, communication is essential if plans are to be executed well, you can´t just walk into a park and start screaming to your lumps collapse about  PND and the cryptocoins wonders.

it is nice that PND have an ANN about this kind instead like someone mention before a new "nite squishy baby" feature making security to buy drugs that normal ppl don´t even care, when we know every electronic wall you put, someone is going to break that wall down unless you use your own internet were nobody else can connect.

PND is trying to take the crypto coin to the place they belong, in everybody hands, not just a internet fag, i am worry that PND don´t get enough exposure, we can´t just expect normal folks enter the cryto world even more when the only news i see on tv was in CNN when gox crashed the btc price, and when the price go back to normal CNN dint say jack shit about that.

Any way i believe the cryto community should join hands instead of a dick contest for making the game "grab a coin and run (and be sure to let everybody they should have buy/mined the coin when they could)".

Best regards
Madmach

Activity: 121

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:13:08 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 10:49:59 PM by Madmach

The newspaper is a nice idea but not enough if people no tested in practice what it's like shopping with cryptocurency and what has advantages over conventional currency.
People usually are afraid of new things that will not lose their money.
Excuse my bad English.
cryptonewstoday

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:43:43 PM

My expectations:

- a new nice looking wallet
- android wallet as barryzand said maybe
- they keep repeating digital currency for the masses and since it's already in POS I expect something to make it easier to buy PND
- new website, since the current website is very basic

I don't really think iOS wallet, no coin has that except for Bitcoin...

I am holding a couple of million but what I get from the community and the devs this coin should already be in the top 20 of the marketcap and after the release it should be in the top 10-15... my personal opinion ofc.
I'm sure it will be great and if you're not in yet now, get in before the big news! I will sell some more coins so I can buy more PND before that!  Grin
PND-Chinese

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:21:18 AM

My expectations:

- a new nice looking wallet
- android wallet as barryzand said maybe
- they keep repeating digital currency for the masses and since it's already in POS I expect something to make it easier to buy PND
- new website, since the current website is very basic

I don't really think iOS wallet, no coin has that except for Bitcoin...

I am holding a couple of million but what I get from the community and the devs this coin should already be in the top 20 of the marketcap and after the release it should be in the top 10-15... my personal opinion ofc.
I'm sure it will be great and if you're not in yet now, get in before the big news! I will sell some more coins so I can buy more PND before that!  Grin
Cool Much better than these.
bdanyo

Activity: 322

Pandacoin (PND) development team member

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 12:30:19 AM

Our Twitter Tipbot (@PNDtip) has a new rain function!

You can now tip multiple users at once in a single tweet using the 'Tiprain' function!

"If you want to tip a few users at once, you need to use the tiprain command. @pndtip tiprain @coinlabs @Bitcoin @twitter 10 will tip three users 10 coins each. This tip would charge 30 coins total from your balance."

For instructions and more details about our Twitter Tipbot - http://pandacoin.coinlabs.org/twitter/

cadexn

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:20:55 AM

Our Twitter Tipbot (@PNDtip) has a new rain function!

You can now tip multiple users at once in a single tweet using the 'Tiprain' function!

"If you want to tip a few users at once, you need to use the tiprain command. @pndtip tiprain @coinlabs @Bitcoin @twitter 10 will tip three users 10 coins each. This tip would charge 30 coins total from your balance."

For instructions and more details about our Twitter Tipbot - http://pandacoin.coinlabs.org/twitter/

Awesome news, now we can soak people in twitter too!
ozzke

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:22:37 AM

Nice new feature, keep it up!

Joesixpack9000

Activity: 157

Bohemian Crypto Guardian

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:37:18 AM

So what do you expect to be released on the 30th? (realistic expectations)

What are your expectations regarding features for the future, so after the 30th? (again realistic and in line with our vision of a digital currency for the masses)

Do you tell your friends/family about Pandacoin and if so what do you tell about it?

Anonymous transactions.

My immediate friends/family aren't even into Bitcoin.  They care not to get PND despite what I've told them.

I'm actually indifferent to anonymous transactions. It's good for deepweb transactions to buy illicit substances and all, but when I did a survey around my friends at college, none seemed to care about having anonymous transactions at all. And they fit the bill of the average end user that's not tech inclined.

If PND is to have success at achieving their slogan of "for the masses", they really need to design it for the masses, and not concentrate on pleasing the current crypto-crowd.

I think RTRC is on the ball here. Using PND like how we use traditional money is the way to appeal to the masses.

I hope the PND devs understand this (they seem to be, with their teasers for the August 30th release date), and not concentrate on crappy technological gimmics-so-called-ground-breaking-improvements that in reality, the end users (masses) will not even care about at all.

AH the suspense is killing me. SOON WE WILL KNOW!

This. Anonymity is not going to be a killer feature that will wow the average folks and get them into digital currencies. Design the user experience for the average commoner, and Pandacoin should be a hit.

Not to mention governments most likely won't take anonymity too kindly, as it could be used to launder money and for tax evasion purposes. I don't see what the hype is all about. Darkcoin being marketed as the darknet coin? Yeah that's fair. But ain't we aiming to bring awareness and involve to those that typically don't care and just want something that is easy to get into and just works?

Devs should not forget about China! Untapped potential there.

Don't get scammed or buy into SHITCOINS with instant mines, fast mines or premines - http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins
cadexn

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:45:19 AM

Just 25 more days left!
ozzke

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:05:22 PM

Devs should not forget about China! Untapped potential there.

We don't forget about China, I've seen that the last few days actually the Chinese thread has become more active and we have a dedicated Chinese Dev.

mtrycz

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:48:56 PM

The biggest idea that comes to mind is "Convenience".

People give away their privacy for convenience. People pay premium for convenience.
Water doesn't cost much, but people pay lots for bottled water everyday.

So I think that the cryptocurrency for the masses will be the one with most convenience.
I'm not actually sure what that means practically, but I'm pretty confident that's what our devs have (are) concentrated on.

Well then, cheers!

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:20:10 PM

People give away their privacy for convenience. People pay premium for convenience.

So I think that the cryptocurrency for the masses will be the one with most convenience.
I'm not actually sure what that means practically, but I'm pretty confident that's what our devs have (are) concentrated on.

Well then, cheers!

Perhaps it will be an android wallet which allows minting? It would be nice Smiley
cryptonewstoday

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:58:45 PM

Well then, cheers!

Perhaps it will be an android wallet which allows minting? It would be nice Smiley

I don't know how realistic that is, it would be very cool to have but wouldn't that require a constant connection with the blockchain and also extra CPU power which will cause your battery to die after an hour or two?
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: